PDA

View Full Version : Major snow in England

Pages : [1] 2 3

T-Sex
05-01-10, 07:51
At least where i am. Car won't start so i dont have to do anything except sit at home today :D

This is meant to go on for 2 weeks. 2 weeks of snow, seriously :(
I want it to stop already. I made a snowman and now im bored with snow :p

Anyone else annoyed by the snow?

Lavinder
05-01-10, 07:53
Bloody hell - I'm so jealous. My boyfriend is off today because of the snow and I have to go in! Wan't the holidays to last forever :(.

moodydog
05-01-10, 07:54
yaay.. my college is closed!! as with many :D :D

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 08:01
No snow where I live in the UK, :(

T-Sex
05-01-10, 08:04
No snow where I live in the UK, :(

Lol where? I thought there was snow everywhere in England/Wales and most of Scotland today.

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 08:08
Lol where? I thought there was snow everywhere in England/Wales and most of Scotland today.

Midlands, only a really hard frost.

betacra5
05-01-10, 08:17
I haven't finished my college coursework and this snow is perfect for me, gives me a chance to get it done at last. :D

CuteKittenlol
05-01-10, 08:20
Its like 5inches thick where i am in Sheffield :/ Why it couldnt have started snowing in the afternoon so i could miss college but get my laptop, now im not going to college but obviously i doubt my freakin' laptop will come, not a happy bunny.

Edit- College just text me that its closed, LOL..wouldnt have gone in anyways.

moodydog
05-01-10, 08:32
ma garden basically looks like a fortres of ice or something from the lion witch and wardrobe.

Saphyre
05-01-10, 09:03
I, like a fool, walked all the way to work in the snow. Walking down the main road was like bloody question time with people winding down their windows asking me how the roads were up ahead. Can't blame them though, the roads were in deadlock.

marla_biggs
05-01-10, 09:21
It's just very frosty here.. It's realli annoying.

adventurerLara
05-01-10, 09:35
Apparently, snow in my area is supposed to be forecast for the next few days, fingers crossed. ;)

T-Sex
05-01-10, 09:48
Its really deep now where i am. Its several inches and its still snowing steadily. at least it gives me an excuse to do nothing all day :p

Changeling
05-01-10, 09:54
From what I've seen so far (and it may have changed, bear that in mind), the snow that England and Wales are getting is the snow that us in the north of Scotland get every Winter. I mean, I remember watching a news report that consisted of SHOCKING N00Z - DERE'Z LIEK SNOW EVARYWHARE!!!11 and the amount of schools and colleges that had been closed was unbelievable... yet up here we deal with that every Winter. :p Nothing gets closed up here with that kind of snow, we have to deal with it.

Pansies! :ton:

Croft, Lara
05-01-10, 10:01
Our main town has been gridlocked with most schools closed.

I've just taken my dog for a walk in it and it felt like I was in Narnia!!!

jackali
05-01-10, 10:12
There's not much snow down here. It's a bit frosty though. I hope we get snow soon.

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 10:15
Still no snow and the frost has melted. :(

T-Sex
05-01-10, 10:16
Its still snowing here and getting thicker. Most or all nearby schools are clsoed, which is good news if you go to school i guess :p

Trigger_happy
05-01-10, 11:16
No snow here, but its like -4 C or something silly.

digitizedboy
05-01-10, 11:28
Great! It gives me a chance to show my snow sculpting skills. lol

Surohicko
05-01-10, 11:35
More snow here, im so happy :jmp:

scion05
05-01-10, 11:45
College is shut lol, meaning it probably will be tomorrow aswell...

YAY!

x2crazyidiot
05-01-10, 11:45
I hate it to be honest, I was getting pretty bored by the end of the holidays and was looking forward to going back to school, but now this snow is crap :|

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 11:47
There's not much snow down here. It's a bit frosty though. I hope we get snow soon.Yeah, same here. I'm in Kent so I'm not exactly far from where you are.

Anniversary Lara
05-01-10, 14:00
Here in Germany we have a lot of snow too. And they predict there will be snow for the next few weeks aswell. They also say there will be a snowstorm this weekend. I'm a little concerned whenever I have to drive with my car. But in general I'm cool with snow :)

touchthesky
05-01-10, 14:00
Snow up here in Scotland is getting beyond a bloody joke.

:hea:

I was almost stuck at work last night. My boyfriend Mum IS stuck at work today.

It's annoying.

Go away.

tombraiderluka
05-01-10, 14:01
OMG it has begun..the ICE AGE :yik: :yik: :yik: :yik:

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 14:01
They postponed off the Carling Cup semi-final matches because of this snow. I would've been going round the pub to watch Villa thrash Blackburn right about now had it not been for the snow! :mad:

Go away snow, you are not welcome in Britain anymore if you interfere with football.

digitizedboy
05-01-10, 14:06
It wouldn't have been cancelled if it was played at Villa Park. But I agree there, it sucks when games get cancelled. Especially if you're actually planned to go down the grounds. :|

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 14:07
It wouldn't have been cancelled if it was played at Villa Park. But I agree there, it sucks when games get cancelled. Especially if you're actually planned to go down the grounds. :|Of course not. The northerners are just wimps. :p

...That and the fact that the snow is really bad up there from what I heard.

tomblover
05-01-10, 14:10
I heard it's gonna get up to -40 degrees Celsius here during the night... :eek:

T-Sex
05-01-10, 14:15
Go away snow, you are not welcome in Britain anymore if you interfere with football.

