pekirock
22-12-09, 23:55
woahh that was like one... one of those heroic moments in history:pi::whi:

xXhayleyroxXx
22-12-09, 23:59
thats great :p id do it x

Ada the Mental
22-12-09, 23:59
She didn't even think twice! :eek: A true badass.

TRhalloween
23-12-09, 00:05
Imma go with my bad self.

What the hell was he doing? That was pretty heroic for her though :)

Minty Mouth
23-12-09, 00:05

What the hell was he doing? That was pretty heroic for her though :)

I think it was a suicide attempt.

irjudd
23-12-09, 00:06
Ok thanks.

January_Snow*
Thats a hero, you go girl! :tmb: :tmb: :tmb:

Mad Tony

What the hell was he doing? That was pretty heroic for her though :)Committing suicide I think. I don't agree with suicide as it is, but doing it in a public place is just stupid, not to mention it puts lives at risk. Kudos to this woman for showing no fear and jumping down and saving him. I probably wouldn't have the guts to do that under most circumstances, let alone for some idiot who jumped off willingly.

larafan25
23-12-09, 00:10
^agreeing with suicide, that is very intelligent of you.

wooohoooo go girl!!!

WOMEN POWA!

if the video quality of youtube was better it would show how much of a close save that was...

dammnn it would hurt to get hit by a subway train...:p

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 00:12
^agreeing with suicide, that is very intelligent of you.Can you not read? :confused:

Committing suicide I think. I don't agree with suicide as it is, but doing it in a public place is just stupid, not to mention it puts lives at risk. Kudos to this woman for showing no fear and jumping down and saving him. I probably wouldn't have the guts to do that under most circumstances, let alone for some idiot who jumped off willingly.

larafan25
23-12-09, 00:14
Can you not read? :confused:

thats my point, suicide is not something you choose to agree with or to not agree with. It takes severe depression or mental issues to go through with that...unless your a suicide bomber, but then there is still something foggy in your brain.

just because you don't think you would do it, you may not have been under the circumstances to feel such an emotion.

scion05
23-12-09, 00:24
Unless you're in a position to contemplate suicide, I don't really think anyone is in a position to judge it.

I hate the fact that it can be a very selfish act, yet for some people there is no other way out.

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 00:24
thats my point, suicide is not something you choose to agree with or to not agree with. It takes severe depression or mental issues to go through with that...unless your a suicide bomber, but then there is still something foggy in your brain.

just because you don't think you would do it, you may not have been under the circumstances to feel such an emotion.Ok, but why did you say agreeing with suicide when I didn't?

But anyway, I still stand by what I said. I don't agree with suicide. Feel free to criticize me for it if you want, but this isn't really the thread for it.

marla_biggs
23-12-09, 00:25
Wow that was close, kudos to girlfriend x

Carbonek_0051
23-12-09, 00:27
Unless you're in a position to contemplate suicide, I don't really think anyone is in a position to judge it.

I hate the fact that it can be a very selfish act, yet for some people there is no other way out.

Well said.

scion05
23-12-09, 00:30
Oh, I'd just like to clarify that I'm not suicidal, I'm just making my point LOL.

Paddy
23-12-09, 00:30

I agree, whilst it is a very selfish act to commit, for some like my cousin years ago, he felt there was no way out either.
Its something I agree shouldnt be judged either, it takes being in a very very mentally depressed state to contemplate, when you know someone is contemplating it, drastic action should be taken to prevent it.
Ill admit once I did have the thought of suicide in my mind, someone managed to talk some sense into me though, I dont mean it loosely either I did get so depressed upto a point where once I felt it was my option. ****ing glad I got talked out of that thinking.

Carbonek_0051
23-12-09, 00:31
Oh, I'd just like to clarify that I'm not suicidal, I'm just making my point LOL.

Lmao, don't worry. I didn't think you were, and what you said doesn't make you look like you are.:p

larafan25
23-12-09, 00:35

I have to agree, and this is well written.

To me it sounded like MadTony was saying that suicide is a choice, I know it sounds crazy for me to say it isn't, because in some situations it is. However it's the same idea of acting under the influence of a drug, you are under the influence of severe emotions, and generally that emotion is depression.

Suicide cannot be judged but certain situations can be.

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 00:37
I have to agree, and this is well written.

To me it sounded like MadTony was saying that suicide is a choice, I know it sounds crazy for me to say it isn't, because in some situations it is. However it's the same idea of acting under the influence of a drug, you are under the influence of severe emotions, and generally that emotion is depression.

