PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Wireless Connection Issues

tombofwinston
25-12-09, 10:21
So, last night I went out and bought a new PS3 Slim.
This morining I wanted to set every thing up, I tried setting up the wireless internet but every time I try to It just says, a connection could not be established, I tried putting in my Ip, But Exactly the same message.
My PSP works perfect with the router.
Any help appriciated :) .

EscondeR
25-12-09, 10:23
Check security settings of PS3 and the router (WEP/WPA). They must match.
Ensure you have DNS forwarding enabled on the router.

tombofwinston
25-12-09, 10:45
Oh, I just turned off security options and it connected, This is only temporary as I don't want strangers hooking off my internet.
At least we've narrowed it down.

EscondeR
25-12-09, 14:23
Oh, I just turned off security options and it connected, This is only temporary as I don't want strangers hooking off my internet.
At least we've narrowed it down.

Not good decission, better configure security scheme accordingly on both devices.

TRfan23
25-12-09, 14:34
I recommend setting it up as WEP, WPA has been known (even with personal experience with PS3) to have compatibility issues for some machines ;)
As Alex said, don't turn the security settings off.

You can change it on your router's site possibly http://192.168.0.1 if it's your default gateway. If you don't know go to start - run and type cmd.exe. In that type ipconfig. Should tell you what it is on there :tmb:

Lee croft
25-12-09, 14:41
If your wireless is net gear that might be why them wireless net gear routers are so poo my sister had to change our internet and thats how im online

tombofwinston
25-12-09, 23:18
I had to change the encrption to WEP, but atleast it works. Thank you all for your help.