Thats one of the reasons it should STAY. :D

*Runs away*

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 14:18
Thats one of the reasons it should STAY. :D

*Runs away*No. Just no...

T-Sex
05-01-10, 14:21
No. Just no...

Yes. Just yes...

*Continues running*

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 14:24
Yes. Just yes...

*Continues running*No one forces you to watch it you know.

disneyprincess20
05-01-10, 14:25
No one forces you to watch it you know.

But it is fairly ubiquitous. It annoyed me more when I didn't have any interest in football. It's pretty hard to get away from football at times.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 14:26
No one forces you to watch it you know.

Except that when im trying to watch the news they say about 1 second of news followed by hours of football scores. So if snow means that the news programmes will actually announce news now, its good.

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 14:27
Except that when im trying to watch the news they say about 1 second of news followed by hours of football scores. So if snow means that the news programmes will actually announce news now, its good.Lol, no. They have like 2 minutes for football and that's only for the big teams.

It's only delaying the inevitable. Some Premier League games might get postponed so you're just gonna have to put up with more football than usual in a couple of weeks. :D

Reggie
05-01-10, 14:28
No snow down here. Bit of ice and hail this morning but that's it for the far south of England.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 14:29
Lol, no. They have like 2 minutes for football and that's only for the big teams.

It's only delaying the inevitable. Some Premier League games might get postponed so you're just gonna have to put up with more football than usual in a couple of weeks. :D

The longer it delays it the better.

Minty Mouth
I am aware of this. I just walked home in it.

Are anyone elses feet really cold? :/

Mad Tony
The longer it delays it the better.The more you have to put up with at a later date then.

No snow down here. Bit of ice and hail this morning but that's it for the far south of England.I don't think anywhere in the south has much snow now. It's all up north.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 14:31
The more you have to put up with at a later date then.

"The more"? So if its delayed, when it finally arrives they somehow prolong it for some reason? :whi:

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 14:35
"The more"? So if its delayed, when it finally arrives they somehow prolong it for some reason? :whi:No, that's not what I meant. Because there isn't as much on this week, there'll be more in the coming weeks, thus you'll have to put up with more in those weeks than you would've done had the games not been postponed.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 14:37
No, that's not what I meant. Because there isn't as much on this week, there'll be more in the coming weeks, thus you'll have to put up with more in those weeks than you would've done had the games not been postponed.

f27IqVo5-Oc

No more needs to be said :p

Its stopped snowing here. I kinda hope it starts up again.

digitizedboy
05-01-10, 14:39
I am aware of this. I just walked home in it.

Are anyone elses feet really cold? :/

Yes, my feet are bloody cold and I'm still indoors wearing thick socks and trainers.

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 14:40
It snowed here in Wales too! :)

lararoxs
05-01-10, 14:52
It was -8 last night and -9 the night before, we of course had snow last night. No school as they were stupid and did nothing about the 2" of sheer ice on the car parks and school grounds, it doesn't help that the council haven't done anything. I think we are forecast more up to the weekend but that's as far ahead they can 'judge' yet it doesn't look like it's giving up after then either.

remote91
05-01-10, 14:53
I just went sledging with my mates.

It was the best day of these christmas holidays :D

Orionvalentine
05-01-10, 14:54
Pretty much a snowy tundra in the Midlands, I'm in two minds as to whether I like it or not :p

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 14:59
Got weather warning for tonight and tomrrow for heavy snow, should be fun.

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 14:59
Yay.

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:00
Check here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 15:02
I'm Borderline Be Prepared/ Be Aware.

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:05
I'm Borderline Be Prepared/ Be Aware.

Awesome! :jmp:

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 15:08
Awesome! :jmp:

Hopefully this means no school. Unlikely though. :|

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 15:16
I'm in be aware. Wonder if college will get canceled tomorrow. There isn't really much snow but the ice is incredibly bad. Our pond is frozen about an inch thick.

lararoxs
05-01-10, 15:17
We are like be aware =/ Not that good, hopefully the icy car parks and grounds will violate health and safety! Haha, I don't think I have ever had to be happy about a health and safety violation!

T-Sex
05-01-10, 15:20
"Heavy Snow & Widespread Icy Roads"

Yesss!

Dark Lugia 2
05-01-10, 15:23
I hope my college is closed tomorrow. Its such a ****ing pain walking home on the slippy ice -__-

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 15:23
I Fell on that Ice.

*Shakes Fist*

T-Sex
05-01-10, 15:24
I Fell on that Ice.

*Shakes Fist*

Lol. This morning i slipped and broke some glass in my garden. The grass in my garden has ice on it, its that cold :(

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 15:25
Lol. This morning i slipped and broke some glass in my garden. The grass in my garden has ice on it, its that cold :(

Oof! :(, I Have to walk to school in this weather!

:(

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 15:26
I hope my college is closed tomorrow. Its such a ****ing pain walking home on the slippy ice -__-

*sigh* I can dream along with you :p

Greenkey2
05-01-10, 15:27
Here in northern Nottinghamshire there's at least 6 inches/15 cm. It wasn't so bad when I decided to pop out for extra milk etc around noon.

