PDA

View Full Version : Bullying: Has it happened to you and How can you deal with it

Johnnay
05-01-10, 10:32
For me yes I've been bullied some times in my life mainly when I was young, even now my crazy dad won't stop screaming at me sometimes.

As the title says I think the whole world must stick together to solve this, it is happening everywhere and I get quite annoyed seeing teen girls fight via YouTube

Discuss

Changeling
05-01-10, 10:36
I've been bullied, and still get bullied today. Everyone does at some point or another, you're never, ever going to stop it. It's human nature: everyone is naturally both a bully and a victim of bullying.

TheBloodRed
05-01-10, 10:38
Don't get me started. I was made fun of all until I graduated High School. I am that nerdy guy and seeing how I am nice, I am an easy target without fighting back. :/

Nowadays, I wouldn't waste any time before I cut a *****!!

Easy way to get around it is to stay with your friends and know that they care and the bully(ies) are unimportant. If any physical altercations happen, you have to go to a teacher or simular.

Actually, after graduating, a lot of my "enemies"(I don't hate anyone seriously) started being nice to me and everything has evened out. :P

I believe it to be the school pressure that creates school bullying.

T-Sex
05-01-10, 10:41
I got constantly bullied and just pretended it didnt bother me. Then at the end of the last day of school i grabbed the ringleader and threw him at wall, kicked him a few times and ran away from the school. Worth the wait.

Paddy
05-01-10, 10:52
Where do I begin?
Started a lot at primary school where one particular kid wouldnt leave me alone, would wait until after school before he used to do **** to me.
This happened for about 4 years, teachers did **** all about it :mad:

Then after that which stopped thanks to my father which Im grateful for, came high school.

Nothing but bullying there too only this time on a worse scale, I never wanted to do sport or anything because several kids kept pelting rocks at me and a couple got me in the eye.
That day I never wanted to return to school again, but for some reason I did and continued on to do my Year 12, how the **** did I do it?

If ANY of those bullies tried to mess with me now well they will live to regret it, I will hurt them.

scoopy_loopy
05-01-10, 11:48
In the early years of highschool I did, a lot. It ****ed me up.

Azerutan
05-01-10, 11:52
Just ignore it.

Put your music playing and don't pay attention to those emotional fragile people :)

Paddy
05-01-10, 11:58
In the early years of highschool I did, a lot. It ****ed me up.

Yeah I get depression from that among other stuff I have seen during my childhood :hug:

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 12:18
Most of the time the bullies are the ones with the problems, there just insecure about something in there life and take it out on annother person to hide there insecurities. :tmb:

Reggie
05-01-10, 12:34
Yeah, I have before at certain times but its always gone away eventually luckily for me.

tombraiderluka
05-01-10, 12:36
Yes, after I've finished with partying, and became doing arts I was considered gay among some of my ex friends lol :D Is that bullying?

scoopy_loopy
05-01-10, 12:46
Yeah I get depression from that among other stuff I have seen during my childhood :hug:

:hug:

Paddy
05-01-10, 12:47
Yes, after I've finished with partying, and became doing arts I was considered gay among some of my ex friends lol :D Is that bullying?

Depends on the context, if theyre genuinelly saying it to put you down then yeah thats bullying.

tombraiderluka
05-01-10, 12:52
Depends on the context, if theyre genuinelly saying it to put you down then yeah thats bullying.
They did say that to put me down, but it hasn't put me down, so that's why it doesn't feel like bullying xD

Eddie Haskell
05-01-10, 13:09
The bully does have a problem, but then again so does the victim. The bully selects his victim(s) from the group. Unless the bully and his victim are on a desert island, there are more people around to choose from. So, why are certain people left alone while others are not?

Usually the bully needs certain prerequisites from his victim that can fuel his hatred and his need for dominance and power.

The selected victim usually stands out from the crowd in a way that is not considered "popular".
The victim is usually without a "power base", that is has enough backing from friends or classmates.
An easy target, one who is incapable or unwilling to fight back effectively
The victim will "whine, beg or cry" enough to satisfy the bullies need for dominance.
The bully sees a "future" in this endeavor, that the victim will continually grant him the pleasure he craves.

The victim must do something to stop some/all of these things. Stopping a bully is not an easy thing to do and still be accepted by your peers. Going to the authorities is not always the best thing, but many times it is the only thing. Truly the best thing is to beat the **** out of him, but that is normally not an option. So, what should you do if you are being bullied? Each situation is slightly different, and one method may not work in another situation. Unfortunately you will invariably have to forge your own answers. But keep in mind the goals and needs of the bully, and try to eliminate them.

Paddy
05-01-10, 13:11
On a couple of occassions I found sorting the bully out physically helped me a lot.
Only a couple of times did I even have the balls to stand upto them.
Teachers didnt help me at all so I had to help myself.

HappyShannon
05-01-10, 13:20
When I was younger I was sat on a table with two kids who were bullies and one kid who was really nice.
The bullies would try to bully me, but the nice kid would make them stop.
One day he wasn't in, so when they started bullying me, I argued back and slapped one of them in the face :D

I was only 8, but I'm guessing it hurt 'cause they stopped :D
Violence may not always be the answer but it sure works sometimes :p

Evan C.
05-01-10, 13:32
There's no theory for this,and it's one of worst thing that a child can suffer being a kid or young.When I was a kid there was a bunch of idiots who used to bother me,and I didn't wanted go to school because of them,but I was a shy kid and my parents never knew nothing about it,so I face it by myself...I just didn't say anything and even I tried to understand them,those who I hated the most,even in some point,they were my friends.
Now,most of them are poor idiots who doesn't have anything on life,no more studies,a hard life...trying to survive.I am not vengative,but karma does exist and life takes it's own revenge.
But it's not a good advice...if you have a bullying problem,the best thing you can do is talk with your parents,because it will be hard,but It can make your like more easy.

