PDA

View Full Version : My parents won't let me go to New Years Party!!

Hermina94
26-12-09, 18:58
edited

miss.haggard
26-12-09, 18:59
Depending on how old you are, Id say your parents are making the right choice. Spend the evening with them, do something at home, you have plenty of years to go out to "clubs."

Catracoth
26-12-09, 19:00
This is just common sense speaking, but don't you think you should inform them of your means of transport before asking how to convince them? Lack of transport seems to be the main clause for not being able to go, other than your parents not letting you go for safety purposes. If it were me, I'd just stick to their word--no is no.

tombraiderluka
26-12-09, 19:01
Your parents are right, try convincing your friends to stay at home. You know how parties are here for New Years everyone's gonna be drunk and they're gonna play ****ty music ;)

jackles
26-12-09, 19:01
And you are how old?

Because as it stands at the moment I agree with your parents! There is plenty of time for going out when you are older and while it might sound like the end of the world now, it really isn't. If you cannot guarantee how you will get back safely then any loving parent will say no.

Hermina94
26-12-09, 19:02
Well...I'm fifteen :(
I guess your right,but I just feel so sad..

Drone
26-12-09, 19:02
World isn't going to explode if you stay home. Wish I had problems like that

miss.haggard
26-12-09, 19:03

Be happy, I wasnt aloud to stay out past 8 until I was 18 :)

tombraiderluka
26-12-09, 19:04
I'd never go on a party where there's serbian turbo folk music *shivers*

Hermina94
26-12-09, 19:05

me neither xD
I'm going only because of the people there :)

Los Angeles
26-12-09, 19:05
Oh my...
Stay home and watch some movies...

jackles
26-12-09, 19:06
Really when people go and start drinking it is not safe for a young woman out there without a good crowd of friends to protect each other. Seriously better to have to stay in than risk your safety....and how would your parents feel if anything happened to you? I mean they are stressy because they worry aout you. Wait a few years and you will be going out every new years.

30seconds2sasa
26-12-09, 19:07
Depending on how old you are, Id say your parents are making the right choice. Spend the evening with them, do something at home, you have plenty of years to go out to "clubs."

yes i agree with u...i don't think that's a good idea to go to an other town alone....your parents are right u should stay home or go out somewhere close to your home u can have fun where ever u are if u want....

Hermina94
26-12-09, 19:09
yeah,I know that staying home would be the best to do...
And that my parents only care for my safety...

But..maybe if I leave earlier?

Catracoth
26-12-09, 19:09
World isn't going to explode if you stay home. Wish I had problems like that

I know right? I wish my problems were as simple as not being able to go to a party.

But..maybe if I leave earlier?

Is there really a point of going to a New Year's party if you leave before midnight?

Hermina94
26-12-09, 19:11
I know right? I wish my problems were as simple as not being able to go to a party.

Is there really a point of going to a New Year's party if you leave before midnight?

no,I meant 2 or 3 AM?

I wasn't intending to stay there all night..

tombraiderluka
26-12-09, 19:13
no,I meant 2 or 3 AM?

I wasn't intending to stay there all night..
Well either stay all the way, or don't go at all.

bedraider
26-12-09, 19:13
ask if you can have some friends in your neighbourhood at your house im pretty sure you parents would agree to that you won't leave the house oh and them not letting you go is a sign of how much they love you :D

Draco
26-12-09, 19:15
Your parents are right, as much as it sucks to hear it.

Hermina94
26-12-09, 19:16
ask if you can have some friends in your neighbourhood at your house im pretty sure you parents would agree to that you won't leave the house oh and them not letting you go is a sign of how much they love you :D

that's the problem.There isn't anyone!
My other friends are all traveling that day or going elsewhere.

jackles
26-12-09, 19:20
Then stay home. come online and hang out with those of us who aren't going anywhere. ;) I bet you have mates online who are not going out.

Changeling
26-12-09, 19:36
I agree with your parents, and this is coming from a 16 year old. My parents are pretty alright at this sort of thing, I mean they let me go to London for three days on my own. But for a party, by yourself, with no plans for how to get there and back, to a club probably filled with people you don't know at only 15 years of age? Forget it. When I was in London I met up with friends during the day and made sure I didn't wander around on my own at night and got back to my hotel at a reasonable hour. My parents probably wouldn't let me do this either. It's a shame that your friend had to cancel on you, but these things happen. There are plenty of more parties you can head to in the future, regardless of whether it's New Year's Eve or not. :)

Hermina94
26-12-09, 20:07
I agree with your parents, and this is coming from a 16 year old. My parents are pretty alright at this sort of thing, I mean they let me go to London for three days on my own. But for a party, by yourself, with no plans for how to get there and back, to a club probably filled with people you don't know at only 15 years of age? Forget it. When I was in London I met up with friends during the day and made sure I didn't wander around on my own at night and got back to my hotel at a reasonable hour. My parents probably wouldn't let me do this either. It's a shame that your friend had to cancel on you, but these things happen. There are plenty of more parties you can head to in the future, regardless of whether it's New Year's Eve or not. :)

I know what you mean and I'm thinking about it...
I don't want to be the kid that's all alone with her parents.My sister that's 2 years younger is sleeping over at her friends.And one of the main reasons I want to go to the party is because my crush will be there too...yeah,I know it's a stupid reason,but I can't help myself...I kinda feel left out.:(
Anyway,I appreciate the advice.

