PDA

View Full Version : Stars without makeup

Lara Croft!
08-01-10, 13:44
These blogs have a lot of pictures by many famous people (mostly women), including lady Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Britney, Marilyn Manson and more...

http://jillmailander88.wordpress.com/2009/10/

http://addisabram.wordpress.com/2008/10/31/celebrities-without-make-up/

And some pics I found Googling

http://addisabram.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/camerondiaz.jpg

http://www.twolia.com/blogs/daily-beauty-break/files/2009/08/2008-heigl-without-makeup.jpg

http://www.amazingmakeup.com/pictures/2008-cruz-without-makeup.jpg

http://www.starblogs.net/anderson-without-makeup.jpg

http://images.2dayfm.com.au/2008/06/11/26570/400x248-ENT-stars.jpg

http://anythinghollywood.com/wp-content/2009/02/fp_1391151_devastated_madonna_falls_apart_2.jpg

http://thebeautystop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/62.jpg

I understand that all the people that look good with make-up may seem a bit out of color without it, but some of these stars, look like ****!

Laralissa
08-01-10, 13:47
Not really... Id say they look normal, pretty much like what the rest of us look like when we dont wear makeup. Only difference is that even the pictures where they *are* wearing makeup are usually photoshopped beyond recognition so they look like goddesses. Even when I clog on the makeup, I will never look as good as them lot :pi:

Kate Moss however - looks like drug use has caught up with her skin.

patriots88888
08-01-10, 13:50
What did you expect? :p I don't think it's any big secret that makeup enhances the looks of most people.

disneyprincess20
08-01-10, 13:52
I've never liked these comparison photos. Despite their day jobs, these are stll ordinary people who don't have to look their best all the time, even in less than perfect lighting. I think these pictures just highlight how normal they are.

Mokono
08-01-10, 13:55
What did you expect? :p I don't think it's any big secret that makeup enhances the looks of most people.

While at the same time it degenerates skin. People who avoids using makeup (or at least avoid abusing it) tend to look better in time.

Lee croft
08-01-10, 13:56
some of them dont even look that bad without make up

Rai
08-01-10, 14:03
It's not just the make-up either. It's lighting and often the pics have been edited. These pics just prove that celebrity women are really just 'normal' when they're not working. Celebrities shouldn't have to be 'on' all the time. It has to be remembered that when celebrities are pictured looking their glamourous best, they've probably spent hours in the make-up chair having hair and make-up people preening them to perfection.

Although I have seen pics where the celebs look awful. These pics are actually quite kind.

I have to admit, celebs without make-up pics make me feel a little bit better about my own appearance. Am I terrible for thinking that way? :o

remote91
08-01-10, 14:05
Aw, Garner is still purty
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/specials/beauties04/naturalnot/jgarner.jpg

irjudd
08-01-10, 14:05
Yeah it's way more than makeup. It's one part makeup to two parts photoshop.

snork
08-01-10, 14:07
some of them dont even look that bad without make up

I only watched the second link, and most looked more interesting or appealing to me without being masked. I did not think I would find Jennifer Lopez' face so interesting without the make up. :)

But over all they are opposing photos from different times (Barrymore), and some are of pathetic quality (Hayek)

Dina_Croft
08-01-10, 14:09
http://jillmailander88.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/britneywithoutmakeupbs2.jpg?w=510&h=394

He propably forgot to post the photoshoped one:whi:

Laralissa
08-01-10, 14:10
Id like to see some of you post pictures without makeup, then complain how 'crap' these celebrities look :p

Dina_Croft
08-01-10, 14:11
http://jillmailander88.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/medium_lady-gaga-without-make-up-21.jpg?w=400&h=308

OMG!

viper456
08-01-10, 14:14
:rolleyes: Its more like stars without make up and unflattering candid photos. Even if they were slapped up with make up I doubt they would look all that perfect if the photos were taken in the same way.

irjudd
08-01-10, 14:15
:rolleyes: Its more like stars without make up and unflattering candid photos. Even if they were slapped up with make up I doubt they would look all that perfect if the photos were taken in the same way.

Let's see you without makeup for once.

Dina_Croft
08-01-10, 14:15
let's see you without makeup for once.

LoL

touchthesky
08-01-10, 14:17
The one of renee zellwigger is stupid..because she totaly doesn't look like that anyway! theyve taken the most photoshopped picture of her and compared it to a none-makeup photo

edit: i lolled at the oprah one!

viper456
08-01-10, 14:18
Let's see you without makeup for once.

I'm always stunning either way :p lmao Lets see you without your shades Neo... :pi:

irjudd
08-01-10, 14:19
I'm always stunning either way :p lmao Lets see you without your shades Neo... :pi:

Yeah I'm sure you would like to see my naked eyeballs.

viper456
08-01-10, 14:20
Yeah I'm sure you would like to see my naked eyeballs.

Judd you scare me sometimes lmao

RAID
08-01-10, 14:24
http://images.2dayfm.com.au/2008/06/11/26570/400x248-ENT-stars.jpg

Who the hell is that :yik:

Is that one person?

Nenya awakens
08-01-10, 14:26
Kate moss is a right dog.

Rai
08-01-10, 14:27
RAID: Who the hell is that

Is that one person?

^ the pic on the left looks like Gwenyth Paltrow without make-up, but the pic on the right definitely is not Gwenyth with or without make-up.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
08-01-10, 14:31
Boy am I glad my wife grew up never really wearing that much makeup... She rarely needs it and she looks especially stunning when she actually does wear it, but still good without. I must be lucky...

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-01-10, 14:32
Wow, some of those are scary. But Jessica Alba still manages to look hot even without makeup, that's very nice. :tmb: She just has a silly expression, but she still looks gorgeous.

I don't know why one of those blogs put Eva Mendes on there, because she's wearing makeup in both of those pics. Just a lot less, but still some makeup nonetheless.

Boy am I glad my wife grew up never really wearing that much makeup... She rarely needs it and she looks especially stunning when she actually does wear it, but still good without. I must be lucky...

Wearing makeup doesn't make you look any worse without it unless you use some skin damaging products. Had those celebs never worn makeup a day in their lives, they would still look like that without it, more than likely. The main thing is that they look so good with the makeup, that when we see it off of them, we think they look terrible. And while some of them genuinely do look kind of bad, had we never seen them with makeup in the first place, we may not have noticed a thing.

Jack Croft
08-01-10, 14:35
Kate moss is a right dog.

True.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
08-01-10, 14:40
Wow, some of those are scary. But Jessica Alba still manages to look hot even without makeup, that's very nice. :tmb: She just has a silly expression, but she still looks gorgeous.

I don't know why one of those blogs put Eva Mendes on there, because she's wearing makeup in both of those pics. Just a lot less, but still some makeup nonetheless.

Wearing makeup doesn't make you look any worse without it unless you use some skin damaging products. Had those celebs never worn makeup a day in their lives, they would still look like that without it, more than likely. The main thing is that they look so good with the makeup, that when we see it off of them, we think they look terrible. And while some of them genuinely do look kind of bad, had we never seen them with makeup in the first place, we may not have noticed a thing.

Kind of makes you wonder how they achieved that status in the first place doesn't it? They didn't have Hollywood-grade makeup artists when they were starting out, of course they were younger but still... Some of them look exceptionally heinous.

patriots88888
08-01-10, 14:45
Kind of makes you wonder how they achieved that status in the first place doesn't it? They didn't have Hollywood-grade makeup artists when they were starting out, of course they were younger but still... Some of them look exceptionally heinous.

Maybe they relied more on their talent (or supposive talent) than looks, IDK.