moodydog
05-01-10, 13:33
minor bullying when i was in primary school haha, these kids in the top year of primary just kept on coming upto me and sticlking their fingers up and calling me names, and another kid just kept on making sure i felt as iscolated and as lonely as possible. I have never experience the physical side of bullying, since i was like possibly the biggest and tallest boy in the school (not fat or chubby, just really big as in tall) , which got me down and made me feel quite insecure bout myself, basically the big wimp type. I suppose if any consolation, like a todler version of lennie from of mice and men. So i just hit the end of verbal insult and mockery.
Haha its wierd, i am now very average for my age, and clearly very average for my college and definately tougher and have apselutely non of bullying, but now that i am only average, i would rather be the tallest and biggest for some wierd reason. :o

Anniversary Lara
05-01-10, 13:39
I've been bullied over years at school. It started when we moved to another town. I lost my friends, had to get used to the new school, house, neighborhood. I was crying a lot and that was their reason to pick on me. And I was and still am underweighted so yea. It took years until they finally stopped. But I'm still suffering from it (depression, shyness...)

People often don't think what they're doing when they bully someone. They are not aware of the pain they're causing. All I can do now is look forward and try to manage my life as good as I can.

Reckless Lara
05-01-10, 13:52
Oh, yeah totally. I've been bulled by a lot of treacherous girls while at juniour high, (long story) I think I still get bulled as well. Now it's less painful 'cause I'm used to it and I'm cool with this fact. It was harder when I was still going to juniour high and I shed a lot of tears and it took me endless hours to understand the whole situation. I got over this a long time ago even though it's happening to me again with different persons. Alright, it sucks sometimes that you have someone on your trail to chase you and affect you negatively. :)

I shake it all off when I'm listening or playing music. Seriously, I'm thankful for being able to find out the glory and relief music gives you. :)

lararoxs
05-01-10, 15:10
Yes, I got bullied by what was my best friend. There was always 4 of us and 3 of us were all from the same primary school but all 4 knew each other from out of school, anyway, she had a tendancy to do things and then pass it off as a 'joke', it would be insults or negative criticism and then grew to physically hurting someone. Yet again it was still a 'joke' so that meant that harming someone is perfectly fine. The other 2 in the group are 'followers' and are commited to being her friends even though there is countless times where she's done things that you would think 'you're supposed to be my friend'- they stick with her so they don't get hurt (anymore than necessary).

The girls not popular at all, has hardly any friends and isn't clever. Yet she 'drops' people at her discretion, so her previous friend got to close to another girl so she ignored her and became enemies, and then when she 'dropped' me she went back to that girl expecting her to miraculously become friends again!

It's all quite funny really but it was like going through living hell, as not only had she alienated my friends away from me and isolated me, the people I thought were friends quite easily took sides. Doesn't really matter now and I know she isn't going to do that well, but it was hard starting a whole new friend base out of nothing.

The funniest thing is her parents are the same, Me and my Mum were standing in a shop waiting to pay and the girls mother came in and stood for, oh it must have been about 10 minutes at the back of the shop to avoid us!

Oh well, at the end of this month it will have been a year since she stopped talking to me all together, it's been bliss really and she will not go to the same sixth form as me because I'm going there!:vlol: Of course I'm the bully now! :rolleyes:

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:12
Like someone said earlier Karma exists and Karma is a *****.

disneyprincess20
05-01-10, 15:15
Yes, I was bullied. They stole stuff from me, called me fat, scarred my nose etc etc. It wasn't pleasant at the time. But you know what? Every single one of the girls who bullied me at school have gone on the ruin their lives, and currently live off the state as single parents. I have a job, a house and a fiance. I'm so much better than they are, and I always have been. Everyone who has ever been bullied is much better than the bullies who tormented them. Just remember: you won in the end, not them.

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:17
Yes, I was bullied. They stole stuff from me, called me fat, scarred my nose etc etc. It wasn't pleasant at the time. But you know what? Every single one of the girls who bullied me at school have gone on the ruin their lives, and currently live off the state as single parents. I have a job, a house and a fiance. I'm so much better than they are, and I always have been. Everyone who has ever been bullied is much better than the bullies who tormented them. Just remember: you won in the end, not them.

That is a great story, made me smile! :)

TR93
05-01-10, 16:03
I've been bullied most of my life...2 ways I usualy deal with it is either Cry it out... stand up to bullies and tell teachers...
Or just lose it with everyone and go on the rampage in a massive temper...
But you know what... I used to get called names because I have a non english surname and live in the UK, I got threatened by them when they told me they'd call immigration onto me when I was born in Nottingham, they made fun of my because of my friends and my taste in music and because I dont follow "Their rules" andd what they think I should be... and guess what... none of them people now are leading a good life, they'veall messed it up, some of them even under 16 have become pregnant with no money coming in, some have been kicked out of school and most of them like disneyprincess20 said have ruined thier lives...
and me, I have an interview for a college course next week, looking around soon for jobs, I'm getting great GCSE results and have alot to look forward to when I leave school... and they havent got any of that, because they are so focused on making others and myself miserable they dont bother learning and they dont succeed

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:08
Well, if you call being called "geek" and "nerd" (and not in a jokey way), then, yes, I have been (and still am) being bullied :)

T-Sex
05-01-10, 16:10
Well, if you call being called "geek" and "nerd" (and not in a jokey way), then, yes, I have been (and still am) being bullied :)

That happened to me all the time, but it never bothered me :)
I took it as a compliment actually

Minty Mouth
05-01-10, 16:11

People used to call me a geek, but then smarter people came to my school. Now I miss it.

http://pic.phyrefile.com/l/lu/lupin_iv/2008/11/05/Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:12
That happened to me all the time, but it never bothered me :)
I took it as a compliment actually

I just think "They call me a geek or a nerd, they're calling me cleverer than them(essentially)" And you can carry on from there :)

ajrich17901
05-01-10, 16:19
I was when I was younger and ya know what made it stop? Beating the crap out of them, if they can't take the consequences for there actions they shouldn't dish crap out at people. Its the only thing that works these days.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:21
I was when I was younger and ya know what made it stop? Beating the crap out of them, if they can't take the consequences for there actions they shouldn't dish crap out at people. Its the only thing that works these days.

