PDA

View Full Version : know anyone that is useless with todays technology

pneboy
16-12-09, 12:08
my parents are the worse, my mum used to buy 2 of the same cd so that she could have it on her computer aswell as being able to listen to it in the car she thought when she ripped the album it took the songs from the album and rendered the cd useless so they threw it away

Jack Croft
16-12-09, 12:43
No but that has just made LOL. :p

Tony9595
16-12-09, 12:50
Some people go and take my iPod touch, then they start tapping the screen with whatever they see first, a pen, a pencil, a spoon, their nails, whatever and then they come asking me why it doesn't works! :hea:

LightningRider
16-12-09, 12:54
My Mom. It's fun helping her though. :vlol:

mau3genius
16-12-09, 13:08
my parents are the worse, my mum used to buy 2 of the same cd so that she could have it on her computer aswell as being able to listen to it in the car she thought when she ripped the album it took the songs from the album and rendered the cd useless so they threw it away

lmao :vlol:
My mum totally sucks when using Firefox, If she needs to use it and there's an open window already, she creates a new tab anyway! It's so freaking annoying. And my dad totally sucks using, well... everything lol. He's like, way too clumsy. Also, he's always complaining about how much amount of games I have on my PC (I mean, hello? It's mine, so shut it.)

ShadyCroft
16-12-09, 13:14
My mum isn't so good with computers and technology overall.

Marianna12
16-12-09, 14:10
My mum! She's improved though (Thanks God, cause I had to go and help her every 5 minutes!:vlol:)

Aranara
16-12-09, 14:14
My parents work with computers..so I don't have to help them.
But my grandma..OH MY GOD!
Well, it's kinda cute to help her:p I taught her how to check her e-mail, how to download music, how to speak with her sister via IM etc.

irjudd
16-12-09, 14:22
Half the people on this forum. Which is interesting since it takes a basic understanding of technology to even use a forum.

TRfan23
16-12-09, 14:34
My parents have improved thankfully. When I got home from school one time, my mum was complaining she couldn't get on the Internet. Yeh the modem was off lol.

Downloading stuff off the Internet is as bad as the Gary McKinnon incident, so my mum thinks lol.
My dad assumes that every computer even old ones with crap system requirements can run the latest games.

Not sure now but my parents used to assume computers can make you go blind :pi:

digitizedboy
16-12-09, 14:42
I used to know someone that used their CD rom tray as a cup holder.

Ada the Mental
16-12-09, 14:45
Just yesterday my dad asked me to fix his monitor which wasn't working. He forgot to turn it on. :D

Cochrane
16-12-09, 14:46
It's an older story, but I know a person who bought a camcorder, with Mini-DV tape or whatever it was back then, shot some video, then asked my father where he should send the tape to have it developed.

Just yesterday my dad asked me to fix his monitor which wasn't working. He forgot to turn it on. :D

Forgetting to turn something on or wondering why a printer whose USB cable turns out to be not plugged in is embarrasing, but hardly stupid. It only becomes bad when you get a response along the lines of "I didn't know I had to turn it on/plug it in/etc." :D

Drone
16-12-09, 15:40
my parents are the worse, my mum used to buy 2 of the same cd

I won't talk about the part that ripping is taking songs off cd :D But I'll say that buying the same cd twice makes sense. Ripped songs and original songs are not the same. Plus it's not bad to have 2 cds if one is screwed you still have the other one.

lara c. fan
16-12-09, 15:49
My grandparents :p

trXD
16-12-09, 15:50
It can happen to the best of us!:p

LegendLost
16-12-09, 15:53
My dad, everytime the TV is on a differant input he thinks its broken. A few times here and there...okay. But to think its broken 2-3 times a week for the past 4 months. You'd think he'd understand.

Ada the Mental
16-12-09, 15:55
Forgetting to turn something on or wondering why a printer whose USB cable turns out to be not plugged in is embarrasing, but hardly stupid. It only becomes bad when you get a response along the lines of "I didn't know I had to turn it on/plug it in/etc." :D
I never said it's stupid, just funny!
He's been working from home on his computer a lot lately. He's learning, but in the meantime he's driving my brother and me a little crazy.

Phys
16-12-09, 16:35
My past work experience supervisor used to work at a company that involved using computers in the early 90's. She told me that a new woman had been employed and was being introduced into new tasks with computers.

The boss had told the new employee to copy some of the floppy disks from the day's work. She returned 10 minutes later with photocopies of the floppy disks :vlol:

Solice
17-12-09, 05:44
My sister belongs in the 8th century. I am surprised she can use a microwave.

Reggie
17-12-09, 07:54

Funniest thing I've read in ages. :vlol:

rowanlim
17-12-09, 07:58
Half the people on this forum. Which is interesting since it takes a basic understanding of technology to even use a forum.

*bows her head in shame*

My mom is funny, she's still not familiar with using the mouse & doesn't understand how to use basic keyboard functions. It's okay coz she doesn't use the computer much.

Even the TV wages a war on her :vlol:

ThatNorskChick
17-12-09, 08:14
Occasionally my dad will put on a DVD and tell me that it keeps repeating the beginning. I have to explain to him that it's a menu and he has to press play. :vlol:

Johnnay
17-12-09, 08:18
My dad

case closed