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 20:10

*cough*Glavobolja od vinaaaa a nigde aspirinaaaaa sinoc bila sam sa tobom pijana..*cough*

Sorry, I just had to. :mis:

Anyway, since I was around 14, I was always spending New Year's eve at my best friends house (she lives around 5 minutes away if you walk really slowly :p) and I went out last year but it wasn't so good. I just love being at some place so I can go to bed whenever I want, eat whatever I want, make jokes, be without makeup and just have fun with my best friend. I will do that this year too. :) And I wouldn't mind to spend it with my family too, even though I am 19. :) So maybe this is the best way, try to enjoy it as much as you can. :)

Hermina94
26-12-09, 20:13
*cough*Glavobolja od vinaaaa a nigde aspirinaaaaa sinoc bila sam sa tobom pijana..*cough*

Anyway, since I was around 14, I was always spending New Year's eve at my best friends house (she lives around 5 minutes away if you walk really slowly :p) and I went out last year but it wasn't so good. I just love being at some place so I can go to bed whenever I want, eat whatever I want, make jokes, be without makeup and just have fun with my best friend. I will do that this year too. :) And I wouldn't mind to spend it with my family too, even though I am 19. :) So maybe this is the best way, try to enjoy it as much as you can. :)

Don't sing that xDD

I spent last year with my best friend :)
We had a sleepover party and it was really awesome :D
It wasn't planned as a sleepover,cause my dad didn't let me at first...-.-
But then I called him and yeah,he let me.:D

Before,I always spent New Years with my family.I was never celebrating at clubs...so,I kinda want to try it now.

Lara Fan 4Life
26-12-09, 20:15
Being at home with your parents might sound lame, but it's not that big of a deal! I've had to stay home a few times with my parents as they wouldn't let me go out to some disco, while all my friends were going. Turned out that my friends couldn't get in as the placed was crowded! :p

You might be bored, might feel left out, but there's other parties/clubs you can go to! Not the end of the world, and your only 15, so you have'll have many other opportunities.

ultima espio
26-12-09, 20:28
Just be thankful that you had an opportunity, some of us don't get one:(

But yeah just be happy that you at least got an offer to go somewhere, and have happy night in:D

Ada the Mental
26-12-09, 20:32
And here's another thing: You mentioned that those friends are new. Do you feel comfortable enough around them? Are you into dancing and partying? Going to a club for the first time without good company is a guaranteed sucky time.

If you really want to go clubbing choose a place closer to you, with convenient transport and go with your close friends.

January_Snow*
26-12-09, 20:47
O_o zasto prave toliki problem oko toga, to je najnormalnija stvar na svetu, imas 16 godina naravno da neces da sedis kuci za Novu, porazgovaraj sa njima i objasni im da ti vise nemas 6 godina i da znas da se brines o sebi, i da nema potrebe da budu posesivni, osim toga za povratak kuci uvek mozes da uzmes taxi, ili da sacekas prvi jutarnji... Drzim ti palceve =)))))))))

moodydog
26-12-09, 20:52
Be happy, I wasnt aloud to stay out past 8 until I was 18 :)

to hermina
watch a movie, or spend new years with your family or parents, :) dont feel sad, you will have more new years to come. Or just think bout it this way... your 16 next year, and if you live in the UK then you are at an age where you are mature enough to seek mental and physical advice and doctors apointments without the aid of your parents, therefore if that is true (which it is) you should be mature enogh to be aloud to go to parites without the concent of your folks, just be safe.

At miss haggard, i feel sad for you :(

Bumio
26-12-09, 20:52
don't worry if you won't gonna go, staying at home with your family is also nice way to celebrate. or maybe you got some friends where you live? you could all meet and go somewhere, or watch movies together or so.

but i know how badly you wanna go, trying new things is always awesome. im sure you'll get many opportunities like this once you're a bit older :tmb:

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 21:18
Don't sing that xDD

I spent last year with my best friend :)
We had a sleepover party and it was really awesome :D
It wasn't planned as a sleepover,cause my dad didn't let me at first...-.-
But then I called him and yeah,he let me.:D

Before,I always spent New Years with my family.I was never celebrating at clubs...so,I kinda want to try it now.

Muahahaha! :mis: Na podu posteljina... :p

I am glad you had a great time last year. :) I know you want to try it, but you know, like Bumio said, you'll get many opportunities when you will get older and I also think you will appreciate all the New Years you spend with your family. :)

O_o zasto prave toliki problem oko toga, to je najnormalnija stvar na svetu, imas 16 godina naravno da neces da sedis kuci za Novu, porazgovaraj sa njima i objasni im da ti vise nemas 6 godina i da znas da se brines o sebi, i da nema potrebe da budu posesivni, osim toga za povratak kuci uvek mozes da uzmes taxi, ili da sacekas prvi jutarnji... Drzim ti palceve =)))))))))

I think we need "Tomb Raider Forums in Serbian" in International Tomb Raider Forums. :whi: (Yes, I iz serious. :ohn:).

