PDA

View Full Version : Ironman goes... Anime?!

Catapharact
20-12-09, 01:56
Its hard to deny the the artistic richness and ambiance of Manga based animations and storylines but... I kinda prefer Marvel as Marvel and DC as DC. Batman: Gotham Knight was a disaster... So I don't know why Marvel decided to give the venture a go...

To be honest, the prospectsn aren't looking rosy for this project... Especially after you watch the teaser.

The teaser:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_ej7ZlS2oQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h_ej7ZlS2oQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Ryu-Gi
20-12-09, 03:14
Already seen that trailer awhile back, and I actually think it looks cool.

On a side note, much like Otaku in other countries, there is actually a very small community in Japan that have a love of American Superhero comics. It's kinda interesting to see a parallel between us and Japan there.

Ward Dragon
20-12-09, 03:51
I used to love the cartoon when I was little :D

First season intro:

4EgdKjZNu1k

Second season intro:

0xyDyDfOlHc

So I guess it's possible an anime version wouldn't be too terrible either. At least the anime trailer looked fairly decent in terms of artistic style and frames per second (unlike something such as Pokemon :p)

Dina_Croft
20-12-09, 09:24
Oh please tell me that Tony Stark is a hot Anime Guy who looks like a woman:vlol:

lara croft TR
20-12-09, 11:53
they were made in japan... so thay HAD to be anime...
yes, i am a marvel fan but i think that it looks much better as anime...

Antonio
20-12-09, 12:39
I like to watch Anime and teaser looks cool.:D

Capt. Murphy
20-12-09, 12:57
Uh, well... (FYI) They already did this with Wolverine. :o

I'd post the video, but I don't wanna hijack the topic.

Eddie Haskell
20-12-09, 13:59
Pathetic. As a person who was really into Iron Man (and who has some of the mid-60's comic book editions that I will never part with), I find this stuff garbage.

Love2Raid
20-12-09, 14:39
I used to love the cartoon when I was little :D

First season intro:

4EgdKjZNu1k

The memories! T_T :hug:

Anyway, I think it looks great. :tmb:

Capt. Murphy
20-12-09, 14:48
Some of you are implying this is lame? :confused:

I must be totally out of touch with the main stream media & pop culture to not know what rocks or not. :o

And this... This I believe rocks. I mean, it could be worse. Right?

Catapharact
20-12-09, 14:52
Some of you are implying this is lame? :confused:

I must be totally out of touch with the main stream media & pop culture to not know what rocks or not. :o

Nah! Its the usual fan banter; People kinda like the nostalgic feeling of some of Marvel's shows and would like the main villians and the story to reflect that. You mentioned that the Japanime-fied Wolverine (don't mind it one bit if you post the vid.) They did that with Batman as well with a collection of short anime series entitled "Gotham Knight." The result was... Predictable; The short anime flicks didn't catch on with the mainstream DC fanbase.

Mona Sax
20-12-09, 14:52
The animation looks very cheap, like every other frame is missing. I think I'll go with Downey, Jr.

Capt. Murphy
20-12-09, 14:55
Ah. I see. It's a 'purist' thing. Well, if you're going to attract a new audience - might as well update things and keep them fresh. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLYjywXyyDI

(I forget how you embed vids on here >:-P )

Edit: I've seen this a while back and all the negative comments on this.

Catapharact
20-12-09, 14:56
The animation looks very cheap, like every other frame is missing. I think I'll go with Downey, Jr.

That man was born to play Stark.

"I have just privatized world peace."

Stop treading on my dreams Stark!

Eddie Haskell
20-12-09, 15:04
That man was born to play Stark.

"I have just privatized world peace."

Stop treading on my dreams Stark!

And as a 'traditionalist" in reference to this and most things, I found the movie to be a rare exception to the rule. It was actually quite good, and did not tread on or diminish the past. And Downey was a great choice for Stark, I agree.

Hazel
20-12-09, 15:35
So I don't know why Marvel decided to give the venture a go...

Aww man…. Ironman and Wolverine anime shows are such a bad idea. Disastrous! Anime Wolverine got Twighlighted and Ironman just looks lame.

Wolverine looks bloody awful! :mad::mad: Why even bother calling the character Wolverine? There's just nothing about the character design that indicates its wolverine aside for the claws. Not even the colour scheme or hairstyle.

Since when did Wolverine have a long mullet hairdo? :confused: I know he's had a lot of costumes but a pansy long hair style? I don't think so!
Logan's late-1950’s “Duck Tail” hair style and mutton chop sideburns are classic, and along with his claws make him instantly recognisable ….but in this anime version they’ve made him look like an extra from Final Fantasy VIII crossed with a vampire.:(

Wolverine is supposed to be a gruff, tough, rebellious, and a hairy but good looking Canadian not some creepy vampire with long pansy hair. He’s been a major presence in Marvel Comics for what…? A good 35 years now… and I don’t think this anime will do him any justice or stay true to his origins and I don't think Marvel or DC fanbases will appreciate these anime reinventions. I know I won't!:mad:

Ward Dragon
20-12-09, 16:51

Ah, I see what you mean with the frames. I assumed that was just Youtube being Youtube :o Videos usually look a little rough on Youtube if there's a lot of fast-paced action going on.

Wolverine looks bloody awful! :mad::mad: Why even bother calling the character Wolverine? There's just nothing about the character design that indicates its wolverine aside for the claws. Not even the colour scheme or hairstyle.

Whoa, I just watched the trailer and I definitely would not have known that was Wolverine, even with the claws :eek: I would have assumed it was just a rip-off copycat or something.

Jedd Fletcher
21-12-09, 04:37
Batman got the anime treatment too with Batman: Gotham Knight, an animated anthology of stories that served as a prequel to The Dark Knight. Many were skeptical at first, but it ended up working spectacularly. Could work for Iron Man too.

Catapharact
21-12-09, 04:40
Many were skeptical at first, but it ended up working spectacularly. Could work for Iron Man too.

Ah, no it didn't. It worked perfectly collaboration wise, but sales wise? Not even a blip on the radar screen. I have been using this series as the prime example of a huge hiccup possibility for Marvel. They are risking big on this venture.