PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft : Most Beautiful Woman in the World?!

SpencerYarman
07-01-10, 16:43
Hey, I thought this was amazing.
Someone photo-edited a combination of well known beautiful women, to create the "most beautiful woman", and I couldnt help but notice its pretty much Lara Croft.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2010/01/e60jv-2.jpg

HAHA!

Pretty much spectacular.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
07-01-10, 16:47
Charlize Theron looks ghastly in that picture (I would have thought they'd try to find a better picture of her to generate the worlds most beautiful woman)...

As for it resembling Lara... I can sort of see it (not in underworld though)

Rai
07-01-10, 16:56
If you think about it, a lot of those women have similar features: big eyes, small noses and full lips. CD in designing their Lara model probably do look at women/celebraties that are seen as attractive as sort of beauty templates.

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 16:58
More like blandest woman in the world. That final image is just......boringly generic. She has no uniquity-ness!

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:24
they could have just put a picture of Angelina Jolie, and it would be the most beautiful woman in the world.

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 17:24
they could have just put a picture of Angelina Jolie, and it would be the most beautiful woman in the world.
Aww thanks :hug:

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:26
^ you say that as if you are Angelina Jolie. but, then again, you never know. but judging from your profile pic, i'd say youre not.

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 17:27
^ you say that as if you are Angelina Jolie. but, then again, you never know. but judging from your profile pic, i'd say youre not.
I am :) Hi! :wve:

Lara Croft!
07-01-10, 17:27
The matches Fox+Belucci & Portman+Johansson are the best! :cln:

Trigger_happy
07-01-10, 17:29
More like blandest woman in the world. That final image is just......boringly generic. She has no uniquity-ness!

That's what I thought. She looks so bored and dull. I'd taken them all naturally, rather then some freakish, bored head.

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:34
I am :) Hi! :wve:

nice to meet you? but Angelina Jolie (the Oscar winning actress) doesnt look like the person on your profile page. you might be Angelina Jolie, if that is your legal name.

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 17:35
nice to meet you? but Angelina Jolie (the Oscar winning actress) doesnt look like the person on your profile page. you might be Angelina Jolie, if that is your legal name.
It's my long lost younger brother, I love him so much :hug:

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 17:36

*Banned for impersonation*

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:38

how can you love someone that you never met?

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 17:40
*Banned for impersonation*

That's it, no VIP access to Salt premiere :smk:

:eek:

These actresses are really pretty :) That first one is a babe ;)

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:43

:eek:

i meant in regards to your supposed long lost brother.

i can understand loving a celebrity/ famous person that youve never met, or have for that matter.

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:44
sorry, double posted.

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 17:47
i meant in regards to your supposed long lost brother.

i can understand loving a celebrity/ famous person that youve never met, or have for that matter.
Love doesn't care for distances, son.

Anyway about that final girl, I find her very pretty, even if her face might seem a bit common. She has flawless facial structure. :)

jackles
07-01-10, 17:51

Anyway about that final girl, I find her very pretty, even if her face might seem a bit common. She has flawless facial structure. :)

Thank goodness something on topic....

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...that is a very westernised version of beauty. Other cultures may not find the image so attractive.

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 17:51
The first picture of Jessica Alba is the best one there :p

I don't find Scarlett Johannsen attractive, though.

Punaxe
07-01-10, 17:54

Yep. Averaging lots of beautiful faces into one face does not get you the most beautiful face in the world - it just gets you an averaged face. And I think it's pretty well-reported that people don't like genericness.

robm_2007
07-01-10, 17:54

WHAT! im your son? so you are my long lost father? :eek::yik::jmp:

but i do think that the final woman is beautiful, to be on topic.

Tombraiderx08
07-01-10, 19:13
A lot of them look very lara like to me?

Dingaling
07-01-10, 19:33
A lot of them look very lara like to me?

It's funny you say that because quite a few of the women in the picture are fan suggestions for Lara in another film.

just*raidin*tomb
07-01-10, 19:47

Yeah, she looks like some sort of advanced robot or something.