Also, you would have to take consequences.

AmericanAssassin
05-01-10, 16:24
Ugh. I had a horrible time when it comes to bullying. There are times in my life that I just wanted to end it all. There are times where I tried. I couldn't go to class without fear of knowing that I was about to be made to feel like a piece of trash. By everyone. Literally everyone. And I was way too nice to stand up for myself. When I got to high school, that changed. I learned to brush people off. A useful skill. So, eventually, people just stopped bothering me. What would be the point? I no longer cared.

An example of the bullying I experienced? One time when I was leaving school, three other students were waiting for me and they began beating me with bottles. I couldn't even believe it. It's one of those things you don't think really happen. :(

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 16:26
Ugh. I had a horrible time when it comes to bullying. There are times in my life that I just wanted to end it all. There are times where I tried. I couldn't go to class without fear of knowing that I was about to be made to feel like a piece of trash. By everyone. Literally everyone. And I was way too nice to stand up for myself. When I got to high school, that changed. I learned to brush people off. A useful skill. So, eventually, people just stopped bothering me. What would be the point? I no longer cared.

Same.
But for different reasons....

lararoxs
05-01-10, 16:35

An example of the bullying I experienced? One time when I was leaving school, three other students were waiting for me and they began beating me with bottles. I couldn't even believe it. It's one of those things you don't think really happen. :(

That's disgusting that someone, actually that more than one person thinks it's perfectly fine to physically beat someone else like that. It really does take some disturbed person to do that. I'm glad your better and they did eventually stop.:hug:

ajrich17901
05-01-10, 16:36
Also, you would have to take consequences.

I did, a fine which was well worth it:p

AmericanAssassin
05-01-10, 16:38
Same.
But for different reasons....

We should exchange stories. :p I have several other reasons, too. School, family, work, OCD, general depression, the works...

That's disgusting that someone, actually that more than one person thinks it's perfectly fine to physically beat someone else like that. It really does take some disturbed person to do that. I'm glad your better and they did eventually stop.:hug:

I'm fine now. :hug: I wish I could beat their asses today. I'm not that who I used to be and I'll cut a *****. :p

Weemanply109
05-01-10, 16:39
most of the time the bullies are the ones with the problems, there just insecure about something in there life and take it out on annother person to hide there insecurities. :tmb:

this is the truth!

also i know some people in my class who get bullied, its sad.. People just stand by and watch in fear, to scared to stand up for the poor person.

Usually when someone annoys me i tell em to "**** OFF"

and btw, in my school usually when you try and hit them for bullying you they beat the **** out of you. Happens alot to the older ppl in my school.

robm_2007
05-01-10, 16:41
i used to be bullyed, and never said anything back. but then, one day when a guy in my class was talking crap to me, i just snapped back and said: "STFU, you dumbass. Oh, and those eyebrows make you look like a drag queen." he didnt say much anymore. (*not to insult drag queen's, but he took it as an insult):o

so, now i usually say something back at the bullys, but i never really get picked on now; and if i do, i like hearing waht they have to say, i usually think that its funny., and i say something back.

Dustie
05-01-10, 16:45
That reminds me...

Angelina Jolie was bullied when she was in high school. Pardon the humor, but I think I would be on the verge of killing myself if I was one of those who bullied her, seeing who she is now!! The same with Megan Fox.

Aranara
05-01-10, 16:50
I was never bullied:) I think in Romania bullying is a rather rare thing because we usually stick together. In Romania, we don't mix with other classes and stuff like that. We became like a big happy family.
FYI, in Romania, when you start school, the school you chose to go to automatically pick the children to form one class. And you will hold on to that class until you go to High School.

Tomb-Dude
05-01-10, 17:07
Got bullied most of life... When i was in Primary school until i reached 12ish I was more mentally bullied, being forced to do thing I wouldn't etc. Until I went to 12. It became more physical and mental bullying. for about 3 and a bit years. Had bruises, bite marks and mental damage (confidence and became really nervious around people) was discussing it to mum not long ago and some symptoms i showed was going into mild depression.

Dealing with it, tell parents, friends, or teachers as soon as you can my biggest down fall for hiding it. But I was hiding it because I was scared of loosing my friends in the process. If anyone says "stick up to them" i recomend you dont because I did and it made my life 10x worse =/ they got more abusive expecting me to hit them back again. If your at work tell boss because even at work it happens and managers wont deal with bullying within a business.

Quasimodo
05-01-10, 17:13
Most of the time the bullies are the ones with the problems, there just insecure about something in there life and take it out on annother person to hide there insecurities. :tmb:

Either that or they're sociopaths.

Wolf Angel
05-01-10, 17:45
Yep I think I kinda have been bullied, in a way. :(
I know you might find this kind of hard to believe, but when I was in the 8th or 9th grade, the class I was in was TINY. Only about 14 people (that's 13 plus me lol). I was friends with a few of them but when I talked to most of those girls there, they never seemed sincere. I could never tell if they were joking or being serious a lot of the time, and I wasn't sure how to react to what they said sometimes.
Anyway... a certain ***** who I used to be friends with suddenly wasn't talking to me as much, and then the next day when I was with her outside with a couple of others, she said she needed to tell the other girls a "secret" and she didn't want me to know it, and said it was none of my business and asked me to go away. :mad:
And I could tell she was lying, she was bad at acting and lying :mad:
I went off anyway because I didn't want to hang out with her anymore.

