PDA

View Full Version : Shrek Forever After......

Croft, Lara
18-12-09, 22:32
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZ7-oTIF378&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UZ7-oTIF378&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Shrek (Mike Myers) has become a domesticated family man. Instead of scaring villagers away like he used to, the grown-reluctant ogre agrees to autograph pitch forks. Longing for the days when he felt like a "real ogre," Shrek is tricked into signing a pact with the smooth-talking dealmaker, Rumpelstiltskin. Shrek suddenly finds himself in a twisted, alternate version of Far Far Away, where ogres are hunted, Rumplestiltskin is king, Donkey (Eddie Murphy) is afraid of Shrek, Puss in Boots (Antonio Banderas) is obese and lazy, Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow) is still alive, and Shrek and Fiona (Cameron Diaz) have never met. Now, it's up to Shrek to undo all of Rumpelstiltskin's mischief in the hopes of saving his friends, restoring his world, and reclaiming his One True Love and family.

Oh yay. Another one......:hea:

peeves
18-12-09, 22:36
And there's gonna be one more afer that right? I thought dreamworks confirmed they were gonna do 5 movies.

tombraiderluka
18-12-09, 22:36
I adore Shrek movies, I hope they make more :jmp:

Croft, Lara
18-12-09, 22:37
And there's gonna be one more afer that right? I thought dreamworks confirmed they were gonna do 5 movies.

Nope. This is the last.

And I think they've scrapped the idea to give Puss in Boots his own film.

tombraiderluka
18-12-09, 22:37
Nope. This is the last.

Thank god.

MyRaider4Life
18-12-09, 22:39
That looks awesome, but why does it say "The Final Chapter" they are making a fifth.

peeves
18-12-09, 22:40
Nope. This is the last.

That looks awesome, but why does it say "The Final Chapter" they are making a fifth.

So I'm gonna be very disappointed as i read somewhere online they were originally gonna do 5 shrek movies. Did they back out on that?

TRhalloween
18-12-09, 22:40
Thank god.

+1

That's right, I plus one'd.

Jo269976
18-12-09, 22:41

My assumption would be that they've scrapped the idea for the fourth sequel.

peeves
18-12-09, 22:42
My assumption would be that they've scrapped the idea for the fourth sequel.

Why did they scrap the idea of shrek 5?

Croft, Lara
So I'm gonna be very disappointed as i read somewhere online they were originally gonna do 5 shrek movies. Did they back out on that?

I'm guessing negative fan feedback about that many sequels but they wanted to finish it off a certain way and this is what this movie is going to do.

MyRaider4Life
Shrek is an awesome movie series, I do hope they make a fifth.

peeves
18-12-09, 22:43
Shrek is an awesome movie series, I do hope they make a fifth.

well the 5th is scrapped.

Jo269976
18-12-09, 22:46
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-11-24-shrek-forever-after_N.htm

Seems to confirm the fact that it is indeed, the final chapter.

Dina_Croft
18-12-09, 22:47
Oh yay. Another one......:hea:

:smk::smk:

I love Shrek!

I'm so excited!:jmp:

Definetly gonna see it:tmb:

peeves
18-12-09, 22:48
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-11-24-shrek-forever-after_N.htm

Seems to confirm the fact that it is indeed, the final chapter.

4 ain't necessary perfect 5 is a perfect number. So how would you like it if Deathly Hallows Harry Potter was scrapped both parts? How would you feel? I know not too good you'd be very upset.

Jo269976
18-12-09, 22:50
4 ain't necessary perfect 5 is a perfect number. So how would you like it if Deathly Hallows Harry Potter was scrapped both parts? How would you feel? I know not too good you'd be very upset.

I hope you're asking that in general, because I couldn't give a flying broomstick.

lara c. fan
18-12-09, 22:51

Harry Potter is an adaptation of books. They have done it for all of them so far and are working on the Deathly Hallows. Maybe Dreamworks thought they would have enough ideas to get through 5 at the start, but then relised they couldn't.