Minty Mouth
26-12-09, 21:27
You can probably have more fun on your own anyway.

Carbonek_0051
26-12-09, 21:27
You can probably have more fun on your own anyway.

+1

Simochka
26-12-09, 21:47
''a fight could break out''

That's so typically parents to say.
Ignore them and go anyway. Maybe not a good tip but it will make you feel better. This is not about your parents its about you:)

Minty Mouth
26-12-09, 21:48

Ignore them and go anyway. Maybe not a good tip but it will make you feel better. This is not about your parents its about you:)

Have you ever heard of respect?

Carbonek_0051
26-12-09, 21:49

Worst advice ever? Why would you teach a kid to disrespect their parents wishes?

Hermina94
26-12-09, 21:53
Muahahaha! :mis: Na podu posteljina... :p

I am glad you had a great time last year. :) I know you want to try it, but you know, like Bumio said, you'll get many opportunities when you will get older and I also think you will appreciate all the New Years you spend with your family. :)

I think we need "Tomb Raider Forums in Serbian" in International Tomb Raider Forums. :whi: (Yes, I iz serious. :ohn:).

hahaha :vlol:
I totally agree about that ^^ :D:D:D
Yeah,I seriously don't know what to do.
xD

Simochka
26-12-09, 21:54
Worst advice ever? Why would you teach a kid to disrespect their parents wishes?

Because most parents are overprotecting and think they knows what's best for their children. But wanna know something? THEY DON'T

Have you ever heard of respect?

Why have respect for someone who thinks they knows best when they only make them self feel better and not their children?

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 21:54

They CARE about her, if they wouldn't, they would say that she can go and do whatever she wants. And she probably respects them, so she won't just ignore them.

And it's not just about her, they love her, and if anything would happen to her they would have to live with that forever.

Draco
26-12-09, 21:55

I'm actually surprised certain other members aren't coming into this thread to say the same things.

Because most parents are overprotecting and think they knows what's best for their children. But wanna know something? THEY DON'T

Why have respect for someone who thinks they knows best when they only make them self feel better and not their children?

Who are you to make either determination?

Hermina94
26-12-09, 21:56

Mine are really overprotective.
They don't let me go to parties,and if I do,I may stay until 1 AM or leave even before.
It may be because I'm their first child...I don't know.

Carbonek_0051
26-12-09, 21:56

O rly?

That attitude will not get you places in life, you're only 16, I don't think you even know what's "best".
They don't let me go to parties,and if I do,I may stay until 1 AM or leave even before.
It's because they love you hun, tbh would you rather have them care about you? Or just not care at all? Just listen to what they say, you have plenty of time to do things like that later in life. You are still young.:)

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 21:58
hahaha :vlol:
I totally agree about that ^^ :D:D:D
Yeah,I seriously don't know what to do.
xD

Are you from Belgrade by the way? :)

Try to enjoy as much as you can! :jmp: If you will be sad cause you're at home, you won't do yourself any favor. :D

By the way, 1 AM?? :eek: I had to be at home around 8 PM when I was 15 if I was at my best friend (and she lives 5 minutes away). :D

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:01
Are you from Belgrade by the way? :)

Try to enjoy as much as you can! :jmp: If you will be sad cause you're at home, you won't do yourself any favor. :D

By the way, 1 AM?? :eek: I had to be at home around 8 PM when I was 15 if I was at my best friend (and she lives 5 minutes away). :D

Novi Sad :)
And the place is Temerin :vlol:

And I thought I was having a hard time :vlol:

Simochka
26-12-09, 22:01

Yeah I used to have it like that. If you don't listen to them that would probably cause problems.
I don't really know what to say. Because everyone will turn against me lol

O rly?

That attitude will not get you places in life, you're only 16, I don't think you even know what's "best".

I'm mature and have something called life experience. Not about raising a family, work and stuffs like that. But experience most people get when they are older because they always listen to their parents. I'm 16 and I live in my boyfriends apartment atm. And I would never be allowed to do that if I didn't know what's best for me
If I would be someone who always listen to my parents I would probably be sleeping now just to wake up early and watch tv with my parents all day tomorrow. Because that's what all my friends who just listen to their parents do

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:03
It's because they love you hun, tbh would you rather have them care about you? Or just not care at all? Just listen to what they say, you have plenty of time to do things like that later in life. You are still young.:)

I know,I know :)
But it seems unfair to me now...
Well,anyway,thanks for the advice :)

Carbonek_0051
26-12-09, 22:05
^No problem hun.
I'm mature and have something called life experience. Not about raising a family, work and stuffs like that. But experience most people get when they are older because they always listen to their parents. I'm 16 and I live in my boyfriends apartment atm. And I would never be allowed to do that if I didn't know what's best for me
If I would be someone who always listen to my parents I would probably be sleeping now just to wake up early and watch tv with my parents all day tomorrow. Because that's what all my friends who just listen to their parents do

So, being mature is telling somone that their parents don't know anything, and that they should disrespect their parents wishes and put themselves in possible harm? No, that is far from mature. You may think you are mature, and you can claim it all you want. But from all the posts I keep reading from you, you have a nasty attitude towards authority. Not everyone is like your parents, so don't apply what you do to other's lives.

