PDA

View Full Version : women war vets dissed

Solice
15-12-09, 02:44
Story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_female_veterans_finding_a_place)

This is a really sad commentary on the state of our society.:(

Thorir
15-12-09, 03:10
I've read the article five times now and I still see no disrespect to female soldiers. Except males NOT buying females a drink. Which is sexist to begin with.
Why SHOULD females expect men to buy them drinks? SEXIST!
Women can buy their own drinks.

I do not understand the point of the article.

"Men should buy suffering female soldiers alcohol?"

This is sexist.

EmeraldFields
15-12-09, 03:11
Frailty thy name is woman.

lol jk.

Paddy
15-12-09, 03:13
To diss anyone whos a war veteran is disgusting, doesnt matter if its women or men, its pathetic either way to disrespect them.

Thorir
15-12-09, 03:25
I can't be bothered to read the article for the sixth time, but I have to admit, I saw no diserspect of either male or female soldiers.

Paddy
15-12-09, 03:27
I can't be bothered to read the article for the sixth time, but I have to admit, I saw no diserspect of either male or female soldiers.

I have a problem with the fact a big deal is made of just women being disrespected, disrespecting ANYONE man or woman is wrong.

larafan25
15-12-09, 03:37
^I don't think anyone is making a big deal about the fact it is a women, but it's just said so people know it was a women:)

Paddy
15-12-09, 03:41
^I don't think anyone is making a big deal about the fact it is a women, but it's just said so people know it was a women:)

Wasnt necessarily referring to that article :p I meant in general.

Thorir
15-12-09, 04:03
I have a problem with the fact a big deal is made of just women being disrespected, disrespecting ANYONE man or woman is wrong.

But... NONE are disrespected! That's the point in the article!...
They made it seem like women should expect something extra for being women. Free alcohol for having female genitals?! Sexist. Very sexist.

Genders are equal.
Just watch Aliens and you'll know not to mess with Sigourney Weaver. :D