But that wasn't as bad as the other *****, who tried to embarrass me in front of the person I fancied. It was really nerve-wraking as well. No matter how embarrassed I'd get, she would keep talking, even if he was like a few metres away! :mad::mad:

I've also noticed that all the people in my year are all into the same boring pop music, have same clothes, same make-up, same way of acting, and all love getting drunk at discos. They're idiots.
I liked different music and different hobbies and stuff and they seemed to not like me because of it. One girl even talked about me to a friend online that I was weird and I did weird things and I smelled :hea::mad:
They was also a guy in my class who was a complete asshole and really ignorant and I was the only one in the class he hated (and I have no idea why) :( Whenever I was paired with him in certain classes, he loved bossing me around and making me do all the work when he did nothing :mad:
At that point I only had 2 or 3 friends in that class, and they never really did anything about it....

But now I'm in a different highschool, and I have loads of friends and they're much nicer people too :)

And if I come across those ignorant people again I'll just tell them to go **** themselves :D

rowanlim
05-01-10, 18:02
I was never bullied, I guess I had good friends early so no one messed with me (or us). My younger sis was bullied & I didn't realize until it was too late, to my deep regret. I wished I did more for her, I kept telling her to ignore them but I guess it got more than I thought it would & I didn't do what I should've done: walk up to the *******s & beat 'em up.

Lavinder
05-01-10, 18:05
I was bullied quite a lot throughout primary school and high school - both physically and mentally but now I look back it and it does not bother me. I was weird back then anyway. :p

ShadyCroft
05-01-10, 18:07
I was a bit bullied and harassed when I was at school. I'd be on the bus on my way home and some of the neighborhood boys would start harassing me with words.
I just ignored them, though I kinda agree sometimes you need to shut them up for good.

Aranara
05-01-10, 18:08
I never thought bullying in other countries is such a big problem. I can't believe I'm that narrow-minded and naive! :eek:

And I thought I was the opposite of that.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 18:11
I never thought bullying in other countries is such a big problem. I can't believe I'm that narrow-minded and naive! :eek:

And I thought I was the opposite of that.

Awwww :hug:

Aranara
05-01-10, 18:15
In Romania it's ll good:p I mean, we have the clown of the class but he doesn't bully anyone:) And you only get beaten if you mess up with the bad boys. Which I don't because I'm not that stupid. I can kick their asses but I don't want to. Self defense classes actually taught me something. And from personal experience, I learned to shut up at the right time, and attack at the opportune moment.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 18:17
In Romania it's ll good:p I mean, we have the clown of the class but he doesn't bully anyone:) And you only get beaten if you mess up with the bad boys. Which I don't because I'm not that stupid. I can kick their asses but I don't want to. Self defense classes actually taught me something. And from personal experience, I learned to shut up at the right time, and attack at the opportune moment.

I did Tae-Kwon-Do for a bit.
If people really :cen: me off, they're down :o

Luckily, it's mainly self-defence, and seeing as I won't start anything (much :pi:), it works fine for me :)

Johnnay
05-01-10, 18:19
To all here which have been bullied
I wish you all hope and love that it won't happen:hug:

ShadyCroft
05-01-10, 18:20
wishing the same for you Johnny dear ! :hug:

January_Snow*
05-01-10, 18:21
I was never bullied physicaly, in elemenatary school there were a few times when someone would say insulting things to me, in the beggining I ignored it, but when I figured out that doesnt work I started insulting back, and that always worked... =))))

That reminds me...

Angelina Jolie was bullied when she was in high school. Pardon the humor, but I think I would be on the verge of killing myself if I was one of those who bullied her, seeing who she is now!! The same with Megan Fox.

And today they are the biggest world stars, like you said they are probably boiling from jelousy when they see her on TV all glamurous and happy... and thats usually the case people who are normal, even akward to some in highschool do alot more with their life, then people who go around treating others like dirt, those kind of people should just be thrown out of school...

Aranara
05-01-10, 18:23
If I were Angelina for one day, I would go to the bullies' houses dressed up like Lara Croft. 'Nuff said.

Capt. Murphy
05-01-10, 18:33
In my years of Elementary school I was physically bullied by a few kids. In Junior High there was one kid who would pick on me... And he was smaller than me. One time I accidentally hit him in the eye - I told him I was sorry but he cried. :cln: Other pests were the "cowboy" kids (hicks) and some of the jocks. Then in high school... I can't remember getting into any physical altercations, but I still had people tease me.

The main reason why I think I was teased/bothered:

1) My last name

2) I was skinny as a rail

3) the above reason is what made me a bit shy an lacking in self confidence - i.e. 'An Easy Target'.

4) I had arthritis in both of my knees which resulted in a deformity in mainly my right knee/leg - a knock knee. So I was pretty much lame. :)

How to deal with it? Don't resort to their level. This way you show them how much better you are.

almayah
05-01-10, 18:34
I was bullied so i started training karate
That's when I started bullying xD

Capt. Murphy
05-01-10, 18:42
I was bullied so i started training karate
That's when I started bullying xD

A strange thing happened to me this morning. I remembered this small female mouse that was caught in a trap but was still alive. I took it outside to kill it. Sure, I could've thrown it out in the field... I don't know why I didn't. Maybe it was a sticky trap. At any rate. I stomped on it.... And that didn't kill it. It only removed the skin from it's head... It was twitching and squeaking. I thought "Oh no.... ":( So I had to stomp it again.

When I thought of how that mouse suffered in that moment - I had to break down and weep! I felt so sorry.

