PDA

View Full Version : TWILIGHT or HARRY POTTER

Laras Boyfr.
28-12-09, 14:40
What is better Twilight or Harry Potter?
AND why?

Rai
28-12-09, 14:47
I have yet to read the Twilight series, but I know enough to realise they're completely different stories, so can't be compared, imo.

To choose, then Harry Potter. Well written series about the fight between good and evil within the magical world.

BlackRainbow
28-12-09, 14:47
May I remark the randomness of this thread? Does Harry Potter have anything to do with Twilight? Or is it the publicity/popularity you're referring to?

OT: Harry Potter, no doubt. I love the series so much.
Reason - Vampires. Don't. Sparkle. That's quite enough. And the movie (I haven't watched New Moon, I'm not going to) was just pure hell for me. It was impossible to get somewhat absorbed by the story, the acting etc etc whatsoever. And a pretty boring story as well.

Aranara
28-12-09, 14:50
Harry Potter because I don't like Twilight. The book was kinda okay but the movie is the crappiest movie I've ever seen. Bad actors. Music is good though.

Aphrodite22
28-12-09, 14:53
i havent read Harry Potter but ive read New Moon and Eclipse.

Harry Potter is WAAAY better than twilight in every sense imo.

Dina_Croft
28-12-09, 14:54
May I remark the randomness of this thread?

http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/120470_I_are_serious_cat_This_is_serious_thread2_j pg2cbe9bc66d0d649f855a9bd15f2f70bd

Seriously I think this is pointless and totaly wrong comparing gay magicians to gay(for some) vampires:mis:

BlackRainbow
28-12-09, 14:58
Seriously I think this is pointless and totaly wrong comparing gay magicians to gay(for some) vampires:mis:
So it's the gayness you're after then? :confused:

Minty Mouth
28-12-09, 14:59

G.I.N.A.S.F.S

Anyway, I guess Harry Potter is better.

BlackRainbow
28-12-09, 15:01
Anyway, I guess Harry Potter is better.
The plot is way more captivating and interesting imo!

Minty Mouth
28-12-09, 15:02
The plot is way more captivating and interesting imo!

The first three were actually pretty good. They weren't dripping with pretention like the others.

(I think i just invented a word)

LightningRider
28-12-09, 15:03
I'm like Hayley Williams, I never read Harry Potter, but I like the movies.

Now Twilight, I love the books and the movie. :D

BlackRainbow
28-12-09, 15:04
The first three were actually pretty good. They weren't dripping with pretention like the others.

(I think i just invented a word)
Yes, the first three are my favorites. Then it slowly goes downhill for me. Not much though.

Draco
28-12-09, 15:06
Neither is worthy of my attention.

ShadyCroft
28-12-09, 15:19
Started reading Twilight and even after like 150 pages in, the writing wasn't captivating for me like Harry Potter, but I cannot say I don't like it cause...well...I have to know it all first.

But I love Harry Potter. :)

Lara Fan 4Life
28-12-09, 15:28
Tried to read New Moon, and when I finished chapter two, I just closed the book and never looked at it again! Too much description of Edward by Belle, and from what I heard, that's what the whole books are about, take that away, you have nothing!

Harry Potter on the other hand are books that grab you and suck you into the Harry Potter universe. They're just plain magical and I never get bored of reading them over and over again!

I've also saw the Twilight movie, and while I thought it was OK, it wasn't as near as good as the HP movies.

If you haven't guessed already, I prefer HP over Twilight any day, and would much prefer all them crazied Robert Patterson fans to be vanished off the face of the earth! :)

jackles
28-12-09, 15:45
I guess you are either a fan or you are not.

I don't care about either.

TR93
28-12-09, 15:47
Twilight!

I have read 4 of the HP books and dint read anymore after that... and the movie are pretty good, but I loved both the Twilight books and the 2 movies so far so I choose Twilight:D

Encore
28-12-09, 15:48
I never read any of those books, because they seem too childish. I like some parts of the Harry Potter movies but mostly because the adult actors are amazing.

ECB
28-12-09, 16:07
Vampire, werewolves, romance and sparkles VS Bellatrix Lestrange

Harry Potter all the way

Mad Tony
28-12-09, 16:08
Harry Potter. It's actually interesting and not ridiculously camp and stupid.

That is all.

nightwishgirl84
28-12-09, 16:14
Harry Potter ftw.

Chocola teapot
28-12-09, 16:14
Harry Potter Dessecrates and Deffacates upon Twilights Face.

touchthesky
28-12-09, 16:18
I like them both.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/lunylucy87/random/cat%20macros/twilight-cedward-patronus.jpg

Ilie_Fusarau
28-12-09, 16:19
I guess you are either a fan or you are not.
I don't care about either.
:hug: Same!:)

Lara Croft!
28-12-09, 16:36
Harry Potter FTW!

Legend 4ever
28-12-09, 16:46
Harry Potter duh

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter anymore, I've read it when I was 12 and then just continued reading the sequels until I was 15, when the last one came out. I wouldn't read them again.

But Twilight, I am sorry I've read them all and I would like to burn them if someone gave me my $50 back.

Stephenie Meyer cannot be compared to JK Rowling as a writer. Like Stephen King said: "She can't write worth a darn."

Your_Envy*
28-12-09, 16:56
IRON MAIDEN or BRITNEY SPEARS?

:rolleyes:

Those books are completely different and it's hard to compare them, but if you wanna hear my opinion, I like them both. I was reading all the books like crazy, laughed, almost cried (well I cried at Harry Potter books), both have amazing story and I could imagine everything. I love them.

tombraiderluka
28-12-09, 17:03
Harry Potter, although I see no resemblance xD

KC Mraz
28-12-09, 17:05
Harry over Twilight any day, twice on Sundays.

Britney <3.

Carbonek_0051
28-12-09, 17:10

I can't choose. ;__;

As for Twilight & HP, I've tried reading Twilight and it's not my cup of tea (not to say it was bad). Harry Potter is better written, and the plot is a lot more complex and interesting IMO. The characters are far more likable, the story is far more emotional and captivating. But once again this all my opinion, I'm sure there are people who find Twilight better, but I am just not one of them.:)

touchthesky
28-12-09, 17:18
I can't choose. ;__;

As for Twilight & HP, I've tried reading Twilight and it's not my cup of tea (not to say it was bad). Harry Potter is better written, and the plot is a lot more complex and interesting IMO. The characters are far more likable, the story is far more emotional and captivating. But once again this all my opinion, I'm sure there are people who find Twilight better, but I am just not one of them.:)

Lets write a fanfic about Draco and Jacob. The two outcasts of the series get together and...talk.

