PDA

View Full Version : Cycling/Walking :)

xXhayleyroxXx
22-12-09, 21:23
Does anyone here really enjoy cycling/walking? In my opinion its the best way of keeping fit :ton: I've never been one for sports, but excercising this way can be simple of taxing - depending on what you want :p

My latest - Kielder lakeside - 26 miles roughly http://www.bikemagic.com/news/images/Kielder-Bike-Launch02.jpg

http://www.enjoy-fly-fishing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/kielder-fly-fishing.jpg

My next walk (in the snow :cln:):
http://houghtonanddistrictramblers.co.uk/images/0034.jpg

it goes through a forest so its very pretty - i usually see deers and squirrels :ton: and kingfishers in the summer - its at riding mill where i live x

so anyone else keep these as hobbies? xxx

Love2Raid
22-12-09, 21:53
Here in Holland there are more bikes than people. :vlol:
So yeah, I usually walk or take the bike if I go anywhere. If it's too far I take a bus or train. (don't have a car :/)
It's great, because it keeps you fit and it's good for the environment as well. :D

It's not my hobby though.

Minty Mouth
22-12-09, 21:54
I walk at least an hour every day getting to/from college, so I guess I had better like walking.

I don't like cycling though, the roads are a scary place for someone without any driving skill.

Phys
22-12-09, 21:57
I used to cycle to college everyday and back. Took about 15 mins. It was about 2 miles a day. Kept me pretty fit I suppose but lately I haven't been doing it as its too cold :(

digitizedboy
22-12-09, 22:01
I like cycling, but some **** stole my bike a few months back and I haven't had the chance to purchase another bicycle yet. I liked cycling on the canal towpaths the most.
As for walking, maybe I should walk a bit more than I should. Every time I go out now, I use public transport. :|

Rai
22-12-09, 22:03
I never have learnt how to ride a bicycle. I do enjoy a good walk through the local woods though with my dog. I also enjoy taking a bus to the beach to walk along the cliff top. I don't do so half as much as I should though especially in winter, the weather puts me off.

tombraiderluka
22-12-09, 22:04
I like cycling, but some **** stole my bike a few months back and I haven't had the chance to purchase another bicycle yet. I liked cycling on the canal towpaths the most.
As for walking, maybe I should walk a bit more than I should. Every time I go out now, I use public transport. :|
The second, I hop on my bike 20 dogs come after me, so I enjoy walking instead :p

marla_biggs
22-12-09, 22:05
I haven't cycled in years lol. Walking is ok tho

xXhayleyroxXx
22-12-09, 22:13
when the warm weather is back you better all get on a bike hehe :cln:

MiCkiZ88
22-12-09, 23:23
I love walking and cycling, especially in the forests and small parks here. I use car for longer distances, but most of the time we either walk to stores etc, or cycle to work or school.

TRfan23
22-12-09, 23:52
I love walking and cycling :) Depending on my mood.

I only cycle round my garden in Spring/Summer, yes it's quite big. Walk to college to/from (if my dad can't pick me up) takes about 30 mins.

If I go on holiday anywhere, I prefer to walk around then drive around, or that just spoils it.

Hyper_Crazy
22-12-09, 23:56
I love going on walks, especially at night, just helps to clear my mind. :)

rowanlim
23-12-09, 04:19
I used to take walks when at uni, but that's seldom :(

The badminton courts are done, so next sem I'm planning to play badminton every weekend :D

HappyShannon
24-12-09, 00:11
Sometimes, if the weathers good I'll walk home from school.
Or I have to get somewhere and there's no one home to drop me off.

I used to cycle, but when I was 11 I was hit by a car on the way home from school (it was my fault, I just cycled into the road without properly looking and got what I deserved 'cause I traumatised the poor man :().
I don't really use my bike now. If I ever have to go somewhere, I walk or get a lift. :)

ZapTheLadyBird
24-12-09, 00:11
Love it...
Weather dependant...
But usually if I'm by myself with music... Other people ruin it otherwise...

elizard_9594
24-12-09, 00:19
I go running/Walking way more often than i ride my bike anymore.