Worst idea ever. What should have taken twenty minutes took nearly an hour. And to cap it all my car couldn't cope with the gradient going back up my street (we live at the top of a hill). My car is now parked in the pub car park at the bottom of the hill, and will most likely remain there until the snow thaws, the roads gets cleared or I find a team of huskies to drag it back up :rolleyes:

As I type, the night is drawing in and the temperature is plummeting.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 15:27
I tried to make a snowman a couple of hours ago, and when it was looking intensely brilliant and almost finished i slipped forwards and crushed it. I was gonna have a snowball fight as well, but ill probabaly get killed in it somehow :p

Lavinder
05-01-10, 15:33
Everything is white over here now, and my college was cancelled at 12, and it may be cancelled tomorrow =].

Rivendell
05-01-10, 15:34
It's mental snow where I live. :( I hate it.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 15:37
Its getting dark now, so the temperature should be dropping. I really hope it snows overnight :whi:

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:39
Yeah got rly dark and colder now, I feel snow coming my hearties!

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 15:44
Yeah got rly dark and colder now, I feel snow coming my hearties!

More? :p

Phys
05-01-10, 15:46
Freezing here! About 5 inches of snow. There is a high chance the bus service may be stopped within the next few days if the snow carries on like this. Most of the schools and colleges are already closed (I just know mine wont though :rolleyes: I blame the new buildings.)

I just chucked some buckets of water out back garden to see how long it takes to freeze over. I'd laugh if my dog went sliding across it :vlol:

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:47
Got none atm, tomrrow morning hopefully have lots.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 15:48
At least where i am. Car won't start so i dont have to do anything except sit at home today :D

This is meant to go on for 2 weeks. 2 weeks of snow, seriously :(
I want it to stop already. I made a snowman and now im bored with snow :p

Anyone else annoyed by the snow?

Wait, what?

It has been snowing, I grant you that....

Ah, wait, maybe Kent gets a tiny bit :p
Meant to be heavy snow from midnight tonight though :p

Reggie
05-01-10, 15:49
The more you have to put up with at a later date then.

I don't think anywhere in the south has much snow now. It's all up north.
Not so, North Cornwall has gotten quite a bit of snow apparantly.
I don't want it to snow really. I've got too much to do. :o

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 15:50
Not so, North Cornwall has gotten quite a bit of snow apparantly.
I don't want it to snow really. I've got too much to do. :oExactly. North Cornwall. :p

igonge
05-01-10, 15:52
Edinburgh (at least where I am in Edinburgh) has been covered in snow for just over two weeks. It's just stays there and builds up. It's very deep now.

HappyShannon
Woke up to about 6 inches of snow, checked the school website and it said "SCHOOLS CLOSED BECAUSE OF SNOW!" in capital letters... :p
It's closed again tomorrow too :jmp:

Reggie
Exactly. North Cornwall. :p
Smart ass. :p

T-Sex
Well its dark now, so even if it doesnt snow overnight at least the cold will preserve it or even better, make it into ice :D

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 15:53
Well its dark now, so even if it doesnt snow overnight at least the cold will preserve it or even better, make it into ice :D

I'm hoping for snow and ice :p
Two days off in one week for circumstances out of my control must be a record for me :p

igonge
05-01-10, 15:54
I'm hoping it will keep snowing so I get an extended School holiday :D
We go back tomorrow up here.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 15:54
I'm hoping for snow and ice :p
Two days off in one week for circumstances out of my control must be a record for me :p

In my last year of school we got 3 days off in a row :p

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 15:56
In my last year of school we got 3 days off in a row :p

:p Lucky :p
I have a school that has closed due to snow once in 25 years, so I depend on the bus not being able to get up its many hills :D

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 15:57
I don't think I've ever had a school close due to snow. And my chances are all up now, conisdering Im at college, and I don't think it works like that there.

TR93
Ahhh Schools were ALL open here in Northamptonshire...
There was a covering over snow last night but not enough for us to close, and the council aparently said if the school shuts WE (The students) have to make the time up some other time... like holidays and stuff.
However..(This was rather funny:p) in our science class our teacher (tut tut!) got a phone call on his mobile from his wife... they live up in Lincolnshire and she called to say they had massive snowfall during the day so it could well hit here tonight, theres weather warnings everywhere and apparently it is is going to blizzard here from tonight until saturday... but my school in particiular is dangerous in snow and ice because of the way its set out...

anyways for any one travelling in the UK over the next few days... be careful:hug:

igonge
:p Lucky :p
I have a school that has closed due to snow once in 25 years

My school hasn't been closed because of snow ever to my knowledge. The longest standing member of staff at my school says it hasn't been closed due to snow in the 30 odd years he's been there.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 15:59
My school hasn't been closed because of snow ever to my knowledge. The longest standing memebr of staff at my school says it hasn't been closed due to snow in the 30 odd years he's been there.

:D

I love living far enough away that I catch a bus, and too far to walk :p

Note: Can't be bothered to walk becuase I actually don't want to go to school :p

T-Sex
05-01-10, 16:02
Its really icy here, and apparently theres gonna be more ice on the roads in the morning. Which is good for lazy people (me) :p

jackles
05-01-10, 16:08
No snow here yet.

and even if it does snow the damn school won't close. we never close. :(

TR93
05-01-10, 16:08
Ice is probably more dangerous than the actual snow, I mean snow can be walked on but Ice cant... I fell on my backside 3 times because of ice over christmas...
1st time walking TO someplace, 2nd time in the exact same spot on the way Back from some place... 3rd time... on an icy puddle with a cup of hot chocolate... OUCH!:(

Kinda strange... in the US there is 3 feet of snowfall in some places and the schools still open there...here in the UK we get inches of the stuff and the place is become a nightmare to get around!!!!