:hug:

elizard_9594
28-12-09, 17:36
Im team Potter. Have been for forever.

Carbonek_0051
28-12-09, 17:37
Lets write a fanfic about Draco and Jacob. The two outcasts of the series get together and...talk.

:hug:

That....is not a bad idea. Let's get on it!

silver_wolf
28-12-09, 17:40
Is this even a real question? Let's see, travesty of a series written by the romance-wannabe hack with the skills of a 7th grader, or the best selling and best written fantasy series since Lord of the Rings written by an actual author and inspiring role model? Yeah, gonna have to go with Harry Potter.

Quasimodo
28-12-09, 17:50
Groans about sparkling woodland fairies aside, Potter wins because it has a better developed 'universe' (Death Eaters, competition between magic schools, Ministry of Magic v. Volturi), characters, and plot. It felt like 80% of Breaking Dawn was spent playing house while the dogs circled the lawn. Blah. In the Potter series there were usually several things going on at once.

silver_wolf
28-12-09, 18:01
yes. also, wtf is going on in your avatar?

VonCroy360
28-12-09, 18:04
Top 10 Reasons Why Harry Potter is better than Twilight

10- Twilight is marketed towards the "cool kids"
You know the guy who makes it his mission to shove the heads of high school nerds into toilets and lockers? Yeah, that dude's girlfriend probably reads the Twilight series. And she loves it! Much like she loves a boy who takes it upon himself to prove his manhood to his generation's future Web wizards. Whereas the hardcore fans of Harry Potter embrace what has been called "geekdom", the fans of Twilight are simply latching onto the next hot thing, i.e. Robert Pattinson. As a general rule, girls who read Twilight versus girls who read Harry Potter-- Twilight girls are higher maintenance, more sexually active, and pay too much money to have their nails done. Harry Potter fans on the other hand, well, let's just say that a lot of them are probably theater kids who work at Renaissance fairs. What's not to love?

9- Stephenie Meyer has *******ized the idea of vampires
Let's get down to serious business here. It's no mistake that J.K. Rowling did not invent magical, mythical creatures. She didn't invent the centaur, she wasn't the first to write about the unicorn, and witches have had a common place in literature for years. However, there is something that Rowling stuck to her guns about, and that was the true idea behind her magical creatures. Werewolves change form at the full moon. Done. Vampires, they drink blood. End of story. Stephenie Meyer, in an attempt to be clever, turned the whole idea of being a vampire on its ear...and it sucks. First of all, they want blood, but they are too humane to drink it. Well, that's been done before, Meyer, but don't act like this isn't the real reason why Edward wants to smell Bella constantly. No one, in human to human relationships, simply wants to sniff someone out of feelings of overwhelming love. And, if they did, gross. Secondly, vampires can't go into the sun, because it kills them. Meyer's vampires can't go into the sun because they sparkle like disco balls. Ridiculous.

8- Harry Potter deals with an expansive, creative, and original world
What Rowling did with her story is impressive. An entire universe that exists parallel to modern-day society. Harry, who grows up with Muggle relatives, learns that he is a wizard at age 11. A child's dream come true on the surface. Dig underneath, and there's a wealth of detail and wonder that makes this place--the Wizarding world--believable and real. You could almost reach out and touch it, if you weren't a muggle and, therefore, completely oblivious to the out-of-the-ordinary things that go on around you. Meyer's vampires and werewolves co-exist with American high school students. So did I. Big deal. The only rich and exciting thing about American high school is probably pizza day in the cafeteria. The only thing expansive is the gym coach's high quarters. 'Nuff said.

7-Two words: Alan Rickman
Please visit the following link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000614/

6- Harry Potter is re-readable, Twilight is virtually UNreadable
As this writer has read all of the books in each series, I can honestly say that my Twilight books are my greatest collectors of dust. While reading them, I was rabid for the next, because I kept waiting for the action. (And, I'll be addressing this topic more later on.) I can even admit to maybe liking the first one, or at least not hating it. After reading the books once, though, I was done. I needed (nor wanted) no more of this little tart and her Vamp lover. Harry Potter on the other hand keeps me coming back for more. There are so many little details sprinkled throughout the series that it is nearly impossible to latch onto all of them during the first read...the second...the third...the seventh. Everything that occurs in the plot of Twilight seems very artificial and one-dimensional. There is no reason to dig deeper, to re-think anything, or to re-read. You got it all the first time, and it wasn't that great. Why, oh why, would you want to re-live it? Harry Potter is like your first love...everytime you see that person, even if it's been years, you fall in love all over again.

5-The films are actually good
The hype surrounding the Twilight film was a bit insane. I can admit to falling for it. It was equal parts intrigue and needing to fill a fantasy void in my life. It didn't do the trick. To put it quite plainly, the film was terrible, overhyped. Comparing it to the Potter franchise...there is absolutely no contest. For starters, Harry Potter has been cast with some of Britain's finest actors, and the newcomers get better with each film. Twilight has made it their point to cast young, "talent" including the douchey boyfriend from the movie Can't Hardly Wait as a vampire dad. The one Potter/Twilight crossover, Robert Pattinson, is nothing more than someone to look at, and even that is debatable. He was great as Potter's Cedric Diggory, but that could be due to the fact that his screen time was minimal and he had a decent plot to play with. Twilight, as far as I could tell, has not even made an attempt to not look like a joke. The acting is terrible, the effects laughable, and the author of the series actually had a Shyamalan-esque cameo in the first film. You'll never see Rowling pull that! The Harry Potter films grow increasingly darker, better, and more interesting. Dakota Fanning has been cast in the next installment of the Twilight saga. Yikes.

4-Harry Potter characters have depth
The female characters in the HP series definitely have substance. Hermione is known for her smarts, Ginny is a fiery, tomboy with an athletic streak, and Luna Lovegood is a dreamer, even for the Wizarding world, with a heart of gold. Twilight's female lead is a sex/potential edible object with wishy-washy emotions and the ability to drive any reader crazy...and not in a good way. Harry Potter has Albus Dumbledore, an old wizard with a childlike likability and a colored past; Severus Snape who is arguably one of the most fascinating, complex, and surprising characters in modern literature; Neville Longbottom, a quiet, forgetful, loveable, and cursed young wizard who could have his very own series; Sirius Black, Hagrid, each and every Weasley...I could go on for ages. Even Harry's horrible aunt and uncle carry weight in the series. Twilight has mean vampires and nice vampires and, other than their physical appearance, very little is known about them as individuals. Other than Alice Cullen is sweet and floats like a pixie, there's really nothing else to explore. Give me characters I actually care about any day. It makes for a better plot. Period.