Phys
08-01-10, 14:46
This one of Marilyn Manson pops up from time to time:

http://jillmailander88.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/marilyn-manson-without-makeup.jpg

Nenya awakens
08-01-10, 14:46
^ the pic on the left looks like Gwenyth Paltrow without make-up, but the pic on the right definitely is not Gwenyth with or without make-up.

It's Kate Moss.

Lavinder
08-01-10, 14:53
This one of Marilyn Manson pops up from time to time:

http://jillmailander88.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/marilyn-manson-without-makeup.jpg

Awhhh, he looks sooo sad! FREAK...

Rai
08-01-10, 14:56
It's Kate Moss.

In the pic on the right or both? Maybe the before and after pics would have been fairer had they chosen ones where she has the same hair colour.

@Lavinder: in both pics, yes.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
08-01-10, 14:59
Awhhh, he looks sooo sad! FREAK...

I've always thought he was about as scary as a puppy with all the silly makeup... Without it he just looks like the average dude.

Antonio
08-01-10, 15:03
Every job of photographer is to take every single most interesting or shocking pictures of celebrities, so I don't think they look bad, they were caught in bad time and place. Or they drink to much coffee.:p
I usually see my sister one day with makeup and when she removed, she look same like them. Next day she didn't were a makeup she look normal. It's all how you see it.

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-01-10, 15:24

Good point. Plastic surgery doesn't help them in the long run, either. It may look all fine and dandy with makeup on, but when it comes off, it's just plain bad.

Lavinder
08-01-10, 15:28
How come plastic surgery does not leave scars?

Nenya awakens
08-01-10, 15:28
In the pic on the right or both? Maybe the before and after pics would have been fairer had they chosen ones where she has the same hair colour.

@Lavinder: in both pics, yes.

Both pics, im not sure why they chose one with different colours.. :confused:

Edit.

http://i49.************/2h3qur6.jpg

Sgt BOMBULOUS
08-01-10, 15:31

There is always some minor scarring, but it's skillfully hidden. For instance in a facelift procedure the incision is made behind the ear. Eventually these scars fade to nothing.

Lavinder
08-01-10, 15:37
There is always some minor scarring, but it's skillfully hidden. For instance in a facelift procedure the incision is made behind the ear. Eventually these scars fade to nothing.

Fair enough - I'd personally hate to be butchered. Look after my skin and grow old gracefully!

Trigger_happy
08-01-10, 15:46
I'm sure everyone looks a little rough when they are hung over: all the celebs in those photos are blatantly still a little drunk.

Plus, Drew Barrymore still looks hot.

Encore
08-01-10, 15:52
I think they look normal. *shrugs*

Makeup doesn't bother me as much as photoshopping...

Lavinder
08-01-10, 15:55
I think we have been wearing make-up for so many years, and now being photoshoped that people have a completely forgotten what women actually look like. :p

Men are getting this way too..

Ada the Mental
08-01-10, 16:09
Meh, anyone can look like crap when photographed on a bad day, from unflattering angles, while making silly faces...

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-01-10, 16:21

It does. And even overlooking the scars, plastic surgery just plain ages people. Lip collagen, botox, and cheek implants will absolutely ruin a bare face. You're pretty much sentencing yourself to a life of wearing makeup nonstop if you get those done.

Dustie
08-01-10, 16:55
These are good examples for women as for why they shouldn't use too much make-up, especially at a young age, because it simply creates an unhealthy contrast. One can essentially get addicted to having his or her face look better than it really does, I think.

It does. And even overlooking the scars, plastic surgery just plain ages people. Lip collagen, botox, and cheek implants will absolutely ruin a bare face. You're pretty much sentencing yourself to a life of wearing makeup nonstop if you get those done.
These all include injecting something or placing foreign objects in the face. Carefully planned surgery by skilled and experienced surgeons isn't going to 'ruin' it, unless again, you start stuffing yourself with things... There's always the matter of how your fixes are going to age with the rest of you, but that's when common sense comes handy ;)

Lara Croft!
08-01-10, 17:28
I've never liked these comparison photos. Despite their day jobs, these are stll ordinary people who don't have to look their best all the time, even in less than perfect lighting. I think these pictures just highlight how normal they are.

I have to admit, celebs without make-up pics make me feel a little bit better about my own appearance. Am I terrible for thinking that way? :o

...exactly. Some unphotoshopped and no make-up pics of all celebs should be released from time to time, so that all little girls and boys will not idolize fake people and try desperately to look like them and feel miserable because they fail.

Id like to see some of you post pictures without makeup, then complain how 'crap' these celebrities look :p

I have posted pics here with no make up. I'm complaining that they look like crap. Well, not complaining, just pointing out what I see before my eyes. :ton:

Tomb-Dude
08-01-10, 20:09
This statement on the second link for britney spears I totally dissagree with.

Britney Spears not only doesn’t have makeup, she’s also pretty untidy. The “Pop Princess” needs to improve her look now! Poor girl!

Just because she is "Pop Princess" she doesn't need to keep tidy and everything. As people have said they are ordinary people. Not everyone looks good 24/7.

Minty Mouth
08-01-10, 20:12
I don't know her name, but the second woman down looks better without makeup.

Aranara
08-01-10, 20:13
That is just. WOW. :eek:
Geez, that is too much make-up. I never use it mainly because it just itches my face and irritates me. And I'm happy with my body :D

Love2Raid
08-01-10, 20:15
This statement on the second link for britney spears I totally dissagree with.

Just because she is "Pop Princess" she doesn't need to keep tidy and everything. As people have said they are ordinary people. Not everyone looks good 24/7.

Well, when you decide you want to get famous, since it is always a decision of your own, you know (when you succeed) there is no hiding from the paparazzi. So there is no excuse to go outside with messy hair and no make up, and then complain when your ugly picture is printed in a magazine the next day (or online).

It's a life they choose to live, so I don't pity them.

patriots88888
08-01-10, 20:16
That is just. WOW. :eek:
Geez, that is too much make-up. I never use it mainly because it just itches my face and irritates me. And I'm happy with my body :D

Please tell me you didn't actually think they always looked like they do in the photos on the right.

I still fail to see what's so surprising about all this.

Aranara
08-01-10, 20:17
I've always seen with starts without makeup, but I saw pictures of Angelina Jolie, or people who looked good even without stuff on their face.

And I'm not naive :p I may be 13, but I'm not stupid.

Tomb-Dude
08-01-10, 20:18
Well, when you decide you want to get famous, since it is always a decision of your own, you know (when you succeed) there is no hiding from the paparazzi. So there is no excuse to go outside with messy hair and no make up, and then complain when your ugly picture is printed in a magazine the next day (or online).

Yeah, they become successful in what they want. Be it acting, singing, anything but they still are human. Yeah they get special attention but does everyone really expect them once they walk out their gates to look like they do on the TV or magazines :confused: Thats all im getting at I dont know why people are surprised at the difference or have to make comments like that britney one. But thats my opinion.

patriots88888
08-01-10, 20:23
I've always seen with starts without makeup, but I saw pictures of Angelina Jolie, or people who looked good even without stuff on their face.

And I'm not naive :p I may be 13, but I'm not stupid.

Never said nor claimed that you were. ;) But the point is it's all opinion and subjective to each individual viewer. You didn't honestly think every 'star' who isn't gussied up would look good to your eyes, did you? :p

Lee croft
08-01-10, 20:23
all i know is if i was famous id intentionly go out in trackies and a hoodie when ever i go shops to get a bag of big eats crisps a sprite and a whisper :D

Tomb-Dude
08-01-10, 20:26
Lol best thing to do. :D

Love2Raid
08-01-10, 20:26
Yeah, they become successful in what they want. Be it acting, singing, anything but they still are human. Yeah they get special attention but does everyone really expect them once they walk out their gates to look like they do on the TV or magazines :confused: Thats all im getting at I dont know why people are surprised at the difference or have to make comments like that britney one. But thats my opinion.