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:10
Ice is probably more dangerous than the actual snow, I mean snow can be walked on but Ice cant... I fell on my backside 3 times because of ice over christmas...
1st time walking TO someplace, 2nd time in the exact same spot on the wal Back from some place... 3rd time... on an icy puddle with a cup of hot chocolate... OUCH!:(

I once slid on ice, falling over and having a big chunk of pointed ice digging into my back.

I couldn't move for a while :p

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 16:12
No snow here yet.

and even if it does snow the damn school won't close. we never close. :(

You don't happen to work at my old school, perchance :p

Bonez
05-01-10, 16:26
We have a few inches... again! We had some before Christmas, and it turned into ice making the pavements and roads awful to walk/drive on. Then it melted, and now we're back to square one with more snow. Great.

School finished early though. :)

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:28
School finished early though. :)

Isn't that all we care about :p

Weemanply109
05-01-10, 16:29
Here in Scotland, its getting worse everyday, snow started over here just 2 days before xmas. Hasn't stopped since.

Also my school was shut today due to the weather :D

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 16:32
In 30mins time its meant to snow, we'll see.........

lararoxs
05-01-10, 16:32
I hate having to wait until the last minute before leaving to head for the bus for someone from school to answer the phone or for the radio to say our school's closed, they are never organised. They have a fancy website and don't update it, it's like 2 years out of date and the school status is normal - it's closed, not normal. :rolleyes:

I don't even think we are due snow either!:(

Weemanply109
05-01-10, 16:35
In 30mins time its meant to snow, we'll see.........

"Everytime its snowing outside, I wanna go an extra mile to die" :p

Oh i forgot to mention i found out my school was closed when i was just about to get dropped off outside my school, it was on the Radio :D

Lucky eh? :p

jackles
05-01-10, 16:43
You don't happen to work at my old school, perchance :p

*chuckles*

It has started to snow here now. Little frosty flakes.

Bonez
05-01-10, 16:46
Isn't that all we care about :p

Well, yes. :D

It wasn't much earlier than usual, but still something is better than nothing!

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 16:46
*chuckles*

It has started to snow here now. Little frosty flakes.

LOL. Jackle is so mysterious I love it!

ultima espio
05-01-10, 16:48
It hasnt snowed decently here since i was 8. Theres snow outside now, but its nowhere near what it was back then. You cant even through a snowball in the snow we've got at the mo.

_Lam
05-01-10, 16:51
You guys are so dramatizing lmfao !
Here we cannot even see the street because of the snow and it's like this each year.

2 years ago we beat a world record by receiving 500cm of snow.

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 16:57
2 years ago we beat a world record by receiving 500cm of snow.I'm sorry but I think you're lying. 5 meters of snow? Yeah, ok. I never even heard anything about this.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:57
I once slid on ice, falling over and having a big chunk of pointed ice digging into my back.

I couldn't move for a while :p

I dont like ice that much :pi:
Apart from when it stops me going to school :)

xXhayleyroxXx
05-01-10, 16:58
oh gawd i know - makes the mail and transport go hectic!

@_Lam - we can't see the street either - people were making igloos!

Tomb-Dude
05-01-10, 17:00
I'm loving it 8:30 this morning stood outside college with snow flakes about 2 inches wide. Bare in mind some went under my scarf then melted and went down top so it was pretty cold :mad: But yeah snow down here has been ok, went home from college and keeping fingers crossed get snowed in tomorrow :D

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 17:01
oh gawd i know - makes the mail and transport go hectic!

@_Lam - we can't see the street either - people were making igloos!

Read the quote :pi:

Really?
Aparrently Britain, or at least Kent, is meant to get heavy snowfall from midnight onwards, met office are predicting lots of snow to wake up to :p

jackles
05-01-10, 17:05
LOL. Jackle is so mysterious I love it!

Yes. Yes I am. :pi:

and cold. I am cold now!

T-Sex
05-01-10, 17:47
and cold. I am cold now!

Then make an igloo to live in :p

ShadyCroft
05-01-10, 18:09
bring us some of that cold and snow please. I could use a few days off. :)

Aranara
05-01-10, 18:10
^
Me too!

Trigger_happy
05-01-10, 18:33
Its just started snowing this hour here in Bucks, and its so bad where my dad works, he can't get home. I suppose its lucky he works in a bed shop, rather than, say, A porcupine shop...

TR93
05-01-10, 18:34
still not snowing here if the snow misses us I'll go loopy!!:p

marla_biggs
05-01-10, 18:39
I'm in pain from the cold, it so awful

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 18:42
still not snowing here if the snow misses us I'll go loopy!!:p

Same!

I wanna miss school!!!!!!!!!!

Aranara
05-01-10, 18:45
Same!

I wanna miss school!!!!!!!!!!

That's very educative, Dan. :pi:

Just messing, I would love to live in England just for the snow (not really)

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 18:50
Its just started snowing this hour here in Bucks, and its so bad where my dad works, he can't get home. I suppose its lucky he works in a bed shop, rather than, say, A porcupine shop...

Excuse me, but tickle a bed on the nose, and tell me how fulfilled you feel.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 18:52
That's very educative, Dan. :pi:

Just messing, I would love to live in England just for the snow (not really)

It is, isn't it?

Glad to see some one agrees with me :)

:vlol:

Trigger_happy
05-01-10, 18:52
Excuse me, but tickle a bed on the nose, and tell me how fulfilled you feel.