3-Things actually happen
Speaking of plot, this may actually be my biggest pet peeve with the Twilight series as a whole and, if you're in the middle of reading it, you should stop right now. I'm going to save you a world of hurt. Nothing happens. Absolutely nothing happens. It's a cheesy, teen romance masquerading as a fantasy novel. There is no action. There's build up, but no release. Honestly, readers, who doesn't want a release? The battle at Hogwarts in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows could almost rival Tolkien's epic Lord of the Rings carnage. (Relax, Tolkien fans. I said almost.) Rowling's story has an arc--there are ups, there are downs. Meyer's plot is filled with a lot of "oh, I wonder if" followed by a resounding, "Oh, I guess not."

2-Plot plays to intelligence, not hormones
The story of Harry Potter and his quest to destroy Voldemort is a smart one. Some naysayers would call it a "children's series" making it a very complex piece of children's literature. At heart, it is the battle of good versus evil, but to explain or sum up the series would take you ages. Cliffs notes version? I think not. Hence the Harry Potter Lexicon--a website with an A-Z listing of every character, every place, every thing mentioned in the series, because very few of these are just throw away references. Rowling planted seeds all throughout her series that grew to be substantial and important plot points, keeping readers guessing and theorizing for a decade. Twilight, at its core, is a story of teen romance and hormones. Seriously, if you replaced the vampires with humans, boring, boring, boring.

1- Harry Potter is universal
You can share Harry Potter with your kids, your grandma, or your boyfriend. It's fanbase stretches far and wide and touches nearly every demographic. Twilight plays primarily to teenaged girls. Try and convince your hubby to sit down with a copy of that book and make it all the way through. Not gonna happen, ladies! At least the main guy in your life will take a stab at Potter ...if he's cool.

So, as it is, Potter is superior to Twilight in so many ways. Though I will admit to being biased, I assume that I have every right to be. I cannot be swayed, I cannot be convinced otherwise. I tried to get sucked into Twilight, but when it comes down to it, Harry Potter will withstand the test of time.I am Harry's girl through and through.

(**Honorable mention** Reason why Harry Potter is better than Twilight: "It just is.")

Nothing to add.

tombraiderluka
28-12-09, 18:06
Nothing to add.
That was a great read, thank you :) I agree with that.

Love2Raid
28-12-09, 18:39
I don't think I can say anything about this, since I haven't touched anything 'Twilight'-related in my life, but I love the HP books. I have heard enough about 'Twilight' to know it sucks though, so I would say Harry Potter since that doesn't suck.

yes. also, wtf is going on in your avatar?
It's the best version of Cerberus I have ever seen. Finally I can make a comment about it. :vlol:

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 18:44
There's not even a competition here. Harry Potter is 1,000,000x better. It's written in a more original style, the plot is better, the characters are interesting, it doesn't have a story that's been used 1,000,000 times, it's way more intense to read, and they can truly be called epic. :mis:

Nannonxyay
28-12-09, 18:51
I'm not obsessive over either of them, but I do think Harry Potter has a much more fleshed out plot and is generally better written than Twilight. I've only read a few Potter books, but the movies are definetely more appealing to be than the Twilight movies. I'm not bothered about either though.

TR93
28-12-09, 18:55
^^ :tmb:...

I only like Twilight more because I like the characters more and I think it relates to teenagers more than Harry Potter does, but thats just my view.
I would probably want to see a Twilight Movie than a HP movie because I've read all the Twilight books and the Twilight movies generally stick to the books better than the Potter series, I've seen all the HP movie and all had quite a few peices missing that were in the books where as Twilight only,had a few.... plus I find alot more of the Twilight ators and actress's attractive:p

ZapTheLadyBird
28-12-09, 19:01
Harry Potter... Because Twilight is ****...

I'm not to fond of either, but I have re-read potter, and I would never touch Twilight again...

Love2Raid
28-12-09, 19:02
^^ :tmb:...

I only like Twilight more because I like the characters more and I think it relates to teenagers more than Harry Potter does, but thats just my view.
I would probably want to see a Twilight Movie than a HP movie because I've read all the Twilight books and the Twilight movies generally stick to the books better than the Potter series, I've seen all the HP movie and all had quite a few peices missing that were in the books where as Twilight only,had a few.... plus I find alot more of the Twilight ators and actress's attractive:p

Isn't that because a lot happens in the HP books (they can't put everything in a 3 hour movie), and in Twilight almost nothing happens? :mis:

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 19:04
Isn't that because a lot happens in the HP books (they can't put everything in a 3 hour movie), and in Twilight almost nothing happens? :mis:

Haha! :tmb: So true. You really got that right. :p

LaraLuvrrr
28-12-09, 19:05
Though Ive only seen Harry Potter 1 and 2 and not read the books I have to go with Harry Potter.

Twilight is a pretty bad storyline its not very complex more like a supernatural teenage drama lol

Lara Fan 4Life
28-12-09, 19:05

I was going to say just that! :mad:

:vlol:

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 19:07
Though Ive only seen Harry Potter 1 and 2 and not read the books I have to go with Harry Potter.

They get so much better from there! :mis: Watch them!

LaraLuvrrr
28-12-09, 19:08
They get so much better from there! :mis: Watch them!

Really? I'll have to watch them then :D. I used to say I was gona have a "Harry Potter night" and watch all the films but I never ended up doing it.

Lara Fan 4Life
28-12-09, 19:09
I love the third and sixth HP movies! :)

<3

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 19:10
Really? I'll have to watch them then :D. I used to say I was gona have a "Harry Potter night" and watch all the films but I never ended up doing it.

The third film is great. Much different than the first two. The fourth is a world away from the others. Not really faithful to the books, though. (:pi:) The fifth and sixth are intense and they're when the series takes a much more mature turn. :mis:

Carbonek_0051
28-12-09, 19:16
I love the third and sixth HP movies! :)

<3

Same, the 3rd is my favorite.:p

elizard_9594
28-12-09, 19:19
i can't wait for the 7th Potter Movie. This is gonna be extremely epic. Aren't they splitting it into 2 parts? i wonder if theyll release the 2 parts seperatley (as seperate movies) or together at the same time (2 part movie like titanic!)