You are right, it's ignorant to think they would always look the same. There is not only the make up, but also the use of light and of course Photoshop. I'm not surprised at all. I was just saying they shouldn't feel offended when these pictures appear in magazines and on the internet. Hateful comments about these pictures, I don't approve with at all of course.

People who are really beautiful don't need make-up to look good though.

xXhayleyroxXx
08-01-10, 20:28
They look better than me with no makeup on - i look like ****:p I've been told frequently i look like i have cancer with no makeup on - although two guy friends of my sister yesterday said i looked like jordan with no makeup :confused:

Anyway, Jessica simpson looks better naturally, and jessica alba and rhianna are still flawless.

mind
08-01-10, 20:36
Try to compare your best and your worst photo.

pekirock
08-01-10, 20:41
i dont think britney looks bad in the first link, but the second you kinda notice :ton:...

mike-d
08-01-10, 20:43

I agree, even though I am like the biggest Britney fan :D I mean come on she could at least fix herself up before leaving the house and stuff...

patriots88888
08-01-10, 20:49
I agree, even though I am like the biggest Britney fan :D I mean come on she could at least fix herself up before leaving the house and stuff...

Why is that so important to you? Would you want others suggesting how you should appear all the time?

Tomb-Dude
08-01-10, 20:50

So if you were Britney every day you left your house, you would make sure you look like a super model every second of the day, even when your just relaxing. Going in the car or picking some stuff up. :p

tombraiderluka
08-01-10, 20:54
So if you were Britney every day you left your house, you would make sure you look like a super model every second of the day, even when your just relaxing. Going in the car or picking some stuff up. :p
Well you're a star you should always look tour best, I know I do :cool:

Tomb-Dude
08-01-10, 20:56

Luka - you dont even need to try :p

Minty Mouth
08-01-10, 20:57

Unfortunately for you, your best is still pretty dire.

:ton:

Lee croft
08-01-10, 20:58

Meh if i was her id just sling a cardigan over my pjs put my hugg boots on and get what i need from the shop :p

Dina_Croft
08-01-10, 21:10

Not like a supermodel,just a little foundation lol.

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 02:19

Why is that so important to you? Would you want others suggesting how you should appear all the time?

I actually agree with mike. Heck, I'm no celeb, but I won't walk out of my house unless I've fixed myself up for the day. By fixing myself up, I mean a proper shower, brushed hair, and at least a quick 5 minutes worth of some natural makeup. It's not hard to do, and unfortunately, Britney has been known to leave the house looking like she just rolled out of bed.

I think it's ideal for someone to be well kept, whether they're a celeb or not. Doesn't mean all girls have to wear makeup, but at least take a shower and comb your hair.

miss.haggard
09-01-10, 05:28
snip

Srsly how long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Cause personally I wake up at 740, wash my face and Im out the door in 5 minutes. I dont really feel the need to get all dolled up and do the whole routine day in and day out.

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 05:41
Srsly how long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Cause personally I wake up at 740, wash my face and Im out the door in 5 minutes.

Are you including shower time? :confused:

I take about 15 minutes in the shower, 10 minutes for a little bit of makeup (longer if I'm doing something more elaborate on my eyes), and about 30 minutes on my hair (I have long, thick hair that I blow dry, straighten, then style). I always wake up two hours before I go to work in the mornings, that way I can have between an hour and an hour and a half to get ready, and spend the rest of my time eating breakfast and surfing the net.

I can't get up and go real quick, because my hair is long, curly, and very thick. It's great when I style it, but if I just let it dry on its own, it never looks good. I straighten it 99% of the time to tone down the fullness. I know some people like big hair, but I prefer a more natural look. :p

However, if I skip one day without a shower, my hair is still toned down from the straightening I did the day before. I can get completely ready in about 20 minutes then. Still never 5 minutes, because I wear makeup.

miss.haggard
09-01-10, 05:46
Wow **** that. Whats the point?

I dont take showers in the morning so theres -10 minutes, I do my hair at night (I also have thick hair that I blow dry and straighten) so theres -30 minutes, and well, honestly it seems like a lot of hooplah for something that doesnt need to be done.

I think people look fine just fine without makeup, and it seems like time wasted that could be spent sleeping. But, you know... IMO and all.

Edit - I wear makeup too, dont get me wrong but it seems like a waste of time to jump through hoops everyday just to look like a madeup plastic barbie.

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 06:30
I understand your point if people are going all out and plastering themselves with too much makeup, but I really don't wear a whole lot. Tinted moisturizer (not foundation), powder, a little blush, eyeliner, mascara, and nude colored lip balm. I look fine without makeup too, people tell me I look just as pretty without it as I do with it, but I just like to wear it. It makes me feel put together, just like wearing nice clothes or fixing your hair does. I wouldn't leave my house wearing pajamas, and just the same, I don't leave the house without my hair decently fixed and a little bit of makeup.

The point of it all is that it's a part of my daily routine. I'm a perfectionist by nature (type C personality, for those of you familiar with the disc assessment :p). I like to have organized structure for myself, and my daily routine is no different. I know that I look fine without makeup too, but spending a mere 10 minutes to put on a little bit of makeup makes me feel more put together.

I'm not going to lie though, I do think that women generally look prettier with a little makeup on. Not a lot, but a little. I like how I look without makeup, but I just prefer to wear it because I feel it accentuates my features nicely, and I like to look my best at all times. :D

EmeraldFields
09-01-10, 06:47
I'm not saying they should look like supermodels everyday, but it's not that hard to comb your hair, put on some moisturizer, and apply lip gloss before you walk out the door. Little stuff like that can go a long way.:p

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 06:53
I'm not saying they should look like supermodels everyday, but it's not that hard to comb your hair, put on some moisturizer, and apply lip gloss before you walk out the door. Little stuff like that can go a long way.:p

Exactly. :tmb:

remote91
09-01-10, 07:33
I just woke up from a night out and look worse than all those *****es combined

Gabi
09-01-10, 12:56
I take it that's what you do, then. ;)

LightningRider
09-01-10, 12:59
Let's see Gabi? Would you rather walk out knowing you look hideous, or walk out with at least a washed face? :p

Not trying to start a war though.

Your_Envy*
09-01-10, 13:06

Indeed. :) They look like they completely abandoned themselves, even I wouldn't go out like that and I am far, far away from being a celebrity. It's not so hard to comb your hair and put some normal clothes on. Hair scares me the most! :p

Gabi
09-01-10, 13:38
Let's see Gabi? Would you rather walk out knowing you look hideous, or walk out with at least a washed face? :p

Not trying to start a war though.
I never look hideous. :ton:
And I was just wondering whether Nick applies to himself what he expects of others, especially the lip gloss bit.....:p

But in earnest, I think it depends on the individual. Personally I would always have at least a wash and combed my hair, but I don't necessarily put any make up on, even when I go to the shops or to my gym class, for example.
Quite a few of the pictures just show the stars without make up (or hardly any) and without the image being airbrushed/photo-shopped and not just after they got out of bed.
So I think it there is nothing wrong with them going out like this and it is not our place to demand they look "good" all the time.

jackles
09-01-10, 13:43
Once you start producing kids then you have no time to stick on a bit of makeup. I never wear makeup to work. I would rather get more sleep than waste time putting make up on. If I look awful so be it. I'm sure that work cares more that I do my job professionally than I look good. Quite frankly when my son was a baby I was just relieved if I went out in something that wasn't covered in milk...rusk or worse.

CroftGameGirl
09-01-10, 15:53

Pics, or it didn't happen :pi:

LightningRider
09-01-10, 15:54

That's hot. :cln:

remote91
09-01-10, 15:55
Jackles we've been through your yummy mummy qualities :ohn:

Pics, or it didn't happen :pi:
Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you?

EmeraldFields
09-01-10, 15:57
I take it that's what you do, then. ;)

I don't put on lip gloss, but I do put on some chapstick!:D

I wash my face, put on some moisturizer, and make sure that my hair is combed before I leave the house. I just have to feel put together.:p

Lavinder
09-01-10, 15:57
Once you start producing kids then you have no time to stick on a bit of makeup. I never wear makeup to work. I would rather get more sleep than waste time putting make up on. If I look awful so be it. I'm sure that work cares more that I do my job professionally than I look good. Quite frankly when my son was a baby I was just relieved if I went out in something that wasn't covered in milk...rusk or worse.

That's why I'm going to share my baby-work-load with Jamie 50/50...

Chocola teapot
09-01-10, 15:59
http://jillmailander88.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/medium_lady-gaga-without-make-up-21.jpg?w=400&h=308

OMG!

Hawt! Lmao>

I love GaGa. <3

LightningRider
09-01-10, 16:07
Hawt! Lmao>

I love GaGa. <3

I know, she's had better pics without makeup other than that. XD

Chocola teapot
09-01-10, 16:09
I know, she's had better pics without makeup other than that. XD

I Know! :D Gaga in Bad romance (Au natural Close ups) looks gorgeous.

I just Love how She's so sucessful without being really pretty.:)

xXhayleyroxXx
09-01-10, 17:00

same, and she's very original. That's why I like her :)

mind
09-01-10, 17:16

of course she is wearing make-up, there just arent any other cosmetics (like eye-shadows etc) on her face. Plus I didnt count computer technology. Sorry for being bad. :(
Its true that most people think that she is really gross but in my humble opinion she is ..uhmm..hot!

AmericanAssassin
09-01-10, 17:22
Haha! :vlol: Everybody has their lazy days. Leave these poor stars alone! :p

Lavinder
09-01-10, 17:30
[QUOTE=Chocola teapot;4283537]I Know! :D Gaga in Bad romance (Au natural Close ups) looks gorgeous./QUOTE]

She's probably wearing primers, foundation, powder and she's definitely wearing mascara. Not to mention the amount of lights blasted at her face.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/lavinder/gagamake.jpg?t=1263061853

Lara Croft!
09-01-10, 17:49
And she has a lot of pink blush in many parts of her face to seem natural and as if she was crying.

jackles
09-01-10, 18:00
Plus white eye liner...

I was watching something the other day about what men *insert big fat generalisation* see as no make up is actually cunningly applied natural makeup. Otherwise they think you look tired!!

I can always remember some young girl behind me in a queue sneering about how saying she would never go out without makeup..*rolls eyes* how rude! I laughed ot myself and thought just you wait until your knackered and have to go and do the dinner after working all day!!

snork
09-01-10, 18:10
natural makeup
This expression to me is so - idiotic ? constructed by makeup company marketing divisions ? at least oxymoronic :D - I really can't stand it. :vlol:

And please - what is "nude coloured" ? Dictionary did not help at all in this.

Chocola teapot
09-01-10, 18:10
She'd look fine without.

jackles
09-01-10, 18:12
This expression to me is so - idiotic ? constructed by makeup company marketing divisions ? at least oxymoronic :D - I really can't stand it. :vlol:

skin coloured make up

Chocola teapot
09-01-10, 18:14
I Say Stip 'em All of their makeup and psh them all on stage.

I Saw Cheryl Cole recently without false Eyelashes...

Took a few glances to recognise her.

MattTR
09-01-10, 18:17
Of course they make stars look "prettier" then the rest of.. it's all for attention purposes, but that's right for them to look better then the average person, since they are famous and such.

Too bad I'm not famous, I'd sure love to be photoshopped and wear make up all the time.. :whi: :p

Jeissy
09-01-10, 18:18
I Say Stip 'em All of their makeup and psh them all on stage.

I Saw Cheryl Cole recently without false Eyelashes...

Took a few glances to recognise her.

:vlol:

As for the stars without make-up - they look normal, really. We're just used to see them with make-up so it's hard to comprehend how they look without it. :p

Lavinder
09-01-10, 18:18
:p

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/12/article-0-026F8376000005DC-818_468x648.jpg

Chocola teapot
09-01-10, 18:20
:vlol:

As for the stars without make-up - they look normal, really. We're just used to see them with make-up so it's hard to comprehend how they look without it. :p

True, Average.

Many though would literally crumble to dust without the full set.

Lavinder: Exactly, just take away the false eyelashes and BAM! D: :p

Minty Mouth
09-01-10, 18:22
:p

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/12/article-0-026F8376000005DC-818_468x648.jpg

Oh my gosh, she looks really different, even just without the eyelashes :eek:

Lavinder
09-01-10, 18:24
She's got no makeup on here I don't think, he skin colour is different and her lips look drawn without the lipstick.

Chocola teapot
Oh my gosh, she look really different, even just without the eyelashes :eek:

There we have one of 'Britains Sexiest' Women! :vlol:

Ada the Mental
I was watching something the other day about what men *insert big fat generalisation* see as no make up is actually cunningly applied natural makeup. Otherwise they think you look tired!!
Yeah, it seems that more often that not "I like naturally beautiful women" is code for "I like girls who wear make up, but not obviously so".

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing make up, but, IMO, something's wrong when you won't step out of your house to go to the freaking store without it.

Chocola teapot
09-01-10, 18:29
She's got no makeup on here I don't think, he skin colour is different and her lips look drawn without the lipstick.

Perhaps some sort of concealer, She has a nice complection... Compared to me.

or

PIXIE LOTT! :D

http://i49.************/2vv25ol.jpg

CuteKittenlol
09-01-10, 18:29
There's absolutely nothing wrong with wearing make up, but, IMO, something's wrong when you won't step out of your house to go to the freaking store without it.

Personally i would never willingly go out anywhere without doing my hair or make up. Granted i don't over-do it, just mascara, eye-liner and a power foundation (and yeah, i wear fake eyelashes too), but still it makes me feel so much better about myself and i'm not gonna walk out the door feeling that i look like crap and everyone is staring at me thinking "eww". But thats just me, i'm paranoid but i think i have every right to feel pretty, even if that means wearing make-up whenever i go out :p

mike-d
09-01-10, 18:42

If I were a celebrity whose image is based mostly on sex appeal and looks, I wouldn't mind :rolleyes: But Brit seems to be looking fine these days. It's just that time in 2007 when she always looked oily and unhygienic.

Umm, you're twisting my words around. I said AT LEAST and I said it for a reason. AT LEAST means like washing her face, brushing her hair, fixing her hair, and applying some makeup. My mom does it all the time and it only takes 30 minutes and she ends up looking beautiful and clean.

I don't see why Brit couldn't fix herself up a bit before leaving the house. She's a superstar who's earning millions every month, and her looks play an important part. She should maintain them.

mind
09-01-10, 18:54
Of course they make stars look "prettier" then the rest of.. it's all for attention purposes, but that's right for them to look better then the average person, since they are famous and such.

Too bad I'm not famous, I'd sure love to be photoshopped and wear make up all the time.. :whi: :p
Hah that reminds me... are male stars under such "maintenance" as well? :confused:

patriots88888
09-01-10, 18:55
If I were a celebrity whose image is based mostly on sex appeal and looks, I wouldn't mind :rolleyes: But Brit seems to be looking fine these days. It's just that time in 2007 when she always looked oily and unhygienic.