And who's to say you didn't make the wrong decision? You might not be with your boyfriend forever, it's a harsh thing to say. But it's true and you have to put things like that into account. And so what if you were sleeping now, what does that even matter? The rebelion attitude is one that only goes so far.

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 22:07
Novi Sad :)
And the place is Temerin :vlol:

And I thought I was having a hard time :vlol:

Oooh. :p

Well I didn't have hard time y'know, I never complained cause I thought that's kinda normal. :p And my parents are protective but not too much - I went to Sweden all alone this year to a girl I never saw live before (you know, in person, her name is BlackRainbow over here) and it was the most amazing week ever. :cln: So it's really not hard. :D

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:10
Oooh. :p

Well I didn't have hard time y'know, I never complained cause I thought that's kinda normal. :p And my parents are protective but not too much - I went to Sweden all alone this year to a girl I never saw live before (you know, in person, her name is BlackRainbow over here) and it was the most amazing week ever. :cln: So it's really not hard. :D

How old were you...?:p

Simochka
26-12-09, 22:10
^No problem hun.

So, being mature is telling somone that their parents don't know anything, and that they should disrespect their parents wishes and put themselves in possible harm? No, that is far from mature. You may think you are mature, and you can claim it all you want. But from all the posts I keep reading from you, you have a nasty attitude towards authority. Not everyone is like your parents, so don't apply what you do to other's lives.

And who's to say you didn't make the wrong decision? You might not be with your boyfriend forever, it's a harsh thing to say. But it's true and you have to put things like that into account. And so what if you were sleeping now, what does that even matter? The rebelion attitude is one that only goes so far.

Ok you are right about many things. My ''advice'' wasn't totally serious and I thought that would be obvious.
And I have strict parents. Even so strict that the social (dunno english name) took me from them. And now I live with my boyfriend.
And if we break up I will get my own apartment. That's how it works in Sweden and I don't have to pay anything.
And I party and everything and I'm healthy and I never been in fights or anything.
So I just don't get what the problem is about a new year party?

Mr.Burns
26-12-09, 22:11

Yeah I used to have it like that. If you don't listen to them that would probably cause problems.
I don't really know what to say. Because everyone will turn against me lol

The problem with your advice is that as humans, our mentality and personality is not like a cookie cutter: one size fits all, or in this case, one piece of advice suits all. While I would disagree with your decision to move out at such a young age, it is your choice and if you feel that you have managed well enough, than more power to you. However, what works for you may not work for others simply because of having been raised with different values, differences in personality, guts, determination, etc. We don't know the full extent as to the OP's parent's style. For something as simple as this, I would advice the OP to just suck it up and not worry too much about it. More opportunities will present themselves in the future when they have more personal freedoms. Parents, not all, but most have willingly taken on the role of raising and protecting their children. Why do they do it? In most cases, because they love their children and want to make sure that they are safe and raised properly. Of course this isn't always a equitable arrangement for both parties, as is the case with you. You chose to move out and on with your life. If this works for you, good then. However I must say this and do not take offense as I am not intending any. You are 16 years old and while you have experienced things I don't doubt that are beyond what many your age would, you still have a lot to experience about the real world. As such, do not be so hasty to deal out an opinion such as this to people who may not be in a completely similar situation to your own. For all you know, your views may change down the road. At the very least, you may begin to see that what works for you may not work for everyone.

EDIT: Just saw your post so don't take this too heavily. More a personal musing on the topic as a whole.

Draco
26-12-09, 22:12

Are you completely able to sustain yourself independently?

Carbonek_0051
26-12-09, 22:17
Ok you are right about many things. My ''advice'' wasn't totally serious and I thought that would be obvious.
And I have strict parents. Even so strict that the social (dunno english name) took me from them. And now I live with my boyfriend.
And if we break up I will get my own apartment. That's how it works in Sweden and I don't have to pay anything.
And I party and everything and I'm healthy and I never been in fights or anything.
So I just don't get what the problem is about a new year party?
That's fine and dandy, but just because you've never been harmed doesn't mean that other might not be.

