TombOfRaiders
29-12-09, 19:26
New Movie emerging!

http://i46.************/fyo7ch.jpg

Z8EA7EbFX4k

In Cinemas: 28th May 2010!

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 19:39
I love Jake. I can't wait for this movie:)

Minty Mouth
29-12-09, 19:40
I really like the font that they used.

What? No I'm not a geek!

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 19:43
OMG I hate the font. It looks like a font for a modern thriller or a movie like Up In The Air. I wish they had done sth like the game ones.

TombOfRaiders
29-12-09, 19:46
http://i47.************/n5nfxd.jpg

MattTR
29-12-09, 19:46
It's a Disney movie.. I'll pass.. :whi:

(JUST JOKING)! The Princess and the Frog rocked, I doubt this could come even close. ;)

TombOfRaiders
29-12-09, 19:50
This is Jerry Bruckheimer productions we're talking about, they produced Pirates of the Caribbean and that turned out at a great film.

Minty Mouth
29-12-09, 19:51
This is Jerry Bruckheimer productions we're talking about, they produced Pirates of the Caribbean and that turned out at a great film.

Yeah, the trailer does look pretty good!

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 19:51
It's a Disney movie.. I'll pass.. :whi:

(JUST JOKING)! The Princess and the Frog rocked, I doubt this could come even close. ;)

Jake is an amazing actor and that girl is sooo beautiful. Though I hate that they made him have a British accent. Prolly bcs she cannot do American accent.

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 19:52
The budget of this film alone guarantees instant success. It cost more than The Dark Knight to make. :mis:

Aranara
29-12-09, 19:54
I saw the trailer when I went to see Avatar but this doesn't make me say: "I wanna go see that movie!!!!"

larafan25
29-12-09, 19:57
I do believe there is already a thread for this:)

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 19:57
I saw the trailer when I went to see Avatar but this doesn't make me say: "I wanna go see that movie!!!!"

Well me neither, but I will see it for the sake of seing it. And plus, Jake can't screw up.

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 20:10
I can't wait for it, it's a Disney movie, and it has Jake, and it's based off of one of my favorite gaming series.:p

Major bonus is that it's written by the creator/writer of the PoP series.:D

TRhalloween
29-12-09, 20:13
Yeah, he's hot.

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 20:14
The only sad thing is that Tomb Raider will be knocked off its most-successful-film-based-on-a-video-game throne because of this. :(

MattTR
29-12-09, 20:14
Jake is an amazing actor and that girl is sooo beautiful. Though I hate that they made him have a British accent. Prolly bcs she cannot do American accent.

It's British? I never even really noticed in the trailer, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. But they aren't American either.. Prince of Persia. :p

I can't wait for it, it's a Disney movie, and it has Jake, and it's based off of one of my favorite gaming series.:p

Major bonus is that it's written by the creator/writer of the PoP series.:D

Wow, I had no idea it was written by the creator.. :eek: very nice to hear, I may actually be seeing it then.. way better then the fact the Tomb Raider movies' storyline greatly differs from the game ones.

Minty Mouth
29-12-09, 20:15
The only sad thing is that Tomb Raider will be knocked off its most-successful-film-based-on-a-video-game throne because of this. :(

When did it ever get that title?! :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 20:16
Wow, I had no idea it was written by the creator.. :eek: very nice to hear, I may actually be seeing it then.. way better then the fact the Tomb Raider movies' storyline greatly differs from the game ones.

Yup.:)

This movie's story is going to be different from the game's only for the sake of bringing a new experience to movies goers and fans. That way it's not the same experience if you've already played the Sands of Time, but it will keep the same atmosphere and tone of the game, while keeping some of the key elements from the game's story.:D

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 20:17

Sales... It's a fact. No movie based on a game has ever even compared in sales.

TRhalloween
29-12-09, 20:18

Guinness book of records :/

Minty Mouth
Sales... It's a fact. No movie based on a game has ever even compared in sales.

Well, that doesn't speak for quality!

Carbonek_0051
Guinness book of records :/

Yup.:p

AmericanAssassin

It's Hollywood. All that matters is money. :p

Minty Mouth
29-12-09, 20:19
It's Hollywood. All that matters is money. :p

Touché :o

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 20:19

IMO best movie based off a game goes to Silent Hill.:whi:

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 20:20
I've never seen Silent Hill. I consider TR to be an amazing movie. Not a great adaptation, but a good movie in general. :D

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 20:21
I've never seen Silent Hill.

Well get on it, it's the most faithful game to film adaption ever.:p

AmericanAssassin
29-12-09, 20:22
Well get on it, it's the most faithful game to film adaption ever.:p

I've never played Silent Hill. :vlol: I wouldn't know...

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 20:25
It's British? I never even really noticed in the trailer, but shouldn't be too much of a problem. But they aren't American either.. Prince of Persia. :p

Yeah, but why British accent? The thing that represents a problem to me is the fact that I believe she didn't want to lift her ass and try to do US accent and that's why Jake had to do British accent.

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 20:27
Yeah, but why British accent? The thing that represents a problem to me is the fact that I believe she didn't want to lift her ass and try to do US accent and that's why Jake had to do British accent.

No, it's because in the SoT games they had british accents, it has nothing to do with the actress.

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 20:29
They did? I've only played Warrior Within and POP 2008 and they had US accents. I didn't know they had British accents in the previous games.

Dustie
29-12-09, 20:29
To be honest with you the movie doesn't look promising to me. Don't know why, but it just seems bland, at least basing on the trailer.

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 20:31
They did? I've only played Warrior Within and POP 2008 and they had US accents. I didn't know they had British accents in the previous games.
In Sands of Time, Warrior Within, & The Two Thrones he had a british accent. That was all the same prince, but in the newest one he did have an American accent, and that was new prince who has nothing to do with the Sands of Time trilogy.:)

lara croft TR
29-12-09, 20:37
the trailer looks amazing (i don't know what else to say) ... :cln:

Ward Dragon
29-12-09, 20:39
I like the new font/title in the trailer and the new poster. It has more character than the original generic font.

Anyhow, the trailer looks quite intriguing but to be honest it reminds me more of Assassin's Creed than Prince of Persia. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not what I was expecting when I first heard about the movie.

British accent makes more sense based on the SoT trilogy because the US didn't exist yet, but Great Britain had colonized a good deal of the world including around India where the first game takes place :)

Surohicko
29-12-09, 20:49
Oh dear God :(

Legend 4ever
29-12-09, 21:53
In Sands of Time, Warrior Within, & The Two Thrones he had a british accent. That was all the same prince, but in the newest one he did have an American accent, and that was new prince who has nothing to do with the Sands of Time trilogy.:)

K, I don't remember his British accent in WW.

Carbonek_0051
29-12-09, 21:59
K, I don't remember his British accent in WW.

I just looked it up, and you're right. I remember him having one. I think it's because they got a different voice actor for WW, but then got the original one back for The Two Thrones.:p But either way, the prince is supposed to have an accent, they are even bringing back the voice actor for the new game coming out.:p

Trigger_happy
29-12-09, 22:00
Plus, British = posh in American media. If he's a prince, and she's a princess, they gotta sound posh. And Brits are always evil was well, so that's why Kingsley uses a British accent.

tombraiderluka
29-12-09, 22:01
Can't wait for this seriously, one of my favorite games turned into a freaking movie, and the trailer rocks :jmp: I just hope it's close to the game *worried*

Trigger_happy
29-12-09, 22:05
I've just realised how many of the cast are Brits: currently, I think Gyenhall is the only Yank in the film.