Plus, if you get hungry, its not very nourishing to eat pillows...

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 18:53
Plus, if you get hungry, its not very nourishing to eat pillows...

:yik:

:smk:

Trigger_happy
05-01-10, 18:55
Oh, do I get a spanking now?!:jmp:

I couldn't eat a Porcupine: they're far too cute. Plus, all those spines...

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 18:56
Oh, do I get a spanking now?!:jmp:

I couldn't eat a Porcupine: they're far too cute. Plus, all those spines...

Then again, you could throw a bunch of pineapple cubes and cheese chunks over a room full of Porcupines, and voila, instant appetizers.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 18:58
Then again, you could throw a bunch of pineapple cubes and cheese chunks over a room full of Porcupines, and voila, instant appetizers.

:vlol:

Perfection :tmb:

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 18:59
Anyway....

Snow - right?

It has stopped here now.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:00
Anyway....

Snow - right?

It has stopped here now.

*looks out window*

None here yet...
Hopefully the met office is right :o

T-Sex
05-01-10, 19:04
Its still here. It hasnt snowed for a few hours, but it hasnt melted either.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:07
Met office for South East (Where I live)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_weather.html

jackles
05-01-10, 19:11
Our forecast is for heavy snow until Thursday.

Everything is blanketed here already. :(

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:14
Our forecast is for heavy snow until Thursday.

Everything is blanketed here already. :(

:eek:
Where?

voltz
05-01-10, 19:17
Bring out the sleds! :jmp:

jackles
05-01-10, 19:19
:eek:
Where?

*taps side of nose*

In England.

Can't tell you that...I would have to kill you....

Lets say southern England.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:20
*taps side of nose*

In England.

Can't tell you that...I would have to kill you....

Lets say southern England.

If its in Kent, you must be lying....
Sussex.....I'd say the same....
Cornwall? :p

jackles
05-01-10, 19:27
Nope. can't tell you being a woman of mystery and all.

Just rest assured I am not lying. :D

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:28
Nope. can't tell you being a woman of mystery and all.

Just rest assured I am not lying. :D

:pi:

Here's expected snow for South-East...
Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of central and southern England and southeast Wales late Tuesday and on Wednesday. Accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are expected widely, with locally 10 to 15cm in central parts where there is a moderate risk of over 25cm. This is expected to cause disruption to transport networks and could lead to problems with power supplies. Outdoor events and activities could also be affected by the snow.

TR93
05-01-10, 19:32
^^ South East is probably where I am..its snowing a tiny bit now TINY BIT!;)... I live in East Anglia so.... you know:p lol PLEASE LET THE SCHOOL CLOSED!

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 19:35
Zomg, its snowing. :cln:

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:36
^^ South East is probably where I am..its snowing a tiny bit now TINY BIT!;)... I live in East Anglia so.... you know:p lol PLEASE LET THE SCHOOL CLOSED!
My school won't close, its hoping the bus doesn't come for me :p
Zomg, its snowing. :cln:

WHERE?!?!?!

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 19:39
Midlands.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:40
Midlands.

Curses :p

Come to the SOUTH-EAST!
Then I miss another date to hand in my geography homework ;)

jackles
05-01-10, 19:49
Just to tease you with lara c fan

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/jackles_photos/Photo0109.jpg

T-Sex
05-01-10, 19:50
^
Woo, the snow here is deeper than that :D

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:50
Just to tease you with lara c fan

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/jackles_photos/Photo0109.jpg

*dislikes Jackie*

:(
TEASER!

*wants snow so he doesn't go to school tomorrow*

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 19:51
Curses :p

Come to the SOUTH-EAST!
Then I miss another date to hand in my geography homework ;)What county? We haven't had any here either. :p

jackles
05-01-10, 19:52
^
Woo, the snow here is deeper than that :D

You are probably further north than me. :)

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:55
What county? We haven't had any here either. :p

Same as you, fella ;)

Trigger_happy
05-01-10, 19:55
My dad just got home- he "chickened" out of sleeping in the shop! It took him twice as long to get home as he normally does.

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 19:56
My dad just got home- he "chickened" out of sleeping in the shop! It took him twice as long to get home as he normally does.

I take it he didn't bring home any appetizers?

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 19:59
Snow!!!
It's starting to snow!!!!!!

EDIT: Wait....no, it's starting to hail :(

_Lam
05-01-10, 20:06
Wanna see what snow mean here in quebec ?

http://image-photos.linternaute.com/image_photo/550/neiges-quebec-canada-1231165038-1184011.jpg

http://bernardouellet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bienvenuechezmoipetit.JPG

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/55881/banc_de_neige.jpg

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 20:07

http://image-photos.linternaute.com/image_photo/550/neiges-quebec-canada-1231165038-1184011.jpg

http://bernardouellet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bienvenuechezmoipetit.JPG

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/55881/banc_de_neige.jpg

This is britain.
It's usually raining to much to bother about snow

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 20:07

That snow looks like it would taste nice.

_Lam
05-01-10, 20:10
I love eating snow... when it's white of course... :D

lararoxs
05-01-10, 20:13
Ok, so it's stopped snowing yet the Metoffice have given us a weather warning of be prepared for all of today and tomorrow. It's gone up!:vlol:

jackles
05-01-10, 20:19
Every other country which has snow has proper facilities for it like snow ploughs and proper four wheel drive cars. Here we have kids who come to school in little pumps and no socks.....towns run out of grit/salt...etc etc. We just are rubbish at coping with it. Mainly because it so is rare over here that we just don't get geared up for it.

