PDA

View Full Version : This made me laugh...

KyleCroft
06-01-10, 02:17
http://www.cracked.com/funny-2515-tomb-raider/

So funny, and true. Love it.

remote91
06-01-10, 02:24
"not an appalling racial stereotype at all"

Lol

Atlantean-Squid
06-01-10, 02:27
A third of the way in, I was already wondering which TRF member wrote this. Turns out it's a certain "Mistresselysia".

=O

KyleCroft
06-01-10, 02:27
It also references Titak :)

silver_wolf
06-01-10, 02:31
Nice :D

Quasimodo
06-01-10, 02:39
A third of the way in, I was already wondering which TRF member wrote this. Turns out it's a certain "Mistresselysia".

=O

I just noticed that! Maybe she'll be rejoining us, weird fan artists drawing Lara snogging Kurtis/Larson and all!

larafan25
06-01-10, 03:01
Funny, and true. it would have been better if the word retard wasn't used as an insult, but what can you do.:)

miss.haggard
06-01-10, 03:04
^ Its just retarded isnt it?

silver_wolf
06-01-10, 03:10
lol

MattTR
06-01-10, 03:21
That's Tomb Raider in a nutshell alright.. :eek:

Jo269976
06-01-10, 03:22
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/laraevolution.jpg

Seems Lara has mastered the art of skin pigmentation in between the first three games, either that or she got a really good tan...

On the sun.

MattTR
06-01-10, 03:31
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mistresselysia/laraevolution.jpg

Seems Lara has mastered the art of skin pigmentation in between the first three games, either that or she got a really good tan...

On the sun.

Looks like her upper body has changed in size quite thoroughly over the years.. :whi:

KyleCroft
06-01-10, 03:59
Looks like her upper body has changed in size quite thoroughly over the years.. :whi:

SUCH a guy thing to notice. All jokes.

But yah, what was with Mexi-Lara in tr2? (Just kiddin'! Not meaning to offend anyone!)

MattTR
06-01-10, 04:01
SUCH a guy thing to notice. All jokes.

But yah, what was with Mexi-Lara in tr2? (Just kiddin'! Not meaning to offend anyone!)

Erm, we're all Tomb Raider fans here, no surprise there. :p

Besides that..

:gay:

KyleCroft
06-01-10, 04:36
Erm, we're all Tomb Raider fans here, no surprise there. :p

Besides that..

:gay:

Haha I remembered that after I posted it :o

tranniversary119
06-01-10, 04:40
Pretty good read, funny because it's so true :p

Aranara
06-01-10, 06:17
I loved it. Oh, the irony.

aurora89
06-01-10, 06:46
apparently racial stereotypes are hot to me. I wouldn't say no to pretty much any major/recurring character except Alister, who's dead anyways. *cheerful* Zip is pretty hot (in TRU only), as is Winston (ancient British butlers for the win). Why don't guys like that exist in real life? :( I might be more open to dating/being with guys if the likes of Zip and Winston existed. :p

Shark_Blade
06-01-10, 07:00
^You're willing to date Zip?? :eek:
I'd rather push him down a spiral staircase.

Aranara
06-01-10, 07:04
When I first played Legend I was like: OMG It's so awesome to have these dudes talking to me...After 2 levels I was like: STFU!!!!

Shark_Blade
06-01-10, 07:26
Wonderfully written, I had a great time reading that. :D
Elysia having a baby, no wonder haven't seen her around.

aurora89
06-01-10, 07:48
^You're willing to date Zip?? :eek:
I'd rather push him down a spiral staircase.

I wouldn't DATE him per se, but there are plenty of things I'd like to do to him that I am not at liberty to discuss outside MGC. ;) I mean, I'd far rather have Lara, Amanda, Natla (drool), Anaya, or even Dopple than any guy I can think of, including Zip and Winston, but as far as guys go those two are definitely top of my list. I apparently inherited the 'interest' in dignified older gentlemen and black men from my favourite aunt. :p But it can't be *any* guy, it has to be someone with an interesting back story. And he's a decent dude, watching out for Lara above and beyond what he's paid for... aside from stalking his ex-girlfriends (which would freak me out but not be a dealbreaker... necessarily.) he seems okay.