Her parents said no out of caring that she may be harmed, and because they didn't know about how she would have transport. It's because they care, they are not trying to say she can't ever go to a party. But they are just looking out for her, tbh I wish my parents would have cared that much but they let me do whatever I wanted. She should just listen to her parents because who knows, maybe they will let her go to another party down the line. I'm sure of she disrespected them then she would put herself at risk of harm and loosing her parents trust, then how is she supposed to go to other parties in the future if her parents can't trust her to respect their wishes. I'm sorry that had to happen to you, but like I said. Not everyone's parents are like yours.
The problem with your advice is that as humans, our mentality and personality is not like a cookie cutter: one size fits all, or in this case, one piece of advice suits all. While I would disagree with your decision to move out at such a young age, it is your choice and if you feel that you have managed well enough, than more power to you. However, what works for you may not work for others simply because of having been raised with different values, differences in personality, guts, determination, etc. We don't know the full extent as to the OP's parent's style. For something as simple as this, I would advice the OP to just suck it up and not worry too much about it. More opportunities will present themselves in the future when they have more personal freedoms. Parents, not all, but most have willingly taken on the role of raising and protecting their children. Why do they do it? In most cases, because they love their children and want to make sure that they are safe and raised properly. Of course this isn't always a equitable arrangement for both parties, as is the case with you. You chose to move out and on with your life. If this works for you, good then. However I must say this and do not take offense as I am not intending any. You are 16 years old and while you have experienced things I don't doubt that are beyond what many your age would, you still have a lot to experience about the real world. As such, do not be so hasty to deal out an opinion such as this to people who may not be in a completely similar situation to your own. For all you know, your views may change down the road. At the very least, you may begin to see that what works for you may not work for everyone.

EDIT: Just saw your post so don't take this too heavily. More a personal musing on the topic as a whole.

Well said.:tmb:

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 22:18
How old were you...?:p

When I went to Sweden? I went this year so 19. :) But still, I went all alone and someone could kidnap me and sold me or something. :pi: There are some crazy people in this word! :vlol:

Anyway, I hope you will have a great time anyway Hermina! :hug:

Simochka
26-12-09, 22:19

Yeah you are right. I have given my friends tips and that have made their parents completely mad.
And while I'm happy with my life how it is some people are happy with their.
So I don't really have the right to say whats right and wrong.
So I have to say that everything I said in this thread is MY opinion

Are you completely able to sustain yourself independently?

Both yes and no the welfare authorities (right word?) do that for me until I'm done with my education. But I have a work because I still need extra money.
And sorry if this doesn't have anything to do with your question. I didn't fully understand it

Minimus
26-12-09, 22:22
Bummer. I'm 15 and I'm going to Oceana for new years party.

Minty Mouth
26-12-09, 22:23
Bummer. I'm 15 and I'm going to Oceana for new years party.

Salt, meet wound :p

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:24
When I went to Sweden? I went this year so 19. :) But still, I went all alone and someone could kidnap me and sold me or something. :pi: There are some crazy people in this word! :vlol:

Anyway, I hope you will have a great time anyway Hermina! :hug:

haha :vlol:

I love your mind :vlol:

And thankies ;)

Minimus
26-12-09, 22:26
Salt, meet wound :p

I didn't mean to sound like I was gloating. Plus it's 30 mins away by car, so that's fair.

Megalith
26-12-09, 22:28
Wait a few years and you will be going out every new years.

Heh."A few years" seems like an eternity when you are fifteen.:)

lara c. fan
26-12-09, 22:28

I wouldn't count on it then....
Next Year ;)

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:30
Heh."A few years" seems like an eternity when you are fifteen.:)

I MUST WAIT...FOREVER!!
:vlol:

Domino
26-12-09, 22:39
Sometimes it's better to be at home with family (or at least with us all on TRF :D) then to be out at a party - your parents are right in saying there's a risk in you traveling for 30 minutes to a club where you shouldn't actually be legally and back when it's 1 AM in the morning. Just wait it out a year or two, and then your parents won't mind so much. Believe me, I know how you feel, all my friends are going to New Years parties and I'm staying at home. It's not the first time either, so I'm being honest when I say it's not that bad being stuck at home.

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:42
Yeah,It's not my first time being stuck at home...
And as I mentioned...there's a guy there...:vlol:

January_Snow*
26-12-09, 22:46
Sometimes it's better to be at home with family (or at least with us all on TRF :D) then to be out at a party - your parents are right in saying there's a risk in you traveling for 30 minutes to a club where you shouldn't actually be legally and back when it's 1 AM in the morning.

There is no age limit for clubs in Serbia, ofcourse they wont let little kids in, but since 14 15 years you can go to clubs...thats when most people start going to such places... Plus its 1am when the best part starts, everybody gets drunk and the best music starts playing :D :D :D ooooh I cant wait for New Year :D :D :D

sarahamsterdam
well just simple > sneak out. they will forgive you one day

Legend 4ever
Well, honestly I completely dissagree with most of the people here. I would never let anyone tell me what to do and spoil what I want to do, not even my parents.
That being said, my parents would definitely let me go if there was someone who could bring me back home. Although, I believe my dad would come for me, no matter what. He would be there at 5 am, waiting for me. So wither way, I would win.
Now, that probably wouln'd happen when I was 15, but 16 would already be an OK age for me to ask them and go.

Domino
26-12-09, 22:47
well just simple > sneak out. they will forgive you one day

But until that "one day" they'll lose all their trust in you. There's two sides to every coin.