Croft, Lara
18-12-09, 22:51

But Deathly Hallows is part of an existing series of books. That would be telling so much of a story and stopping. Shrek is a stand alone franchise and the film makers will finish the story properly.

tranniversary119
18-12-09, 22:53
Wow, that looks like a total waste of time and production money IMO. They should have stopped after the first film, like many other series.

peeves
18-12-09, 22:53
But Deathly Hallows is part of an existing series of books. That would be telling so much of a story and stopping. Shrek is a stand alone franchise and the film makers will finish the story properly.

I was just talking hypothetically but what i really meant was what if both parts were delayed to 3 years after HBP's release date that would be summer 2012? You wouldn't be happy at all.

lara c. fan
18-12-09, 22:56
I was just talking hypothetically but what i really meant was what if both parts were delayed to 3 years after HBP's release date that would be summer 2012? You wouldn't be happy at all.

It takes that long between each film usually :wve:

Cochrane
18-12-09, 22:56
I'm excited about this, because it means that there will finally be an end to it. The original Shrek was good, but then it all went downhill.

peeves
18-12-09, 23:12
It takes that long between each film usually :wve:

well there was never a 3 year gap between this potter movie and the next never.

lara c. fan
18-12-09, 23:13
well there was never a 3 year gap between this potter movie and the next never.

Close enough to

peeves
18-12-09, 23:14
Close enough to

The max was 2 years that was between OotP and HBP. And also CoS and PoA and GoF and OotP.

lara c. fan
18-12-09, 23:16
The max was 2 years that was between OotP and HBP. And also CoS and PoA and GoF and OotP.

I'm sure we can last out 1 extra year even if what you said happens

NemesisxAngelus
18-12-09, 23:16
I'm actually excited to see it even though I'm not excited about the 3D fact.

Carbonek_0051
18-12-09, 23:17
I'm excited about this, because it means that there will finally be an end to it. The original Shrek was good, but then it all went downhill.

This.

I didn't like the second one at all, the third one was better than the second but still nowhere near as good as the first.

Minty Mouth
18-12-09, 23:18
This.

I didn't like the second one at all, the third one was better than the second but still nowhere near as good as the first.

The third one was terrible!

The first was the best (and really good, at that) And the second was good too.

Carbonek_0051
18-12-09, 23:19
The third one was terrible!

The first was the best (and really good, at that) And the second was good too.

I never said the third was good, I just said better than the second.:p

Minty Mouth
18-12-09, 23:19

Aha, but I still think the second was much better than the third :D

Love2Raid
18-12-09, 23:25
Yay! The more Shrek the better. :)
I think the 3rd movie was hilarious btw.

peeves
18-12-09, 23:26
I never cared for shrek.

tombraiderluka
18-12-09, 23:27
I didn't like 2nd one that much, but the 1st and 3rd were amazing :jmp:

Wana b like Lara
18-12-09, 23:34
Lol can't wait! :D Wanna watch it :jmp:!!

mind
18-12-09, 23:37
I just hope its gonna be at least as good as shrek 1 and 2 were, because shrek 3 is sort of fail in my eyes.

Tonyrobinson
18-12-09, 23:43
Now as much as I love Shrek, the third was far from great...

I think the fourth has a very good plot. But after seeing the trailer I am doubtful :(

AmericanAssassin
18-12-09, 23:46

Ahhh! What?! The second is, by a mile, the best of the series! :yik: The fairy godmother being evil was simply genius!

G_iz4GIR
19-12-09, 02:45
I agree with AmericanAssassin. I thought Shrek 2 was the best of the movies. It has Puss in Boots in it!!! :D

peeves
19-12-09, 02:47
I agree with AmericanAssassin. I thought Shrek 2 was the best of the movies. It has Puss in Boots in it!!! :D

Shrek 3 has puss in boots in it too ya know.

G_iz4GIR
19-12-09, 02:50
Shrek 3 has puss in boots in it too ya know.

That's true. But I thought he was adorable in the 2nd one.

*Stares at Shrek with big, cute eyes.* "Come on Donkey, look at him. In his wee little boots."

peeves
19-12-09, 02:52
That's true. But I thought he was adorable in the 2nd one.

*Stares at Shrek with big, cute eyes.* "Come on Donkey, look at him. In his wee little boots."

How come he wasn't in the first film? Just how like mini me wasn't in the first austin powers movie.