Lavinder
05-01-10, 20:21
Outside my window about an hour ago, still snowing :p.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/lavinder/Photo0063.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/lavinder/Photo0064.jpg

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 20:22
^Holy...!
I want that!

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 20:22
^Holy...!
I want that!

That's what it looks like here :p

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 20:25
That's what it looks like here :p

*kills Jake*
Shut up :p

*Hates other parts of Britain*

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 20:26
*kills Jake*
Shut up :p

*Hates other parts of Britain*

*takes pity*

You can not kill that which has no soul. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for me I do have a soul. See ya I guess.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 20:34
*takes pity*

You can not kill that which has no soul. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately for me I do have a soul. See ya I guess.

*stabby stabby*

TR93
05-01-10, 20:34
WHERE IS THE SNOW! I DONT WANNA GO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p lol!

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 20:46
Mixed feelings...
I love it for the fact I don't have to go to school :whi:

I hate it for the fact I can't visit my mate who I have to take the train to see... :hea:

TR93
05-01-10, 20:51
Its snowing a little..its like rain but white! lol... really I hope it blizzards cos I realy don't want to go school... its freezing!... though the worst thing for me is my mum cant walk in the snow cos shes disabled and she needs her walking frame bless her:hug:... so she cant go anywhere... and... damn snowballs!... OUCH!

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 20:53
Its snowing a little..its like rain but white! lol... really I hope it blizzards cos I realy don't want to go school... its freezing!... though the worst thing for me is my mum cant walk in the snow cos shes disabled and she needs her walking frame bless her:hug:... so she cant go anywhere... and... damn snowballs!... OUCH!

Try having 1000+ flying around :p

I don't wanna go to school :(

woody543
05-01-10, 21:09
I had a day off today, I got to play in the snow and have lots of fun!

I also have the day off tomorrow, only my school has decided to post all our work that we have to do online for us! YAY! NOT! It's actually torture, 5+ hours worth of homework!!

Its basically school (which is bad enough) only without the good bit of socialising!!

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:09
i had a day off today, i got to play in the snow and have lots of fun!

I also have the day off tomorrow, only my school has decided to post all our work that we have to do online for us! Yay! Not! It's actually torture, 5+ hours worth of homework!!

Its basically school (which is bad enough) only without the good bit of socialising!!

mwahhhahahahah

lararoxs
05-01-10, 21:13
I had a day off today, I got to play in the snow and have lots of fun!

I also have the day off tomorrow, only my school has decided to post all our work that we have to do online for us! YAY! NOT! It's actually torture, 5+ hours worth of homework!!

My school are never and will never be that organised to do something like that, they struggle to tell everyone it's closed in time before buses make it there.

Verdilet
05-01-10, 21:15
Well, this has to be the best start to a term I've ever had. First day back and we got to go home early because of the snow, and it looks like we'll be getting tomorrow off as well. :D

Cheenie
05-01-10, 21:20
More snow than usual tonight, hopefully it doesn't melt overnight or in the day(there's like 6 cm of it, curse those regions of UK which had more snow >_<) and there'll be more snow! Everything looks beautiful and hopefully if there'll be at least 30 cm of snow, our school will close like last year. <3

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:32
I wish it wasnt so dark now - my garden is coated in snow. It looks awesome, but its too dark to take the photo

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:33
I wish it wasnt so dark now - my garden is coated in snow. It looks awesome, but its too dark to take the photo

Flash?

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:34
Flash?

My camera doesnt have that. I lost my digital camera so ive got one of those cheap plastic ones you buy from holiday shops :p

JonnyT
05-01-10, 21:35
I took the day off today from College because of snow. Fingers crossed I can do the same tomorrow (Even though I finish at 12.15 on Wednesday's)!

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 21:38
My camera doesnt have that. I lost my digital camera so ive got one of those cheap plastic ones you buy from holiday shops :pDude, this is 2010, not 1990 :p

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:38
My camera doesnt have that. I lost my digital camera so ive got one of those cheap plastic ones you buy from holiday shops :p

ahhh....

jackali
05-01-10, 21:39
I just noticed that it's snowing outside.

I might go and frolic.

And by that I mean play in the snow, I won't actually sort of... skip around outside throwing snow up into the air with a look of pure and unadulterated glee on my face.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:40
The news just said that the snow is moving to South England now :)

jackali
05-01-10, 21:40
The news just said that the snow is moving to South England now :)

Moving? It's already here. :p

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:41
Moving? It's already here. :p

Yay for innacurate news reports :D

jackles
05-01-10, 21:41
I just noticed that it's snowing outside.

I might go and frolic.

And by that I mean play in the snow, I won't actually sort of... skip around outside throwing snow up into the air with a look of pure and unadulterated glee on my face.

*looks at jack with knowing expression on her face and mouthing the word 'much' at him*

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:42
COME TO ASHFORD, KENT!!!!!!!!

Darn thing...

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:43
COME TO ASHFORD, KENT!!!!!!!!

Darn thing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/4288?count=10

:)

jackali
05-01-10, 21:44
*looks at jack with knowing expression on her face and mouthing the word 'much' at him*

Hey! Stop telling everyone about my love of frolicking and snow! It's a secret!

