PDA

View Full Version : All your opinions.

PoseidonsDeath
24-12-09, 02:12
I mean all of them. From how gameplay should be to lighting all the way to ammo and how much there should be. Let it all out at once. Sorry if you have to close this mods...

silver_wolf
24-12-09, 02:13
I'm gonna assume this is about the new TR. If so, it should be in the Future Games thread. And it would probably be closed anyways, since there's already a "Suggestions" thread for that.

TheBloodRed
24-12-09, 02:17
I like the whole discovery aspects of a game and having the ability to build up characters or statistics. I like realistic lighting, where large amount of pastel colors are just silly(though they look nice, check any of GMac's levels made in NGLE).

Now for TR specifically, I like a good storyline with vast areas. Lots of dummy rooms to expand what is actually a small level and voice to amplify the fact that these are actual beings.

The leaked info about TR9 seems perfect to what I want, open ended gameplay, building stats(by discovery and gaining of new items thus new abilities).

It is hard to explain what I like in a game but I love RPGs for the building up factor. As you discover more, your character gets better. Love it!

(AoD did it all wrong because all of the building up is linear and not really about to be gained whenever you please)

PoseidonsDeath
24-12-09, 02:22
I'm gonna assume this is about the new TR. If so, it should be in the Future Games thread. And it would probably be closed anyways, since there's already a "Suggestions" thread for that.

It's for any game. Not just TR has gameplay, lighting, and ammo. Btw, those aren't the only things you can post about...

Spong
24-12-09, 02:43
I'm sick of the trend nowadays whereby every protagonist in every game regenerates their energy over time. Are games players these days such a bunch of lightweights that they feel the need to cower away and hide every time the edge of the screen fills with red? Been shot to bits? Don't worry, you can hide in this nook for a few moments until you're all better, just like in real life.

The people who like that feature and popularised it should be ashamed of themselves. You removed yet another layer challenge.

TheBloodRed
24-12-09, 02:44
^DITTO!!

I hate Halo's regenerative health, though they give good reason. CoD4's regenerative health is kinda lackadaisical and really unlikeable.

larafan25
24-12-09, 03:09
something tells me that this thread will be poseidon's Death:p

anywho, it varries depending on the game:D

PoseidonsDeath
24-12-09, 03:18
something tells me that this thread will be poseidon's Death:p

anywho, it varries depending on the game:D

What makes you say that?

TheBloodRed
24-12-09, 03:19
It was a punny joke! :D

I like characters with character, games that have that are NICEE!!

patriots88888
24-12-09, 07:26
I'm sick of the trend nowadays whereby every protagonist in every game regenerates their energy over time. Are games players these days such a bunch of lightweights that they feel the need to cower away and hide every time the edge of the screen fills with red? Been shot to bits? Don't worry, you can hide in this nook for a few moments until you're all better, just like in real life.

The people who like that feature and popularised it should be ashamed of themselves. You removed yet another layer challenge.

They better, considering that the antagonists nowadays never seem to really die as well. They keep returning in future games.

All joking aside, some true originality never hurts and would be a refreshing change of pace!