PDA

View Full Version : I hate gym class

Los Angeles
06-01-10, 20:24
OMG, I mean I like gym, but I hate gym class... especially if we play volleyball and stuff... I just suck at it, and then everyone screams at me and says: "You're so stupid"... and stuf..

Any tips?

hannahbannana
06-01-10, 20:25
That happen's to me too!!!
I love ygm because its the only class i have friends in but when we play sports i get yelled at for doing bad like if i miss a volley ball or if i get a strike out super fast :(

lara c. fan
06-01-10, 20:27
Peeves?
Is that you?

Mystery-King
06-01-10, 20:27
OMG, I mean I like gym, but I hate gym class... especially if we play volleyball and stuff... I just suck at it, and then everyone screams at me and says: "You're so stupid"... and stuf..

Any tips?

Same, I just accept it though and then don't try. :p The teachers know I don't try and ebcause I've been like that for 5 years they've just given up on me! :D The only sport I can do they don't teach at my school! :mad: Swimming, I've one tons of compos! :jmp:

EmeraldFields
06-01-10, 20:28
I didn't like gym class either, but I was always good at volleyball and floor hockey.:p

Minty Mouth
06-01-10, 20:28

Any tips?

You don't like gym class? This is nothing new.

Just get on with it like everyone else. If it's bothering you that much, maybe practice the sports in your free time? Get better at them?

remote91
06-01-10, 20:29
I was terrible at football and forced to play with the cavemen of my p.e class.

They all told me how much I sucked, so when they passed my the ball I kicked it as hard as possible - went straight over the fence and into the road, delaying their precious game dramatically :p

Marianna12
06-01-10, 20:30
I'm the same actually! Just pretend you're trying:p

remote91
06-01-10, 20:32
Oh and if you want a tip, just laugh at them everytime they shout any crap at you, let the know you really don't care about their stupid games

TRULuverzz
06-01-10, 20:33
i only hate gym class when all the super jocks shows off and they think they're like better than everybody and giving no-one else a chance to play :(

irjudd
06-01-10, 20:36
Get better at volleyball.

Minty Mouth
06-01-10, 20:37
Get better at volleyball.

I already said this! Get your own remarks! :(

Los Angeles
06-01-10, 20:37
I mean...I don't really suck at anything... it's just the rules I sometimes can't follow...

And in germany everyone is so enthusiastic about sports and it's just about winning for them...

Gym class in America was better, everyone got a chance, even the fat kids like me :wve:

Surohicko
06-01-10, 20:40
But you're in Germany, and we all know Germany :rolleyes:

Mystery-King
06-01-10, 20:41
I mean...I don't really suck at anything... it's just the rules I sometimes can't follow...

And in germany everyone is so enthusiastic about sports and it's just about winning for them...

Gym class in America was better, everyone got a chance, even the fat kids like me :wve:

Germany?! I've been there once to Hildesheim! Nice place. ;)

T-Sex
06-01-10, 20:42
I used to hate it really badly. It ruined the entire day.

Los Angeles
06-01-10, 20:43
I used to hate it really badly. It ruined the entire day.

OMG, I can totally get what you mean... and tomorrow is such a day for me. :(

Rai
06-01-10, 20:45
So it's the rules that you don't like? Well, hello to the world LA. Rules are there for a reason and in sports, you pretty much just have to accept that's how it goes in the sport.

You can't be expected to like all sports though and school is pretty good at picking to teach the worst ones, lol.

I hated PE when I was at school because I wasn't too good at most sports and was always picked last for team sports.

Surohicko
06-01-10, 20:45
Just enjoy your day :vlol:

MangelinaJolie
06-01-10, 20:46
Yesterday in PE we were playing kickball, and my team was out in the field, so I stood to the side against the bleachers... when the other team kicked the ball it came right towards me (while I was partially out-of-mind I might add) so I kicked it up and started juggling it with my feet. I didn't realize it until someone came over and grabbed it and was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"

I usually don't do anything in there besides stand around or off to the side, daydreaming.

Lightning Soul
06-01-10, 21:02
Grab the ball and hit folk in the face, lol what else can you do? :)

I liked gym as a kid, but we had to do Scottish Highland Dancing and from then on I hated it... sucks to be a scot at times... THE GAY GORDONS, anyone?

:o

Sgt BOMBULOUS
06-01-10, 21:20
Dear Jesus... Gym class was the bane of my existence until I graduated High School. I was never good at sports and I'm still not. I don't think there can be any one good way to get kids motivated to exercise... For me, forcing me to play games I wasn't the slightest bit interested in didn't work very well.

Jo269976
06-01-10, 21:23
Stab the ball.

And laugh maniacally, no one will even go near you again.

Aranara
06-01-10, 21:24
I love gym class because I am the best in my class at it:jmp: Too bad we don't have a swimming pool at school :(

T-Sex
06-01-10, 21:25
Dear Jesus... Gym class was the bane of my existence until I graduated High School. I was never good at sports and I'm still not. I don't think there can be any one good way to get kids motivated to exercise... For me, forcing me to play games I wasn't the slightest bit interested in didn't work very well.

Yep, it had the opposite effect it was intended to on me.

lara c. fan
06-01-10, 21:26
I love gym class because I am the best in my class at it:jmp: Too bad we don't have a swimming pool at school :(

We do :p
But it's so cold, even in summer :p
Mind you, cools you down loads though :p

Amenophis
06-01-10, 22:58

Any tips?

Show them that you're confident. Either ignore but everybody has a limit and when they cross it. Yell back, tell them to cool it or **** off. You see good ppl would try to help you not yell at youu.

tombraiderluka
06-01-10, 22:59
I'm very good at sports and enjoy gym class, hope this helps :hug:

Lost_Soul
06-01-10, 23:00
I loved gym.At least it's better than sitting in a classroom. Volleyball, basketball and dodgeball were my favourite. ^^

But seriously...saying you're stupid just cause you don't like the game or aren't that good ad it is crazy. Just ignore them, then they'll see that it won't get to you and they'll shut up.

Reckless Lara
07-01-10, 00:14
Yeah, I know. I'm not good at gym class either. I do like working out but not at school :). And it's just ****ing me off how many of my classmates not only are keen in gym class but also they yell at someone while playing if something doesn't go well.

Just nod and make fake promises that ''yes, yes , sure, alright'' ;)

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 00:15

I will give you credit for this.

Hyper_Crazy
07-01-10, 00:18
Same with me really, in the end I just stopped doing pe/sports/gym whatever you call it. Although when I did do it and people had a go at me I told them to shutup and it worked pretty well for me, altho I don't advise it haha.

ClassicCroft
07-01-10, 00:18
I love gym class =D, I,m verry good in sports, but i haven,t gym anymore. =[

mind
07-01-10, 01:03
I always get the day ruined by PE (not to mention the fact that at our fantastic school only girls have showers). I really dont suck at sport but I totally miss the motivation to chase after the ball. So the conclusion is that I get so bored that I lifelessly begin to wander the playground, the teacher starts yelling at me and I yell back. I really love gymnastics though. :P

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-01-10, 01:05
I hated gym SO much. I failed it my Junior year in high school and had to take two classes in one day... Back to back. I failed because my attendance sucked. But be thankful you're not in that position. THAT was ridiculous. Pretty sure my teacher had it in for me, too. I used to dread going to gym every day. And I think Illinois (where I'm from) is the ONLY state in the US required to have gym all four years of high school. Stupid.

My advice? Just get through it. Ignore the idiots who try and make you feel like you aren't as good as them. It's just gym class. People need to relax about it a little; I remember kids used to get so competitive for nothing. Before you know it, it'll be over, so just try your best. That's all anyone can ask of you.

TRhalloween
07-01-10, 01:06

:vlol:

Legend 4ever
07-01-10, 02:15
I used to hate PE before I discovered Weight Lifting. I love machines and cardio. I never played team sports well, I sucked when we played soccer and basketball but I just ignored the remarks and went on to play tennis and voleyball. Now I'm a senior in high school, have been lifitng weights for 2 years and I'm happy i've found something I like.

As for real advice, I don't really have one. If you want to be better, try and practice, but if you really don't want, like I didn't when I was 12 or 14 or whatever, just hold on for a while, you'll be outta there soon. I realized it's not so bad to be laughed at because A: you will have reason to laugh at so many people in the future(if you want to that is) B: it makes you stronger.

elizard_9594
07-01-10, 02:57
i know the feeling of the people yelling at you. the guys in my p.e. class are super-jocks, and i'm not so much, though i really hate people telling me what to do. So ive been standing up for myself lately. such as this past week:

monday - we were playing wiffle ball i jumped up to bat and one particular jerk in my class goes "okay elizabeth hit it to me. straight to me okay. come on you can do it. just straight into my hand." because everyone knows i have a tendncy to hit it to the left alot. he kept going on and i got a strike the first swing, but the second, i blocked it all out, took aim and swung as hard as i could. it sent it to him all right! line drive straight to his mannhood and a homerun for me! got him to shut up all right!

