PDA

View Full Version : Funny Expressions and Words of Wisdom

BlackRainbow
19-12-09, 16:22
All languages really do have their own weird and sometimes funny expressions and words of wisdom. What expressions/wow (lol) do you consider bizarre/amusing? Share!

"Christ on Friday", "When in doubt, run in circles and shout", "Lord, thunder and Jesus".

CroftGameGirl
19-12-09, 16:23
Just something funny :D If people are offended I can take it off right away, just say :)

'I'm a vegetarian but I'd eat your meat.'

Sorry, but :vlol:

Cool thread idea, btw :tmb:

irjudd
19-12-09, 16:35
Really any expression involving Christ or Jesus annoy me (sweet Jesus!). Not because I'm offended, but because it makes me think you must be an idiot. Obviously this can't apply to the thread starter because I like her.

BlackRainbow
19-12-09, 16:46
Just something funny :D If people are offended I can take it off right away, just say :)

'I'm a vegetarian but I'd eat your meat.'

Sorry, but :vlol:

Cool thread idea, btw :tmb:
Lmao. :vlol: Thanks! :)

Really any expression involving Christ or Jesus annoy me (sweet Jesus!). Not because I'm offended, but because it makes me think you must be an idiot. Obviously this can't apply to the thread starter because I like her.
Why thank you. :D Expressions involving Christ/Jesus sounds darn funny/retarded sometimes, though. :p

Aranara
19-12-09, 16:50
There's an expression in Romanian which is literally translated as "The Horse's Easter" (Pastele cailor). This means that a thing will never happen.
ex.: This will never happen, not even in the Horse's Easter.
:vlol:

Your_Envy*
19-12-09, 20:30
Break a leg. LULZ. :rolleyes:

snork
19-12-09, 20:51
What is the meaning of "Christ on Friday" ?

I once stumbled over russian "glup kak probka" =~ (as) dumb as (a) cork. loled a lot about it.

I like the german way "Dumm wie Brot" = (as) dumb as (a) bread. :D
You can also use "Suppe"="soup" instead of "bread".

BlackRainbow
19-12-09, 20:58
What is the meaning of "Christ on Friday" ?

I once stumbled over russian "glup kak probka" =~ (as) dumb as (a) cork. loled a lot about it.

I like the german way "Dumm wie Brot" = (as) dumb as (a) bread. :D
You can also use "Suppe"="soup" instead of "bread".
Well, he died on the Friday so it probably referres to something bad. :D
Haha, good ones! :tmb: