PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Academy, anyone?(Book series)

Dream_Raider
15-12-09, 14:01
Anyone read this series????? It is currently my fave series...second fave sorta cuz nothing replaces harry potter.

Lol I cannot start a discussion till I get a reply :p

PS- It's not because of Twilight that I like this series(for the cynics out there)- it is soooo much better....mostly because i don't hate the main character :P :D

Aranara
15-12-09, 16:10
Nver read it...What's it about?:confused:

nightwishgirl84
15-12-09, 16:12
Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting enough :)

Though I thought Twilight (the entire series) was rather badly written, sappy and just plain crappy it somehow had me rather addicted and I read them one after the other *not a proud moment* :p

Aranara
15-12-09, 16:19
Never heard of it, but it sounds interesting enough :)

Though I thought Twilight (the entire series) was rather badly written, sappy and just plain crappy it somehow had me rather addicted and I read them one after the other *not a proud moment* :p

I think this happened to me.
I read the books so fast, waiting for a good part to appear. But I ended up saying to myself Stephenie Meyer doesn't know how to write a good book. Some of the books I read in English and it had a lot of basic grammar mistakes.

Evan C.
15-12-09, 16:24
Guys,if you like vampires,you should read Dracula first,learn a little bit from his mythology and then read another books like Vampire Chronicles from Anne Rice.New vampires stories sucks,they are really cheap and a copy from Anne Rice,like Twilight.
-Dracula
-Interview with a Vampire
-Blood and Gold
-Vittorio,the vampire
-The Sanctuary
-Lestat,the vampire.

And a movie based on a book that I didn't read,"Låt den rätte komma in" wich is yet on the teathres,are good options on the vampires world.

Then,you will know what vampires are and will notice how much the neo vampire movies has been "inspired" on those.

Aranara
15-12-09, 16:27
I only read Dracula, saw the movie, read Twilight (urgh) and planning on seeing Interview with a Vampire:D

nightwishgirl84
15-12-09, 16:28
I really love Anne Rice's books :)

AmericanAssassin
15-12-09, 18:59
I have the first book, but I've never read it. I feel like I'll be a sell out if I do. :p

Lee croft
15-12-09, 19:00
ever since watching twilight the whole vampire thing just seems an more interesting world to fall into im going to keep an eye out for vampire academy books to see if they are any good

AmericanAssassin
16-12-09, 00:59
ever since watching twilight the whole vampire thing just seems an more interesting world to fall into im going to keep an eye out for vampire academy books to see if they are any good

Really? Twilight has made vampires less appealing to me. :(

G_iz4GIR
16-12-09, 02:38
I've read all of the Vampire Academy books. Rose is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :yah:

Dream_Raider
16-12-09, 14:12
^ Yeah I know!!!!!!! Makes it sooo much better when you actually like the main character!!!

And to those of you who asked what it's about, i'm sorry I Suck at summaries(with a capital s ;)) So you could just Google it :D

nightwishgirl84
16-12-09, 16:09
Really? Twilight has made vampires less appealing to me. :(

I agree, Twilight made them look weak and boring.
Not to mention that Edward is the biggest SAP ever.
I like my vampires dangerous, mysterious and sexy but scary at the same time.

G_iz4GIR
16-12-09, 20:47
I just don't like how the Moroi are such wimps and have to be taken care of all the time. I mean for Christ's sake, they have freaking magical abilities and they can't fight their own battles?

Dream_Raider
17-12-09, 15:03
^ Lol Christian is awesome, though :)

G_iz4GIR
17-12-09, 20:55
I was so mad at Christian when he broke up with Lissa. :mad:

BlackRainbow
17-12-09, 21:10
And a movie based on a book that I didn't read,"Låt den rätte komma in" wich is yet on the teathres,are good options on the vampires world.

Ooo, this movie is brilliant! :tmb:

I read Anne Rice's books... they're awesome.

Dream_Raider
18-12-09, 12:24
I was so mad at Christian when he broke up with Lissa. :mad:

DITTO!!!!I was like, "Honestly, just get over it!!!!!! :hea: :hea: :hea:"

G_iz4GIR
18-12-09, 17:37
Men. :rolleyes: They blow up over the littlest things.

Dream_Raider
29-12-09, 12:38
LOL true.........Hey did you see the russian cover of VA?

Marianna12
29-12-09, 12:48

Same here!
I saw these books today at a bookstore, was sooo close to buying them! (And I WILL buy them!:p)

Dream_Raider
30-12-09, 15:15
^ Buy them. Read them. Love them. Discuss them.

I just sounded like an obsessed twilight fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :P

Marianna12
30-12-09, 15:32
^ Buy them. Read them. Love them. Discuss them.

I just sounded like an obsessed twilight fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :P

Lmao, ok, it's my next purchase then!:tmb:

Gregori
30-12-09, 15:33
Zombies Pwn Vampires!!!

Dream_Raider
31-12-09, 14:32
Awwwwwwww come on, don't flame this thread cuz of the vampires!!!!

Dina_Croft
19-01-10, 19:07
I started reading the first book like a week ago.I don't know why but I always picture Kyle Gallner as Christian Ozera...:cln:

Dream_Raider
23-01-10, 12:29
I dunno....I googled him, but he looks more like Mason than Christian in most pics.......There're some really awesome castings on YouTube! Whaddaya think of Ben Barnes as Dimitri?