I wonder if you (or anyone else that bullies people) will ever look back and think of those ones you've hurt and ever feel any remorse?

Bullys can hurt people now, then realize the hurt they inflicted onto others later... If they even have a heart.

xx_Hunt_xx
05-01-10, 18:45
Ive been bullied before. Its not something i wish to happen again. Happend for about 2 years, and it was in area i lived so not like i could come home and feel safe. But then i grew up and got alot of confidence somehow....it came from no where. They ended up leaving me alone.
How to deal with it?
I have no idea...everyone deals in different ways. I suppose just telling someone would help. With me the only thing that helped with my confidence.

Aranara
05-01-10, 18:46
You can deal with bullying by making them feel horrible for what they did, but not by bullying them:p
They WISHED they didn't bully you.

Johnnay
05-01-10, 19:38
ok. i'll say my version of this

when i was young, i was bullied when i was 9 by some kid, the names and all in school, i didnt like it, he was a troubled kid, he came back the next year for some time and did the same crap to me but not much though.

i have been teased at high school too but not much.

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 20:52
I used to get bullied a lot... Still do occasionally.
The thing is not to take it to heart.
I usually thank them, it confuses them and puts them off track.
It also helps to be taller :P
I used to do karate too... I was a black belt when I had to stop, so anyone who know's stays well clear of me... :P
Also come back with clever comebacks.
Don't act as if you're scared. It makes them come back for more... Stand your ground.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 20:56
I used to get bullied a lot... Still do occasionally.
The thing is not to take it to heart.
I usually thank them, it confuses them and puts them off track.
It also helps to be taller :P
I used to do karate too... I was a black belt when I had to stop, so anyone who know's stays well clear of me... :P
Also come back with clever comebacks.
Don't act as if you're scared. It makes them come back for more... Stand your ground.

I was a couple of belts off of black in Tae-Kwon-Do :p
But people don't know that, so they get surprised as hell when I get them to the floor in about a second :p

Lavinder
05-01-10, 20:59
I think being bullied has made me stronger for later on in life, whereas people who had an easy childhood may suffer from bullying within a workplace or situation without a backbone to deal with it.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
05-01-10, 21:00
I used to be picked on when I was in High School. In the end I became more successful and sexier than all the bully's. Moral of the story: Give it time (spending 4 years in the Army probably helped too).

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:00
I was a couple of belts of black in Tae-Kwon-Do :p
But people don't know that, so they get surprised as hell when I get them to the floor in about a second :p

Ha ha... Yup, then they'll know to stay clear of you :)
Never got that far... My school would expel me... And that's the only place I've got bullied...

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:01
Ha ha... Yup, then they'll know to stay clear of you :)
Never got that far... My school would expel me... And that's the only place I've got bullied...

Problem is, they keep coming :p
Maybe next time I should bend the arm further and break it....
But that would get me expelled :pi:

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:02
Problem is, they keep coming :p
Maybe next time I should bend the arm further and break it....
But that would get me expelled :pi:

It most defiantly would...
Hope your problems clear up...
Just keep flooring them till the words get around...

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:12
It most defiantly would...
Hope your problems clear up...
Just keep flooring them till the words get around...

It won't :p
They're damn stupid :p

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:13
It won't :p
They're damn stupid :p

Ha ha. Well... Then it's their fault...

Sgt BOMBULOUS
05-01-10, 21:18
Ha ha. Well... Then it's their fault...

If I may add to this... If it's discovered that you're tough, then it gives other people a reason to challenge you. That's probably why they keep coming.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:24
I just usually get them to the floor by non-violent means :o

I'm a peaceful guy, I hate being in, or causing fights or violence...

Dustie
05-01-10, 21:24
And today they are the biggest world stars, like you said they are probably boiling from jelousy when they see her on TV all glamurous and happy... and thats usually the case people who are normal, even akward to some in highschool do alot more with their life, then people who go around treating others like dirt, those kind of people should just be thrown out of school...

It's like the unpopular kids vs. the popular kids and jocks, lol

Reminds me of the show Popular that I loved ;)

To be honest with you I was kind of bullied when I was in elementary school as well. Not really physically though. I wouldn't hang out with the boys too much and didn't like soccer, so... And tt one point, my friend started hanging out with someone else more and I ended up being bullied by him as well (that lasted only for some time though). It was really difficult to cope, but somehow I managed. Today I just wish I had handled it better back then. I kinda laugh when I remember those times now. If any of these people tried to bully me today, I would laugh my ass off, because honestly, what the F do I care. But back then, it was trauma.

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:29
If I may add to this... If it's discovered that you're tough, then it gives other people a reason to challenge you. That's probably why they keep coming.

Quite true I never thought of that... I'm actually a peaceful person... I just can have a violent mind at times...
No one seems to bother me anymore...

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:32
Quite true I never thought of that... I'm actually a peaceful person... I just can have a violent mind at times...
No one seems to bother me anymore...

It takes a lot to get me hacked off.
If you do, however, you better run.
Fast.

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:36
It takes a lot to get me hacked off.
If you do, however, you better run.
Fast.

Ha ha. When I get annoyed I usually hide it... So nothing happens... Until my fist hurts from punchig the wall when I'm alone... :whi:

T-Sex
05-01-10, 21:36
Ha ha. When I get annoyed I usually hide it... So nothing happens...

Same here :(

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:37
Ha ha. When I get annoyed I usually hide it... So nothing happens...

The very same with me.
Unless you push past that, which is quite hard to do, and believe me, ya don't want to :p

larafan25
05-01-10, 21:38
TELL SOMEONE, this is the best way to get rid of it and fast. Eventually bullies learn, and if not then they end up like Hitler, and I doubt such a person would ever be able to gain such power in this world today.:)

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:39
The very same with me.
Unless you push past that, which is quite hard to do, and believe me, ya don't want to :p
Nah, I just usually hit something like the wall when I'm alone... Not very hard though...

TELL SOMEONE, this is the best way to get rid of it and fast. Eventually bullies learn, and if not then they end up like Hitler, and I doubt such a person would ever be able to gain such power in this world today.:)
I hate telling people... It never works for me... No matter what they say...

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:40
Nah, I just usually hit something like the wall when I'm alone... Not very hard though...

1.)I do the same, again :p. Unless you push me past that...
2.)Again, same thing :p

larafan25
05-01-10, 21:41

sorry let me be more specific, tell your parents or gardian to tell your teacher or the principle.

and if the bullying is happening outside of school, well STAND UP, no I'm joking I actually don't know what to do in that scenario :/

Marianna12
05-01-10, 21:41
I've never really been bullied before. You know, sometimes they call me "nerd" etc, but I don't really care!:p

There's this girl in my class(she's from Albania, so her Greek isn't that great) and almost everyone keeps bullying her mostly because of that! The worst is, that teachers don't help that much and no one is trying to defend her, even though they know how hard it might be for her!:mad:

ZapTheLadyBird
05-01-10, 21:42
1.)I do the same, again :p. Unless you push me past that...
2.)Again, same thing :p
Nobody's ever been able to push past that with me...

sorry let me be more specific, tell your parents or gardian to tell your teacher or the principle.

and if the bullying is happening outside of school, well STAND UP, no I'm joking I actually don't know what to do in that scenario :/

And again, telling someone doesn't help with me... Not just for bullying... For other problems... I swear, for me, it makes it worse.
I would do so... But no one does out side of school...

tranniversary119
05-01-10, 21:43
I think just about everybody's been bullied in some form or another. I've haven't been bullied much, a few times, but nothing serious nor was it anything I cared about. If somebody said something to me now I wouldn't care to say something back, but usually people leave me alone :p

Bullying is sadly, a part of life. There's really no way to stop it, because it's a common trait in human nature to pick on the weak. As for the victim, well...the only advice I can give is to stick up for yourself because usually going to adults only worsens the problem.

Bellacima
05-01-10, 21:47
Yeah, I have before at certain times but its always gone away eventually luckily for me.

Same thing here it does suck to be picked on

voltz
05-01-10, 21:47
This thread brings out some memories I'd rather not go back on. I've had my share of bullying from kids in grades further up from me and for the most part, I've grown to be quite spiteful of others just because of it. It's probably the main reason why I'm unwilling to make friends with anyone.

TRfan23
05-01-10, 21:55
Oh yeh, just verbal, people were too scared to physically hurt me due to my heart problems ;)

Tombraiderx08
05-01-10, 23:09
People tend to bully me, but i straight up ignore them, and im damn good at it. I mean, sure what they say is hurtful, but it doesnt matter because they dont care, if they cared and were my friends, then maybe what they said would matter.

mike-d
05-01-10, 23:18
Well I seem like the perfect bully victim. I not that good at sports, I correct the teachers all the time, and I get the highest grades. But I think when people approach to bully me, they realize that I really don't deserve it. People who never hang out with me think that I am a nerd, but when they finally do, they tell me how wrong they were.

To this day my classmates are defensive of me and try to protect me. And it's really a bitter-sweet feeling because I feel like I am being overprotected

Paddy
05-01-10, 23:23
Well I seem like the perfect bully victim. I not that good at sports, I correct the teachers all the time, and I get the highest grades. But I think when people approach to bully me, they realize that I really don't deserve it. People who never hang out with me think that I am a nerd, but when they finally do, they tell me how wrong they were.

To this day my classmates are defensive of me and try to protect me. And it's really a bitter-sweet feeling because I feel like I am being overprotected

Yeah I can only imagine that would get a bit annoying but Id rather overprotection then no protection which I had lol.

Rai
05-01-10, 23:35
I was bullied at school. At the time, I didn't have the first clue how to deal with it. I was advised to ignore it, that didn't work; advised to tell the teachers, that didn't work; advised to stand up to them by saying soemthing smart, that didn't work as I could never think of anything (:p). My grandfather went to my primary school a couple of times to talk to the teachers but nothing changed much. The bullying continued in secondary school and believe me, girls can be evil and more subtle about it too. Sometimes I was told to lighten up that I wan't meant to take it seriously, but it was hard not to when it happened every day.

I don't know what advice to give. As you can see, I didn't handle it too well. I think teachers take bullying more seriously these days than they did in my day. Just telling someone can help as it takes some of the stress off.

It took me a loong time as an adult to gain any self-worth and confidence. I got there eventually though, but I still struggle with a lack of confidence in my own abilities, but that had as much to do with my parents as it did with bullying.

Love2Raid
06-01-10, 00:22
Only when I was very little. :(

But then my dad took care of it and it stopped. :whi:

I have never bullied anyone in my life. It's awful, I feel very sorry for those who are going through it right now. :hug:

Here is some advice for those who plan to go to another school because of bullying: don't even think about mentioning it in your new school (maybe only to your closest friends). It won't prevent it from happening again, most people won't pity you, you'll play right into the bullies' hands! I saw it happen to one girl, it was really sad.

Tommy123
06-01-10, 00:25
I was bullied at school all the time when i was younger. The people i guess made it their life goal to make my life for some reason as terrible as they can make it for me. Teachers dont give a ****. I learned that the hard way when one time i came to them for help and they told me to stop being a baby and to suck it up. But how i made it through was to just ignore it. If they tried to mess with me i would laugh or just keep walking. Stick with your friends and the people who you care about and they will leave you alone hopefully. Im in highschool now and there is no "bullying" anymore. Everyone just hangs out with there own groups and leaves everyone else alone. So pretty much just ignore it and stick with your friends. I also know its hard but do not let what they say/do get to your head. You have to understand that what they are doing is only to mess with you. And your talking IMO to societys trash and someone not worth your time.

I hope this helps

Johnnay
06-01-10, 00:25
I used to be picked on when I was in High School. In the end I became more successful and sexier than all the bully's. Moral of the story: Give it time (spending 4 years in the Army probably helped too).

yes. i see photos of you Mr( i dont know you) LOL:D. yes you defintiely look the typical American. yes your photos look like a bigger, more sexier, fatherly version of MattTR.

I just usually get them to the floor by non-violent means :o

I'm a peaceful guy, I hate being in, or causing fights or violence...

in words you are mainly a calm, innocent person with no hate or violence in you, you dont justify yourself for your actions whatsoever:)

I've never really been bullied before. You know, sometimes they call me "nerd" etc, but I don't really care!:p

There's this girl in my class(she's from Albania, so her Greek isn't that great) and almost everyone keeps bullying her mostly because of that! The worst is, that teachers don't help that much and no one is trying to defend her, even though they know how hard it might be for her!:mad:

you think because her Greek is bad,:( IMO i think the reason shes bullied is mainly because she is a Albanian and there is quite a Overflow of Albanians in Greece mainly in the Northern Regions of Greece, in any way the people who are bullying her cause of her race is Discrimination to any Albanian:((Croft Game Girl, Ms HANNA):):(

I was bullied at school. At the time, I didn't have the first clue how to deal with it. I was advised to ignore it, that didn't work; advised to tell the teachers, that didn't work; advised to stand up to them by saying soemthing smart, that didn't work as I could never think of anything (:p). My grandfather went to my primary school a couple of times to talk to the teachers but nothing changed much. The bullying continued in secondary school and believe me, girls can be evil and more subtle about it too. Sometimes I was told to lighten up that I wan't meant to take it seriously, but it was hard not to when it happened every day.

I don't know what advice to give. As you can see, I didn't handle it too well. I think teachers take bullying more seriously these days than they did in my day. Just telling someone can help as it takes some of the stress off.

It took me a loong time as an adult to gain any self-worth and confidence. I got there eventually though, but I still struggle with a lack of confidence in my own abilities, but that had as much to do with my parents as it did with bullying.

oh girl world rai, girl world and boy world are different when it comes to bullying, in boy world everything gets settled but oh boy girl world is different, girl world nothing usually gets settled, girls want revenge and some girls are stuck up sometimes

Aranara
06-01-10, 05:12
Ha ha. When I get annoyed I usually hide it... So nothing happens... Until my fist hurts from punchig the wall when I'm alone... :whi:

When I get annoyed I'm a bomb. Nothing can calm me:vlol:
And I'm serious.

aktrekker
06-01-10, 06:36
I used to get bullied. Mostly in high school. I was a little small for my age. Occassionally someone would stand up for me. But there was one guy who hassled me for about 2 years. Finally, one day I wrestled him to the ground and beat on him for awhile. I never saw him again for about 10 years. At that time, he was brain dead from drugs. And only had nice things to say.

Bullies look for an easy victim. If you fight back, it isn't easy anymore. They'll look for someone else. Even if you get your ass kicked, at least it will be the last time. And probably nobody else will dare to bully you.

That may not be the popular solution, but it almost always works. And it can earn you some respect, even from the bully. You might even become friends.

January_Snow*
06-01-10, 06:58
Wow, Im really sad to read all this stories =(((( you guys had a rough time, it makes few insults I had look like nothing.... Strangley enough I was never insulted by a jock type or a popular type, people who threw insults to me were well pathetic...

Im a very loud outgoing type, but in my little circle, to an outside watcher I look quiet, calm, so yeah, those morons probably thought they could raise their selfastime by throwing insults at me, luckily I always had friends by my side, and Im lucky for that, whenever someone from our circle gets insulted by someone we all stick together and go against the insulter, and I beleve that helps more than anything....

And when 3 of us stand up (Im 190 cm tall btw) and throw insults back they never come back, they just lower their heads when they pass...

T-Sex
06-01-10, 07:24
I just remembered that when i was like 13 or 14, i was in PE class (ugh) and got attacked by 3 people all at once because i was "******* **** at football". I "accidentally" kicked the ball into their faces. About 5 times. :)

Aranara
06-01-10, 07:38
^
That happened to me. Only I wasn't bullied and it was basketball:) I passed the ball to a dude who wasn't attentive and it hit him right in the face. This happened all day long :vlol: But it wasn't on purpose :D

viper456
06-01-10, 07:49
I wouldn't say I was bullied, but I did get picked on a bit when I was younger. I was ....QUIET! :yik: :vlol: and people saw that as a weakness I guess.

When I came out of my shell I learnt to stand up for myself and stopped people walking all over me. I hate bullies with a passion. I see them on a day to day basis and usually I cannot stand to keep my mouth shut now! I see them on here, on another forum and in RL. To be honest I pity them more than anything cause they really shouldn't criticise others when they all look the way they do :).

there's this chavvy twat at work who called one of our younger female temps "fat" indirectly. He walked past her and went "ooo well that was a ****ing tight squeeze wasn't it" and smirked at her. I was stood right next to them and I was just about to say something when she piped up with "not my fault you have moobs you fat *******" LMAO I hugged her later! He turned round to me for backup and said "omg did you hear that?!" and I walked away and said "yeah truth hurts" LMAO.

XBOXCroft
06-01-10, 08:03
The person in my signature is who discriminates me. He bullies me. He kicks me. He even does battery to me. I just wonder.

He used to be one of my best friends.

I just turn the other cheek. But I really. really. hate. him. At first, I used to be all gung ho, trying to be all, "Please. We can all set this out." Now, just leave him behind. His s*** is not my problem, anyway.

TRenTIs
06-01-10, 08:07
oh girl world rai, girl world and boy world are different when it comes to bullying, in boy world everything gets settled but oh boy girl world is different, girl world nothing usually gets settled, girls want revenge and some girls are stuck up sometimes

That made no sense.

Johnnay
06-01-10, 08:09
oh yes it does make sense

i heard this stuff one Dr Phil episode about bullying about girl and boy worlds

viper456
06-01-10, 08:11
^^ Must be true then :vlol:

XBOXCroft
06-01-10, 08:11
Boy world? Girl world?

I have been enemies with that idiot for 3 years and nothing has changed.

Jo269976
06-01-10, 08:12

i heard this stuff one Dr Phil episode about bullying about girl and boy worlds

If it's not Judge Judy, then it's not true.

TRenTIs
06-01-10, 08:13
*****, please! Oprah is where it's at. :ohn:

I meant your sentence.

January_Snow*
06-01-10, 08:15
Girl bullies are much much much worse, for example in my elementary school girls were all divided in groups, the popular group, the wannabe group, and the weird group.... We boys never had groups we all just hang around together... The girls were horrible, there was a real war going on, around 7th grade when someone would start bothering them they would turn the whole class against them, started stories how that particular girl is a slut (it was true in some cases though)... From watching the cruelty of girl world in elementary school, I just thank God Im a guy, we just throw insults, fight, and then all setlle and be friends again... but with girls its scary....

Offtopic: Johnnay, I have the watch in your avatar, the best watch ever :yah:

Johnnay
06-01-10, 23:55
Girl bullies are much much much worse, for example in my elementary school girls were all divided in groups, the popular group, the wannabe group, and the weird group.... We boys never had groups we all just hang around together... The girls were horrible, there was a real war going on, around 7th grade when someone would start bothering them they would turn the whole class against them, started stories how that particular girl is a slut (it was true in some cases though)... From watching the cruelty of girl world in elementary school, I just thank God Im a guy, we just throw insults, fight, and then all setlle and be friends again... but with girls its scary....

Offtopic: Johnnay, I have the watch in your avatar, the best watch ever :yah:

Exactly. i really dont have a taste to girl bullies these days, they bully me in the future, i threaten them and possibly violence will happen

lol. im glad that you like my avatar January Snow:)

silver_wolf
06-01-10, 23:56
I was bullied in grade school. Teachers never did anything. Old school ass kickin' set things right.

mind
07-01-10, 00:33
Of course I have experienced some troubles with people but I really cant say Ive been bullied. But at primary school I had a girl in my class who so to speak.. wasnt very pretty... and she was bullied because of that until she lost her sanity... literally. She kept on being bullied even after that. I felt so sorry for her. It wasnt even funny when she was wandering the school and saying random words.

silver_wolf
07-01-10, 00:39
Holy crap. Isn't that a crime, driving someone to insanity?

MiCkiZ88
07-01-10, 00:40
Bullied for God knows how long.

All the girls liked me, and guys got jealous. Pretty boy, charming.
Silent/shy when being with guys. Of course I got bullied cause of it.
Tall and thin. Street lamp, hah.. I still get called that.
I didnt do sports, so I had to be gay.

I just coped with it. It was both physical and verbal, but nobody really listened to me at school and I never told my parents because I was too ashamed to admit being bullied. Besides I had problems with a certain family member aswell. I just pretty much just bottled up everything. The only time I said something was after I got thrown at a wall so that it injured my knee. Even then it wasnt from my free will, but because a teacher saw it happening.

My key to coping with it was that I knew it is better to just stand your ground and take it like a man instead of being a whimp and let the bullies go even further with it. Eventually it ended because I didnt give a damn about their bullying. Unfortunately that meant quite a lot of street fights, which ended up on being one against a whole gang. Needless to say who won.

Simochka
07-01-10, 00:41
I've been bullied. Mostly because I'm gay and using make up.
But now everytime someone bully me I turn it into something good and use it against them.

And most people have stopped bully me and many respect me. They know that they will just get a huge **** you if they try to disrespect me.

CroftGameGirl
10-01-10, 10:30

Why don't you try and defend her? :)
Do you not like her?

Johnnay
10-01-10, 19:00
Calm down Hanna:) I know Marianna. She wouldn't hurt someone;)

Anyways Sunday Morning my dad abused me and all( because he was tired waiting for me at 1:30 in the morning. Randomly Said ( because I was dancing with mates at a nightclub I was gay and I said how dare you even say that, besides the yelling) he's always like that

TombOfRaiders
10-01-10, 19:53
I used to get Bullied in primary school, good job I knew judo...:whi:

Marianna12
10-01-10, 19:54
Why don't you try and defend her? :)
Do you not like her?

I do defend her! And that's why I'm mad, cause I'm alone at this, no one cares about her! It's sad really

Johnnay
11-01-10, 07:47
I do defend her! And that's why I'm mad, cause I'm alone at this, no one cares about her! It's sad really

thats very good to hear Nana:D

Carbonek_0051
11-01-10, 07:48
It's good to hear that no one cares about her?:confused:

Paddy
11-01-10, 07:50

I think he meant its good she defended her :p

Johnnay
11-01-10, 07:51

its good to hear shes doing the right thing Nate:)

coolaideonfire
11-01-10, 09:00
The worst thing someone can do is put another person down. When I see it happen now it makes my blood boil because I experienced it relentlessly when I was at school. It was never violent but the constant comments and sneering from select people was an awful experience to go through - no one should think they have the right to put you down.

Same here with a girl who was in my class. She was constantly bullied and no one particularly cared, I'd always defend her and make sure she was ok. Good thing is she's a friend for life now :)