PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Demo Differences

Phlip
14-12-09, 13:24
0vOl4bnyGok

All the main differences are pointed out through annotations. The others are either really obvious or really insignificant. :)

Some of the things are better, like the lack of blackouts, blur effect and more realistic deaths, the lack of green moss on the ledges in the first cutscene which make it look more like a mountain, and an animation for letting go off a ledge instead of SUDDENLY going into the falling animation with no transition. :) **** knows why they'd change those.

michaeldt
14-12-09, 13:41
nice comparison :)

Vinkula
14-12-09, 14:43
Well, I agree. That handstanding is thousands of times better than this what we have now.

WCookie
14-12-09, 14:57
Omg I already saw this, I have this demo somewhere in my house, It came with a Magazine which had lots of demos.
The deaths are way more realistic than the soapy ones we got in the ''finished game''

Still I love the complete game :P

AmericanAssassin
14-12-09, 17:05
Interesting videos, Phlip. :tmb: Kudos to you for taking the time to record that. The demo looked much better than the final version. :)

JonnyT
14-12-09, 17:06
It's nice to see how production changed the game. But I think I prefer the demos 'fancy' way of moving up a ledge to the finished version.

Phlip
14-12-09, 17:12
It's nice to see how production changed the game. But I think I prefer the demos 'fancy' way of moving up a ledge to the finished version.

Ledge hopping upwards uses the same animation as falling to grab a ledge below.

JonnyT
14-12-09, 17:18
Ledge hopping upwards uses the same animation as falling to grab a ledge below.

I meant when she's hanging on a ledge and then you hold the jump button to get up she does an aerobatic flip :p

Phlip
14-12-09, 17:27
That's just a different type of handstand. I'm glad they went back to the original one even if it looks too fast and ungraceful.

Ilie_Fusarau
14-12-09, 17:30
No blackouts and realistic deaths!:jmp: Thanks for sharing!:)

ThatNorskChick
14-12-09, 18:48
Aw man, why the hell did they change the deaths! Probably for the rating. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting, Philip.

Obscure
14-12-09, 19:29
What does she say at 5.15? Something like "I know what your thinking Zip and yet I am wearing a giant thong"
Haha!

Phlip
14-12-09, 19:34
Boulder. :)

Tony9595
14-12-09, 19:39
It's sad to see how it changed, seems like the demo was much better :(

Yuna´s Wish
14-12-09, 19:51
What does she say at 5.15? Something like "I know what your thinking Zip and yet I am wearing a giant thong"
Haha!

:vlol: She says she´s aware of the giant boulder...but your version would be equally possible in the Legend world :p

larafan25
14-12-09, 21:14
lol I remember making a thread about this a couple months back, there are alot of differences:p

I baught the demo right after I got legend....even though I already had the game:p

tombraidergale
20-12-09, 14:27
Phlip, you have to try to activate the Excalibur cheat :p The animations are really different XD (afaik the only cheats that work is the Excalibur one and maybe some weapons... but I don't remember :p)

Ilie_Fusarau
20-12-09, 15:03
Aw man, why the hell did they change the deaths! Probably for the rating. :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting, Philip.
Most likely :tmb:, can't wait to see the new M rated deaths in TRO .

Lara Fan 4Life
20-12-09, 15:21
^Who said the next game is going to get an M rating?

Anyways, thanks for posting Phlip! I have the demo somewhere around the place! I wish them deaths were in final version of the game. :( Also, they definitely should have keep that voice volume option! :vlol:

Steven_1379
20-12-09, 15:38
I LOVE the handstand in there
i remember the desktop Lara did it all over my PC XDXDXD
and yes her deaths are better there too

Phlip
20-12-09, 15:44
Phlip, you have to try to activate the Excalibur cheat :p The animations are really different XD (afaik the only cheats that work is the Excalibur one and maybe some weapons... but I don't remember :p)

Interesting, I prefer the final ones though. :D

Ward Dragon
20-12-09, 17:07
^Who said the next game is going to get an M rating?

The leaked concept art said that the game was aiming for an 'M' rating, which I think is great, but of course it could change by the time the game is ready to be released.

RAID
20-12-09, 20:43
Anybody noticed the swandive? It's the slower version of TRU's.

(So much for using Mo-cap)...