Hermina94
26-12-09, 22:49
Well, honestly I completely dissagree with most of the people here. I would never let anyone tell me what to do and spoil what I want to do, not even my parents.
That being said, my parents would definitely let me go if there was someone who could bring me back home. Although, I believe my dad would come for me, no matter what. He would be there at 5 am, waiting for me. So wither way, I would win.
Now, that probably wouln'd happen when I was 15, but 16 would already be an OK age for me to ask them and go.

I agree.My dad will def. come for me.But their afraid of the drunks...

Archetype
26-12-09, 22:55
Meh, you'll have plenty of new years eve party's to attend in your lifetime.

I'll eventually be dragged to one, don't know what all the fuss is about ;)

January_Snow*
26-12-09, 23:09
I agree.My dad will def. come for me.But their afraid of the drunks...

Oh Hermina, you will be with friends, and there will be 200 other girls on that party, what are the chances you will run into one or two crazy drunks =)))

tombraiderluka
26-12-09, 23:49
There is no age limit for clubs in Serbia, ofcourse they wont let little kids in, but since 14 15 years you can go to clubs...thats when most people start going to such places... Plus its 1am when the best part starts, everybody gets drunk and the best music starts playing :D :D :D ooooh I cant wait for New Year :D :D :D
What do you mean the best? At 1am folk music starts :confused:

Your_Envy*
26-12-09, 23:57

Ceca. :cln: :tea:

tombraiderluka
26-12-09, 23:59
Ceca. :cln: :tea:
I dunno about her, I dislike her, she doesn't do anything but sing, though she sings well.. but meh. It's exactly folk music that make kids 13, 14, 15 want to go to clubs and get drunk :rolleyes:

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:00

Exactly :D

I dunno about her, I dislike her, she doesn't do anything but sing, though she sings well.. but meh. It's exactly folk music that make kids 13, 14, 15 want to go to clubs and get drunk :rolleyes:

I wouldnt say someone 15 years old is a kid =P
Besides people of all ages go to clubs, because they enjoy it, Im 17 and I love it, and there are much older people in clubs...

Your_Envy*
27-12-09, 00:01

That's her job! :D Well I don't think that's because of the music, you can get drunk if you listen Iron Maiden, too. :p

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:03
^ I always attend rock gigs and the ones that are drunk are definitely older ppl, well not older but in their 20s :)

Exactly :D

I wouldnt say someone 15 years old is a kid =P
Besides people of all ages go to clubs, because they enjoy it, Im 17 and I love it, and there are much older people in clubs...
Folk isn't good music. Maybe the real serbian folk is but the nowadays crap isn't good.

Anyway I wasn't talking about older ppl, i was talking about underage kids. 15yr old is a kid or a teenager whatever, still those kids shouldn't get drunk, but are 'insipred' by dusgusting turbo folk music :) You are a perfect example of that.

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:08
Folk isn't good music. Maybe the real serbian folk is but the nowadays crap isn't good.

Anyway I wasn't talking about older ppl, i was talking about underage kids. 15yr old is a kid or a teenager whatever, still those kids shouldn't get drunk, but are 'insipred' by dusgusting turbo folk music :) You are a perfect example of that.

Oh please cut the bull **** :rolleyes:
By your logic turbo folk is probably guilty for the 90tees situatios, for the inflation, for wars, for refugies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And Im a perfect example of what please? Come to a Belgrade club once, you would change your mind quickly...

Chocola teapot
27-12-09, 00:10
Sleep over a friends house ;)
And then go! :)

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:12
Oh please cut the bull **** :rolleyes:
By your logic turbo folk is probably guilty for the 90tees situatios, for the inflation, for wars, for refugies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And Im a perfect example of what please? Come to a Belgrade club once, you would change your mind quickly...
Exactly, you understood me. :rolleyes: Don't take things to literally.. I did say inspire, not that it's a direct cause. And you saying in one of your previous comments that the best part is when everyone gets drunk, including you I assume at 1 AM shows what I am talking about. That's why I said you were an example :)

Anyway, I've been to lots of clubs in Belgrade and they are amazing, though I've been to the ones where folk music isn't played so that's prolly why I thought they were awesome.

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:14
Exactly, you understood me. :rolleyes: Don't take things to literally.. I did say inspire, not that it's a direct cause. And you saying in one of your previous comments that the best part is when everyone gets drunk, including you I assume at 1 AM shows what I am talking about. That's why I said you were an example :)

Anyway, I've been to lots of clubs in Belgrade and they are amazing, though I've been to the ones where folk music isn't played so that's prolly why I thought they were awesome.

So you think that getting drunk with your best friends and having fun is bad????

So you never been to a club where folk music plays?

Larson_1988
27-12-09, 00:15

You're 15 you said, well i'm 21 now and this will be the first year i'm gonna attend a new years eve party. :)

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:18
So you think that getting drunk with your best friends and having fun is bad????

So you never been to a club where folk music plays?
You are under 18, have fun, just without drinks you can do it.