Laralissa
07-01-10, 19:56
Well they certainly chose the worst possible photo of Jennifer Love Hewitt, didn't they.

As for the final image, I have to agree - dull as anything, so unique beauty - though thats obviously going to be a problem when you choose the most generically 'beautiful' women in hollywood to mix :p

Jedd Fletcher
08-01-10, 05:30
The final generated image looks very mannequin-ish. It may have no flaws, but that in the end seems to be the flaw. The individual women have more uniqueness and variation in their looks, blending them together doesn't necessarily make the most beautiful woman.

Ikas90
08-01-10, 10:14
I wonder if people with those exact faces (besides the originals) actually exist. :cln:

Encore
08-01-10, 14:37
It's easy to see why one would think of Lara Croft. Lara Croft, like any other virtual character, is designed to be beautiful in the most generic possible way, to appeal to everyone. It's normal than a generic beautiful face reminds us of her.

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-01-10, 14:42
It's easy to see why one would think of Lara Croft. Lara Croft, like any other virtual character, is designed to be beautiful in the most generic possible way, to appeal to everyone. It's normal than a generic beautiful face reminds us of her.

That's a great point, and kind of sad now that you mention it.

Azerutan
08-01-10, 14:46
The most beautiful women in the world are either American or British in the most part :vlol:

I feel sorry for other nations :vlol:

Encore
08-01-10, 14:49
The most beautiful women in the world are either American or British in the most part :vlol:

Hehe, so true. Thank god this is just the opinion of some random person of the internet with too much time on their hands. :p

Rai
08-01-10, 14:50

I'm gonna presume you're being sarcastic or...something.

I've seen plenty of Asian/African/other culture women who are stunning. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. What is beauty to one may not be for another.

Catapharact
08-01-10, 14:54

Its funny you mentioned that since the new LC game model looks anything but British. Actually IMO, this woman comes close to that model then anyone else.

http://www.weepic.com/out.php/i2064_AishwaryaRaiPic020.jpg

LightningRider
08-01-10, 14:56
The matches Fox+Belucci & Portman+Johansson are the best! :cln:

Agreed, those had an absolute elegance to them. :tmb:

Encore
08-01-10, 15:31

I've seen plenty of Asian/African/other culture women who are stunning. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder anyway. What is beauty to one may not be for another.

Lol! It was pretty obvious that Azerutan was criticizing the image. :p

@Cat - I had no clue there was a new Lara model. :confused: But then again I've been absent from the Future TR section..

touchthesky
08-01-10, 15:38
Lol! It was pretty obvious that Azerutan was criticizing the image. :p

@Cat - I had no clue there was a new Lara model. :confused: But then again I've been absent from the Future TR section..

I dont think there is a new model lol.

Catapharact
08-01-10, 15:38

See to me, the future TR Games are just phantoms for the time being Lol! So when I say "New TR Game Model" I ment TR Underworld, TRL, etc.

http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/2659/tomb_raider_underworld/fotos/set/tomb_raider_underworld-463781.jpg

The Resemblence to Miss Rai is... uncanny.

tombraiderluka
08-01-10, 15:40
See to me, the future TR Games are just phantoms for the time being Lol! So when I say "New TR Game Model" I ment TR Underworld, TRL, etc.
http://www.3djuegos.com/juegos/2659/tomb_raider_underworld/fotos/set/tomb_raider_underworld-463781.jpg

It doesn't look like lara at all

Mad Tony
08-01-10, 15:42

I feel sorry for other nations :vlol:Depends who you ask really. Most if not all of the women I find attractive are from either North America, Britain, Europe or Australia. Ask somebody else though and their response could be completely different.

Azerutan
08-01-10, 15:47

Of course I'm being sarcastic :vlol:

Oh, and all of them just happen to be super models, actresses or playback singers. It would be interesting to see, like, a bus driver to be considered the most beautiful women in the world, but I guess bus drivers don't earn enough to pay for botox and fake boobs...

