PDA

View Full Version : New Robin Hood Movie

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-12-09, 06:37
KSqL9ygBCck

WOW! This looks incredible, I am so excited to see it next year! :jmp: And is it just me, or does the music sound kind of like NIN? :cln:

tarcairion
18-12-09, 07:16
that looks very interesisting indeed.
Ridley Scott has made some very good movies, like 'Alien', 'Bladerunner', 'Gladiator' and 'Kingdom Of Heaven' to name only a few.

Tyrannosaurus
18-12-09, 07:17
With Ridley Scott, we can count on incredible attention to atmosphere and detail, and, more than likely, a self-conscious, pathetic attempt at historical revisionism.

But it might be cool, regardless. :D

jaywalker
18-12-09, 08:52
Erm its a movie based on a legend, ie not exactly a lot of written `historically accurate` facts exist for Mr Hood. I mean things like Sherwood Forest are now believed to be not true etc

I am truly looking forward to this :) for those exact reasons you mention, the atmosphere and detail that is guaranteed with mr Scott :)

Another Lara
18-12-09, 08:57
With Ridley Scott, we can count on incredible attention to atmosphere and detail, and, more than likely, a self-conscious, pathetic attempt at historical revisionism.

But it might be cool, regardless. :D

I will quote the late Oliver Reed on one of the Making Of's of Gladiator: "We're not making a documentary"
Films are made to be enjoyed and if that means changing history for that fact, then why not! I don't remember Ridley ever coming out and saying this is an exact account of what happened! ;)

Am so much looking forward to this movie, am one of the biggest Crowe fans going due to how amazing Gladiator was, so Robin Hood for me is going to be like a second coming!!! :jmp::cln:

I Need A Map
18-12-09, 10:35
Just as long as its better than that god awful Robin hood Prince of thieves that starred Kevin Costner....
On a lighter note this was my favorite Robin Hood film:ton:
0lUjhEHlh7s

rowanlim
18-12-09, 11:34
^I liked that one :whi:

The trailer looks good! Definitely something to look out for :D

Nenya awakens
18-12-09, 12:46
Looking forward to this, I love Cate Blanchett.

Nemo_91
18-12-09, 13:16
Cate Blanchett is my favorite actress so I'm looking forward to see this. :D

Paperdoll
18-12-09, 14:04
*reads youtube comments*

At 0:39... rubber shield.... niiiiiiice.

lara c. fan
18-12-09, 17:33
KSqL9ygBCck

WOW! This looks incredible, I am so excited to see it next year! :jmp: And is it just me, or does the music sound kind of like NIN? :cln:

Well done for you for bringing this us trailer...in HD :) (people who have seen the advert for strongbow will know that little joke of mine)

ANyway, looks quite good. I may see it :)

irjudd
18-12-09, 17:36
Doesn't fit. To me Robin Hood has always been kind of lanky and slender, but Russell Crowe is kind of beefy to be playing the part.

LightningRider
18-12-09, 17:38
It just feels like another action movie, where's the story? :o

Shark_Blade
18-12-09, 18:05
It just feels like another action movie, where's the story? :oExactly. Hope the new Sherlock Holmes isn't just action, although thats what I got from the trailer vibe too. Hope it's not like that in the silver screen.

xXhayleyroxXx
18-12-09, 19:09
men in tights was the best version :ton: nevertheless i cant wait to see this x

Dustie
18-12-09, 23:23
It looks kinda weird that the same dude who was the gladiator in ancient Rome is now Robin Hood of Sherwood... I know it's a movie, but it still just feels weird to me.

Just like Bill Paxton being in Aliens, Predator, Terminator and Titanic...

Love2Raid
18-12-09, 23:24
Looks great. :D

miss.haggard
18-12-09, 23:33
Meh. My Robin Hood will forever be Cary Elwes <3

Tyrannosaurus
19-12-09, 04:09
^ Try Errol Flynn.