tuesday - back to volleyball and same guy was giving me a hard time cuz my team was losing. then i got up to serve and my competetive side kicked in. i sent a bunch of my overhand serves directly his direction, which he either missed, or hit and they left angry red marks on his arms. and then when i got to front row, he was right in front of me and giving me crap again just cuz he could. so when he hit it over the net i spiked it back down in his face. (and with me being a person of a short stature of 5'3" this is quite a feat for me to be above the net)

mau3genius
07-01-10, 06:53
I failed P.E. Even though my teacher told me I was actually quite good at it, I failed 'cause I attended like 2 classes in a whole year :p So yeah, I don't like it hehe

Uzi master
07-01-10, 07:35
I hate gym too "you can do girl push-ups if youre having trouble":hea: but volleyball is one of the only sports I'm decent at, that and badmenton (not searly as much running as basket ball) anyway, just try talking with freinds during class to lessen the pain of physical stuff, I did it and still got a C+ (lowest grade but still)

AmericanAssassin
07-01-10, 07:36
Gym is absolute torture. Seriously. It sucks. That's why I'm not happy I have to take a P.E. class in university. :(

just*raidin*tomb
07-01-10, 08:07

Any tips?

I always hated it, unless we had a choice of what we wanted to do. People who were athletic would ALWAYS **** me off.:o I love Volleyball though! Any sport with a net (except basketball-ew!) I enjoy playing.

What grade are you in? I was only required to take PE till 9th. I haven't taken it in over 2 years, so I am pretty out of shape.:p Don't worry about those guys that make fun of you...THEY are stupid!:mad: He'll grow up to a fat, lazybutt, tellin' watching endless seasons of American Idol and Telletubbies, while you become a wonderfully established and succesful (insert dream occupation hear).

I always think about it like this... people who treat other people horribly are not even worth attempting to be aware of their existence. This is how use to deal with stuff like this and no body dares to say anything about me now, because I don't respond. :vlol:

You live in Germany? Yeah, here in America, atleast where I live, PE isn't all competitive. Mostly about learning how to play, how to stay fit and healthy, having good sportsmenship, and having fun. But the ones who are competitive can always make things terrible. And it really sucks being forced to play a sport that you despise b/c of it's stupid confusing rules. :o

Quasimodo
07-01-10, 08:45
Gym is absolute torture. Seriously. It sucks. That's why I'm not happy I have to take a P.E. class in university. :(

Luckily you've got lots of choices when it comes to post-secondary P.E.

Like many others, I hated gym class, especially in high school. I was intensely self-conscious and there's nothing like that ego-crushing look of bewilderment I got from others when they saw they were stuck with me on their team. Gym class taught me how much it sucks to be a liability.

tonyme
07-01-10, 08:50
I hated gym class in junior high and high school. I never was good at sports, well especially the 'game' sports like basketfall, football (soccer), handball, etc. and everyone else was really good at it. I always dreaded that class and it was once a week.

In university I have to take a PE class in the second semester (or in the summer semester) but there are lots of choices to pick from so maybe that will be alright, I hope so at least.

Jedd Fletcher
07-01-10, 08:53
I don't like gym class and gym in general. I'm a nerd through and through, and I'm just not the athletic type.

hera7days
07-01-10, 10:09
Gym class. *shudder* Whenever I start dreading some paper I have to write, remembering the sheer uncomfortableness of gym class puts things in perspective. (Although, strangely, I don't remember getting picked on for my lack of skills)

In Elementary school, there was one bright spot to gym. Hockey. For some reason, I was always more comfortable with that sport, to the point of being able to enjoy it- even if I wasn't good at it. But then came middle school, where everyone hit the puck very hard, and I was afraid to come near it. Then there was nothing for me.

Eventually, I decided to take gym in summer school, and be done with it early. Best decision I ever made.

knightgames
07-01-10, 10:18
Now now. Not all jocks are self absorbed neanderthals. I was horrible in gym class. For health reasons I never was enrolled, but had corrective surgury and I wanted to participate so badly. I fianlly did. I was embarassingly bad.

Anyway, despite my horribleness I decided to try out for intramural basket ball. Practice makes perfect and all that...... Well I was on a team with several great guys. They were the jocks of the school. You know. The ones who make quarterback or all star in their sport. I took a pass from this one team mate and managed to get it upcourt to pass it off for a score. Just as I passed it I collided with an opposing team mate and crashed. Glasses went flying. I was on the floor. Not wanting to look terrible and being excited over my first assist I got up as fast as possible.

The "jocks" were there to help pick me up. One got my glasses. CLEANED them and handed them back to me. I banged my knee bad enough that I didn't continue the game and skipped the next few games.

Not being a very good player (and looking even worse by playing on the same team as the elite atheletes) I skipped out on the activity.

EVERY single jock on the team asked me to come back and play. The regular kids on the team didn't know I was gone.

I'm sorta proud to say that one of those kids went on to be secret service and helped protect President Clinton. Knowing him from back in the day I can see it.

And when I did participate in gym class it was the 'regular kids' who made the most sport of me. Gawd I hated Jr High.

LightningRider
07-01-10, 10:53
I like Gym Class. Nobody picks me! Benches FTW! :jmp:

SGRaider
07-01-10, 12:04
I don't like gym class too much. They make us do the stupid normatives and stuff, but that's like 6-7 classes for the whole year, the other time we just play volleyball. I can't play very good, but I try to improve and think of the class as a way of relaxation from all the hard studies.

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 12:43
I like gym. I'm rubbish at sports, people have a go at me, but I just shrug :p

Should be able to start weight training soon, with full access to my school's gym :jmp:

Laralissa
07-01-10, 12:51
Who *doesnt* hate gym class. Thankfully I stopped taking it in 5th year, which is almost 5 years ago now haha. I was never picked for people's teams, I was literally that one who's left standing and pawned off to one of them with a coin flip. I was just generally quite crap at all sports, especially the ones with tons of rules (like tennis, for example - Id be alright at it if it were as simple as getting it over the fence, but no, theres all the bloody distances to take into account...)

But on top of them all, swimming was my worst nightmare. Not because I wasnt good at it, I was actually one of the better swimmers there, but I was just so self concious to be seen in my swimsuit in front of the rest of the class. Not to mention at the end of the class itd take forever to get dry and without fail there'd always be something like maths next, where the teacher would go mental if you were even a minute late. Of course our gym teacher never cared about that, he only ever let us out about one minute before the bell for next class went, which was just impossible.

However, there's one thing no male teacher can question - a girls time of the month. So when I took a letter in each week of that month we had swimming, he basically had to say 'okay' and let me sit out. Who's honestly gonna turn around and say 'Now Lara, its been 27 days and you're still...?' :p

Psychos'Я'Us
07-01-10, 12:58
Lmao, I haven't been in gym class for like 2 years...actually, make it 3 because the 2 or 3 times I went in one year don't really count :mis: I would like to thank the teacher for not giving a **** and my amazing doctor <3 Love them.

voltz
07-01-10, 14:23
Factory Labor >>> gym

Jacen
07-01-10, 14:49
I'm the odd one out I guess.... I used to love gym classes...

Jack Croft
07-01-10, 15:07
Forcing people to do sports they hate is always a bad idea.

Chocola teapot
07-01-10, 15:13
I hate it and truely beleive it smells.

ThatNorskChick
07-01-10, 15:29
I found gym fun because I went to small schools where I knew everyone. I chickened out when I got to high school and managed to duck out of gym by taking marching band.

Nemo_91
07-01-10, 15:31
Forcing people to do sports they hate is always a bad idea.

:tmb:

I'm kinda athletic type, though I hate it when my teacher forces me to do whatever she wants me to do; like volleyball. Not that I hate it but I suck at it.

xXhayleyroxXx
07-01-10, 15:38
I hated every single one of my gym teachers - i hated how they forced me to do things. I like sport by myself or with friends - namely cycling, running, swimming, badminton, tennis, dodgeball.

Gym class... was cold, has changing-room wars and resulted in an injury every lesson.

Surohicko
07-01-10, 15:41
I just want everyone to know that L.A. solved his gym problem by "forgetting" his gym clothes :D

xXhayleyroxXx
07-01-10, 15:44
I just want everyone to know that L.A. solved his gym problem by "forgetting" his gym clothes :D

We got after-school detention for that - sucked :(

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 16:06
We got after-school detention for that - sucked :(

I remember it was non-uniform day, so we didn't take our uniform cards (they get signed for not having correct uniform), I forgot my P.E kit, got told to give the teacher my uniform card, which I of course didn't have.
He then sent me to the Heads office for not having my uniform card.

It got sorted out, however, and I got in no trouble :)

xXhayleyroxXx
07-01-10, 16:37
I remember it was non-uniform day, so we didn't take our uniform cards (they get signed for not having correct uniform), I forgot my P.E kit, got told to give the teacher my uniform card, which I of course didn't have.
He then sent me to the Heads office for not having my uniform card.

It got sorted out, however, and I got in no trouble :)

you have uniform cards? That's extreme!

T-Sex
07-01-10, 16:43
Whats a uniform card? :confused:

xXhayleyroxXx
07-01-10, 16:44
Whats a uniform card? :confused:

a card that gets signed when you forget your uniform

Sgt BOMBULOUS
07-01-10, 16:59
a card that gets signed when you forget your uniform

Do they sign it if you dress up as Grimace?

http://i48.************/23t5bpg.jpg

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 17:16
you have uniform cards? That's extreme!
IKR?

They'd expel you at my school probably :p

larson n natla
07-01-10, 17:24
I was terrible at football and forced to play with the cavemen of my p.e class.

They all told me how much I sucked, so when they passed my the ball I kicked it as hard as possible - went straight over the fence and into the road, delaying their precious game dramatically :p

This was my experiance from year 7 to year 9 were I actually began to make an effort getting to know the 'cavemen' some of them were really nice and just passionate and just laughed off my terrible football ablity it became more about having a laugh than winning which actually made me enjoy PE. On the other hand some are just shameless idiots who actually beleive winning at football is the meaning of life. So yeah try and make friends with them and make a bit of banter back honestly they could be really nice people :) .

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 17:57

My guess is they would be signing some sort of legal document, never mind a Uniform Card

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 17:57
My guess is they would be signing some sort of legal document, never mind a Uniform Card

flawless ol' Jake :p

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 17:59

flawless ol' Jake :p
^_^

What the heck is "Grimace" anyways?

almayah
07-01-10, 18:08
:yah::tea:I hated gym class too, whenever we played volleyball i'd say my head or stomach hurts, so i never had to play

jackles
07-01-10, 18:15
Ah the delights of PE..the only PE i did for three years was dance. I bunked off virtually every lesson. When I did turn up instead of standard PE kit, me and my mate sported ankle length pleated skirts, stripey socks and in my case a hat I had made...

:cln:

I have never embraced conformity.

We had 'diligence slips' to show how hard working we were..1 being excellent, 5 terrible. The swimming teacher gave me a '2'....don't know why as I never did a single lesson...I must have just looked as if I was a good swimmer as I fooled around at the poolside.

:jmp:

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 18:17
Ah the delights of PE..the only PE i did for three years was dance. I bunked off virtually every lesson. When I did turn up instead of standard PE kit, me and my mate sported ankle length pleated skirts, stripey socks and in my case a hat I had made...

I have never embraced conformity.

We had 'diligence slips' to show how hard working we were..1 being excellent, 5 terrible. The swimming teacher gave me a '2'....don't know why as I never did a single lesson...I must have just looked as if I was a good swimmer as I fooled around at the poolside.

:jmp:
Either that or you look great in a bathing suit...

irjudd
07-01-10, 18:17
:cln:!

jackles
07-01-10, 18:22

That would be LOOKED.....

;)

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 18:23

I sever all ties with you :pi:

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 18:30
I sever all ties with you :pi:

Every friend we ever had it coming,
I will sever the tie, sever the tie with you,
you can thank your lucky stars,
everything I wish for will never come true.

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 18:31
Every friend we ever had it coming,
I will sever the tie, sever the tie with you,
you can thank your lucky stars,
everything I wish for will never come true.

Well, until this whole swimsuit thing blows over...

Sgt BOMBULOUS
07-01-10, 18:33
^_^

What the heck is "Grimace" anyways?

No one knows... Not even McDonalds, and they created him!

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 18:35
No one knows... Not even McDonalds, and they created him!

Now Im hungry for fast food.

Go to gym class so you can burn off your cheeseburgers, kids.

rowanlim
08-01-10, 05:39
We didn't have gym class in school, it was called Physical Education, it was an hour of kids doing whatever sporty stuff they wanted. I was *still am* into badminton so that's the game I'll play, I'm not into basketball etc ;)

tombfan91
08-01-10, 06:06

Any tips?

hmmm well my trick was telling the teacher i wanted to walk around the track or something. it makes up the points you may have lost for not participating. it always works for me.