Phlip
20-12-09, 21:48

No it's definitely not TRU's. It's just slower, but still sinfully unrealistic, fast and ungraceful to watch performed.

Ilie_Fusarau
20-12-09, 22:20

You can still perform this move in Legend by tapping walk along swandive ;) .

Phlip
20-12-09, 23:15
You can still perform this move in Legend by tapping walk along swandive ;) .

Eh? :confused: There isn't a walk button and you dive by pressing jump, forward and roll. I don't understand what you mean.

gabrielorie
21-12-09, 01:17
her handstand looks so cool:cln:.and they should have kept the voice controls:D.it would have been a real pleasure to shut zip and alister up:mis:.is is just me or does the swandive look like the underworld swandive:confused:.

RAID
21-12-09, 09:07
No it's definitely not TRU's. It's just slower, but still sinfully unrealistic, fast and ungraceful to watch performed.
Accelerate it, and you got TRU's swan dive. I'm not surprised. Lots of TRU animations are from early Legend. Which is one of the reason I never believed them when they said they used mo-cap. The other reason is because the animations are garbage.

Ilie_Fusarau
21-12-09, 09:13
Eh? :confused: There isn't a walk button and you dive by pressing jump, forward and roll. I don't understand what you mean.
That's because you haven't installed the patch !

LightningRider
21-12-09, 11:25
Boo CD. I want that handstand. :(

Also, anyone notice how she doesn't die if you have guns out? That totally explains the Mountain Caves cutscene! She had her guns out when she jumped! :ton:

Phlip
21-12-09, 13:16
Accelerate it, and you got TRU's swan dive. I'm not surprised. Lots of TRU animations are from early Legend. Which is one of the reason I never believed them when they said they used mo-cap. The other reason is because the animations are garbage.
No, there are definite differences believe me. What animations from early Legend where used for Underworld? I know the early ledge climb up without a wall for her feet was used in Anniversary.

You don't get patches with PS2.

gabrielorie
21-12-09, 13:25
the move when you jump on a wall and stick was from early legend and appeared in underworld:).

Phlip
21-12-09, 13:28
the move when you jump on a wall and stick was from early legend and appeared in underworld:).

Yeah but had a different animation. From the looks of the one picture I saw, Underworld had a much less realistic and more cartoony one where she floats for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

RAID
21-12-09, 14:21
No, there are definite differences believe me. What animations from early Legend where used for Underworld? I know the early ledge climb up without a wall for her feet was used in Anniversary.

You don't get patches with PS2.
I recall a few.

When landing on an edge on her knee.
When shifting direction when swinging on a horizontal pole.
When Lara stops at an edge (looks like she's about to slip).

And I still think: the swan dive.

That's all I can recall... for now.

Steven_1379
21-12-09, 15:39
boo cd. I want that handstand. :(

also, anyone notice how she doesn't die if you have guns out? That totally explains the mountain caves cutscene! She had her guns out when she jumped! :ton:

lol :d

gabrielorie
21-12-09, 16:44
Yeah but had a different animation. From the looks of the one picture I saw, Underworld had a much less realistic and more cartoony one where she floats for a few seconds. :rolleyes:

lol that rolleyes smiley looks hilarious:vlol:.

CelticGuard
22-12-09, 12:07
If this is a demo, would it be available for download somewhere? I would like to play it myself.

Zebra
22-12-09, 12:09
If this is a demo, would it be available for download somewhere? I would like to play it myself.

PS2 demos have never been available for download. They were usually only in magazines and the like.

CelticGuard
22-12-09, 12:30
PS2 demos have never been available for download. They were usually only in magazines and the like.

I was asking whether it had already been uploaded :p

Phlip
22-12-09, 13:18
I was asking whether it had already been uploaded :p

:confused: You can't download them. :s

na_th_an
22-12-09, 14:06
You can, if somebody uploads them. I think that person was asking if somebody made an ISO from a demo disk and uploaded it somewhere.

CelticGuard
23-12-09, 11:56
You can, if somebody uploads them. I think that person was asking if somebody made an ISO from a demo disk and uploaded it somewhere.

Yes, like the TR3 PSX Beta Demo Disk (remember?) :p

dcw123
04-06-10, 15:00

I see your talking about the PC version .. this thread is about the PS2 version .. The demo can't be downloaded .. unless of course you ripped the disc and used a PS2 emulator :p Although it'd be painfully slow to play

Zolee
04-06-10, 15:16
The handstand was so much better than the one we have now.
And I noticed the swan dive was a tiny bit more smooth than the new one.
It was all better...