No, not in Belgrade. But I just came back from a party where the DJ changed from good music to folk, so I came to him and asked him to change it and he did. Everyone had a blast, they didn't even notice folk wasn't played :)

Your_Envy*
27-12-09, 00:21
You're 15 you said, well i'm 21 now and this will be the first year i'm gonna attend a new years eve party. :)

Bravo! :D Why didn't you go earlier - because of your parents or because you just didn't feel like going? I am just asking this cause I could go out since I was 16 I guess, but I didn't have this urge to go out. :)

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:25
You are under 18, have fun, just without drinks you can do it.

No, not in Belgrade. But I just came back from a party where the DJ changed from good music to folk, so I came to him and asked him to change it and he did. Everyone had a blast, they didn't even notice folk wasn't played :)

So what? Why should I have a funless life untill Im 18 and there is no difference between 17 and 18, just the legal stuff...

So you beleve that all 300 people on that party had a blast listening to some boring music??? Maybe you enjoyed it and a couple of people, but I doubt that everyone did.... Ive been to numerous parties, clubs, drafts, and everywhere every single time, the atmosphere is bland in the begining (every party starts with house music, continues with pop, then 90's dance, and finlay Turbo folk, its like a music rule) while house and pop music plays, its lifted alot when 90's dance starts, and the crazyness starts when they start playing folk....

Larson_1988
27-12-09, 00:26
Bravo! :D Why didn't you go earlier - because of your parents or because you just didn't feel like going? I am just asking this cause I could go out since I was 16 I guess, but I didn't have this urge to go out. :)

Actually, it's the exact same reason you provided. I never felt like going out on new years eve, until now that is. :)

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:28
So what? Why should I have a funless life untill Im 18 and there is no difference between 17 and 18, just the legal stuff...

So you beleve that all 300 people on that party had a blast listening to some boring music??? Maybe you enjoyed it and a couple of people, but I doubt that everyone did.... Ive been to numerous parties, clubs, drafts, and everywhere every single time, the atmosphere is bland in the begining (every party starts with house music, continues with pop, then 90's dance, and finlay Turbo folk, its like a music rule) while house and pop music plays, its lifted alot when 90's dance starts, and the crazyness starts when they start playing folk....
Yes it was exactly the same this time, only when folk started they switched to pop cause we asked for it. Don't act like you were there, everyone enjoyed the party.

But whatever it's pointless to argue or whatever this is, I will say songs like 'Vodka and Gin' are the ones who influence younger ppl to drink more and that's what's lowering down people here more and more. And I am right. :wve:

Your_Envy*
27-12-09, 00:29
Actually, it's the exact same reason you provided. I never felt like going out on new years eve, until now that is. :)

Well I hope you will have a great time! :hug:

And Hermina, do you know already what are you going to do? :) I really hope you will find a solution who is the best for you and your parents. :hug:

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:32
Yes it was exactly the same this time, only when folk started they switched to pop cause we asked for it. Don't act like you were there, everyone enjoyed the party.

But whatever it's pointless to argue or whatever this is, I will say songs like 'Vodka and Gin' are the ones who influence younger ppl to drink more and that's what's lowering down people here more and more. And I am right. :wve:

I cant beleve everyone enjoyed a party with bland pop music (If it was our pop playing), its not possible...

Oh please, no one is so retarded to hear a song and then go like "Heck Im gonna drink vodka and gin all night, because a song told me so"...

You're not right, youre just boring :wve:

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:33
I cant beleve everyone enjoyed a party with bland pop music (If it was our pop playing), its not possible...

Oh please, no one is so retarded to hear a song and then go like "Heck Im gonna drink vodka and gin all night, because a song told me so"...

You're not right, youre just boring :wve:
It wasn't our pop of course, we have no pop music it all turned into folk. And yes I know I'm boring but I'm also right :jmp:

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:36
It wasn't our pop of course, we have no pop music it all turned into folk. And yes I know I'm boring but I'm also right :jmp:

Ofcourse we have, that slug Zeljko Joksimovic, and that baba tetka Jelena Tomasevic =)))))

Boring people are never right ;)

Your_Envy*
27-12-09, 00:37
Ofcourse we have, that slug Zeljko Joksimovic, and that baba tetka Jelena Tomasevic =)))))

ZOMG did someone metion Željko Joksimović? :cln:

Okay, I am really off topic, I am sorry. I swear I will stop spamming this thread. :o

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:38

Well I'm special :D

anyway if this is deemed off topic, then sorry, but this is all for Hermina to see what's right for her :jmp: but i guess she already knows

Eddie Haskell
27-12-09, 00:40
Ahhh don't feel bad. My wife won't let me go to my buddies party, instead I have to spend the evening at a hoitie toitie bash with a number of politicos. Then I spend the whole night telling and retelling war stories for their entertainment. Fortunately as a disabled vet I can get sloshed and fall asleep without penalty...that is until I get home... ;)

Encore
27-12-09, 00:42
^ lmao :D

I always hated new years parties. Too many people, too many alcohol, too much stupidity and silliness around. :p

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 00:43

I always hated new years parties. Too many people, too many alcohol, too much stupidity and silliness around. :p
Haha good. I thought only my country was crazy :ton:

January_Snow*
27-12-09, 00:45
ZOMG did someone metion Željko Joksimović? :cln:

Okay, I am really off topic, I am sorry. I swear I will stop spamming this thread. :o

You go to sleep you spamer :D ;) :D

Well I'm special :D

To quote Lara "No" =)))))

Nerd For Life
27-12-09, 00:45

Oh god, don't remind me... last year I was dragged to a disco with my cousin.... :hea: Never again.