Suicide cannot be judged but certain situations can be.Well technically it is, but whatever.

scion05
23-12-09, 00:39
I just don't understand how you can't see it from this perspective... seems harsh to me.

larafan25
23-12-09, 00:42
I just don't understand how you can't see it from this perspective... seems harsh to me.

I think with this we can rest on your fact that we cannot truly judge it untill we have experienced it. right now in my current state of mind, I could commit suicide or I couldn't, I am not depressed but I have a choice to kill myself, as anyone does. However when you are under the influence of severe depression then it doesn't seem like a choice and it is generally not you at your best making the desision, but your emotions.

Rai
23-12-09, 00:43
I don't get the thread title? :confused:

That is an amazing thing that woman did. I guess if it was a suicide attempt, then the man may not have seen it as that and be grateful considering his mental health at the time. Maybe with time, and help, he will see it though.

Paddy
23-12-09, 00:43
I think with this we can rest on your fact that we cannot truly judge it untill we have experienced it. right now in my current state of mind, I could commit suicide or I couldn't, I am not depressed but I have a choice to kill myself, as anyone does. However when you are under the influence of severe depression then it doesn't seem like a choice and it is generally not you at your best making the desision, but your emotions.

Exactly right.

TRhalloween
23-12-09, 00:45
Well technically it is, but whatever.

You can't just disagree with suicide :confused:
I'm sure one wouldn't consider suicide to be within the question until they were pushed over the edge.

TRfan23
23-12-09, 00:46
I hope they didn't catch the third rail, considering we never saw what happened after. As that one's electrified :(

Though that was a very well done rescue :tmb:

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 00:48
You can't just disagree with suicide :confused:I just did.

Now are people gonna stop flaming me for this? If you absolutely have to, do it via PM instead of going off topic.

TRhalloween
23-12-09, 00:50
I just did.

Now are people gonna stop flaming me for this? If you absolutely have to, do it via PM instead of going off topic.

Your point is very flawed.
And it's not off topic. The video contained a guy trying to commit suicide.

M.A.
23-12-09, 00:56
I don't know. I don't see a suicide attempt. I see a drunk man standing too close to the edge of the platform and falling at the wrong time.. I dunno.

Pretty brave of the woman tho. The train was so close! :(

tranniversary119
23-12-09, 01:21
Whoa, I'm surprised she had the guts to go down there and save him! I'm not so sure I would have, but kudos to her!

Wana b like Lara
23-12-09, 01:52
Wow! I know i wouldn't have the courage to step down and pull someone off the tracks when i know theres a train comin ,,, :eek:

tomblover
23-12-09, 02:34
Did the people died?

But srs though, I didn't see, what happened to them when the train came? :eek:

I'd have crapped my panties if I saw that happen. And the dream of me going to save someone like that will remain a dream. O_O

trlestew
23-12-09, 03:15
Woah! :eek: That was great what she did :tmb:
It was like a few seconds before the train would come, but that woman just jumped down there and saved him. Without even knowing the person!

I probaly wouldn't had done that, I always feared falling on the tracks or going on the tracks for some reason :(

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-12-09, 04:28
Dang, now that's what I call a WOMAN! Woop! :yah:

scion05
23-12-09, 11:22
Your new idol Melonie ? :D

patriots88888
23-12-09, 11:40
It was all staged for the Youtubers like just about everything else is these days.

LightningRider
23-12-09, 11:45
Well, she sure has some moves going on there. :p

tombraiderluka
23-12-09, 11:48
That's really brave of her, if this is legit :tmb:

Greenkey2
23-12-09, 11:58
It's curious, but if she had died trying to save him the general opinion might well have been, "wow, how stupid can you get for jumping after someone without thinking?"

Perhaps it's the way we define miracles. If a person is saved by a chain of events, it's a miracle. But if a person dies because of a chain of bad events, it's a tragedy. And yes, I am seeing it from Pratchett's POV :p

I agree she was very couragous, but without knowing if there was an electrified rail there or not, there may easily have been two victims instead of one. It's a golden rule in an emergency/first aid situation - when trying to save someone, make sure you're safe to start with, otherwise you'll just create more problems.

scoopy_loopy
23-12-09, 12:01
Holy ****! That was intense!

Johnnay
23-12-09, 12:02
he was probably drunk

end of story

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 12:25
Your point is very flawed.How?