I do have a different notion of what beauty is, different from the media and mainstream culture that is, but, meh, this is such a funny topic that I wouldn't mind being even more sarcastic...

And oh, I personally know some Indian, African, Asian and Arabian women who are insanely beautiful and they're your everyday person you meet in some random bar. That's why I don't really pay attention to movie stars or anything like those - they're gorgeous, yes, but they all seem a fašade. Take out the make-up, the light, the hair, and you'll have... someone completely different.

Even though, Angelina Jolie in her "normal state" (:D) is still HOT!

Encore
08-01-10, 15:49

I don't agree :o I think the "new" TR model is so bland and generic that she becomes in fact ugly... or at least, unattractive. The actress you posted (I just can't spell her name, damn!) is gorgeous. I think the reason is because she has a blend of asian and european traits which makes her look very unique. While Lara's model is just.... well, bland.

Catapharact
08-01-10, 15:49
And oh, I personally know some Indian, African, Asian and Arabian women who are insanely beautiful and they're your everyday person you meet in some random bar. That's why I don't really pay attention to movie stars or anything like those - they're gorgeous, yes, but they all seem a fašade. Take out the make-up, the light, the hair, and you'll have... someone completely different.

Think you just summed up my views on actresses and beauty in a single nice paragraph.

interstellardave
08-01-10, 15:54
I see women every day who are strikingly beautiful... it's true that they are everywhere. The only reason that women who happen to be actresses and singers--or are otherwise in the public eye--are discussed so much is because we all know them. We have common points of reference when discussing them and looking at pictures of them.

jackles
08-01-10, 15:54

Oh, and all of them just happen to be super models, actresses or playback singers. It would be interesting to see, like, a bus driver to be considered the most beautiful women in the world, but I guess bus drivers don't earn enough to pay for botox and fake boobs...
I do have a different notion of what beauty is, different from the media and mainstream culture that is, but, meh, this is such a funny topic that I wouldn't mind being even more sarcastic...

Even though, Angelina Jolie in her "normal state" (:D) is still HOT!

You missed out nose jobs....;)

and I also made the point about it being a very westernized image of beauty. ;)

Mad Tony
08-01-10, 15:59
and I also made the point about it being a very westernized image of beauty. ;)You have a point but don't a lot of western men (not me personally though) find far-eastern women really attractive?

jackles
08-01-10, 16:07
Yes they do. Maybe a mix of beautiful women from all over the world would be a better.

Rai
08-01-10, 16:07
You missed out nose jobs....;)

and I also made the point about it being a very westernized image of beauty. ;)

To be fair to whoever created the image, Lara is Western, so maybe that was their criteria in making it?

If Lara was African for instance, maybe they would have tried to create a picture using models/actresses with similar features.

It is a sad fact that celebrities are often seen as the level (this isn't the word I wanted, but my mind has gone blank) to go on when it comes to beauty. Everyday women from the street are overlooked as well, they aren't in the public eye. Which could explain why, in creating Lara's look, CD create a picture perfect model as they base her looks in a similar way to whoever created the image in the OP. Maybe if they scoured England for everyday women and took pictures of them, they'd end up creating a more realistic model.

anniversarytr11
08-01-10, 16:10
Someone photo-edited a combination of well known beautiful women, to create the "most beautiful woman", and I couldnt help but notice its pretty much Lara Croft.

HAHA!

Pretty much spectacular.

:vlol: :vlol:

Catapharact
08-01-10, 16:12
this isn't the word I wanted, but my mind has gone blank) to go on when it comes to beauty. Everyday women from the street are overlooked as well, they aren't in the public eye. Which could explain why, in creating Lara's look, CD create a picture perfect model as they base her looks in a similar way to whoever created the image in the OP. Maybe if they scoured England for everyday women and took pictures of them, they'd end up creating a more realistic model.

I'll be completely honest... If I were to compare the ladies I know to actresses both interms of personality and looks, they will spark a sense of inferiority complex in the actresses since they just can't compete. Why? Because the women I know are naturally beautiful. I have seen them without makeup and they still manage to beat the "high" standards of celebrity beauty.