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 19:20
i can't wait for the 7th Potter Movie. This is gonna be extremely epic. Aren't they splitting it into 2 parts? i wonder if theyll release the 2 parts seperatley (as seperate movies) or together at the same time (2 part movie like titanic!)

Yes, it will be in two parts, but they're releasing them seperately. ;) The trailer is out...

Pca4-E3WL7c

Lara Fan 4Life
Same, the 3rd is my favorite.:p

Yep, the third is also my favourite HP book! :) It's so simple, but I loved how JK. Rowling used the trick of going back in time so effectly!

Carbonek_0051

They are releasing them separately.:)
Yep, the third is also my favourite HP book! :) It's so simple, but I loved how JK. Rowling used the trick of going back in time so effectly!
Same! It was my favorite book, movie, & HP game.:D

Lara Fan 4Life
28-12-09, 19:23
Same! It was my favorite book, movie, & HP game.:D

Oh, I forgot about the game! :p The third wins in everything - Book, movie and game form! :D

Alex Shepherd
28-12-09, 19:26
Harry :o Potter

This thread need a poll...

Raider Man

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 19:26
This thread need a poll...

What would be the point? It's already like 50:1. :p

Love2Raid
28-12-09, 19:27
Oh, I forgot about the game! :p The third wins in everything - Book, movie and game form! :D

Same here! :tmb:

silver_wolf
28-12-09, 19:32
Nothing to add.
Perfectly said! :tmb: Harry Potter is just good literature, Twilight is teen romance trash.

lara croft TR
28-12-09, 19:36
definetly harry potter... i enjoied twilight also but harry potter is brilliant :D

marla_singer
28-12-09, 20:31
Having read both Harry Potter and Twilight and seen all of the movie adaptions (so far :p), I have to admit I prefer Twilight.

Neither are totally original in my opinion, and to be totally honest, I enjoyed neither the HP books or the Twilight books. Admittedly though, HP is wrote in a much more professional way. I definately like Twilight/New Moon as a film adaption though. Never really liked the HP films except Prisoner of Azkaban.

"Twilight girls are higher maintenance, more sexually active, and pay too much money to have their nails done" - I also find that total drivel :p

Dina_Croft
28-12-09, 20:36
Twilight.

I like Harry Potter(not a crazy fan though) but I'm in LOVE with all kinds of Vampires,the sparkling ones or the hot to death ones.

I dig Vampires so yeah.

voltz
28-12-09, 20:37
I'll pick Rambo.

What? That final shootout was awesome!

Your_Envy*
28-12-09, 20:52
^ :vlol:

Legend 4ever
28-12-09, 20:56

:rolleyes:

Those books are completely different and it's hard to compare them, but if you wanna hear my opinion, I like them both. I was reading all the books like crazy, laughed, almost cried (well I cried at Harry Potter books), both have amazing story and I could imagine everything. I love them.

I have to disagree. You can always compare everything. I can compare Slipknot and Paris Hilton. It's all music.

And this is books. You decide if you think they're good, then go on to focus to characters, plot, scenes. Is it good, is it engaging, can you relate to the characters, is the new world made well and believable? All that can be answered. Saying that Twilight "saga" is better than HP books is a blasphemy IMO. I was enchanted for my whole childhood with HP books, they used to mean a lot to me and Twilight was boring, contrived and unbearable to read after the first book. Plus, I was a fan for a month lol

Dustie
28-12-09, 20:59
Lol that was harsh on Slipknot's fans! :p

What's the deal with sparkling? I mean, do the vampires really sparkle in the novel?

Minty Mouth
28-12-09, 21:00

What's the deal with sparkling? I mean, do the vampires really sparkle in the novel?

Paris could be in slipknot, and no one would notice (no mask necessary!)

And yes, they do.

lara c. fan
28-12-09, 21:02
HP for the win :)

Twilight's just a soppy love story

Legend 4ever
28-12-09, 21:02

They do. I didn't really care for it and everyone else is reacting like that was the worst thing since the beginning of time. It's OK, she(if she wrote the books) tried to change at least sth.

I don't even like the new thing in movies and TV shows where vampires more an more can be human like. They can now even walk in the sun. That's bad. That's why I like True Blood and not the Vampire Diaries.

Your_Envy*
28-12-09, 21:03
I didn't say you can't compare them, but I said it's HARD to compare them. :) And I also didn't say that Twilight is better than Harry Potter, I never said that. I absolutely ADORE Harry since the books came out, I like the movies, I love everything about it, I can say I am a huge fan. As for Twilight, I am reading the last book and I like it. I am not a huge fan, but I don't hate it and I don't think it sucks. The first movie wasn't the best, but New Moon was good. :) I never had problems with my imagination, so I can imagine everything. I still think those books are hard to compare. Harry Potter has a special place in my heart and Twilight is just a book I like, like Pride and Prejudice for example. I love it, but I wouldn't read it 94575 times like I read HP. Sorry if my opinion was weird at the first place, I hope you understand it now. :)

Dustie
28-12-09, 21:09
They do. I didn't really care for it and everyone else is reacting like that was the worst thing since the beginning of time. It's OK, she(if she wrote the books) tried to change at least sth.

As in they look like they put this sort of glitter-creme in a super-pale shade on their skin?

Legend 4ever
28-12-09, 21:10
Oh I was just reacting to the "hard to compare" thing.

Other stuff are reactions to all the other stuff I've heard people say.

As in they look like they put this sort of glitter-creme in a super-pale shade on their skin?

Yes.

Your_Envy*
28-12-09, 21:11

Oh okay, sorry for misunderstanding! :o :)

larafan25
28-12-09, 21:12
I like them both but would preffer to watch harry potter...more interesting story..wherease in twilight I am just watching for Taylor:p

Lara's home
28-12-09, 21:25
Harry Potter because it doesn't emberass me.

Dustie
28-12-09, 21:26

Yes.

Then I have to admit it is a pretty original way to portray them... though definitely not the best way for them to stay low...

larafan25
28-12-09, 21:28
Harry Potter because it doesn't emberass me.

