PDA

View Full Version : wow! my teacher loves tomb raider!

Laras shadow
23-12-09, 13:47
i was so amazed i was in class bored as per adn my super cool teacher randomly hit out with "do you want to watch tomb raider?" i sat there with my jaw dropped! so for the full 2 hours we just sat there talking about all the games :jmp:

so miss Miller if your on this you rock :ton:

lara c. fan
23-12-09, 13:49
i was so amazed i was in class bored as per adn my super cool teacher randomly hit out with "do you want to watch tomb raider?" i sat there with my jaw dropped! so for the full 2 hours we just sat there talking about all the games :jmp:

:vlol:

LightningRider
23-12-09, 13:50
That's awesome. :D

Anyone else got similar stories? Maybe we could make this a real thread. :)

TRfan23
23-12-09, 13:51
Lucky. Most people I know think TR sucks.

Though myself lately is preferring COD, which I confess lol.

Reggie
23-12-09, 13:53
Me and my Comms lecturer like loads of similar things. We're basically friends. :D

Keir_Eidos
23-12-09, 13:54
Haha, that's awesome and Miss Miller obviously rocks.

Marianna12
23-12-09, 14:00
That's awesome!!!:D

I got 2 of my friends into Tomb Raider. One just finished AOD, and the other is stuck on the very first level of TRU:vlol:

Minty Mouth
23-12-09, 14:04
That's awesome!!!:D

I got 2 of my friends into Tomb Raider. One just finished Underworld, and the other is stuck on the very first level of TRU:vlol:

Do you really hate your friends that much?

lara c. fan
23-12-09, 14:07

*slap round the face* (at you Jake)

Don't start this argument in here :ohn:

LightningRider
23-12-09, 14:08

Oh C'mon, not everyone thought it was bad. :tea:

Marianna12
23-12-09, 14:10

I made a mistake in my post, edited.
And yes, she loves TRU, just like I do too:p

Minty Mouth
23-12-09, 14:23
*slap round the face* (at you Jake)

Don't start this argument in here :ohn:

*runs away*

Los Angeles
23-12-09, 14:25
Almost every guy I know hates Tomb Raider...

It's too gay for them... :rolleyes:

lara c. fan
23-12-09, 14:25
*runs away*

victory!

LightningRider
23-12-09, 14:28
victory!

*High 5*

:jmp:

Love2Raid
23-12-09, 14:31
Cool! :cool:

Los Angeles
23-12-09, 14:32
Nice. :o

jackles
23-12-09, 14:55
Hmmm well all the kids I teach are really lucky because they have a teacher who loves tomb raider....she doesn't tell them though because she wouldn't want them to turn up here.

and lets make this a discussion in some shape or form because I really wouldn't want to have to close it or delete threads which are just ':)'

scoopy_loopy
23-12-09, 14:56
My highschool geography teacher liked the series too. He even bought a silver jeep, alike the one in the second film and never missed an oppertunity to tell us all about it...

tomblover
23-12-09, 15:02
Well, one of my teachers liked TR as well. (I made some fanfic for some writing thing, and she was like :eek: and yeah.) She had only played 1 and 2 though. :vlol:

Love2Raid
23-12-09, 15:02
and lets make this a discussion in some shape or form because I really wouldn't want to have to close it or delete threads which are just ':)'

Yeah! :D

Okay, to Lara's Shadow: If you found out she was a member here (so she could read your posts), what would you do? :o

Eddie Haskell
23-12-09, 15:04
I know that my men knew that I played games on my laptop. Most thought that I played military sims (which I do), but I was busted on several occasions playing Tomb Raider (along with other games). Wisely most said nothing, but I do know that it was a source of much amusement behind my back. One soldier however told me that Tomb Raider was his favorite game, and I allowed him to play TR III on my machine.

Lara's Nemesis
23-12-09, 15:05
A teacher with taste. :eek:

My Dad still plays Tomb Raider regularly. He has played all the clasics numerous times, he is in his 60's. :D

_Tomb_Raider
23-12-09, 15:09
Amazing! :D

ShadyCroft
23-12-09, 15:10
Woooot!!! You go Miss. Miller !!! :D and some of you here have awesome dads and teachers !

sadly, none of my family likes the game, and everyone I know around me hates the game and thinks its "gay". :(

Meh! Whatever ! Their loss. :ton:

xXhayleyroxXx
23-12-09, 15:14
wow miss miller rocks :ton: xx

VictorXD
23-12-09, 15:30
I wish I had a cool teacher like Miss. Miller.
But I had a teacher that she knew Tomb Raider and she liked the drawing I did of Lara on my book:) She was awesome!:D

Phlip
23-12-09, 15:45
That's so cool!!!! :D My old Biology teacher was a proper Lara Croft wannabe. When she was doing an experiment and she tied her hair in a ponytail (of all styles,) someone said she looked like Lara croft. :D Apparently she gets that a lot, even thought she looks more like Angie.

Dark Lugia 2
23-12-09, 16:45
My History teacher's favorite game is tomb raider (in his 50's) :D but I've never spoken to him about it

TRULuverzz
23-12-09, 16:47

my own tutor played the first tomb raider game and told me he gave up cuz he ran out of ammo's lol :vlol:

Lara Croft!
23-12-09, 16:50
My students are always amazed and fascinated when they find out that " Miss Lora", is into the same videogames as they are. Always makes me smile...

ShadyCroft
23-12-09, 17:27
My students are always amazed and fascinated when they find out that " Miss Lora", is into the same videogames as they are. Always makes me smile...

My, my, I think I'm liking Miss. Lora !!! :cln: just kidding ! :hug:

:p good thing Panos isn't here hehe !

michaeldt
23-12-09, 17:35
I think my Science teacher likes TR, he's mentioned her once or twice to show an example of something and at the end of the year, he bought in movies and we voted on which one to watch, there was Tomb Raider 1 and 2, the little mermaid and something else, we ended up watching the first TR :D

AmericanAssassin
23-12-09, 17:52
Almost every guy I know hates Tomb Raider... It's too gay for them... :rolleyes:

Something I'll never understand. An intentionally sexy woman fighting off mythical beast and such. How is that "gay"? :p

Minimus
23-12-09, 17:54
That's awesome. :D

Anyone else got similar stories? Maybe we could make this a real thread. :)

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=154466

:)

Los Angeles
23-12-09, 18:33
Something I'll never understand. An intentionally sexy woman fighting off mythical beast and such. How is that "gay"? :p

That's what I also don't get, but it seems that most of the male players play Halo and COD and stuff like that... lol xD

Ikas90
23-12-09, 19:40
What's Tomb Raider? :confused:

Nerd For Life
23-12-09, 19:41
What's Tomb Raider? :confused:

Ur mum!

elizard_9594
24-12-09, 01:01
Got My best friend into Tomb Raider. I talked about it so much, she finally had to give it a try, so i loaned her my copy of legend. (Dad's abducted all other than Leggend, Anniv, and underworld) and she got hooked.

My dad still plays it too, hes played it since the game came out, and hes in his mid-40's now.

And my current boyfriend, whom i plan on marrying, (he's just too perfect for me! yayz!) and i were talking bout things while i surfed the web at my ouse on my laptop, and i was like 'ohmygod!' and hes all 'what" and i went on about something someone at trf had said, and he all "TRF?" im like "YEAH< tombraiderforums." and he's like, "You like Tomb Raider?!" i thought it was gonna be another one of thos 'TR is GAY!" things like with my past bfs and he's all "I Thought i was the only person left on the face of this earth that was in love with tomb Raider." Oh that was love for me...:D

TheBloodRed
24-12-09, 01:05
Back in 5th Grade when Last Revelation was out, I learned my teacher watched her husband play all of the games. She even talked with me about the TR4 ending and how it cannot be the end because it is such a good franchise. :P

Wana b like Lara
24-12-09, 01:05
That's SO COOL!! :jmp:

PoseidonsDeath
24-12-09, 01:41
That's awesome! You go Miss. Miller! My bro loves TR and is an active member of TRF. Though I know no other Tomb fans.

Shark_Blade
24-12-09, 04:09
Miss Miller rocks!

I got my little nephew playing TRL and he really like it. He thought the classics were hard. It figures. :pi: TRL = Made by babies for babies.

On a cheery note, I have a few friends who enjoyed the classics and the new ones as well. :D

Rachel Croft
24-12-09, 04:21
Doesn't have much to do with the subject, but that reminds me of my history teacher who's last name is "Croft." Pretty cool, lol

LightningRider
24-12-09, 05:45
Ur mum!

She rocks. 'Nuff said.

And my current boyfriend, whom i plan on marrying, (he's just too perfect for me! yayz!) and i were talking bout things while i surfed the web at my ouse on my laptop, and i was like 'ohmygod!' and hes all 'what" and i went on about something someone at trf had said, and he all "TRF?" im like "YEAH< tombraiderforums." and he's like, "You like Tomb Raider?!" i thought it was gonna be another one of thos 'TR is GAY!" things like with my past bfs and he's all "I Thought i was the only person left on the face of this earth that was in love with tomb Raider." Oh that was love for me...:D

Dawww, that's sweet. :hug:

Shark_Blade
24-12-09, 06:34
^Agree. That's a lovely story. :hug:

Aranara
24-12-09, 08:06
None of my teachers like TR. Reatarded school.
:(
But at least I got my sister to play AoD :p

Lara Croft!
24-12-09, 18:06
My, my, I think I'm liking Miss. Lora !!! :cln: just kidding ! :hug:

:p good thing Panos isn't here hehe !

Lol! It's a good thing nothing like that has happened so far. I'm very friendly with my students but I never wear provocative clothes and my behavior inside the class, doesn't leave room for any of the young boys to even joke about it. I like to think myself as "Cool Miss Lora" who likes the same music, films and videogames like us. :D

Dina_Croft
24-12-09, 18:21
miss Miller if your on this you rock :ton:

Cool!:tmb:She indeed rocks:D

I once had something like that but It was about rock music.One Girl asked my math teacher what kind of music she liked and she said rock music.I was like omg you do?

LOL :vlol:

Lara Croft!
24-12-09, 18:29
I remember some months ago, I had a class with Intermediate level students (14-16 years old). Two boys were talking about a videogame, can't remember now which one. They were whispering while I was writing on the board thinking I couldn't hear a thing (how is having my back turned to them will suddenly make me deaf, is one of the big fails on the part of all students, lol). So while I was writing I made a comment about the game that showed that I have indeed played it. When I turned around their faces were full of shock and awe. :D

Dina_Croft
24-12-09, 18:43
I remember some months ago, I had a class with Intermediate level students (14-16 years old). Two boys were talking about a videogame, can't remember now which one. They were whispering while I was writing on the board thinking I couldn't hear a thing (how is having my back turned to them will suddenly make me deaf, is one of the big fails on the part of all students, lol). So while I was writing I made a comment about the game that showed that I have indeed played it. When I turned around their faces were full of shock and awe. :D

Ha!

Teacher 1
Students talking about a videogame 0

:p

ShadyCroft
24-12-09, 19:02
Lol! It's a good thing nothing like that has happened so far. I'm very friendly with my students but I never wear provocative clothes and my behavior inside the class, doesn't leave room for any of the young boys to even joke about it. I like to think myself as "Cool Miss Lora" who likes the same music, films and videogames like us.

Those are usually my kind of teachers, the ones who really feel like close like friends but you still have a teacher's respect toward them, and not the "I'm your teacher, you're a student. I'm your master and you're a slave. Period" ones.
You can't imagine what good help teachers you have good relations with could give you.

I remember some months ago, I had a class with Intermediate level students (14-16 years old). Two boys were talking about a videogame, can't remember now which one. They were whispering while I was writing on the board thinking I couldn't hear a thing (how is having my back turned to them will suddenly make me deaf, is one of the big fails on the part of all students, lol). So while I was writing I made a comment about the game that showed that I have indeed played it. When I turned around their faces were full of shock and awe.

:D

Lara Croft!
24-12-09, 19:04
I know, parents love me because their kids do as well. I wonder if I will ever get to an age that I will lose touch with the young learners and what that age will be.

ShadyCroft
24-12-09, 19:08
I hope you don't get to that and you'd never lose touch with the young learners.
I do believe one of the reasons of the small conflicts in some families is the gap between the parents and kids. The parents have grown so much they no longer feel the importance of some of whats important for the kids (which I'm pretty sure was important too when the parents were young), they lost touch and feel of it.

Lara Croft!
24-12-09, 19:24
Even if you are a good parent or teacher and understand their worries and needs the gap is still inevitable. I don't think that I will keep up with the videogames trends for example in ten years from now. Maybe the gap in the music will grow wider, too.

Alex Shepherd
24-12-09, 19:27
Well I am gonna be a teacher... Meeting a student who love Tomb Raider :D

Raider Man

jackles
24-12-09, 19:31
Even if you are a good parent or teacher and understand their worries and needs the gap is still inevitable. I don't think that I will keep up with the videogames trends for example in ten years from now. Maybe the gap in the music will grow wider, too.

Thats not always the case. I still have my finger firmly on the pulse of things! :D (actually knowing who is currently wrestling/playing football/twilight are all good things to keep up with)

Besides we do this joke not to be liked but to educate...;)

Lara Croft!
24-12-09, 19:35
Thats not always the case. I still have my finger firmly on the pulse of things! :D

Besides we do this joke not to be liked but to educate...;)

Do you believe that you keep up with all ages easily? Cartoons, movies, trends? When I teach junior classes, I rarely know half of the new cartoons they are watching. And I was a huge fan of tv cartoons up to junior high.

Of course the main purpose is to educate (believe me there are a lot of occassions that my students hate me, lol), but I want to be "likeable" it's easier for the class and myself.

jackles
24-12-09, 19:46
Yeah actually I think I do keep on trend. Being here, having a son, and other family members help, talking to the kids all help. Musically it is easy with primary. More diverse at secondary level. If you have children you will find that it helps no end.

And what I said is a typical teacher statement. ;) I am popular but take no prisoners.

toughraid3r37
24-12-09, 21:16
I hope i can meet someone some day who loves tomb raider as much as i do (where i live of course no offense everyone :D).
That would be great. But i do just love the fact that pretty much everyone knows what tomb raider is and who lara is :D. Like when i was drawing lara in art class last year and RJ walked by and saw it and said "cool, lara croft ftw".. :D :D.

Laras shadow
24-12-09, 22:18
Yeah! :D

Okay, to Lara's Shadow: If you found out she was a member here (so she could read your posts), what would you do? :o

i would actully die of embarassment then add her as a friend :D:D