PDA

View Full Version : Tounge piercing. Questions

Simochka
07-01-10, 18:13
Hello. I pierced my tongue today and I need some answers from experienced people.

like 30-45 minutes after the piercing was done it started to swollen. Is it normal it takes so quick?

And now it's really swollen. I got a 18 mm in my tongue and now I can only see the ''balls'' in the end. Lol I know my English sucks. I can't find the right words xD

I have ice in my mouth all the time and it looks better a few seconds. Then when all the ice melts it starts to look as swollen as before.

And I read that you could die while sleeping because the tongue gets so swollen so you get no air. Is that really true?

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 18:15
Hello. I pierced my tongue today and I need some answers from experienced people.

like 30-45 minutes after the piercing was done it started to swollen. Is it normal it takes so quick?

And now it's really swollen. I got a 18 mm in my tongue and now I can only see the ''balls'' in the end. Lol I know my English sucks. I can't find the right words xD

I have ice in my mouth all the time and it looks better a few seconds. Then when all the ice melts it starts to look as swollen as before.

And I read that you could die while sleeping because the tongue gets so swollen so you get no air. Is that really true?
Yes. Say your goodbyes now.

But srsly, did you do it yourself? Or see a profesional?

Simochka
07-01-10, 18:19

But srsly, did you do it yourself? Or see a profesional?

I would never stick a needle through my tongue myself :O
Ofcourse a professional did it :)

jackles
07-01-10, 18:20
Have you got a contact number for your piercer? Because they would probably be the best person for advice.

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 18:20
I would never stick a needle through my tongue myself :O
Ofcourse a professional did it :)

Well that is one thing you did right ^_^

I actually have no piercings, I just wanted to clarify that you hadn't in fact done it yourself, because if you do that you can surely only expect problems :/

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 18:23
It's no joke it can happen :(

Simochka
07-01-10, 18:23
I know that the tongue most of the times get really swollen in 3-7 days. For some even 2-3 weeks.

and I read that some people get 20mm instead so I think my tongue could get more swollen.

but I will have to keep sucking on ice and hope it fells better tomorrow :)

And I'm gonna go to the piercing studio tomorrow and ask for some advice :)

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 18:24
I know that the tongue most of the times get really swollen in 3-7 days. For some even 2-3 weeks.

and I read that some people get 20mm instead so I think my tongue could get more swollen.

but I will have to keep sucking on ice and hope it fells better tomorrow :)

And I'm gonna go to the piercing studio tomorrow and ask for some advice :)
Do not sleep with your tongue swollen. :eek:

Simochka
07-01-10, 18:25
Do not sleep with your tongue swollen. :eek:

So I should stay awake for 3-7 days? xD

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 18:26
So I should stay awake for 3-7 days? xD
It will go down, don't worry. Go to sleep if it's not swollen too much or you will die :hug:

Simochka
07-01-10, 18:28
It will go down, don't worry. Go to sleep if it's not swollen too much or you will die :hug:

You are scaring me :( xD

I'm pretty sure the swollen thingie won't go down today. I guess I have to sleep while sitting up xD

Minty Mouth
07-01-10, 18:28

I'm pretty sure the swollen thingie won't go down today. I guess I have to sleep while sitting up xD

Tombraiderluka is always serious.

irjudd
07-01-10, 18:30
The question now is: was it worth it?

Simochka
07-01-10, 18:30

I take that as he/ she isn't? Sorry I never get sarcasm or anything xD

Well then I guess I don't have to worry about dying tonight lol

At the moment. NO

When it's healed and I can talk normal, eat and use my tongue for other stuffs. Then yes :)

tombraiderluka
07-01-10, 18:31

Don't wanna scare ya, aw :hug: You were really nice :(

I am? :pi: I am!

Is it worth dying for?

Anyway, let's wait for Nenya, he owns it. :mis:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
07-01-10, 18:32

It's amazing the things people would rather have than money.

jackles
07-01-10, 18:32
a nice article about tongue piercing aftercare (http://www.happynews.com/living/bodyart/care-tongue-piercing.htm)

Basically it says to sleep sitting upright. So get a nice load of pillows tonight.

Dennis's Mom
07-01-10, 18:34
I wouldn't be too worried. God gave you two air holes for a reason. I also think you would have to be unconscious to suffocate.

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 18:37
I wouldn't be too worried. God gave you two air holes for a reason. I also think you would have to be unconscious to suffocate.

I don't think you have to, but it happens due to lack of air to keep the things in your body going.

To the air holes, I think they might mean your tongue could fall back and block the windpipe or something :confused:

Dennis's Mom
07-01-10, 18:48
To the air holes, I think they might mean your tongue could fall back and block the windpipe or something :confused:

But your tongue won't fall back unless you're unconscious. You have to have lost motor control of your body for that to happen.

elizard_9594
07-01-10, 18:55

the tongue ISN'T just the part we see, it does travel back further and a bit down your throat. if this front part of it is swollen, the back part will be slightly swollen too, but not as much. if it swells too much, as it sometimes does during an allergic reaction to food of some sort, it could block your throat which no amout of breathing through your nose could cure, because it'd be blocking your throat.

lara c. fan
07-01-10, 18:57
the tongue ISN'T just the part we see, it does travel back further and a bit down your throat. if this front part of it is swollen, the back part will be slightly swollen too, but not as much. if it swells too much, as it sometimes does during an allergic reaction to food of some sort, it could block your throat which no amout of breathing through your nose could cure, because it'd be blocking your throat.

That's the one :o

Jake Croft
07-01-10, 19:02
Mine swelled up the same when i had mine done for more than a week i slept with it and was fine, its usually what happens you get your tongue pierced the swelling will go down gradually, i hated it at first but now im that used to it i dont even know its there.

Simochka
07-01-10, 19:07
a nice article about tongue piercing aftercare (http://www.happynews.com/living/bodyart/care-tongue-piercing.htm)

Basically it says to sleep sitting upright. So get a nice load of pillows tonight.

Thank god I have 6 pillows :D but my neck is so sensitive :/

Mine swelled up the same when i had mine done for more than a week i slept with it and was fine, its usually what happens you get your tongue pierced the swelling will go down gradually, i hated it at first but now im that used to it i dont even know its there.

I can't wait until it have healed and I can change the jewelery to something smaller. This one is huge and barely fits my mouth. But I'm starting to be more used to it and can already talk abit clearer

Jake Croft
07-01-10, 19:10
Yeah i was stuck talking like an idiot for over a month it was horrible aha, it does take a while to heal properly but when it finally does it's well worth it, i always manage to end up playing with it and not noticing.