Also... I don't suppose you'd want anyone to know that you sent that message... from a laptop? WHILE YOU WERE DOING SOME FROLICKING OF YOUR OWN I MIGHT ADD! :D

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:45
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/4288?count=10

:)

I wants it now :(

EDIT: DO you know where Jackie lives, Jack? :mis:

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:45
Hey! Stop telling everyone about my love of frolicking and snow! It's a secret!

Also... I don't suppose you'd want anyone to know that you sent that message... from a laptop? WHILE YOU WERE DOING SOME FROLICKING OF YOUR OWN I MIGHT ADD! :D

Skipping through a snowy field - WITH A LAPTOP?

jackles
05-01-10, 21:46
EEEP!!

*pulls maiden aunt expression of sucking lemons at jack*

that would be a no!

*hisses at everyone else* he has a vivid imagination...must be all that snow....

Mad Tony
05-01-10, 21:46

EDIT: DO you know where Jackie lives, Jack? :mis:Have you not got it yet? We've got a little bit here. It's not really snow you could make snowballs out of but it's covered most things now.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:48
Have you not got it yet? We've got a little bit here. It's not really snow you could make snowballs out of but it's covered most things now.

Where abouts in Kent are you?

Pan
05-01-10, 21:54
Snow = no post :( I'm expecting a very, VERY, VERY important letter, another day of wait and my hair will fall out from stress and anxiety. :cen:

jackali
05-01-10, 21:56

EDIT: DO you know where Jackie lives, Jack? :mis:

More or less...

*Looks off into the distance thoughtfully*

Damn, I just realised... snow might mean that my phone may not arrive on Thursday...

I need a phone. :(

Lee croft
05-01-10, 21:57
I see snow!!! :D (please dont let the 339 and number 8 bus run)

Minimus
05-01-10, 22:09
No school for me tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! :D (cos of the snow..)

T-Sex
05-01-10, 22:41
Its snowing right now :D!
I'm off to bed, lol :p

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 22:47
its snowing right now :d!
I'm off to bed, lol :p

where are you?

Saphyre
05-01-10, 22:48
My mums friend is a cleaner at my school and she has confirmed that our school will be closed tomorrow! Late night ahoy :D

Phys
05-01-10, 22:59
Damn all of you who are going to be off school/college :p

lararoxs
05-01-10, 23:00

I second that!

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 23:03

Still hasn't snowed in Ashford :hea:

Phys
05-01-10, 23:10
I've got no luck tbh. It could probably snow a few ft and my college would still be open :p I blame the brand new buildings. Its as if they're fortified for snow!

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 23:11
Still hasn't melted here :)

Dia2blo
05-01-10, 23:32
The snow is insane here! As awesome as it is, i hope it melts soon as i have exams next week!

CandicoTT
06-01-10, 00:22
I'm not really annoyed by the snow but the temperature...or is that the same thing? But it's freezing! :P

cbragg09
06-01-10, 00:58
there is def an abundance of snow here, im not in high school anymore but its already called off in WV

i kind of like it
its magical

marla_biggs
06-01-10, 04:06
Snowed here while I was asleep. Great:)

x...justme...x
06-01-10, 06:03
Theres's a fair bit here, but school won't be shut. They shut it on the last day of term because of a severe weather warning but then as it turns out there was no snow. so i think they're more wary of shutting now.

Lara_Zoz2006
06-01-10, 06:19
loadsssss of snow here in maidenhead ( berkshire) this morning god knows how im getting to work lol

T-Sex
06-01-10, 06:42
I woke up like 30 mins ago and theres snow everywhere, ice on the roads. My car works so im gonna try and get to work, but hopefully they'll say theres no point and send me home :p

TR93
06-01-10, 07:01
AHHHHHHH It didnt snow here over night *please please let it be icy so people cant get into to school"* lol
Its suppose to snow more here today... iin East Anglia at least... we're about the only place who HAVENT had the snow!

jackles
06-01-10, 07:05
Must be bad here. School closed first time ever!!!!!

All the staff are on FB going omg!!!!

Still snowing here and we have had about 9 inches of snow....yes yes I know that is a mere dusting compared to some countries. :D

T-Sex
06-01-10, 07:07
I have to set of for work in like 10 minutes :(

With any luck ill be back soon...

jackles
06-01-10, 07:10
I take that back...we have had 12 inches in places! :yik:

Johnnay
06-01-10, 07:15
Must be bad here. School closed first time ever!!!!!

All the staff are on FB going omg!!!!

Still snowing here and we have had about 9 inches of snow....yes yes I know that is a mere dusting compared to some countries. :D

Arent you pleased youre not going to work jackie:)

T-Sex
06-01-10, 07:21
Hahaha, yessss! Works closed today! :D

jackles
06-01-10, 07:23
Arent you pleased youre not going to work jackie:)

I am johnnay. It is the first time in ten years it has been closed. I have never had a 'snow day' before!

But if a workmate hadn't texted me I wouldn't have known!

and yay for work places closing! ;)

T-Sex
06-01-10, 07:25
and yay for work places closing! ;

:yah:

LaraCroftRox
06-01-10, 07:28
I'm off school today 'cause of snow. :jmp::jmp:

Aranara
06-01-10, 07:40
We have snow but we're still going to school. Why would Romania want the schools to be closed? We're already in a full teacher crisis because they need to be paid.