Harry potter gets you grief because it's seen as geeky

twilight causes you social grief because you are following a crazy fad where you get people saying your an idiot just because you like something that makes you look like a follower.

well these things are made for enjoyment, people are assholes to say someone is stupid just because they like something. The thing is people think they are cooler by NOT following all the crazy fads, when they might just like them.:)

TR93
28-12-09, 21:35
People like different things some people like both some like neither, I like Twilight because it has different take on Vampires and I like Harry Potter is very original and well written, but I dont think its fair that people hate on HP because its seen as "Geeky" or Hate on Twilight because its seen as "Some love story", people like different things but Like Your* envy being a fan of Twilight I still wouldnt read the series again, I'd only ever re-read one book at best and that would be Eclipse:) whats annoying about liking Twilight is that no one really knew about it here until the movie came out, so everyone is seen as following the herd, and sometimes they are classed as followers because as they say "Everyone else likes it"

Your_Envy*
28-12-09, 21:45
Not to mention some people didn't even read the books and they already hate it. Books are way more different and I understand if you don't like them, it's your opinion, but before saying you hate everything about Twilight (or Harry Potter!), try to read at least one book. Maybe you will like it or maybe you will hate it even more, but at least you will know how it looks like.

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 21:46
Not to mention some people didn't even read the books and they already hate it. Books are way more different and I understand if you don't like them, it's your opinion, but before saying you hate everything about Twilight (or Harry Potter!), try to read at least one book. Maybe you will like it or maybe you will hate it even more, but at least you will know how it looks like.

Just for the record, I read the first two books before this fad began. I thought they were lame then and this fad has made it worse. ;)

larafan25
28-12-09, 21:47
^^True dat hommie G.

Ya I must agree with you, people should try stuff and figure out what they are talking about before bashing it:)

TR93
28-12-09, 21:47
^^ Fair enough;) but we all have different tastes...
I like the books... some people hate them...

McGloomy
28-12-09, 21:48
Bad question to begin with... but Harry Potter wins hands down. ;)

Your_Envy*
28-12-09, 21:48
Just for the record, I read the first two books before this fad began. I thought they were lame then and this fad has made it worse. ;)

I totally understand it, and you tried to read the books and you think they are lame. But some people didn't even touch the books and they hate Twilight/Harry Potter with all their hearts.

^^True dat hommie G.

Ya I must agree with you, people should try stuff and figure out what they are talking about before bashing it:)

Indeed. ^^

larafan25
28-12-09, 21:49
^^ Fair enough;) but we all have different tastes...
I like the books... some people hate them...

I like the movies, not sure about the books...I was actually agreeing with Envy...hence the double up...but then maybe you weren't replying to my post....hmmm...confusing:p

TR93
28-12-09, 21:52
:p I was replying to envy;) lol...

I like both th HP and Twilight movies... but still, I like both books series too:D

Catracoth
AND why?

How can you even compare the two? Twilight is utter crap and Harry Potter is sheer brilliance.

McGloomy
Just for the record, I read the first three Twilight books. I actually think about writing a guide where I tell people where the interesting parts of the books start (page 400...).

TR93
lol... Page 400 of which book:p?

TRfan23
28-12-09, 21:55
I've never read twilight, and never will as my sis said the beginning goes on about a girl ranting on how depressed she is.

Harry Potter it is, the books are better then the films and the games. Though still the films are pretty good, the games are okay but I get hell bored of them, and the 2nd game has long loadings, which put me off quite a bit.

silver_wolf
28-12-09, 22:18
I think the 2nd game was the best, though.

Legend 4ever
28-12-09, 22:30
I still play Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PC game. I love it, one of my fav games ever. I don't know why, but I just feel so cozy and happy playing it.

AmericanAssassin
28-12-09, 22:32
I still play Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone PC game. I love it, one of my fav games ever. I don't know why, but I just feel so cozy and happy playing it.

Me, too! *High Fives* (I've done that a lot today.) So good. :D

rowanlim
29-12-09, 00:52
Harry Potter trumps Twilight.

silver_wolf
29-12-09, 01:52
same with me, especially with CoS on the PC :D

mau3genius
29-12-09, 02:02
AND why?

Both are pretty different, no doubt about that. I prefer HP all the way. It's marvelous.

juicybubble
29-12-09, 02:34
Twilight
Its the only book i ever read and liked
I read the entire series in a month :ton:
But mostly because edward cullen= SOOOO SMEXY
Hairy potter= super nerd

silver_wolf
29-12-09, 02:36
it's because of people like you that this evil exists in the world.

juicybubble
29-12-09, 02:42
it's because of people like you that this evil exists in the world.

Your not aloud to greef other foruminites :ohn:

silver_wolf
29-12-09, 02:46
as a fellow foruminite, it's my admin-given right to attack every opinion you voice.:ohn:

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 02:48
Twilight
Its the only book i ever read and liked
I read the entire series in a month :ton:
But mostly because edward cullen= SOOOO SMEXY
Hairy potter= super nerd

Psh. Harry Potter = Amazing hero that could kick Edward Cullen's ass with a single spell. ;)

Legend of Lara
29-12-09, 02:58
Both are severely overrated, but Harry is somewhat decent in the very least.

I cannot think of a single positive point in Twilight. I read the first book out of curiosity and came out of it emotionally drained, an empty shell wishing for death.

In conclusion: I was able to read much of the HP series without losing my will to live, making it my choice.

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 02:59
OMG it's not about what characters are SAID TO BE, it's about what the writers make them to be. Twilight is all marketing, all empty talk, all theatrics and HP is substance.

I didn't find any of the Twilight characters to be what they are supposed to be. Edward is stupid, not powerful and mysterious, Bella is annoying and not sweet clumsy and different.
Their "love" is not real love, it's infatuation on Bella's side and Edward is possessive, stupid and mentally ill, playing under false pretenses of "protecting" Bella from Jacob. Dumb.

McGloomy
29-12-09, 09:28
I thought I was the only one... xD
Philosopher's Stone just feels like home to me... I played it first when I was eleven years old. :D

Nerd For Life
29-12-09, 10:28

:rolleyes:.

:vlol:

I prefer Harry Potter.

I thought I was the only one... xD
Philosopher's Stone just feels like home to me... I played it first when I was eleven years old. :D

*high-five* Me too!

Necromanser
29-12-09, 14:01
Harry Potter for sure.Firstly it's better written and the storyline isn't as cliche as the one in Twilight(Vampires against Werewolves?Forbidden love?All overworked concepts).And then there's the sparkly vampire crap.

lara c. fan
29-12-09, 14:05
I didn't find any of the Twilight characters to be what they are supposed to be. Edward is stupid, not powerful and mysterious, Bella is annoying and not sweet clumsy and different.
Their "love" is not real love, it's infatuation on Bella's side and Edward is possessive, stupid and mentally ill, playing under false pretenses of "protecting" Bella from Jacob. Dumb.