First of all, that 'if' reveals alot about your reply. The fact is you're not a celebrity so how could you possibly know that you wouldn't mind? It's easy to assume that it wouldn't bother you when looking at it from your perspective. But I bet if you asked any of these celebs how they feel about it, I'm quite certain they would have a much different answer than yours.

Second, there's a stark difference between practicing proper hygiene and getting all glam'd up and that's the point I was making in my previou reply. Bottom line is, it's their life, they should be allowed to live it in this respect however they choose.

Lavinder
09-01-10, 18:59
The thing is men don't have to have long dark lashes, perfect completion, rosy cheeks etc. to be seen as sexy. :(

mind
09-01-10, 19:08
Im pretty sure that all male starts wear make-up. At least the skin we can see is not natural in my opinion. :hug:

Lavinder
09-01-10, 19:16
Good read. :p

I always hear about guys who claim that they like girls with "minimal or no makeup"-- you know, naturally pretty, no artifice, etc. etc. Girls who wear makeup are insecure, or come off as fake, and besides, girls who can rock the no make-up look are clearly more confident, right?

I'm about to snap some mental fallacies off, right now. I'm going to prove to you that men actually want made-up girls.

To be more precise, it's not that men particularly want girls who are made-up, its just that you have no idea what you're asking for when you say you'd like us to be "as natural as possible". You want natural? You're thinking this in your head:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kMP9tVD1jkI/SQoZdhofM2I/AAAAAAAAAU0/WbGVkg1jo08/s400/home-page-img.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kMP9tVD1jkI/SQoZdhofM2I/AAAAAAAAAU0/WbGVkg1jo08/s1600-h/home-page-img.jpg)

That, my friends, is incredibly unnatural. For the actual model in the photo herself, she probably has on pounds and pounds of makeup, not to mention she's been posed and photoshopped and air-brushed, etc. But even beyond that, even if this was an unedited photo, think about this: she's showered. She's flossed. She has plucked her brows, conditioned her hair, shaved her legs, put on lotion, applied toner, put on lip balm, q-tipped her ears, and sunscreened her face, BEFORE the makeup, before the photoshop, before any of that.

Would you want a girl who hasn't done any of those things (the conditioning, lotioning, etc.)? Because that's as natural as it gets, really. Technically speaking, if you wanted to go ALL-natural, she'd forgo the contacts too, and go with glasses. And trust me, men do NOT make passes at girls with glasses, no matter what the old sayings say.

These little things, these preparations and fussiness, they take time. I know very few (straight) men who do any of the above, short of showering and flossing, and even then I know a few who don't do either of those either. Yet guys have this unrealistic and unreasonable expectation that some women-- some of those naturally beautiful women-- will wake up in the morning looking like that. Let me tell you something: when we girls wake up, it is NOT pretty. We have bad breath, our bodies smell, we fart too, there's stuff between our teeth, our hair is stringy, our faces sticky, and there's crud on the ends of our eyes.

Naturally beautiful, my ass.

What men REALLY want is for women to be perpetually beautiful. In an (men's) ideal, hypothetical world, the girl you woke up next to every morning would look like the rising sun-- her face would glow gently, and she'd kiss you and brush back your hair and laugh while she wraps the sheets around her lithe body. If she had to wake up an hour early to shower, put on makeup, and then crawl back in bed with you to create that scenario, you wouldn't complain at all. In fact, you probably wouldn't even know. And that would suit you fine, wouldn't it? So it's really not about the makeup at all then-- you just want a pretty girl next to you.

Catapharact
09-01-10, 19:26

All I got from this was "Blah blah blah, In order to be a straight man you have to be hygenically challenged." So I wonder if her version of a "straight" man happens to be a grease laden dateless Joe. Its so ironic that the author in question is trying to break stereotypes by inflicting a lot of stereotypes herself. Oh and FYI: Any given person can see that the model in question has makeup on.

scion05
09-01-10, 20:22
Madonna no makeup :

http://www.topsocialite.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/madonna-nomakeup.jpg

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 20:23

Of course there is a such thing as natural makeup, nothing oxymoronic about it. Natural makeup is basically one of two things. Either subtle makeup, or organic makeup, or both. :p

I wear organic makeup, and stick with my actual skin tones. It looks natural, yet evens out your skin tone and gives a fresher appearance. Granted, I still like my black eyeliner and mascara, but I don't cake those on my face, I still keep it natural. Though I do play around with heavy eye makeup every once in a while, for fun. :D It can be sexy for special occasions as well.

And like jackles said, nude lip gloss means skin colored. I use it to moisturize my lips and give a lttlle fresh glow, without changing the color.

Personally i would never willingly go out anywhere without doing my hair or make up. Granted i don't over-do it, just mascara, eye-liner and a power foundation (and yeah, i wear fake eyelashes too), but still it makes me feel so much better about myself and i'm not gonna walk out the door feeling that i look like crap and everyone is staring at me thinking "eww". But thats just me, i'm paranoid but i think i have every right to feel pretty, even if that means wearing make-up whenever i go out :p

Heck yes, girl. :tmb: Preach it, sister. :D

I refuse to walk out the door feeling like crap. I really care about how I look, it's important to me and it makes me feel good. Some people may call that vain, but I think it's more so taking pride in yourself in a good way. Always being your best, both inward and outward. Heck, even on my days off from work, I wear makeup at home. Of course I don't have to, but it makes me feel good. Even if a single person never saw me all day, I'd still wear makeup. If I ever have to work early in the morning, I still stick with my routine. Last year when I still worked at Best Buy, I had to go to work at 4:30 in the morning for Black Friday, and sure enough, I woke up at 3 AM that morning to pretty myself up. :p

Of course I'm not saying that girls who don't wear makeup don't have self pride, but if you let yourself go and walk out of the house when you know you look like crap (which we all do if we don't take care of ourselves, so it has nothing to do with being ugly or not), then I definitely question it to some extent.

The thing is men don't have to have long dark lashes, perfect completion, rosy cheeks etc. to be seen as sexy. :(

This is so true. It's funny because men are actually looked at as being sexy when they're all rugged and scraggly. Heck, I certainly think that's sexy.

But of course, they still need to take care of themselves hygienically with showering, brushing teeth, deoderant, shaving (or at least a trimming), and doing at least something to their hair. Sure, they still look a heck of a lot better than women do when they wake up in the mornings, but they still have to maintain themselves to a certain degree. It's certainly easier for them, but that's fine. They still need to care, though. There's nothing sexier than a rugged, yet well kept man that smells good. :cln:

That article was awesome. :tmb: Definitely right on the money. A lot of men don't know the difference between natural makeup (or caked on makeup that tries to look natural, for that matter) and none at all. :vlol:

I get a lot of compliments from guys on my makeup. When I worked at Best Buy, I once had a random guy tell me that he thought I looked beautiful, and that I didn't need makeup, while the other girls that worked with me did need it. The way he said it implied that I looked better than them even though I wasn't wearing makeup, but what he failed to realize is that I was wearing makeup, and probably just as much as the other girls were, I was just using a more natural approach.

Having that said, if you walk down the street and see an extraordinarily attractive girl, you can bet the farm she spends a lot of time, effort, and probably even money into her appearance. We don't look like goddesses without any effort and letting ourselves go, that's for sure. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. It's actually a good thing that we care enough to keep ourselves clean, shaved, and pretty. :)

CroftGameGirl
09-01-10, 20:29
Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you?

Yes, yes, I would :mis:

Jeissy
09-01-10, 20:32
True, Average.

Many though would literally crumble to dust without the full set.

Yes, that's right. For example Marilyn Manson. I've seen a photo of him, without make-up, and he was all red and stuff because he puts on a lot on his face. It was a spooky photo.

Laras shadow
09-01-10, 20:44
angelina jolie she still looks amazing tho :D and kim kardashian
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4359/angelinajoliewithoutmak.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/152/kimkardashianwithwithou.jpg

marla_biggs
09-01-10, 21:08
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nyiipr-yxiQ/SOcJkG274NI/AAAAAAAABOM/q_X3JJpqdVA/s400/sharon_osbourne_without_make_up_.jpg

patriots88888
09-01-10, 21:14
Having that said, if you walk down the street and see an extraordinarily attractive girl, you can bet the farm she spends a lot of time, effort, and probably even money into her appearance. We don't look like goddesses without any effort and letting ourselves go, that's for sure. Is that a bad thing? Absolutely not. It's actually a good thing that we care enough to keep ourselves clean, shaved, and pretty. :)

There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself and presenting oneself in that fashion, but to be perfectly honest, I think it can also appear as if their trying too hard, like they're selling themselves to the general public when getting overly excessive and obsessive about it. Do you honestly care what some stranger you've never met before thinks about your appearance?

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 22:12
angelina jolie she still looks amazing tho :D and kim kardashian
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4359/angelinajoliewithoutmak.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/152/kimkardashianwithwithou.jpg

Good Lord, AJ looks freakin' scary without makeup! :eek:

Kim still looks ravishing, though.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself and presenting oneself in that fashion, but to be perfectly honest, I think it can also appear as if their trying too hard, like they're selling themselves to the general public when getting overly excessive and obsessive about it. Do you honestly care what some stranger you've never met before thinks about your appearance?

Oh I definitely agree, some girls take it waaay to far with plastic surgery, caking on way too much makeup, only buying super expensive clothes, etc. However, I didn't even think about that, because plastic surgery and too much makeup is not attractive, imo.

And no, I don't give a rat's behind what strangers think about how I look. I primp up for myself. Sure, it's great getting compliments, but like I said before, even if I'm alone all day and know I won't see anyone, I still go through the same routine. I like to look pretty because it makes me feel good, not because I'm trying to impress anyone. Girls who fix themselves up for other people are prime examples of the women that were foxes, then got married and turned into cows. Once they trapped a husband, they let themselves go because they don't care about impressing anyone anymore. I have a completely different outlook than that. I do it all for myself, so whenever (or if ever, rather) I get married, I'll still continue to fix myself a look nice, because it makes me feel good. :)

Minty Mouth
09-01-10, 22:14
Good Lord, AJ looks freakin' scary without makeup! :eek:

That's what I thought :p Although it looks like she is at some kind of event (that thing behind her) So I think she is probably weraring some Make up.

Your_Envy*
09-01-10, 22:22
Since we're mentioning Kim.. I remember how shocking this picture was cause her legs were so much photoshoped. :p

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2746/kimkardashiancellulite.jpg

Oh and, fierce baby. :ohn:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7483/tyrabanksfug.jpg

marla_biggs
09-01-10, 22:51
oh my goodness

Encore
09-01-10, 23:21
Girls who fix themselves up for other people are prime examples of the women that were foxes, then got married and turned into cows. Once they trapped a husband, they let themselves go because they don't care about impressing anyone anymore.

Do you even realize how bad that sounds and how superficial you just came across? And you don't even make a lot of sense either... First you say that you don't care about anyone else and just look good "for yourself" but then you say that these women are "cows" because they don't care about impressing anyone anymore.

You ever thought that some couples don't need all this "pimping up" to love each other? Or do you think that a man only likes a woman as long as she's able to impress all the other guys?

My mom doesn't wear any makeup and always dresses in confortable clothes but my dad's still around after more than 30 years, and I can assure you that if they had bumps across the way it was certainly not because of how she looks!

Geez..

Lavinder
09-01-10, 23:23
Since we're mentioning Kim.. I remember how shocking this picture was cause her legs were so much photoshoped. :p

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2746/kimkardashiancellulite.jpg

They've also made her hips smaller, her breasts stick out more, her arms thinner and her skin lighter and smoother.

xXhayleyroxXx
09-01-10, 23:28
Do you even realize how bad that sounds and how superficial you just came across? And you don't even make a lot of sense either... First you say that you don't care about anyone else and just look good "for yourself" but then you say that these women are "cows" because they don't care about impressing anyone anymore.

You ever thought that some couples don't need all this "pimping up" to love each other? Or do you think that a man only likes a woman as long as she's able to impress all the other guys?

My mom doesn't wear any makeup and always dresses in confortable clothes but my dad's still around after more than 30 years, and I can assure you that if they had bumps across the way it was certainly not because of how she looks!

Geez..

I agree completely. My mums like yours in sense of makeup and clothes. Girls liek dressing to impress - and if you're young and free why not? I like dressing up but I can go out without makeup on. I'd prefer not to however as I have terrible anaemia

Melonie Tomb Raider
09-01-10, 23:51
That's what I thought :p Although it looks like she is at some kind of event (that thing behind her) So I think she is probably weraring some Make up.

She might be, but if she is, that's even more scary. She's even got some good lighting behind her. :vlol: She looks gorgeous with makeup on, though. :tmb:

Oh and, fierce baby. :ohn:

Yeah, that's crazy. Kim looks just fine in the before shot, methinks. :)

Geez..

Apparently you didn't understand what I said. They're not "cows" because they don't care about impressing anyone, but more so because they let themselves go out of lack of care. I clearly stated that a huge flaw with trying to impress others is that once these women get married, they don't feel the need to impress anyone, so they let themselves go. On the other hand, had they never cared about impressing other people in the first place, and simply primped (not pimped) up for their own personal gratification, the chances of letting themselves go plummets.

I'm sure your mom is a beautiful woman. I never said that women who don't wear makeup let themselves go. Granted, I think a little makeup looks best on any woman, but as long as a girl takes care of herself, she can still look beautiful without it. Your mom bathes doesn't she? I'm sure she shaves and keeps herself looking good, whether she wears makeup or not. Therefore, the "cow" comment wouldn't refer to her.

Whoaaaa, cowboy. No need to get all bent out of shape.

x2crazyidiot
09-01-10, 23:58
to be fair they're hyped up to be PERFECT, so of course when we see them without makeup we're like AHHH! They're people too, we all look terrible (well, apart from us guys cos we don't wear makeup :p) without makeup on so they're no different

Yeah it's way more than makeup. It's one part makeup to two parts photoshop.

agreed.

Simochka
10-01-10, 00:44
I'm a guy who wears make up and I have to wear it EVERY day. I can't go out to buy cigarettes without atleast foundation, powder and mascara.

Everyday that I go out I wear foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyebrow pen, eyeliner and mascara.

I look fresher, better and my eyes gets a new shape that I love.
And now later times some people tell me I look like a doll and everyone wants me to do their make up.

But they would be shocked if they saw me without make up. xD

I think it's important to always look your best when going outside. Expect on the summer because then heavy make up can be annoying :p

scion05
10-01-10, 00:53
http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/81/6/madonna_without_makeup.0.0.0x0.432x640.jpeg

And if you dare say anything nasty, you'll have to face the wrath of her arms :D

marla_biggs
10-01-10, 01:02
Let's not forget..

http://www.aishamusic.com/Judiciary_Report/images/madonna-looking-rough-again.JPG

And the classic:

http://img.listal.com/image/852776/500full-madonna.jpg

:(

scion05
10-01-10, 01:05
1. The top one is just an unflattering expression. If she was smiling she'd look fine.
2. Pre-confessions tour, for some reason she always looks like this before she kicks off a tour, tiredness from rehearsals maybe ? She only wore light make-up on the latest leg of S&S and looked stunning throughout.