Eddie Haskell
27-12-09, 00:46

I actually spent a couple of new years eve's under the stars in a tent, playing cards and drinking whatever we happened to have on hand. One year I actually celebrated the arrival of the new year on a military transport. That was fun...

Encore
27-12-09, 00:51
Yep, like NFL said I think the worst is the parties in clubs and stuff. There's all sorts of ways to celebrate it though. I usually have a special dinner with my family.

I'd love to celebrate New Year's Eve in a concert though (of a band I actually like, mind you, not just any show).. Maybe someday.

Nerd For Life
27-12-09, 00:54
Yep, like NFL said I think the worst is the parties in clubs and stuff. There's all sorts of ways to celebrate it though. I usually have a special dinner with my family.

I'd love to celebrate New Year's Eve in a concert though (of a band I actually like, mind you, not just any show).. Maybe someday.

Oh, that concert idea sounds awesome. :)

I'm doing stuff differently this year, I usually spent it in some friend's house or just home. But this year, I'm gonna get a couple of close friends and we're all gonna have dinner here in my house, with my mum and stepfather, and then we're gonna be around. :) Of the people I'm inviting, no one of them is really a fan of drinking or big parties (I think) so we are getting a cosy get together. :)

Love2Raid
27-12-09, 00:56
You obviously feel uncomfortable about going, and right now you're not even sure about your means of transportation. Your friend is not going. Your parents will probably be worried about you while you are away, how can you enjoy yourself knowing that? Just stay at home, these are moments to cherish with your family or close friends. Don't worry about missing that party, there will be another one next year! :)

Capt. Murphy
27-12-09, 03:10
I have a rather unusual way of celebrating new years... If I should be off from work -that is. I go to sleep. Then I wake up in the morning and it's the new year - just like that. No retarded rituals to go through to make the last number in the year turn over. :wve:

AmericanAssassin
27-12-09, 03:13
You know how parties are here for New Years everyone's gonna be drunk and they're gonna play ****ty music ;)

Fun! :jmp:

Marianna12
27-12-09, 10:55
Hermina, I know how you feel, it's really annoying when parents don't let you go out. But they care for you, so stay at home for them!:)
Just don't think that you're missing out all the fun, watch a movie, do whatever makes you happy! Maybe go somewhere your parents let you with other friends/cousins. Who knows, maybe this party will be horrible after all?:p

LightningRider
27-12-09, 11:53
The best parties, are the ones you make yourself.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself. :D

Hermina94
27-12-09, 13:02
So I thought about it...

REASONS I SHOULDN'T GO:

-my parents will be nervous wrecks
-it's far away
-dangerous
-no one from my town will come
-blah blah blah

REASONS I SHOULD GO:

-because I don't want to be home alone
-the guy I like will be there..

Haha ,it looks like I'm staying at home...maybe I'll visit my friends on saturday just to hang out.:vlol:

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 13:04
So I thought about it...

REASONS I SHOULDN'T GO:

-my parents will be nervous wrecks
-it's far away
-dangerous
-no one from my town will come
-blah blah blah

REASONS I SHOULD GO:

-because I don't want to be home alone
-the guy I like will be there..

Haha ,it looks like I'm staying at home...maybe I'll visit my friends on saturday just to hang out.:vlol:
Screw the guy, your parents are at home you are not alone :) Appreciate family moments they will not last forever.

Hermina94
27-12-09, 13:13
Screw the guy, your parents are at home you are not alone :) Appreciate family moments they will not last forever.

your absolutely right :vlol: ^^

LightningRider
27-12-09, 13:57
your absolutely right :vlol: ^^

Good. Have fun with your family. :)

Eddie Haskell
27-12-09, 14:11
Good. Have fun with your family. :)

Yeah absolutely, but I wouldn't follow tombraiderluka's advice to the letter, unless of course he commits himself to you first. :)

Los Angeles
27-12-09, 14:13
Does anyone know the name of this song? It sounds like this:

nanana nananaaaaa naanana nanana

and then:

nana nananana na na na nanananaaaa? :confused:

LightningRider
27-12-09, 14:15
It's more than Likely Open Chat my friend, but I certainly won't get anything from that. :p

Eddie: Of course.

marla_biggs
27-12-09, 14:40
Does anyone know the name of this song? It sounds like this:

nanana nananaaaaa naanana nanana

and then:

nana nananana na na na nanananaaaa? :confused:

Hey Jude by The Beatles?

Los Angeles
27-12-09, 14:48
Hey Jude by The Beatles?

Thanks! That's it! :p

tombraiderluka
27-12-09, 17:49

I just noticed this, you fell in my eyes :ton: