PDA

View Full Version : sideshimmey on swingpole

Titak
30-12-09, 14:01
I've been adding some extra moves to the PARRALLEL_BARS and they all work fine so far.
The one that has me confused however is making Lara shimmey sideways.

This is the script I started out with because I obviously don't want Lara to be able to shimmey into a wall.
Animation= 469, KEY1_ACTION + KEY1_LEFT, IGNORE, FAN_SET_BUSY_HANDS, ENV_NO_BLOCK_AT_LEFT, 512, IGNORE, -462 ;swingpole shimmey left
And indeed, Lara won't perform the move when there's a wall at her left. But she already refuses to perform the move when she is in the middle between the first and second tiles. She also stops performing the move when she starts shimmeying sideways further away from the wall.

So the move is activated but I would very much like her to be able to go all the way to the wall, liek she can with her ledge shimmeying.

I also tried other script entries (changing the 512 to another number does not make a difference) like ENV_IN_LEFT_SIDE_SECTOR, even combined with ENV_NON_TRUE and ENV_MULTI_CONDITION in all sorts of ways.
But she either stops one tile away from the wall or goes inside it for a bit. :hea:

Any suggestion of what else I could try?
Or is what I want maybe not possible at all?

**** EDIT ****
Btw, I also want Lara to stop when there's an object.
See, I want to use an object (invisible or not, depending on the looks of the pole) to make sure she can't shimmey off the end of the pole and keeps on shimmeying in thin air.
Is this possible?

Titak
30-12-09, 14:13
@ Raymond:
I also posted this question on Skribblerz forum.
Might be easiest if you would reply there, in case you know of something I could try/use/do.

Piega
30-12-09, 14:22
Speaking for getting used to typing dutch, you might want to learn to type like as you type liek a lot :D

Just teasing you and also cannot help you. I must make a level with TRNG some day to learn al that scripting!

Raymond
30-12-09, 15:03
Better use ENV_DISTANCE_NORTH_WALL (and other directions). In this condition you can use an exact distance in units to the wall.
For moveables ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_LEFT or Right should make it. To prevent Lara from shimmying in thin air you could use an invisible moveable.

Titak
30-12-09, 15:25
Speaking for getting used to typing dutch, you might want to learn to type like as you type liek a lot :D
So true. For some odd reason I tend to type letters in the wrong order. Liek, teh, adn, soem, goign, things like that. My fingers move to fast or something. No idea why it happens so often.
I know how it's been spelled, no problems when writing with a pen on paper, only with typing it goes wrong. :o

Thanks for the quick reply Raymond. :hug:
Since I want Lara to be able to shimmey in all directions I suppose I'll have to put all the ENV_DISTANCE_***_WALL and both ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_*** conditions in a MultEnvCondition= line?
I'll try. :D

The invisible object is exactly what I was thinking off. :D
Do you happen to know if it only works with movables or also with statics?
Saves me some extra testing. :p

Raymond
30-12-09, 15:55
Yes, there must be all ENV-conditions in combined as OR-condition. Itīs only possible for moveables here.

Titak
30-12-09, 16:05
Oh my! Ofcourse.
So ENV_MULT_OR_CONDITION must be used.

I'm going to test now.
The script is finished.

TheBloodRed
30-12-09, 16:10
Oh my! Ofcourse.
So ENV_MULT_OR_CONDITION must be used.

I'm going to test now.
The script is finished.

Grats!!! :D

Titak
30-12-09, 16:16
What makes you think it is working already? :p

I used 256 in the DistanceForEnv field for each wall but she refuses to shimmey sideways, no matter how far away she is from the walls.
Going to try other values now...

*** EDIT ***
Other values make no difference.
She refuses to perform the move at all times.

Current script:
Animation= 469, KEY1_ACTION + KEY1_LEFT, IGNORE, FAN_SET_BUSY_HANDS, ENV_MULT_OR_CONDITION, 5, IGNORE, -462 ;swingpole shimmey left
MultEnvCondition= 5, ENV_DISTANCE_NORTH_WALL, 128, IGNORE, ENV_DISTANCE_EAST_WALL, 128, IGNORE, ENV_DISTANCE_SOUTH_WALL, 128, IGNORE, >
ENV_DISTANCE_WEST_WALL, 128, IGNORE, ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_LEFT, 128, ANIMATING16_MIP, ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_RIGHT, 128, ANIMATING16_MIP ;swingpole shimmey left

Raymond
30-12-09, 16:52
I have tested the wall conditions to trigger something and they are working perfectly.

Titak
30-12-09, 17:39
So my script looks okay to you?

I'm still a bit confused. Looks to me like the script is now telling the game to only perform the move when the distance to the wall is...
And the move shouldn't take place when Lara is close to a wall.

Btw, I'm using version 1.2.1.9.
Which version are you using?