Try saying that to a Twilight fan in person...
Bring riot gear :p

Ada the Mental
29-12-09, 14:49
The two should not even be compared, IMO, but Harry Potter, despite its flaws, is just miles better in every single sense. Better story, better plot, better characters, better written.

I was convinced by my friends to read the first two Twilight books and I could barely get through the second. Bella Swan is probably the most pathetic fictional character I've ever read about.

Mrs_Bean
29-12-09, 15:06
This comic says it all. :D
(Breaking Dawn spoilers!) (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/259/d/3/Head_Trip____Breaking_Dawn____by_shinga.jpg)

lara c. fan
29-12-09, 15:44
This comic says it all. :D
(Breaking Dawn spoilers!) (http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/259/d/3/Head_Trip____Breaking_Dawn____by_shinga.jpg)

To damn right.

Los Angeles
29-12-09, 15:58
never read harry potter, just seems so dull and boring...

Lara Fan 4Life
29-12-09, 16:04
never read Twilight, just seems so dull and boring...

Just rephrased your post for you! :tmb: You're actually FAR from being right. HP books and the words dull and boring just don't go hand in hand.

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 16:08
Just rephrased your post for you! :tmb: You're actually FAR from being right. HP books and the words dull and boring just don't go hand in hand.

Seriously. :tmb: There's so much action and humor in the HP series, it's crazy. I love it. :D

Necromanser
29-12-09, 16:13
Seriously. :tmb: There's so much action and humor in the HP series, it's crazy. I love it. :D

There's a lot of humour in Twilight as well.When I saw that vampires sparkle and play baseball in their free time I laughed

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 16:15
There's a lot of humour in Twilight as well.When I saw that vampires sparkle and play baseball in their free time I laughed

Haha! :vlol: It's sad when the funny things in a series are things that are supposed to be serious. :p

ShadyCroft
29-12-09, 16:19
Harry Potter humor :vlol:

I remember laughing out so hard when Ron found the dress robes in his room and he was like "I'm never wearing that" and Mrs. Weasley said "Fine! Go naked".

I was on the floor picturing Ron. :vlol: Oh and the kiss. How was it ? Wet. Wow! are you a bad kisser ? you made her cry ? :vlol:

Edit: oooh oooh Trelawney !!! :vlol: zang she was funny "Oh my dear, beware, a red-hair man"

TR93
29-12-09, 16:21
Haha! :vlol: It's sad when the funny things in a series are things that are supposed to be serious. :p

:vlol: Its true:vlol: lol even as fan I admit that Twilight had those moments epecially in the 1st movie where its not MEANT to be funny yet everyone laughs!:vlol: but there wasnt any of those moments in New Moon, all the humour was MEANT to be there;) lol
though in the 1st Twilight movie all you had to do was look at Jaspers face to laugh:p

haha HP humor is awesome though:vlol: I remember watching HBP and just laughing so hard when Ron drank the Love Potion:vlol: well in the movie cos I never read the book of HBP lol:p

Lara Fan 4Life
29-12-09, 16:21
The sixth HP movie was by far the funnest! It had a great balance between humour and darkness! :tmb:

Necromanser
29-12-09, 16:25
Like the "true" love?If she loves Edward so much the why the hell did she go out with that wolf fella?And I can't fathom why they couldn't have sex, will she become a vampire or something?This book has more loose ends than relationships with two men

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 16:25
The sixth HP movie was by far the funnest! It had a great balance between humour and darkness! :tmb:

I agree. :tmb: It was hilarious! :D

Legend of Lara
29-12-09, 16:33
Like the "true" love?If she loves Edward so much the why the hell did she go out with that wolf fella?And I can't fathom why they couldn't have sex, will she become a vampire or something?This book has more loose ends than relationships with two men

Some of those questions are answered in The Spoony Experiment's review of New Moon. Not sure if I can post it here. It has BAD words!

Night Crawler
29-12-09, 17:02
Neither.

& True Blood > Twilight.

EscondeR
29-12-09, 19:32
Please keep lewd comments out of TRF :mis:

Lara c. fan you know what I'm about.

touchthesky
29-12-09, 19:55

:p

My little paragraph was hilarious though!

lara c. fan
29-12-09, 19:58

My bad :o
Sorry :o

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 20:03
True Blood > Twilight.

So true (but I love HP, too). :D

robm_2007
29-12-09, 20:16
ive never read or watch any Twilight (and dont plan to), and have read all 7 Harry Potter books, and watch movies 1-5; and i looove HP. Twilight just seems so, whatever. i never even heard of Twilight until the first movie came out, and i ask younger relatives that like Twilight, if they like the books or movies better, and they say they both are good. but they also say that they never read the books, and only watched the movies; so they cant say that the books are good.

so its like, are the books popular, or the movies?

silver_wolf
29-12-09, 20:30
Some of those questions are answered in The Spoony Experiment's review of New Moon. Not sure if I can post it here. It has BAD words!
yeah, he does a great job of intelligently pointing out why Twilight is a horrible "love" story.

da tomb raider!
29-12-09, 21:22
Neither!

Squibbly
29-12-09, 21:28
How exactly are these two things comparable? lol

TR93
29-12-09, 22:08

Jacob was Bella's best friend, she grew close to him while Edward left because he though he was protecting her, only to make things worse:p sorry Twi-nerd moment here!

As for "That" part:p...Edward is a vampire... strong powerful vampire:p Mwhahaha.. well kind:p... he would hurt her without even realizing and could end up killing her, though why he didnt just turn her to start with I have no idea:p
But the best thing about Twilight....Alice (And Carlisle and maybe Jasper)!:p lol... really she was one of my main reasons to keep reading especially New Moon:p Eclipse is the most bearable book...Twilight was the worst;)

But really the 2 series arent really comparable because they based on 2 completely different things, HP on Wizards and magic, Twilight on Vampires and werewolves, just that they are both movies and books doesnt really make them comparable

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 22:17
Twilight was the only one that was like a C grade book. Others are a waste of paper, our money and our brains.

msalpha2omega
29-12-09, 22:36
Nothing to add.

Same here. I'm ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with HP!:D (I've never read twilight, I saw the first movie and didn't like it. End.)

Ward Dragon
29-12-09, 22:49
I've read and enjoyed all of the Harry Potter books, although I thought the last few books dragged on a bit in places by focusing on Harry's angst instead of actually having something happen. Apparently Twilight consists of those HP sections that I hated, only worse :p I was actually tempted to read Twilight because I heard good things about the werewolf guy Jacob, but when I found out he turns into a pedophile I decided that was it, not going to read it.

