PDA

View Full Version : Spiderwebs in Ghana on the PS2

Jove
19-12-09, 00:26
In the nick styger's now defunct thread

"The wife and I....."
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=162173&page=2

xXhayleyroxXx asked "is there scorpians in the ps2 version (directed at other ps2 users) - i cant remember"

Phlip responded "Yeah, I'm a PS2 player. There are scorpions which Lara looks at but no spider webs."

I know I've seen lots of spiderwebs in both Bolivia and Peru on my PS2. So I had to fire up the game to check Ghana, too.

The spiderwebs are obvious in Ghana as well, once I looked for them. Some of the scorpions have them, some don't. (That may explain why I didn't notice a lot of the wall scorpions, though.) The webs aren't as large and regular as the screenshots in that thread, but they're definitely present in the PS2 version.

They spiderwebs in the initial hall may be getting lost in the vines growing high on the walls and ceiling. There are also insects flying around, light streaming in, and mist on the floor a little later.

In Bolivia the spiderwebs in some of the wall cavities can actually be seen moving back and forth as the cave "breathes."

In Peru the spiderwebs wrapped around the structures stretch as they open up in cutscenes.

I use component cables, and wide screen and progressive scan modes on an HDTV. There's a lot more detail. More detail than I thought the PS2 was capable of.

It's not as good as nick styger's screenshots, but it's not a night and day difference, either.

Phlip
19-12-09, 02:00
Well there are smaller spider webs. I don't get the point?

Spong
19-12-09, 02:08
I think Jove's saying that you were wrong in your original statement in that other thread Phlip.

As to the actual point of this thread; *shrugs*

Phlip
19-12-09, 02:12
Well they're definitely much more obvious in Next Gen. Just smaller and less noticeable in Last Gen.

larafan25
19-12-09, 02:16
well then there we go, someone is wrong, someone is right and it apparently matters.....:)

peeves
19-12-09, 02:51
Well there are only 3 screenshots that i don't see spider webs in the 1st 4th and 8th.

Jove
19-12-09, 21:44
I think Jove's saying that you were wrong in your original statement in that other thread Phlip.

As to the actual point of this thread; *shrugs*

The conclusion from my initial post is the actual point of the thread.

"I use component cables, and wide screen and progressive scan modes on an HDTV. There's a lot more detail. More detail than I thought the PS2 was capable of. It's not as good as nick styger's screenshots, but it's not a night and day difference, either."

The quotes from the other thread were just the springboard for this one.

EDIT: Just last night I noticed that in the Goth and Goth, Lace Shirt costumes Lara has a lip piercing. Lower lip, and it's an actual projection from her skin, not just a mark.