Just because we don't agree on this doesn't make my point "flawed".

digitizedboy
23-12-09, 12:30
he was probably drunk

end of story

I agree, someone who was suicidal wouldn't pick a moment where there was a platform full of people around. Take my word for it.

Intense video though btw, it's like looking at a real life movie. :o

Survival
23-12-09, 12:50
Itīs obvious he was drunk... he could barely walk at the start of the video. KUDOS to the woman though.

jackles
23-12-09, 15:09
Or he could have been ill...or have parkinsons...or slipped on the ice.....

If he jumped then he was obviously desperate and deserves our sympathy and hope that he got help. The woman deserves an award.

lara c. fan
23-12-09, 15:11
:eek:
That was close!

TRhalloween
23-12-09, 15:15
How?

Just because we don't agree on this doesn't make my point "flawed".

No because I'm trying to get you to explain your point but you're acting stubborn.

irjudd
23-12-09, 15:18
No because I'm trying to get you to explain your point but you're acting stubborn.
Why do you care?

TRhalloween
23-12-09, 15:23
Why do you care?

Because this is a place for debating and discussion.

irjudd
23-12-09, 15:32
I can see between your lines to know the real answer.

jackles
23-12-09, 15:58
I can see between your lines to know the real answer.

*admires judds psychic powers*

I wonder how many of us would do the same as that woman.....

lara c. fan
23-12-09, 15:59

If I felt brave...

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 16:22
No because I'm trying to get you to explain your point but you're acting stubborn.No I'm not, I just thought it would've been off topic.

I did say that if anyone absolutely has to harass me about this could they please do it by PM. However, nobody has taken this to PM as of yet.

Capt. Murphy
23-12-09, 16:54
Here's what I think is going on (in this back and forth mini debate we got going on here). ;)

I think you can disagree with suicide as an option of how to deal with your life's problems, but you can't know how strong of an urge it is to take that route until you've reached a certain and very very low point - emotion wise yourself.

I've always thought that suicide was wrong, but I have gotten so depressed and sad about where I was in my life... That I did contemplate it. Yet, I knew that if I did do it it would make those that I love suffer.... And I wouldn't suggest anyone do it, but their life is in their hands.

Okay. Back on topic. This reminds me of the drunk girl that fell into the path of a subway train - that happened a month or 2 back. Nobody jumped in to help her, but the people standing by did flag the train down to stop just in the NICK of time.

That looked like it was in Japan.... perhaps. :pi:

Good for her for acting so quickly.

Lara Croft!
23-12-09, 16:59
She thought quickly and acted even quicker. Not many people would have done that.

michaeldt
23-12-09, 17:46
I wonder how it feels to save some-ones life like that....

Mad Tony
23-12-09, 17:52
I wonder how it feels to save some-ones life like that....Depends what the guy did afterwards. If he went off and successfully committed suicide, I'd be pretty ****ed off.

remote91
24-12-09, 01:16

I would like to say me, but no, whenever I panic I just end up frozen in the moment and over think everything

Paddy
24-12-09, 01:20
I would like to say me, but no, whenever I panic I just end up frozen in the moment and over think everything

I do the same at times but sometimes at crucial moments you dont have time to think and just act fast.
This lady had seconds to react, didnt think about it, she just did it.

lararoxs
24-12-09, 02:19
Depends what the guy did afterwards. If he went off and successfully committed suicide, I'd be pretty ****ed off.

You'd probably never know what happened afterwards. At least you could say that it's better than seeing someone fall/throw themselves in front of a train before your very eyes. I mean, she must have been looking at the very moment he slipped/ jumped.
Anyway, that's what I think, but I agree, if you did hear that he'd gone and done something like that you would be more than a bit annoyed, I think it's a natural instinct to be disappointed in yourself to know you couldn't have done anything more to help after previously saving their life once!

Well done to her though, she looked like she knew what she was doing and managed to get him and herself out of the way sharpish before the train got to them. It's strange to think that she was the only one that saw him vanish off the platform at that precise moment and the only one out of the group of people to do anything.

Really does make you think, eh?

larasbestm8
24-12-09, 03:09
That's a helluva fast reaction!

Shark_Blade
24-12-09, 03:54
Damn that girl is badass. :yah: Not even a second to think, down she goes to save him from death.

I think that man fainted, could be a suicide, or he might accidentally slipped.

voltz
24-12-09, 03:58
Certainly a hollywood moment.