So, Harry for the win :tmb:

Cochrane
29-12-09, 22:52
I've not read Twilight, but from what I heard about it, there can be no question that Harry Potter wins.

I'd prefer the same discussion about the Inheritance books. I did read those and have some pretty strong opinions there. :D

ShadyCroft
29-12-09, 23:02
I was actually tempted to read Twilight because I heard good things about the werewolf guy Jacob, but when I found out he turns into a pedophile I decided that was it, not going to read it.

What ?! :eek:

Ward Dragon
29-12-09, 23:14
I've not read Twilight, but from what I heard about it, there can be no question that Harry Potter wins.

I'd prefer the same discussion about the Inheritance books. I did read those and have some pretty strong opinions there. :D

I was interested in Eragon, but I heard it fails according to this guideline :p

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fiction_rule_of_thumb.png

What ?! :eek:

He bonds with a baby and chooses it to be his mate. I don't know the details and I don't want to know. Any way I look at it, that disturbs me.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-09, 23:19
both to be honest

both book series = :cln:

both films = :cln:

but to be honest judging the newest films of each i say twilight because harry potter seeed unfinished

NemesisxAngelus
29-12-09, 23:20
Neither.

Ada the Mental
29-12-09, 23:21
I was interested in Eragon, but I heard it fails according to this guideline :p

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fiction_rule_of_thumb.png

You know, I'm tempted to reread Eragon just to count how many times a) he passes out and b) the word "inexorably" is used.

The baby will apparently grow up super fast to make the creepiness more convenient. O_o

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-09, 23:24
You know, I'm tempted to reread Eragon just to count how many times a) he passes out and b) the word "inexorably" is used.

The baby will apparently grow up super fast to make the creepiness more convenient. O_o

a he passes out roughly 4/5 times
b - the word inexorably is hardly used

haha sorry im reading it now

Ada the Mental
29-12-09, 23:29
a he passes out roughly 4/5 times
b - the word inexorably is hardly used

haha sorry im reading it now

LOL, I remember it was used every other chapter. Maybe it was in Eldest.

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-09, 23:31
LOL, I remember it was used every other chapter. Maybe it was in Eldest.

im gonna have to check on that :ton: il have a look while im reading

cant believe u lot can be so down about the series - its one of my favorites! right up there with harry potter and twilight

Rai
29-12-09, 23:32
both to be honest

both book series = :cln:

both films = :cln:

but to be honest judging the newest films of each i say twilight because harry potter seeed unfinished

Well of course it seemed unfinished, there are more films to come and the film pretty much left the story open this time. :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
29-12-09, 23:38
Well of course it seemed unfinished, there are more films to come and the film pretty much left the story open this time. :vlol:

haha i know but it was like jumping scenes and if i hadnt read the book i would have been like huh

i do think it was really good though - i loved the bit where dumbledore and harry look for the horcrux in the sea cave
and the thing between ron and hermione was brilliant :)

McGloomy
29-12-09, 23:57
Just saw New Moon in the cinema today... Chris Weitz and the actors really gave their best, but there's just not enough plot in the actual book to make it a good movie.

toxicraider
29-12-09, 23:58
He bonds with a baby and chooses it to be his mate. I don't know the details and I don't want to know. Any way I look at it, that disturbs me.

He picks the baby as a soul mate (where they act as siblings for now).
But the baby is supposed to reach adulthood in about 7 years, whilst the werewolf doesn't age, so it's more disturbing that she'll be 70 and still be with him (aged 16) :p

Necromanser
30-12-09, 00:05
He picks the baby as a soul mate (where they act as siblings for now).
But the baby is supposed to reach adulthood in about 7 years, whilst the werewolf doesn't age, so it's more disturbing that she'll be 70 and still be with him (aged 16) :p
Is that legal?

Candee Sparks
30-12-09, 00:08
Harry Potter is the evident and obvious answer. Harry Potter spawns pure imagination and explores the bounaries of human nature, good/evil and Rowling created a world where countless wish they could live. Meyers wrote a soft-core porno spanning through 4 books that all have the most pathetic action scenes imaginable. Barbie of Swan Lake has more exciting action than any of Meyer's books; more suspence and more on the edge-of-your-seat moments. And for the record, I own all four books.

Legend 4ever
30-12-09, 00:13
Eragon is also one of the worst books ever written. He ripped off like, every movie and book series in the Universe.

Rai
30-12-09, 00:13
It's official from Cleverbot,as I said in that thread: User: Twilight or Harry Potter?

Cleverbot: Harry potter.

;)

Nerd For Life
30-12-09, 00:14
It's official from Cleverbot,as I said in that thread:

;)

Three cheers for Cleverbot! :)

Shark_Blade
30-12-09, 01:42
Harry Potter, no competition of course. ;)

TombRaiderLover
30-12-09, 01:46
Harry Potter = great
Twilight = crap

Fin.

Tommy123
30-12-09, 04:03
Harry Potter is the evident and obvious answer. Harry Potter spawns pure imagination and explores the bounaries of human nature, good/evil and Rowling created a world where countless wish they could live. Meyers wrote a soft-core porno spanning through 4 books that all have the most pathetic action scenes imaginable. Barbie of Swan Lake has more exciting action than any of Meyer's books; more suspence and more on the edge-of-your-seat moments. And for the record, I own all four books.

i agree

Hairhelmet12
30-12-09, 04:03
Harry Potter = great
Twilight = crap

Fin.

IYO

IMO
Harry Potter = CRAP
Twilight = CRAP

fin.

Single
30-12-09, 16:48
Twilight

After years saying I was dissagre with this type of series
Now, I love it
But I still hate the fans :ton:

AmericanAssassin
30-12-09, 17:11
Barbie of Swan Lake has more exciting action than any of Meyer's books; more suspence and more on the edge-of-your-seat moments.

Hahaha! :vlol: No words have ever been more true. :p

tomblover
30-12-09, 17:13
I have started to read Twilight and I must say that I don't really understand what the hype's about.

I mean, it's a good book, something to read for sure, but nothing remarkable about it.

But I guess the hype's more about the movie which I have yet to see because I wanna read the books first. :p

TR93
30-12-09, 20:45
^^ Trust me the books way better;)

silver_wolf
30-12-09, 23:03
I have started to read Twilight and I must say that I don't really understand what the hype's about.

I mean, it's a good book, something to read for sure, but nothing remarkable about it.

