PDA

View Full Version : Another thwarted terrorist attempt

voltz
26-12-09, 15:23
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091226/ap_on_re_us/us_airliner_attack

ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) An attempted terrorist attack on a Christmas Day flight began with a pop and a puff of smoke sending passengers scrambling to subdue a Nigerian man who claimed to be acting on orders from al-Qaida to blow up the airliner, officials and travelers said.

Just in case this turns into another argument over us having no business in Iraq/Afghanistan, this is the primary reason we're fighting the war to begin with.

Mad Tony
26-12-09, 17:07
These scum attacked us back in 2005 to try and get us out of Iraq. The last thing America should do is give in to their demands and pull out of Afghanistan. This attack will only strengthen the coalition's mission in Afghanistan. This is a reminder of what we are fighting against.

What troubles me though is that this student was residing in the UK, just like the 7/7 bombers. This country is a haven for Islamic extremists and terrorist organizations compared to countries like the US. We are not tough enough on terrorism.

jackles
26-12-09, 18:19
Hmmm weird. I will find another link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8430872.stm

try this one.

ultima espio
26-12-09, 18:43
You put two Http's in there Jackles, the link leads to http://"http//news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8430699.stm instead:p

T-Sex
26-12-09, 18:43
Wow, he was gonna make a plane crash into a city? ON CHRISTMAS DAY?

That would have been a bit of a dick move.

voltz
26-12-09, 18:47
3rd degree burns from a failed explosive... well that's karma for ya.

Catapharact
26-12-09, 18:54
Hmmm weird. I will find another link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8430872.stm

try this one.

Thankyou Jackie for the link :). Maybe the alarm blazing morons need to read this aspect of the report before pointing fingers:

It added: "It must be stressed that the university has no evidence that this is the same person currently being referred to in the media."

Meanwhile, Nigerian banker Alhaji Umaru Mutallab has said his 23-year-old son may be the man connected with the failed incident.

Goose
27-12-09, 22:00
Thankyou Jackie for the link :). Maybe the alarm blazing morons need to read this aspect of the report before pointing fingers:

Its most certainly him, his pictures all over the place now, was educated in Togo, then went to Yemen first off, which is pretty much like the pakistan border region these days. His father even came to a US embassy saying that his son was liable to do something like this, but obviously the info links broke down here.

When a dad calls his son a terrorist, you know its not going to end well.

TheBloodRed
27-12-09, 22:02
It seems like a really big scam.

A scam to justify the war etc. I hate this kind of thing... <_<

Goose
27-12-09, 22:05

A scam to justify the war etc. I hate this kind of thing... <_<

I guess they paid him to do it aswell right? Lol.

Catapharact
27-12-09, 22:18
Its most certainly him, his pictures all over the place now, was educated in Togo, then went to Yemen first off, which is pretty much like the pakistan border region these days. His father even came to a US embassy saying that his son was liable to do something like this, but obviously the info links broke down here.

When a dad calls his son a terrorist, you know its not going to end well.

Yeah I read the reports.

I am really disheartened that intelligence agencies these days do not take reports given by credible Muslim sources seriously... Which is quite unfortunate since a key Al-Qaieda suspect was arrested in Pakistan by authorities after a Muslim group in the U.S. decided to give vital information about his conduct and location onto the U.S. and Pakistani authorities.

All this talk of Muslims not co-operating with intelligence agencies and authorities is so bull! Two Al-Qaidea suspects were arrested because of Muslim intervention.

TheBloodRed
27-12-09, 22:20
Mr Geass Avatar(love it), wouldn't you think that they bypassed the intel on purpose to get some good PR for the war? ;)

Mad Tony
27-12-09, 22:27

A scam to justify the war etc. I hate this kind of thing... <_<That's just a load of crap. :rolleyes: I'll tell you what I hate - when people come out and call any kind of terrorist attack/attempt a government hoax, without any kind of proof.

It is however unfortunate that the US authorities who got this warning from the terrorist's father didn't take it seriously. I'm pretty sure they will in future.

TheBloodRed
27-12-09, 22:29
Hey Mad Tony, I love your George W. Bush avatar! :jmp:

Catapharact
27-12-09, 22:30
Mr Geass Avatar(love it), wouldn't you think that they bypassed the intel on purpose to get some good PR for the war? ;)

Thanks ;).

And if that is the case then I have to say that they need better PR reps. If you want to portray the war as a success, you have to show the fact that NATO isn't alone in this fight. Terrorism is a problem that has plauged East and the West alike and inorder to defeat the support of a terror organization like Al-Qaidea which relies greatly on anti-west propaganda, you need to show that peaceful people of the same faith do not agree with their extremist ideology.

So suppresing the source of the intel is a very stupid move.

voltz
27-12-09, 22:30
pffft! Like they ever take real homeland security seriously. They couldn't even keep un-invited guests from entering the white house.

Goose
27-12-09, 22:33

Not at all, we know it doesnt work, people in the USA can barely located the middle east on a map, a propaganda event like this is for Jason Bourne movies where the viewers have quite a high IQ.

If your ever unlucky enough to visit the sorts of places these people originate from, in pakistan or Yemen and other parts of Africa or asia, you'll start to understand why this can happen when they get in amongst westerners and western society. Its isolation on his part, and a clash of values and societies on ours.

voltz
28-12-09, 20:30
as predicted, Al-Qaida are stupid enough to call it out...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airliner_attack

The thing that they pointed out was that the materials being liquid are never really traceable by scanning equipment and just think that if you know science and physics, there's certain chemicals that DO NOT react well too each other and... you get the picture. Much of this tech goes into military arms for bombs, missiles, nukes etc. Why not just take out all the hard stuff and run it thru a plastic zip-lock back under you knickers and create some crazy cock-tail mix in the bathroom while we're at 4000ft?

Homeland security better start getting their act together.

Goose
29-12-09, 09:56
Homeland security better start getting their act together.

Seems like our guys are: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2785733.ece

Got there eyes on some more. I think people would be surprised if they kept track of all the failed terror attacks we've had, especially in the uk this last decade.

voltz
29-12-09, 12:25
Having a watch list is really helpful in keeping certain people out, but the real problem getting around this is who doesn't get themselves on any list to begin with, which is mostly the one's who have always been known to be rather decent.

Muslim groups like this obviously don't honor their bombers and take full advantage of those looking for a way out. We need to start a moral campaign to the public which works in countering this so more people are aware they're just being used to further some terrorist group's agenda.

my headliner...

"AL-QAIDA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!"

Goose
29-12-09, 14:04
Muslim groups like this obviously don't honor their bombers and take full advantage of those looking for a way out. We need to start a moral campaign to the public which works in countering this so more people are aware they're just being used to further some terrorist group's agenda.

my headliner...

"AL-QAIDA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!"

Its up to african countries to do the work, not us. Thats where alot of Al qaede's backing is right now.