:)

marla_biggs
10-01-10, 01:52
They are just bad pics imo. She looks good most of the time :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
10-01-10, 03:38
I can't stand madonna, but she actually doesn't look half bad without makeup.

mind
10-01-10, 10:05
She is 50 people! :smk:

Lavinder
10-01-10, 10:24
I'm a guy who wears make up and I have to wear it EVERY day. I can't go out to buy cigarettes without atleast foundation, powder and mascara.

Everyday that I go out I wear foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyebrow pen, eyeliner and mascara.

I look fresher, better and my eyes gets a new shape that I love.
And now later times some people tell me I look like a doll and everyone wants me to do their make up.

But they would be shocked if they saw me without make up. xD

I think it's important to always look your best when going outside. Expect on the summer because then heavy make up can be annoying :p

Would you ever let your partner see you without makeup?

I feel extremely uncomfortable going outside without makeup because my makeup is part of my personality and I like to get people to know me properly first.

Whereas at home and with my boyfriend, they already know who I am, so I can easily hang out with Jamie and my parents without even having brushed my hair first thing in the morning. Personally I think I look repulsive and don't feel like myself, but I must be exaggerating because Jamie tells me I still look beautiful and even tells me not to bother putting on makeup some days. :p

Makeup is my choice of clothes, I would not walk around naked would I?

scion05
10-01-10, 10:36
I can't stand madonna.

Considering the amount of abortions she's allegedly had, I'm not at all surprised :ton:

mike-d
10-01-10, 19:15
First of all, that 'if' reveals alot about your reply. The fact is you're not a celebrity so how could you possibly know that you wouldn't mind? It's easy to assume that it wouldn't bother you when looking at it from your perspective. But I bet if you asked any of these celebs how they feel about it, I'm quite certain they would have a much different answer than yours.

Second, there's a stark difference between practicing proper hygiene and getting all glam'd up and that's the point I was making in my previou reply. Bottom line is, it's their life, they should be allowed to live it in this respect however they choose.

OK, first off there is really no need to get hostile. :o And I think celebrities know what they were getting themselves into when they considered starting such a career. They CHOSE to be artistic (acting, singing) and to earn millions as a result, and they knew that they are going to be exposed to a lot of criticism.

And yes there is a difference between practicing proper hygiene and getting dolled up. That's why I used the words at least. It's proper hygiene to shave your armpits, wash your face before you leave the house etc etc... I never suggested that they get a nose job before leaving the house (!) I just said that they are celebs who knew what they were getting themselves into so they should fix themselves up, wear some makeup, comb their hair, and of course, practice proper hygiene before leaving the house.

jackles
10-01-10, 19:26
Maybe they see a difference between what they do as a 'job' and real life. Sometimes people need time off from their 'jobs' to be themselves. Maybe they are feeling ill...or they have had a row with their OH. You just don't know.

tombraiderluka
10-01-10, 19:39
Considering the amount of abortions she's allegedly had, I'm not at all surprised :ton:
lmao :vlol:

Kim Kardashian sometimes really annoys me :)

mike-d
10-01-10, 22:35
Maybe they see a difference between what they do as a 'job' and real life. Sometimes people need time off from their 'jobs' to be themselves. Maybe they are feeling ill...or they have had a row with their OH. You just don't know.

OK it's a good point... But when you're a celebrity, looking clean and appealing becomes part of your life and not a job anymore. It's more like a habit, and all I'm saying is that celebs should try to maintain a clean and clear look. OK there will always be the times when they don't have make-up on, duh... But there should rarely be a time when they haven't shaved their armpits or haven't washed their face :)

patriots88888
11-01-10, 09:39
OK, first off there is really no need to get hostile. :o And I think celebrities know what they were getting themselves into when they considered starting such a career. They CHOSE to be artistic (acting, singing) and to earn millions as a result, and they knew that they are going to be exposed to a lot of criticism.

And yes there is a difference between practicing proper hygiene and getting dolled up. That's why I used the words at least. It's proper hygiene to shave your armpits, wash your face before you leave the house etc etc... I never suggested that they get a nose job before leaving the house! I just said that they are celebs who knew what they were getting themselves into so they should fix themselves up, wear some makeup, comb their hair, and of course, practice proper hygiene before leaving the house.

I'm anything but hostile, just trying to get you to understand a point. I'll say this one last time and you can choose whether to accept, ignore, and/or dismiss it. Celebrities do give up a certain degree of privacy and private life (it comes with the career they choose) no doubt, but they don't entirely give up their lives in doing so. Which means they don't have to cater to your's or anyone else's expectations of how they should appear 24/7. They have the right to look any way they so choose during their presonal time outside of their professional life . Whether you think it should be that way or not is irrelevant.

viper456
11-01-10, 10:00
I still haven't seen an "ugly" photo in this thread. The "really bad" ones people keep posting are just really unflattering angles/timing :p

mike-d
11-01-10, 10:48
I'm anything but hostile, just trying to get you to understand a point. I'll say this one last time and you can choose whether to accept, ignore, and/or dismiss it. Celebrities do give up a certain degree of privacy and private life (it comes with the career they choose) no doubt, but they don't entirely give up their lives in doing so. Which means they don't have to cater to your's or anyone else's expectations of how they should appear 24/7. They have the right to look any way they so choose during their presonal time outside of their professional life . Whether you think it should be that way or not is irrelevant.

Well of course I get your point. But they really do have to cater to my expectations because that's the point of being a celeb: impressing the public and earning money as a result.

Now of course in their personal time, they can look however they want to. It's a basic right that anyone has. But what I'm saying is that they shouldn't walk around the streets smelling bad for example or having an oily face and whatnot :) And BTW when you're a celebrity, your personal life becomes your professional life. How else do you think celebs get so famous? Magazines, internet, and TV use the celeb's private life to garner attention and the celeb gains publicity. And what I'm saying is that celebs should try to look decent at all times in order to form a good image with the public and attract the right kind of attention.

And when I see, let's say Britney Spears whom I really like, walking around the streets with no panties, bad hair extensions, cold sores, an oily face and unshaved armpits, it's really offensive in a way because this celebrity is earning millions, and those are our millions, and now she's sort of disrespecting us and telling us that I already have your money and you can do nothing about it... Something like that :o

corey01
11-01-10, 11:35
Perhaps some sort of concealer, She has a nice complection... Compared to me.

or

PIXIE LOTT! :D

[IMG]http://i49.************/2vv25ol.jpg[IMG]
That must be a really old photo. Her teeth are different.
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Nyiipr-yxiQ/SOcJkG274NI/AAAAAAAABOM/q_X3JJpqdVA/s400/sharon_osbourne_without_make_up_.jpg[IMG]
Good Lord :yik:

patriots88888
11-01-10, 11:59
Well of course I get your point. But they really do have to cater to my expectations because that's the point of being a celeb: impressing the public and earning money as a result.

Now of course in their personal time, they can look however they want to. It's a basic right that anyone has. But what I'm saying is that they shouldn't walk around the streets smelling bad for example or having an oily face and whatnot :) And BTW when you're a celebrity, your personal life becomes your professional life. How else do you think celebs get so famous? Magazines, internet, and TV use the celeb's private life to garner attention and the celeb gains publicity. And what I'm saying is that celebs should try to look decent at all times in order to form a good image with the public and attract the right kind of attention.