G_iz4GIR
19-12-09, 02:56
How come he wasn't in the first film? Just how like mini me wasn't in the first austin powers movie.

Because people are stupid. If Puss in Boots was in Shrek, it would have been that much better. Who can't resist an adorable little kitty in boots and looks like Zorro? I know I can't.

Legend of Lara
19-12-09, 03:03
Shrek the Third was disasteriffic.

I expect this one to follow suit.

Shark_Blade
19-12-09, 04:02
I lost faith with Shrek when Shrek 3 was released. What a pile of vomit. Utter garbage.

Shrek 2 was the best (the music, the story, interesting characters, witty lines, etc) but when you milk it too much, they started to loose their touch, their sense of humor and their sense of good plot and story telling. This is evident in Shrek 3.

voltz
19-12-09, 04:21
Aside from Puss, I didn't care for either of the sequels. Shrek da turd proved that the idea was already drawn out. However this could work as the restart the franchise needed. Keep the past sequels as a footnote and maybe this has the chance of bringing back what made it entertaining again.

rowanlim
19-12-09, 04:24
I hope this one will be better than the 3rd film, that one was pretty horrendous for me :whi:

ajrich17901
19-12-09, 09:54
I like Shrek but I stopped caring about the films after part 2, Hated the third, and I'm sure this will be even worse... -_-

tonyme
19-12-09, 10:15
I like Shrek but I stopped caring about the films after part 2, Hated the third, and I'm sure this will be even worse... -_-

This!

The first one was amazing but then they just spoiled it. This happens with most movies, sequels spoil it, so I just forget about them, I only consider the first one and that what happens after it isn't said

Aranara
19-12-09, 10:22
The first one was amazing but then they just spoiled it. This happens with most movies, sequels spoil it, so I just forget about them, I only consider the first one and that what happens after it isn't said
But Harry Potter was pretty good! although 4 seemed kinda crappy to me.

ajrich17901
19-12-09, 10:25

There the same as shrek in my eyes, the first and second were good, why'll the rest weren't so good, or just lacked something.

LightningRider
19-12-09, 10:27
It looks good.

One thing I always note though: If you have a Good First Film Idea, then make a sequel that has no relations to the first aside from the idea. Retcons suck so do a New Universe. :p

tonyme
19-12-09, 11:07

Harry Potter 1 and 2 are perfect. The rest is pure crap compared to the books, and it just doesn't work

McGloomy
19-12-09, 11:14
I didn't like Shrek 3 at all. It's a shame because the first two movies were perfect. :o

30seconds2sasa
19-12-09, 11:40
well can't wait to see it:D

msalpha2omega
19-12-09, 11:59
SHREK 4!!!!!! YAY!! :yah: :jmp:

Apofiss
19-12-09, 12:07
Ahh, 4th will do with some beer and snacks ;D

I didn't like Shrek 3 at all. It's a shame because the first two movies were perfect. :o

+1

Lara Fan 4Life
19-12-09, 12:21
Harry Potter 1 and 2 are perfect. The rest is pure crap compared to the books, and it just doesn't work

To me, 1 and 2 have to be the most boring out of all the HP movies! Same goes for the 1st and 2nd books. I've only read them once, unlike the 3rd up to 7th books, which I've read numerous times and still read over them before an upcoming HP movies! :jmp:

remote91
19-12-09, 12:22
The 3rd was unwatchable

TR FAN 18
19-12-09, 12:25
SHREK 4? YES, YES, YES!! :jmp:

I loved 1-3 so I'm looking forward to this! :D

igonge
19-12-09, 12:36
I saw the trailer when I saw Avatar yesterday. Doesn't look very good IMO.

dizzydoil
19-12-09, 12:37
It's Sherk. I can't not love it... I do hate them, but I'll go see it... yeah :whi:... I make perfect sense!

TombRaiderCool
19-12-09, 12:44
It looks good, but then that's a different story from if it is actually good! :p I'll probably watch it anyway though, there is a chance it could be really good.

I did think the first 2 films were great but the 3rd was rubbish, so hopefully this one will be as good, if not better than the first 2 films.

ajrich17901
19-12-09, 12:46

:tmb: