PDA

View Full Version : Book Emergency!!!

:}hello friend
04-01-10, 18:02
My mom had borrowed a Twilight book off my cousin's friend, and recently our small puppy tore a page out of the book forcing my mom to buy a new one for her. But last night while I was asleep. Our puppy got the book out of my backpack and chewed on the book leaving noticeable bitemarks in the book. I told my mom and she blames it on me. Now I have the book with tore page and she is expecting the book tomorrow. We don't have enough money to drive to Wal-Mart to get another book. Please! What can I do to fix this!

Jack Croft
04-01-10, 18:03
Just blame the teeth marks on the vampires if shes a fan she believe it. :ton:

Aranara
04-01-10, 18:04
Can't you go to the bookstore and ask for a replacement because the page was already bitten? :p

irjudd
04-01-10, 18:04
Did you try the toothpaste trick?

Lara's Nemesis
04-01-10, 18:06
I recommend buying these for the dog, it's done you a favour really.;)

http://i50.************/2iw1103.jpg

04-01-10, 18:11
What is the toothpaste trick?

04-01-10, 18:12
Can't you go to the bookstore and ask for a replacement because the page was already bitten? :p

The nearest bookstore is Wal-Mart for us.
Double post sorry :(...

Love2Raid
04-01-10, 18:21
Just hand her both books and tell the truth. Offer her to get her a new book (whenever you can), if she wants it.

Can't blame the dog for hating Twilight. ;)

miss.haggard
04-01-10, 18:24

This works, judd suggested it once to me and it saved my beloved Han Solo Adventures book. Im sure if you PM him enough hell tell you how to do it!

04-01-10, 18:26
Just hand her both books and tell the truth. Offer her to get her a new book (whenever you can), if she wants it.

Can't blame the dog for hating Twilight. ;)

Thats the problem, I don't know the person, my cousin got the book from her friend and gave it to my mom so she could read it. My cousin has to return the book to her, and explain what happened to her, and that could ruin her friendship with her...

Jo269976
04-01-10, 18:27
The dog did her a favor.

Twice ^_^

Lavinder
04-01-10, 18:38

What the hell is this?

Ward Dragon
04-01-10, 18:40
Can you tape the page back in? Or take the equivalent of the missing page from the chewed book and put it into the torn book? :p

What the hell is this?

He's being a smartass again :p The toothpaste trick is for scratched discs. Basically sometimes if you polish it with toothpaste it might make the disc readable (but it didn't work for me when I tried it).

04-01-10, 18:51
Can you tape the page back in? Or take the equivalent of the missing page from the chewed book and put it into the torn book? :p

He's being a smartass again :p The toothpaste trick is for scratched discs. Basically sometimes if you polish it with toothpaste it might make the disc readable (but it didn't work for me when I tried it).

I don't think I said this... but the page is torn in half... can I still tape it without making the tape noticeable?

Laralissa
04-01-10, 18:56
For Gods sake, its only Twilight. Im sure this person wont be too upset if you just tell them the truth and tape it up or something. Tell them you're sorry and all that, offer to buy him/her a new one and it'll all be fine. Im sure they wont want you to buy a new one, but they'll appreciate the offer and realise you didnt do it on purpose - its only a bloody page.

If it was a rare edition of Pride and Prejudice then I might be able to see the problem, but since its only twilight, a book you can get for 3 on amazon, Im sure they'll survive.

Mystery-King
04-01-10, 19:52
Just 'fess up. Don't try and hide it. Tell it to her straight but let her know how sorry you are and if needs be, you'll replace it at a later date. It's only a book at the end of the day, so it's a crap reason really to end a friendship because her mate got a page torn in her friends book. Don't try and hide it by sticking it together. That may make things worse sometimes, so just give it back to her and be really apologetic. ;)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
04-01-10, 20:05
My mom had borrowed a Twilight book off my cousin's friend, and recently our small puppy tore a page out of the book forcing my mom to buy a new one for her. But last night while I was asleep. Our puppy got the book out of my backpack and chewed on the book leaving noticeable bitemarks in the book. I told my mom and she blames it on me. Now I have the book with tore page and she is expecting the book tomorrow. We don't have enough money to drive to Wal-Mart to get another book. Please! What can I do to fix this!

Now if only we can unleash your dog on the Twilight Fanfiction server...

AmericanAssassin
04-01-10, 20:06
Your puppy had the right idea. Rip that trash the shreds. :p

Aranara
04-01-10, 20:07
Your puppy had the right idea. Rip that trash the shreds. :p

:vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
04-01-10, 21:57
I don't think I said this... but the page is torn in half... can I still tape it without making the tape noticeable?

you can always try and see :p try make the tape really thin but strong enough so it's doesn't fall apart again

write a little note and put it inside the book saying what happened :o

jackles
04-01-10, 22:01
you can always try and see :p try make the tape really thin but strong enough so it's doesn't fall apart again

write a little note and put it inside the book saying what happened :o

and put a pic of the puppy in as well!! That should melt any heart!

xXhayleyroxXx
04-01-10, 22:02
and put a pic of the puppy in as well!! That should melt any heart!

omg, yes!! :ton: thats a good idea ;) xxxx

jackles
04-01-10, 22:34
Actually you could go the whole hog and do the note from the puppy, a 'please don't be cross at me but I found this book tasty' sort of thing. I know I would be less annnoyed by that! :D Especially if twinned with a appealing puppy pic.

xXhayleyroxXx
04-01-10, 22:37
Actually you could go the whole hog and do the note from the puppy, a 'please don't be cross at me but I found this book tasty' sort of thing. I know I would be less annnoyed by that! :D Especially if twinned with a appealing puppy pic.

omg yes! :cln: omg the OP soooo has to do that - signed with the puppy's paw-print xxx

jackles
04-01-10, 22:38
omg yes! :cln: omg the OP soooo has to do that - signed with the puppy's paw-print xxx

AHHH the added refinement!

:)

I like it!

xXhayleyroxXx
04-01-10, 22:39
AHHH the added refinement!

:)

I like it!

we've sorted the problem ;) it's official xxx It just has to be done :ton:

silver_wolf
04-01-10, 22:59
Good doggy! :)

Minty Mouth
04-01-10, 23:01
Really, you can do nothing more than offer to buy another copy when you can.

Jackles' idea works too :p

05-01-10, 00:08
Thanks for the advice everyone, I got her phone number and called her, she laughed and said the she had about 3 backup's for that book. I'm just glad she didn't get mad...

Love2Raid
05-01-10, 00:12
That's great! Good to hear things didn't go as bad as you feared. You never know with those Twilight fangirls...:pi:

Legend of Lara
05-01-10, 00:15
she had about 3 backup's for that book.

And that is being obsessive.

Such a smart dog with a keen eye for literature, though. Send him my regards. ;)