But I guess the hype's more about the movie which I have yet to see because I wanna read the books first. :p

^^ Trust me the books way better;)
Which is not saying much. The hype behind Twilight has nothing to do with literary excellence or anything like that, it's because of Edward and his "Adonis-like" body and his pale, sparkly skin, and his yellow, "soulful" eyes. Same thing goes for the movies. If they weren't 95% of werewolves and vampires slowly taking off their shirts as they walk towards the camera they would flop like they should. I don't have a problem if you're there for the eye-candy, but people who claim to be into the series for the story and romance are either bald-faced liars or have horrible taste in literature.

xXhayleyroxXx
30-12-09, 23:13
Eragon is also one of the worst books ever written. He ripped off like, every movie and book series in the Universe.

the only time i ever thought that was the names - eragon = aragorn, arya = arwen

but then eragon is like dragon so i took it back

i love the books

silver_wolf
31-12-09, 01:34
Well, with Eragon, if you substitute key words and names with ones from Star Wars, you've got Episode IV.

Laras Boyfr.
31-12-09, 15:30

why ?i love the 2 first books:cln:

TR93
31-12-09, 19:11
Which is not saying much. The hype behind Twilight has nothing to do with literary excellence or anything like that, it's because of Edward and his "Adonis-like" body and his pale, sparkly skin, and his yellow, "soulful" eyes. Same thing goes for the movies. If they weren't 95% of werewolves and vampires slowly taking off their shirts as they walk towards the camera they would flop like they should. I don't have a problem if you're there for the eye-candy, but people who claim to be into the series for the story and romance are either bald-faced liars or have horrible taste in literature.

I really dont care that much for Edward anyways!:p...Sorry... Edward fans:p
Twilight isnt good litteracy, I dont think its meant to be... its not the best written book in the world...
but its still a good read depending on what you like reading, but to compare it to HP is kind of...well not really fair,
Harry Potter isnt anything to do with Literary Exellence either, they may use more imagination but the books are still not master pieces,
and there are alot of differences between the 2 series, they are based on two completley different things, ones aimed at young people the other and young and teenage girls and Twilight is written in 1st person, HP isnt...
I think alot of the reason people make a connection between between these 2 series rather than between Twilight and other vampire books series is because Robert Pattinson appears in both

as for loving the romance... Yes I do enjoy the story, but I still dont still Twilight as being a master piece a writting, I dont see Harry Potter as that either... I just enjoy reading Twilight more.... because I do!:p lol its my taste in characters.... even as a fan I admit Twilight isnt that well written.

Lara Fan 4Life
31-12-09, 19:17
HP has branched out to adults, really HP is for all ages to enjoy, but Twilight has just one main group, that of teenage girls!

McGloomy
02-01-10, 12:46
http://www.spunkybean.com/commentary/1039-top-10-reasons-why-harry-potter-is-better-than-twilight9
Reason why Harry Potter is better than Twilight: "It just is."

Legend of Lara
02-01-10, 13:32
^^
I'm so glad we've established that. Case closed kthx. :D

Mai
02-01-10, 13:55
Harry potter by far... I cant stand twilight. Read one book and by the time i had finnished, was just like wtf...

Dina_Croft
02-01-10, 14:10
HP has branched out to adults, really HP is for all ages to enjoy, but Twilight has just one main group, that of teenage girls!

So my mum is a teenage girl?

McGloomy
02-01-10, 14:31
So my mum is a teenage girl?
http://mahcsig.com/drupal/files/Twilight_Moms.jpg

My mother has read the first three books and she thinks they're crap. She wants to read book 4 though. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
02-01-10, 14:31
why ?i love the 2 first books:cln:

you my dear, are my new friend :hug: xxx

Forwen
02-01-10, 14:39
I read the first Twilight book, and I'm mighty disappointed... I hoped it would be hilariously disastrous and it was simply vapid. Are the other books properly lulzworthy or just another overdose of mediocrity? :(

xXhayleyroxXx
02-01-10, 14:50
I read the first Twilight book, and I'm mighty disappointed... I hoped it would be hilariously disastrous and it was simply vapid. Are the other books properly lulzworthy or just another overdose of mediocrity? :(

well im a twilight fan but even i was like wtf :confused: at the last book - it's good but a bit...ummm weird?

Aranara
02-01-10, 15:11
My mother has read the first three books and she thinks they're crap. She wants to read book 4 though. :p

My mum read all of them because she was bored. And then I gave her a real book. Agatha Christie:p

digitizedboy
02-01-10, 15:15
I never understand the hype with either. But hey... how much longer can Harry Potter go on for? Especially the movies. I mean, will Radcliffe be playing Harry when he's in his late 20s?

Aranara
02-01-10, 15:22
I never understand the hype with either. But hey... how much longer can Harry Potter go on for? Especially the movies. I mean, will Radcliffe be playing Harry when he's in his late 20s?

Neah, the movies will end soon and he will become a no-name again.

Nerd For Life
02-01-10, 15:25

I doubt he'll be a 'no-name' after staring in movies whose franchise is one of the most known in the whole world.

Nannonxyay
02-01-10, 15:30
EDIT: Oh wait. You're talking about Daniel. LMFAO. xD

But yeah, I don't think Daniel's gonna just disappear of the radar. He's gonna be known forever for his role as HP.

Admles
02-01-10, 15:31
If I had his money I wouldn't care

It's not like he has to ever work again

Nerd For Life
02-01-10, 15:37
EDIT: Oh wait. You're talking about Daniel. LMFAO. xD

But yeah, I don't think Daniel's gonna just disappear of the radar. He's gonna be known forever for his role as HP.

I saw your post before you edited it, and I do agree. Robert Pattinson's an OK musician. :)

LightningRider
02-01-10, 15:50
Off-Topic: Where's the fighting? I went into this thread expecting Raquel *****ing! :ton:

Nerd For Life
02-01-10, 15:56
Wait for it. :p

LightningRider
02-01-10, 16:02
Wait for it. :p

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/Skipper_007/coffee1.gif

Nerd For Life
02-01-10, 16:07
Well I have no one to argue with! :(

Argue with me, plz? :p

LightningRider
02-01-10, 16:15
Well I have no one to argue with! :(

Argue with me, plz? :p

I would, but I'm being forced to go to sleep. Damnit.

I'll be back expecting a mod Warning! :D

TTV
02-01-10, 17:33
Twilight.
I don't like Harry Potter.

silver_wolf
02-01-10, 17:52
*twitch*