Its ironic that women don't understand that a photographer usually is out there looking for a fresh face to shoot whereas the women of the world are trying to shape their faces to look like Angelina and the like.

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-01-10, 16:13

Great point. :tmb:

I don't agree :o I think the "new" TR model is so bland and generic that she becomes in fact ugly... or at least, unattractive. The actress you posted (I just can't spell her name, damn!) is gorgeous. I think the reason is because she has a blend of asian and european traits which makes her look very unique. While Lara's model is just.... well, bland.

I completely agree with this. It's as if they tried so hard to make the TRU Lara character model as generically "beautiful" as possible. White skin, huge pouty lips, big eyes, large breasts, bubble butt, an unrealistically stretched body... the list goes on. Unfortunately, it backfired on them, and instead of making an "uber beauty", they made a butt ugly barbie doll that wouldn't survive five minutes left to her own devices.

I'd love to see a more realistic and less cliche looking Lara. They tried to make her perfect and failed miserably. If she looked more like an actual woman, with some unique features thrown in the mix, she'd look so much more beautiful and practical, it's a win-win situation.

Its ironic that women don't understand that a photographer usually is out there looking for a fresh face to shoot whereas the women of the world are trying to shape their faces to look like Angelina and the like.

Precisely. :tmb: The media is always on the lookout for a fresh and new looking face, not a carbon copy of the plethora of celebs we already have. Why would we need two Angelinas? Or two Jesica Albas? That's no fun, and just plain boring.

Your unique features make you who you are, and will in turn, cause you to stand out. Beauty is not a cookie cutter image, it's diverse, and if everyone looked exactly the same, they wouldn't be considered very beautiful anymore.

Encore
08-01-10, 16:25
I see women every day who are strikingly beautiful... it's true that they are everywhere. The only reason that women who happen to be actresses and singers--or are otherwise in the public eye--are discussed so much is because we all know them. We have common points of reference when discussing them and looking at pictures of them.

This is very true. Sometimes when people ask me what I think is attractive in a man, I might throw in features from famous guys just because it makes it easier to explain; but on my daily life I sometimes see men that I find gorgeous without looking anything like any of those famous guys.

I think that there's a whole diferent standard anyway. Like Cat said, on our daily lives we see people with a whole natural beauty, that can be much more attractive, but on celebs we kinda expect "statue-like perfection" to stare at. :p

Megalith
08-01-10, 16:34
None of these fit the image and personality of Lara in the slightest.

They are too perfect (as in "perfect" for a western advertisement company) and too fake.
They would be perfect to take them for shopping at Harrods or to make a perfume advert but it would be silly to have any of them in Lara's boots,pointing guns and getting dirty.
Much like Crystal's interpretation of Lara's face they are not convincing enough.

Trigger_happy
08-01-10, 16:37
Beauty isn't just a physical thing. Natalie Portman looks hot, but its even hotter knowing she can speak fluent French! because everything sounds sexier in French...

LaraLuvrrr
08-01-10, 16:46
She looks so... white and dull. But i dont really think she looks like Lara more like a model prototype since most models kinda look like her.

jackles
08-01-10, 16:48

HAHA!

Pretty much spectacular.

I think it is only the OP's idea that it looks like Lara not the original point of the creator of the images.

Megalith
08-01-10, 16:53
I think it is only the OP's idea that it looks like Lara not the original point of the creator of the images.

Still the fact that this image reminded the OP of Lara,should say something about the face appeal Crystal gave to Lara in the last 3 games.;)

jackles
08-01-10, 16:54
I wasn't disputing that. It was more in line with those of us who felt that the images represented only a certain type of beauty.

Legend 4ever
08-01-10, 22:50

That is exactly what I thought. It looks like and airbrushed model. All of those women looked better and more unique by themselves.

TTV
08-01-10, 23:21
:cln: *ahem* :pi:

Meh, I know a lotta women/girls twice as pretty as the final image... :D xx

Though I guess it's a little like Lara...