Another Lara
06-01-10, 07:50
Have been staying in Wimbledon and there's slush about but no real issues with getting into London, so still having to come to work! :(

Hopefully will be sent home by lunchtime as it's meant to get worse round that time!

viper456
06-01-10, 07:51
Omg so much snow! :D My mum said I'm an idiot if I try to go to work since everyone is getting stuck on our street! It's meant to snow tons again later so for the sake of a 4 hour shift....hmm....what do you guys think? ;)

Johnnay
06-01-10, 07:52
to you lot( especially the Poms)

come to Australia

it is 30 degrees out here:)

you'll love it

Aranara
06-01-10, 07:54
DAMN YOU ALL!!
*shakes fist*
You're not going to school and I have a final exam today!
DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!1
*killed my mum because of Maths exam grade*

Jo269976
06-01-10, 07:54
Omg so much snow! :D My mum said I'm an idiot if I try to go to work since everyone is getting stuck on our street! It's meant to snow tons again later so for the sake of a 4 hour shift....hmm....what do you guys think? ;)

Screw that shift, anyone who comes into your work on a day like this needs their head examined anyway.

come to Australia

you'll love it

You do realize that's a derogatory term, right?

viper456
06-01-10, 07:58

come to Australia

you'll love it

Will stick with the snow thanks. :p

Screw that shift, anyone who comes into your work on a day like this needs their head examined anyway.

True! Honestly its ridiculous here! I dread to think what its like in Scootland :p haha. I had to go out this morning to help my mum and the lady across the street push their car! We just had to push it into the lay-by and leave it there :vlol:

The other day (before we got even MORE snow) I woke up to find these over the road!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/viper456/snowpeeps.jpg

They don't look it there but the biggest one is over 6ft! :vlol:

jackles
06-01-10, 07:59

I vote for stay at home and make snowmen!

well stay at home anyway.... :D You wouldn't want your mum thinking you are an idiot now would you???? ;)

Another Lara
06-01-10, 08:01
You do realize that's a derogatory term, right?

That's why Aussies use it! ;)

I don't even think the term is technically correct, but this threads about the snow in the UK so I won't go into it lol! ;)

viper456
06-01-10, 08:01
I vote for stay at home and make snowmen!

well stay at home anyway.... :D You wouldn't want your mum thinking you are an idiot now would you???? ;)

You are a wise lady! haha. I have to go in tomorrow too for the full day...but for 4 hours tonight?! ergh. Its hardly worth the risk!

Jo269976
06-01-10, 08:04
That's why Aussies use it! ;)

I don't even think it's technically correct, but this threads about the snow in the UK lol! ;)

LOL wut.

I want to make a snow tranny ^__^

Johnnay
06-01-10, 08:04
you lot prefer to be blanketed in snow than enjoy the Aussie sun:(

viper456
06-01-10, 08:13
Yeah because we don't have to go to school/work if its bad enough :D!

T-Sex
06-01-10, 10:11
I just went outside the snow is literally 30cm deep. Im freezing :(

Lavinder
06-01-10, 10:15
I just went outside the snow is literally 30cm deep. Im freezing :(

Were you naked ? :p

viper456
06-01-10, 10:20
Here's another pic from yesterday when I went to Michael's!

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs147.snc3/17457_414762915326_716465326_10645826_3556089_n.jp g

lmfao look how big it is next to the transit van!! It had boobs and a stick for a willy too :vlol: *giggles immaturely*

Tonyrobinson
06-01-10, 10:42
I'm snowed in my house in Northern Ireland but the blizzard outside is amazing:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c9/robinsontony/IMG000006.jpg

Jack Croft
06-01-10, 11:27
Woke up this morning everything is covered in inches of snow, and as I type we have a blizzard outside with lots of snow which has been going for 1hour so far.

Very exciting!

LaraCroftRox
06-01-10, 11:28
you lot prefer to be blanketed in snow than enjoy the Aussie sun:(

Yeah, because 30 degrees sounds like my idea of hell. *Hates any kind of heat*

Reggie
06-01-10, 12:45
I'm actually in College right now. :/

Jack Croft
06-01-10, 12:45
Our local bus service has been cancelled! :p

Trigger_happy
06-01-10, 12:47
We've got like 8 odd inches of snow here In Bucks. I spent two hours being attacked by small children. Good times.

Minty Mouth
06-01-10, 13:24
Just walked home in the snow, again :/

So no, college wasn't closed, though there was hardly anyone there, its only 5 inches of snow for god's sake. Everyone acts like were suffering through an ice age.

Jack Croft
06-01-10, 13:30
The 'blizzard' has stopped now, but meant to be more tonight! :D

jackali
06-01-10, 13:32
It's still snowing where I am.

Good times. :tmb:

CuteKittenlol
06-01-10, 14:16
Another snow day :) I slept in very late and wasnt gonna go in anyways so i guess not actually having to was just luck :p

Saphyre
06-01-10, 14:18
Another snow day :) I slept in very late and wasnt gonna go in anyways so i guess not actually having to was just luck :p

I got up at 2pm, I feel guilty lol

jackali
06-01-10, 14:31
Okay, the light snowfall has transformed into a hell of a lot of snow. :D

Jack Croft
06-01-10, 14:38
Started snowing lightly again. :jmp:

Autolycus
06-01-10, 14:40
I propper hate the stuff. Car snowed in had to spend an hour and a half walking all over the place.

marla_biggs
06-01-10, 14:45
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :tmb:

Jack Croft
06-01-10, 14:47
Its getting cold here as well meant to be -8 tonight. brrrrr! :o