PDA

View Full Version : Karate Kid remake....... thoughts?

voltz
26-12-09, 18:36
Will Smith's kid gets a push with this being his celeberty vehical and Jackie Chan takes over the role as "Mr. Miyagi" who was made iconic by the late Pat Morita.

Honestly, this film can burn. I'm not even going to bother seeing this. If they would have considered a different name for the title and all the characters this may have had a chance of being worthwhile, but the original is classic in a sense that trying to modernize it would only be an act we can call nothing short of a disgrace.

Tina Croft
26-12-09, 18:40
i heard about that remake movie of Karate Kid, and i can't wait to watch it! :jmp: i didn't know that Jackie Chan stars in it:eek: that makes it even more worth watching imo;)

what depends the name, i think they should at least add something to it, and not just call it "Karate Kid" again...

Mystery-King
26-12-09, 18:42
i heard about that remake movie of Karate Kid, and i can't wait to watch it! :jmp: i didn't know that Jackie Chan stars in it:eek: that makes it even more worth watching imo;)

what depends the name, i think they should at least add something to it, and not just call it "Karate Kid" again...

Yeah, Like Karate Kid: The Legacy or something!

irjudd
26-12-09, 18:44
Don't care. It's not like I would plan to see it in theaters or rent it.

miss.haggard
26-12-09, 18:53
Lame cannot be remade into awesome, it is remade into lamer.

Jedd Fletcher
26-12-09, 23:15
It looks pretty good from what I've seen. Jaden Smith is very talented and has more than what it takes to step out of his famous father's shadow. Jackie Chan is also perfect for the mentor role and will bring his own thing to it, instead of copying off the unimitable Pat Morita.

touchthesky
26-12-09, 23:24
LOL, ya'll can't be serious?

It looks like....a....great...pile...of...FAIL.

Wtf....KUNG FU is TOTALLY KARATE? like kk? Yes.

Phys
26-12-09, 23:34
Bah lame.

aktrekker
27-12-09, 00:00
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't do it :(

Love2Raid
27-12-09, 00:01
They can do whatever they want, I would probably even watch it because I like Chan. :)

But this wasn´t necessary, at all. :o

Encore
27-12-09, 00:27
Well, I really like the original movie. Some classic scenes (absolutely adore the ending) and Mr. Miyagi was just iconic, as has been mentioned. I don't really understand what can be improved with a remake, perhaps there will be more fight scenes, since it's with Jackie Chan? (mind you, I like him, at least on his real martial arts movies).

Whatever their goal is, I think it will not be a successful remake unless it's REALLY good, because there's way too many people right now who grew up with the original, and will not be happy.

But personally I'll watch it just to form an opinion.

MangelinaJolie
27-12-09, 00:28
As someone who grew up with the original, I have to say.. no. :mad:

digitizedboy
27-12-09, 00:41
I can actually imagine Jackie Chan saying "Wax on, Wax off" lol

But yeah, seems a crappy idea to bring out a remake of this.

LightningRider
27-12-09, 03:31
It's not even a Remake, a re imagining. Just the basic plot, but everything else is utterly changed. At least they had the right enough idea to do that. I'll see it of course. :)

Mystery-King
27-12-09, 10:00
It's not even a Remake, a re imagining. Just the basic plot, but everything else is utterly changed. At least they had the right enough idea to do that. I'll see it of course. :)

But still. The original film came out in 1984 thats not even 30 years ago. They really should put a minimum date on films before they're allowed to be remade, like 75 years. And plus, how do they expect to make a classic even better? ;)

LightningRider
27-12-09, 12:55
They're not trying to make it better, they're trying to revive a franchise because they're out of ideas. Once again, good enough idea to re imagine it than do a whole remake and make it look like a piece of crap.

Besides, I watched all the old movies myself, though I forgot why I put that. Oh well... :o

Jedd Fletcher
04-01-10, 08:02
My cousin, who is studying film in China, got to visit the set and met Jaden and Jada-Pinkett Smith! She was supposed to meet Jackie Chan, but he wasn't there. I can understand the negativity because of what a classic this is, but I'd love to give the remake a chance as I like both Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan.