PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP, Vista or 7. Which you prefer?

irishhips
05-01-10, 11:40
Nowadays, there's three microsoft operating systems. XP is on the way out, vista is not great and there is Windows 7. (well I don't much about it) I prefer Window XP because I well used to it. I tried Vista, I don't really like it as much as XP and I never tried Windows 7. So guys, Which you prefer?

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 11:40
Windows 7, hands down. :D

TRenTIs
05-01-10, 11:44
I'm yet to find a major (sp?) difference between them, apart from the obvious; they look different.

Drone
05-01-10, 11:50
XP < Vista < 7

Vista is prettier than Seven. But Seven is more compact and installing faster. They all have pros and cons.

I worked with all of them they can't beat Win2k3.

irjudd
05-01-10, 13:15
I prefer Windows 7 for home/gaming use since it runs new games the best of the three, and I prefer it at work for the explorer tweaks and the networking/file handling features that make it a more pleasant experience. My second choice would be Vista, since it's very close to 7 in both looks and features. XP would be if I had absolutely no other choice and needed a Windows OS desperately.

TRULuverzz
05-01-10, 13:20
I prefer Vista since i haven't tried windows 7 yet, but i do hope to try it out. and XP's just not great IMO :/

daventry
05-01-10, 13:22
XP :D

I Hate Vista, but i want to go 7 so i need to know how close and good is that Program to Winxp and if it leaves Vista Deep Deep Underground :p

NemesisxAngelus
05-01-10, 13:27
XP.

*hugs and holds it tightly, my baby :hug:*

LightningRider
05-01-10, 13:32
XP.

+1.

Never gonna leave it for now. :hug: :D

Marianna12
05-01-10, 13:35
XP.

Yeep!:hug:
Haven't tried 7, but I hate Vista!:p

o0Crofty0o
05-01-10, 13:38
yay!

NemesisxAngelus
05-01-10, 13:40
+1.

Never gonna leave it for now. :hug: :D
If you're not gonna leave it, I'm never gonna give it up. :p

My laptop had Vista but downgraded to XP. My school server was based on Vista, they upgraded to 7. It doesn't crash now every 5 seconds, it now crashes every 10 seconds. Way to go, school server! :tmb:

o0Crofty0o
05-01-10, 13:42

I don't know why you all think Vista is bad....
it's like Win 7....

Just the taskbar is different :D

digitizedboy
05-01-10, 13:44
I like XP, and I currently have Vista running. I own a laptop though and I have absolutely no clue how to do a downgrade safely. :(

NemesisxAngelus
05-01-10, 13:45
I don't know why you all think Vista is bad....
it's like Win 7....

Just the taskbar is different :D

*double clicks* "Are you sure you want to open this file?" *yes* "Are you sure?" *yes* "ARE YOU REALLY, REALLY SURE?" *yes* "Sorry we could not progress your request. Please try again later." *wants to press ok but instead: "An error prevented you from doing this, your device will be rebooting in 5, 4, 3 etc. seconds. Do you want to save any unsaved data? Any unsaved data will be lost." *wants to press yes* "Windows Vista is shutting down." Bam. All your files are gone or either gone unsaved and so is my temper. :wve:

irjudd
05-01-10, 13:52
I Hate Vista, but i want to go 7 so i need to know how close and good is that Program to Winxp and if it leaves Vista Deep Deep Underground :pThing that doesn't make sense didn't make sense. :confused:

*double clicks* "Are you sure you want to open this file?" *yes* "Are you sure?" *yes* "ARE YOU REALLY, REALLY SURE?" *yes* "Sorry we could not progress your request. Please try again later." *wants to press ok but instead: "An error prevented you from doing this, your device will be rebooting in 5, 4, 3 etc. seconds. Do you want to save any unsaved data? Any unsaved data will be lost." *wants to press yes* "Windows Vista is shutting down." Bam. All your files are gone or either gone unsaved and so is my temper. :wve:*clicks* "Do you want to disable User Account Control?" *yes* "Problem solved!" :p

LightningRider
05-01-10, 13:54
*double clicks* "Are you sure you want to open this file?" *yes* "Are you sure?" *yes* "ARE YOU REALLY, REALLY SURE?" *yes* "Sorry we could not progress your request. Please try again later." *wants to press ok but instead: "An error prevented you from doing this, your device will be rebooting in 5, 4, 3 etc. seconds. Do you want to save any unsaved data? Any unsaved data will be lost." *wants to press yes* "Windows Vista is shutting down." Bam. All your files are gone or either gone unsaved and so is my temper. :wve:

:vlol:!

o0Crofty0o
05-01-10, 13:54

Huh xD
Never had problems with Vista :D
Maybe my Pc is the 'Born Vista Pc'
maybe not xD

I just had bluescreens with XP :D

And anyways now i have 7 xD
^^best ever :D

Chocola teapot
05-01-10, 15:00
Xp.

Jack Croft
05-01-10, 15:10
Windows 7 is Heaven.

Phys
05-01-10, 15:14
I prefer Windows 7 for home/gaming use since it runs new games the best of the three, and I prefer it at work for the explorer tweaks and the networking/file handling features that make it a more pleasant experience. My second choice would be Vista, since it's very close to 7 in both looks and features. XP would be if I had absolutely no other choice and needed a Windows OS desperately.

Agree with this entirely.

LightningRider
05-01-10, 15:17
Windows 7 is Heaven.

7th Heaven, huh? :p

JonnyT
05-01-10, 15:21
Vista was okay (Can't go back to XP after that considering how many features you lose out on), and 7 is by far the best :)

T-Sex
05-01-10, 15:22
XP>>98>>>>>>>Windows 7 >>> Vista.

igonge
05-01-10, 15:53
Windows 7, a vast improvement upon XP and Vista. I've had no problems whatsoever.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 15:54
Windows 7

Mind you, I'm stuck with it, so I may as well like it :D

maniakatosheto
05-01-10, 15:57
Windows eXPired , Windows S*itsta and Windaz 7 :D i'd go for windaz 7

Dustie
05-01-10, 16:49
I'm on Vista Home Premium now and to be perfectly honest, I don't have any problems with it. However, I keep reading opinions and comments that XP handled gaming much better than Vista and apparently, is also still better for gaming than Windows 7. I want to upgrade to Windows 7, but I still hesitate and I want to wait until software and drivers catch up a bit.

Generally, I think I would do pretty fine with either of the three ;)

AmericanAssassin
05-01-10, 16:50
I have Vista. I'd like to get 7, but Vista is way sexier. ;)

Dustie
05-01-10, 16:53
But isn't 7 superior in terms of visuals?... More translucency in GUI elements, wallpaper switcher... uhmm... and some other cool stuff I read about but can't remember now :D

Weemanply109
05-01-10, 16:55
Definetly Windows 7 :D Its faster than XP and Vista.

Why does everyone talk trash about Vista? Its better than XP imo, its only cause your pc's most likely can't handle it. Shame

Dustie
05-01-10, 17:01
^ I think it was actually proven over time that Vista has efficiency issues and is less efficient than Windows XP. It was generally regarded as a miss.

:}hello friend
05-01-10, 17:36
I have never had a problem with Vista (Premium), it's pretty, customizable, I like it :D.

Wolf Angel
05-01-10, 18:06
I've never used Vista but I'm kinda used to Windows XP :)

Mona Sax
05-01-10, 18:33
I haven't tried Windows 7 yet. I prefer XP to Vista by a great margin, though. Way less clunky, way more efficient.

Capt. Murphy
05-01-10, 18:45
I'm using XP with a Vista theme. I've disabled the Vista sounds... Those I can't stand.

Now, I'd rather I hadn't change it, but too late now. :mad:

I think I'd like to try Win7... Maybe if/when I buy a laptop.

CuteKittenlol
05-01-10, 18:52
Im using Windows 7 atm and its not THAT great lol

Mokono
05-01-10, 18:53
Im using Windows 7 atm and its not THAT great lol

It's not that bad either.

Drone
05-01-10, 18:57
Now, I'd rather I hadn't change it, but too late now. :mad:

why? just uninstall that theme and get back to classic view

MattTR
05-01-10, 19:21
XP I think is the most simple and basic, but I prefer Windows 7.

I have Vista on my desktop and 7 on my laptop. :)

da tomb raider!
05-01-10, 19:56
XP. It's far from perfect, but compared to Vista, it's much quicker, compatible and efficient. I haven't tried Windows 7 yet, and unless it's compatible with most of my software, I won't be, either.

...I don't know how I'm going to find out if it's compatible without trying it out first, but, er, I'm sure I'll think of something...

Johnnay
05-01-10, 20:03
Thing that doesn't make sense didn't make sense. :confused:

*clicks* "Do you want to disable User Account Control?" *yes* "Problem solved!" :p

this
LMAO

oh i prefer Windows XP and Windows 7

Vista can suck my ass

JonnyT
05-01-10, 20:03
@da tomb raider!

Windows 7 has much better compatibility options than Vista. And in the unlikely event that something isn't compatible, you can download the free Windows XP Mode from Microsoft.

Dustie
05-01-10, 20:04
I take back what I said. I completely forgot every now and then my Vista gets stuck at the loading bar, when I start my computer - it reminded me about it just an hour ago, when I had to restart my computer 5 times, switch it on and off and then restart it once more, run Safe Mode and choose 'Run again' to finally see it start up correctly... It's running fine now, but I'm about to spam a variety of forums for help...

Lol.

Catracoth
05-01-10, 20:14
I've only had XP and Vista and I prefer the latter.

da tomb raider!
05-01-10, 20:21
@da tomb raider!

Windows 7 has much better compatibility options than Vista. And in the unlikely event that something isn't compatible, you can download the free Windows XP Mode from Microsoft.

Glad to hear it. Thanks! :)

Well then, I'll switch to 7 as soon as my current XP PC needs replacing. Which could be rather soon, given the state of it. :p

Drone
05-01-10, 20:43
I completely forgot every now and then my Vista gets stuck at the loading bar

it doesn't mean that it's vistas fault. that happens to xp aswel

Dustie
05-01-10, 21:36
it doesn't mean that it's vistas fault. that happens to xp aswel

Yeah, but I wrote I haven't had any problems with it, while I actually did. Generally speaking.

Drone
05-01-10, 21:42
Yeah, but I wrote I haven't had any problems with it, while I actually did. Generally speaking.

Got it. Generally speaking every OS sooner or later will give a pain in the ass.
I'm using Vista sp2 now and it surprised me. Zero bsods and zero crashes. I remember first versions gave bsdod every single day. It was growing on me.

lara c. fan
05-01-10, 21:47
No problems with 7 so far...

Dark Lugia 2
05-01-10, 22:26
I have Vista SP1... should I upgrade to SP2? Not gotten around nto doing it yet, but dont wanna waste my time =/

Phys
05-01-10, 22:58
I have Vista SP1... should I upgrade to SP2? Not gotten around nto doing it yet, but dont wanna waste my time =/

Yes you should. Service packs are important for both security and performance updates.

Dark Lugia 2
05-01-10, 23:06
ah ok thanks :D could anyone please direct me to a download link for it? I cant seem to find it on google... or my searching skill suck majorly :o I run 32 bit if that helps

Phys
05-01-10, 23:09
Windows Vista, 32-bit versions ALL Language Standalone package
Download the Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - ALL Language Standalone (KB948465) package now. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=891ab806-2431-4d00-afa3-99ff6f22448d&amp;displaylang=en)

:)

Legends
05-01-10, 23:10
Windows 7 Ultimate, that's the shiz. :D

Dark Lugia 2
05-01-10, 23:17
Windows Vista, 32-bit versions ALL Language Standalone package
Download the Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 - ALL Language Standalone (KB948465) package now. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=891ab806-2431-4d00-afa3-99ff6f22448d&amp;displaylang=en)

:)
Ah! so that why I kept seeing windows server 2008! XD :D thanks a lot! I'll download and upgrade now :D

Phys
05-01-10, 23:18
Ah! so that why I kept seeing windows server 2008! XD :D thanks a lot! I'll download and upgrade now :D

No prob :hug:

SamReeves
05-01-10, 23:26
XP is just fine for gaming, but OS X Leopard if I need to do work.

silver_wolf
06-01-10, 01:52
ME all the way! :vlol:
Nah, I got XP and it works fine.

laralives
06-01-10, 02:52
XP. I never want to let go. No matter how many blue screens of death I get. :p

Tony9595
06-01-10, 03:23

I've used Vista since it was released. And I've never had a problem like that, the only thing was the first one, but it just asks me once, so I can live with that :p

The thing I really hated about Vista, is that my free disk space was disappearing with apparently no reason :confused:
But it's sorted out now.

SO, I can say... I love Windows Vista :hug:

Legend 4ever
06-01-10, 04:18
I love Windows 7. No problems with it at all, I'm really glad and surprised. I almost gave $2,000 for MacBook before I bought my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed. It is AMAZING.