Raymond
30-12-09, 17:49
Yes, thatīs true.:whi: For your situation the conditions have to be inverted with ENV_NON_TRUE.

Shakira Croft
30-12-09, 18:17
Obviously !

I didn't think about ENV_MULT_OR_CONDITION, that's why it didn't function

Thank's :hug:

Titak
30-12-09, 18:22
Yes, thatīs true.:whi: For your situation the conditions have to be inverted with ENV_NON_TRUE.Tried it already, but now she goes inside the walls again. :hea:

Shakira Croft
30-12-09, 18:34
Just one question Titia, which state Id have you got?

ViNi__
30-12-09, 18:39
Hmmm... I'm not a TRNG expert, but have you already tried ENV_POS_LEFT_CORNER and ENV_POS_RIGHT_CORNER ? :confused:

Raymond
30-12-09, 18:56
Titia, this is necessarly so because of the relatons to the different walls. I try to find a solution.
Sorry Vini, thatīs no help.

ViNi__
30-12-09, 18:59
I said I was no expert :p

Raymond
30-12-09, 19:30
Good, this is a good training in logic thinking.:p In this case it must be the normal ENV_MULT_CONDITION and as already said all the wall conditins made non true. Then it works.:jmp:

Titak
31-12-09, 08:53
Good training in logic thinking indeed. :vlol:
Going to try your suggestion now. :D It's about the only combination option I haven't tried yet! :vlol:

@ ShakiraCroft:
I'm using StateID 99 on those custom shimmey animations.
Lara lets go of the bar when I use the StateID30 which is the stateID for the shimmey-on-ledge animations.

**** EDIT ****
Guess what? She goes into the walls again. :hea:

**** EDIT 2 ****
Yes!!!!!! It is working now!!!!!!
It didn't work the first time because the distance I used (128) was too small. I'm now using 512 and it is working with the walls!!!! :yah: :jmp: :yah:
256 for the distance works also with my animations. :D

Animation= 469, KEY1_ACTION + KEY1_LEFT, IGNORE, FAN_SET_BUSY_HANDS, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 5, IGNORE, -462 ;swingpole shimmey left
MultEnvCondition= 5, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_NORTH_WALL, 512, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_EAST_WALL, 512, IGNORE, >
ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_SOUTH_WALL, 512, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_WEST_WALL, 512, IGNORE, >
ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_LEFT, 512, ANIMATING16_MIP, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_RIGHT, 512, ANIMATING16_MIP ;swingpole shimmey left

Animation= 470, KEY1_ACTION + KEY1_RIGHT, IGNORE, FAN_SET_BUSY_HANDS, ENV_MULT_CONDITION, 6, IGNORE, -462 ;swingpole shimmey right
MultEnvCondition= 6, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_NORTH_WALL, 512, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_EAST_WALL, 512, IGNORE, >
ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_SOUTH_WALL, 512, IGNORE, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_DISTANCE_WEST_WALL, 512, IGNORE, >
ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_LEFT, 512, ANIMATING16_MIP, ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_RIGHT, 512, ANIMATING16_MIP ;swingpole shimmey right

It doesn't work for the object yet, but I might need an object which has collision?
Easy enough to check. :D

Also, when Lara shimmeys to the left and stops in front of the wall, she can turn around 180 degrees so she faces the other way. She then refuses to shimmey to the left again (away from the wall).
It's as if the true condition for the wall (east wall in this case) is stored somewhere and the game thinks the east wall is still on her left after turning around.
Because if she turns around before having been stopped by the wall, she can still go both ways.
Same goes for shimmeying to the right and being stopped by the wall.

Shakira Croft
31-12-09, 10:26
Thank's for the answer ;)
Have you thje same cust commande as me ?

Customize= CUST_PARALLEL_BARS, PB_LARA_CAN_SLIDE+PB_PROGRESSIVE_CHARGE+PB_DOUBLE_ FACE+PB_SHOW_CHARGE_BAR+PB_MULTIPLE_ENDINGS, IGNORE, 2

Titak
31-12-09, 11:00
No, I'm not using that at all.
I customized my swingpole with a lot of new animations for it and that didn't work combined with the customize scripts.

Raymond
31-12-09, 11:11
@Titia
No, Titia, itīs just the way we have it programmed for now. If she is close to the wall, she canīt shimmy to the right or left regardless where the wall is. So you have to add somehow, that no wall must be to the left for leftward shimmying and no wall to the right for rightward shimmying.
There are several, not so simple ways to do this.:D
I suggest this one (here for leftward shimmying):
1. Do the animation command for enabling the animation completely without ENV-condition.
2. Add a Global Trigger (GT), which executes a triggergroup (TG), which supresses the use of the leftward key, if Lara fullfills certain ENV-conditions and is on the bar (has ceertain state-IDīs) and otherwise the leftward key will be enabled (triggered in the new last GT-argument).
For the Env-conditions: Do a MultEnvCond with the distances to the four walls. Do a second one which referres to the first one via ENV_MULT_OR_CONDITION and the second Env-condition is ENV_NON_TRUE + ENV_NO_BLOCK_AT_LEFT for your blocking objects. Then do a third one with ENV_MULT_CONDITION referring to the second one and the condition ENV_ITEM_EXTRA_AT_LEFT. Then you transport this third one into the condition trigger for the GT: Multiple condition of <#>MultEnvCondition script command in (E)way; (E) : In OR way ... .