H4RR7H
04-06-10, 22:55
There was music from Ghana in the main menu of the PS2 demo, corresponding to a Ghana backdrop with no Lara :p
Not like the pc demo; with the actual release main menu & theme - ordinary Bolivia and Lara standing there...

toxicraider
04-06-10, 23:53
Her T-shirt looks much darker when she gets out of the water in the first video.

lara_croft5
05-06-10, 17:47
at 8:23 in first video

Keely having s*x XDD

WTH was that :D

and ooh..am I hearing new lines 4 Lara??

mybe i didn't focus very well ^^;

but some animation are better than the final game!:jmp:

and the voicec like when Lara speaks..It has a umm what's the word??

Echo?

anywho..I like the demo thought I never saw it before:p

Phlip
05-06-10, 18:15
^There's only one new line, after Zip says "That was close," "Nonsense, there was bags of room." :p

tombraidergale
06-06-10, 18:00
There's "I know what you're thinking Zip, and yes, I am aware of that giant boulder" too :p

H4RR7H
06-06-10, 23:32
^ tombraidergale :tmb: Was about to say you'd missed that Phlip :p

Phlip
06-06-10, 23:56
There's "I know what you're thinking Zip, and yes, I am aware of that giant boulder" too :p

I think she does say that in the final version. You just have to stand there a bit.

ryan91
09-06-10, 09:13
handstand looks better on the demo.

tombraidergale
09-06-10, 11:00
I think she does say that in the final version. You just have to stand there a bit.

That's strange, she never said that in my game :p

Phlip
14-12-10, 00:13
That's strange, she never said that in my game :p

Actually you're right. :)

Mikky
14-12-10, 01:17
Actually you're right. :)

Wow, major bump! D:

I have the demo. I'm aware of all the differences. :p

Phlip
14-12-10, 15:33
I came across it and remembered that the line isn't in there. :p

MelikeLara
14-12-10, 18:06
Im sure the graphics are even slightly better lol

StefanJ94
14-12-10, 19:09
I really like the handstand in the Demo. Why the hell did they change it in the final version :pi:

Phlip
14-12-10, 19:21
I really like the handstand in the Demo. Why the hell did they change it in the final version :pi:

So it's like the classic version. :p Who knows, maybe there's a secret way to make her perform the first one. :mis:

StefanJ94
14-12-10, 19:26
So it's like the classic version. :p Who knows, maybe there's a secret way to make her perform the first one. :mis:
I highly doubt it....there's nothing classic in CD's TR :whi:
that aside, I'd like to know if that handstand is in PC's version of the Demo :D

Phlip
14-12-10, 19:40
I have no idea, but I actually doubt it. :vlol: :o

StefanJ94
14-12-10, 19:42
I have no idea, but I actually doubt it. :vlol: :o
Guess we'll find out soon enough than :D
[EDIT] nope, I don't think the PC demo has it....nvm then :o

NYCL@R@
14-12-10, 21:26
" That's quite sexy isn't it "
A line that she says when she puts the goggles on and puts it on RAD mode

TheRCroft
14-12-10, 22:57
" That's quite sexy isn't it "
A line that she says when she puts the goggles on and puts it on RAD mode

When did she say that?

lord gaga
14-12-10, 23:15
I just downloaded the PC demo and it's the same exact thing from the finished game!:mad: 1 hour of downloading for NOTHING!

NYCL@R@
19-12-10, 17:36
When did she say that?
Its when you put the goggles on RAD mode and you highlight a puzzle.

Phlip
19-12-10, 20:10
no she doesn't. I actually highlighted almost everything

Phlip
23-09-11, 19:09
ok, re-did the video. :) The resolution's not ****ed up and it's only in one part. :D

klona
24-09-11, 08:06
Zip : That was too close.
Lara : Nonsense, i had bags of room.
Why'd they cut out that line? :(

FreakRaider
24-09-11, 09:29

THis dialoge cames also on the ds version of the game.

Phlip
24-09-11, 12:35
God knows, since it was one of the best. :vlol:
THis dialoge cames also on the ds version of the game.

Cool, are there any extra lines?