Also, who's to say I couldn't just duct-tape his mouth shut? :ton: Zip is a world class chef; I wouldn't have to cook my own breakfast anymore. I'd be totally in if I could somehow get gfcf belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, and turkey bacon every morning. :jmp:

ShadyCroft
06-01-10, 12:58
Who wrote this ? :jmp::jmp: I so wanna give them a big kiss and a hug. :hug::D
I enjoyed this very very much and laughed a lot.

call me hyper-excited kindergartner, but there are some really great things written about the Classics and funny stuff, I just felt proud am a fan of this game. Its without a doubt amazing !

Ahhh, TRLE... the Tomb Raider Level Editor. The last refuge of the Old School Raider. There is some seriously good **** here - modders such as Titak, Horus, Gmac, Isis and Richard Lawther prove that sometimes, being an obsessive fan of something isn't all bad, because their levels surpass even Core's levels at times.

:jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp::jmp: :tmb:

Same goes for fanfic - very rarely does Lara actually go off and, you know, explore - it's mainly all about her finding Kurtis / Larsen / Natla / that chick from Legend / Zip / some random OC who is so totally NOT a self insert / all of the above in some kind of mindbogglingly terrifying orgy and making them do unpleasant things to each other.

:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

oh and despite Zip not being a fav for me (totally ruined the game), if he was real I'd date him. Look at him, all muscles and....I'd tap that ! :mis::p :vlol:

Atlantean-Squid
06-01-10, 13:08
I just noticed that! Maybe she'll be rejoining us, weird fan artists drawing Lara snogging Kurtis/Larson and all!

I did wonder if she had the TRF fan art section in mind when she wrote that...

shadow_fire
06-01-10, 13:11
jaja made me laugh.

Lara shuffles from side to side, like she's doing some kind of Cha Cha with added violence :vlol:

Dennis's Mom
06-01-10, 13:16
Quite clever and honest. Thanks for sharing.

ShadyCroft
06-01-10, 13:17
Yes, thanks for sharing.
And thanks for writing. :)

tomblover
06-01-10, 13:21
"Enter the Great White Elephant, also known as 'The Angel of Darkness'"

LOL! :vlol:

Oh God, what it says is so true.

"...so stupid people and those with crippling ADHD could see within two seconds flat where to go and what to do."

The problem is: In most playthroughs I see (Not walkthroughs.) people take like 10 minutes leaving the first area of Bolivia, or something else ludicrous. Jesus.

"...and CD had obviously decided early on that 'the masses' = 'people with brain injuries'."

Here are we folks, every show is different. But so true.

I love them. They are insulting our intelligence. :vlol:

"Ever since the rumour emerged that if you backed Lara into a particular shadowy corner of the original Colosseum level (by the crocodile pit, before you go to the Colosseum proper...), she would emerge naked in all her pointy glory, a certain type of TR fan has wanted one thing and one thing only - a nude Lara."

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME. :eek:

ShadyCroft
06-01-10, 13:25
"Ever since the rumour emerged that if you backed Lara into a particular shadowy corner of the original Colosseum level (by the crocodile pit, before you go to the Colosseum proper...), she would emerge naked in all her pointy glory, a certain type of TR fan has wanted one thing and one thing only - a nude Lara."

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME.

I don't believe that's true. :)

LightningRider
06-01-10, 13:50
:vlol: That's our Tomb Raider!

Crisl
06-01-10, 14:02
Very nice article :) And so true :D
Thanks for sharing :tmb:

Gabi
06-01-10, 14:11
Who wrote this ? :jmp::jmp: I so wanna give them a big kiss and a hug. :hug::D

That would be our very dear (and currently missed) member Elysia (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=15112), the one who also wrote TRF’s Guide to General Chat (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/announcement.php?f=13) (scroll down a bit).

Greenkey2
06-01-10, 15:18
Ahh, Elysia. Oh how we miss her :hug:

I'm so glad she and her new family are doing well, and it's great to see her broadcasting again (written the 1st December 2009). 'Tis without doubt the work of a true-blooded TR fan (with possibly the best sense of humour known to mankind :D)