I think, this is the most elegant way to solve it.:jmp: You must do this also for the rightward shimmy of course.

Titak
31-12-09, 12:50
Funny, I was already looking into GT's for something to somehow undo the effect fo the script once another move is performed.
But I still hardly know anything about GT's so no solution came to mind. :o

Okay, let's see if I can make it work with your suggestion.
Good training to get to know more about GT's. :D

I'll come screaming again when I get stuck at some point. :p

Shakira Croft
01-01-10, 20:22
This is what happen when i try to shimmey on my parallel-bars :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZDbTGl4m0

(yes they are invisible ^^)

Titak
02-01-10, 10:01
Looks like you have a speed assigned to the animation. Or the SetPosition command in the animation is wrong: updating her position in forward direction instead of sideways.
It might also be caused by a wrong StateID. Which StateID are you using?

Shakira Croft
02-01-10, 16:21
the same as the one you gave me: 99

Yes i have a speed assigned: 14

Shakira Croft
02-01-10, 16:21
the same as the one you gave me: 99

Yes i have a speed assigned: 14

Titak
02-01-10, 16:25
Double post. :p

Put 0 in the speed field and you should be okay.

Shakira Croft
02-01-10, 16:27
Oh yes... didn't see ^^

Ok i try ;)

Titak
02-01-10, 16:31
Did you use Lara's original shimmey animations (136 and 137).
If so then you'll have to edit them manually to make Lara actually go sideways.
The StateID of Lara's original animations make her go sideways with the speed assigned to them, but that does not work when you put the shimmey animations in another slot (I also tried the shimmey StateIDs but Lara dropped off the bar then... :()

Shakira Croft
02-01-10, 16:39
Yes like me... but in next anim' you also put 479 (which is the number of my shimmey animation) ?

What do you mean to make her go sideways?
Because now she doesn't go forward anymore but she stands at the same place?

Shakira Croft
07-01-10, 10:38
When I want Lara to change direction when she is static on the pole, I have to put my animation, and have I to make another animation with only one frame ?

(StateID 99 is correct?)

Titak
07-01-10, 12:17
In animation Editor or another animation program you need to move Lara a bit sideways with each frame, so she actually goes sideways when shimmying. So she won't stay in the same place. You then have to assign a "SetPosition" command to the last frame of the animation so Lara's position gets updated so she won't go back to her beginning position. (you'll have to calculate how much she needs to be moved. It's the difference between the positionvalues of the first frame and those of the last frame)

StateID 99 for turn-around is correct.
For the turn-around animation to work correctly, you'll have to make a copy of the last frame, paste it at the end of the animation and turn it 180 degrees so Lara is facing her original direction again. Then assign the "Change Direction" command to this last frame.

Shakira Croft
07-01-10, 14:35
Thank you really much Titia :hug:

I didn't try the shimmey but the turn-around seems to work =D

EDIT: only one probleme, when che turn-around, she is beside the bar
I think I have to put a Set Position but I don't know how it function :(

Kapu
11-01-10, 02:34
Titak, this is a shot in the dark considering this person hasn't logged into their YouTube account in 7 mouths, but maybe you can try contacting the author of this video to see how they were able to make Lara shimmy.

ynJ9pFGO1uU

Titak
11-01-10, 09:55
It's not the shimmying itself that's the problem. I can make that happen, no problem.
It's to prevent her from going into walls and objects.
Well, walls isn't much of a problem either if I would settle for a distance of about a whole block, but I'd like her to be able to get closer to the wall.
And that in itself isn't a real problem either but things start to get buggy when she performs other animtations in between, like turning around 180 degrees. :)

But maybe that person knows something more about it than I do. :D

Kapu
12-01-10, 23:43
Oh, sorry. :( I misread what what the problem was. All the TRNG scripting threw me off...

Sorry 'bout that.

TombRaider4444
24-01-10, 20:57
I'm using NGLE and TRep and made a side shimmy on the pole rope. However lara shimmys in to thin air or into a wall. Can i use some type of wad merger script or something

Titak
24-01-10, 21:00
You're not using TRNG, so you better ask this question in the regular TRLE section, since TRNG solutions won't work for you.

(I don't know how to fix it with TREP.)