And when I see, let's say Britney Spears whom I really like, walking around the streets with no panties, bad hair extensions, cold sores, an oily face and unshaved armpits, it's really offensive in a way because this celebrity is earning millions, and those are our millions, and now she's sort of disrespecting us and telling us that I already have your money and you can do nothing about it... Something like that :o

Hate to break the news to ya, but these celebs owe you nothing, NOTHING. They receive your money because you choose to pay them that money. If you or anyone else doesn't care for the way a certain celebrity presents themself and it bothers you that much there's a simple solution to that, stop putting your cash into their tills.

You can moan all you want about their 'casual' appearance and it won't change a thing. You know why? Because so many others don't care what these celebs look like when they're cashing out at the local convenient store or dropping mail at the post office. They'll continue to ante up because it's their actual talents (music, acting, etc.) that they really care about and the celebs are well aware that.

digitizedboy
11-01-10, 12:11
Maybe the Kate Moss one could be used as an anti-cocaine advertisement.

mike-d
12-01-10, 11:04
Hate to break the news to ya, but these celebs owe you nothing, NOTHING. They receive your money because you choose to pay them that money. If you or anyone else doesn't care for the way a certain celebrity presents themself and it bothers you that much there's a simple solution to that, stop putting your cash into their tills.

You can moan all you want about their 'casual' appearance and it won't change a thing. You know why? Because so many others don't care what these celebs look like when they're cashing out at the local convenient store or dropping mail at the post office. They'll continue to ante up because it's their actual talents (music, acting, etc.) that they really care about and the celebs are well aware that.

OK first of all, it doesn't concern me so much, but when someone puts out an argument I just like to play it out till the end :o So it's really not me obsessing over this more than it is my desire to hold a debate sort of.

And of course they owe me nothing, but what I was saying is that celebs who are basically famous for their looks should not go out in a bad condition simply for the sake of their career. Is it normal when Kate Moss is seen with a 50-looking face, and she's a supermodel? Or is it good if Britney Spears goes out without underwear or without washing her face, when she is a pop idol (which involves good looks)?

Btw I am in no way speaking about the pics that are posted in this thread...
What I'm saying is that some celebs have ought to look respectable at all times because it is basically their job. You really think these people are famous for their talent only? I bet you Beyonce wouldn't be so famous if she didn't have a good body, or Britney for that matter. And of course there are still many celebs who are respected for their talent like Susan Boyle, but I was in no way speaking of these celebs.

If you recall, all I simply said was

"I agree, even though I am like the biggest Britney fan I mean come on she could at least fix herself up before leaving the house and stuff..."

and I was talking about hygiene and basic fixing-ups, but for some reason it was an incorrect opinion...

Lara Croft!
12-01-10, 18:19
And today I bumped into an article about photoshoped celebrities (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/galleries/when_photoshop_attacks_celebs_get_digitally_nipped _and_tucked/when_photoshop_attacks_celebs_get_digitally_nipped _and_tucked.html)

Jack Croft
12-01-10, 18:32
And today I bumped into an article about photoshoped celebrities (http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/galleries/when_photoshop_attacks_celebs_get_digitally_nipped _and_tucked/when_photoshop_attacks_celebs_get_digitally_nipped _and_tucked.html)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/01/06/gal_photoshop_veronica-kay_stuff.jpg

They photoshopped her leg LOL.

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-01-10, 18:34

I didn't even know about that and I still didn't like her. :vlol:

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 18:36
I didn't even know about that and I still didn't like her. :vlol:
Melonie do you have before and after pics?

Nenya awakens
12-01-10, 18:52

:cln:

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-01-10, 18:56

That was a great read. :tmb: I really admire Kim K for her honesty and confidence in herself. :tmb: Gorgeous girl.

I don't, but that would be fun to do a before and after comparison. I like how I look without makeup, but I like how I look with it better. The only thing I really don't like about myself without makeup is that my eyebrows are really sparse. I tweezed them way too much when I was a teenager. When I wear makeup, I fill in the gaps, but without overdoing it. I finally have great skin (not when I was a teenager), so I'm happy about that. :)

I've been meaning to make some makeup tutorials, I know i promised Nenya I would and I haven't done it yet. :o I wanted to try to get a video because that would help way more than just explaining it.

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 18:59
That was a great read. :tmb: I really admire Kim K for her honesty and confidence in herself. :tmb: Gorgeous girl.

I don't, but that would be fun to do a before and after comparison. I like how I look without makeup, but I like how I look with it better. The only thing I really don't like about myself without makeup is that my eyebrows are really sparse. I tweezed them way too much when I was a teenager. When I wear makeup, I fill in the gaps, but without overdoing it. I finally have great skin (not when I was a teenager), so I'm happy about that. :)

I've been meaning to make some makeup tutorials, I know i promised Nenya I would and I haven't done it yet. :o I wanted to try to get a video because that would help way more than just explaining it.
What? :( I meant of other celebrities, not yours pics. But now that you mention it, maybe you should do a make-up tutorial, I saw one with Lady Gaga's make up and it was interesting

nightwishgirl84
12-01-10, 18:59
Melonie - I love tutorials and FOTD's :)
Are you also a member of Specktra?
Love that forum (though I do buy too much because of them lol) and there are usually good tips and tutorials to be found there.

Melonie Tomb Raider
12-01-10, 19:31
What? :( I meant of other celebrities, not yours pics. But now that you mention it, maybe you should do a make-up tutorial, I saw one with Lady Gaga's make up and it was interesting

Oops, my bad. :o No, I don't, but I've found some pretty interesting ones. Most celebs still look pretty without makeup, it's just a big shock compared to how much more pretty they look with it. Oh, and just to reclarify, when I said I didn't like Madonna, I also said she looked pretty good without makeup in the exact same post. Just wanted y'all to know I wasn't on a bash fest.

Melonie - I love tutorials and FOTD's :)
Are you also a member of Specktra?
Love that forum (though I do buy too much because of them lol) and there are usually good tips and tutorials to be found there.

Yes, I have learned so much from tutorials! But no, I'll have to check that site out. :)

CiaKonwerski
12-01-10, 20:20

OMG!
AND this is why I dub her, MAN GAGA!

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:20
AND this is why I dub her, MAN GAGA!
Wow.. reported this post as an insult.

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 20:25

Reported this post as stupid.

Anyway, Lady Gaga is pretty :(

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:31
Reported this post as stupid.

Anyway, Lady Gaga is pretty :(
Yes she is!

marla_biggs
12-01-10, 20:32
Gaggy is hot... even in the left pic

mau3genius
12-01-10, 20:36

lol that means Lady GaGa is a member of TRF?!

Anyway, I'd love to see some pictures of the Kardashians without make up, they use a ton of it. :pi:

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:37
lol that means Lady GaGa is a member of TRF?!

Anyway, I'd love to see some pictures of the Kardashians without make up, they use a ton of it. :pi:
yh she is :)

Catapharact
12-01-10, 20:39
Proof that with enough makeup, ANYONE can look good.

http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/imgx/7/2/6/3/5/6/1/orig-7263561.jpg

That people... Is a dude.

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 20:39

You havent seen anything if that is the most extreme you've seen it.

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:40

So you like dudes?

I thought it was Annie Lennox

TRhalloween
12-01-10, 20:41
Ummm ... and airbrushing?

Catapharact
12-01-10, 20:41
You havent seen anything if that is the most extreme you've seen it.

Oh I think I can surprise you on that end Lol! But I wanted to find a comfortable medium between extreme and wayyyy extreme and well... Cinema Bizarre does secure that niche perfectly Lol!

So you like dudes?

And you concluded this based on...?

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:43
And you concluded this based on...?
Your pic

Catapharact
12-01-10, 20:45
Your pic

So putting up a picture of a guy with makeup on as an example that anyone can pull off the flawless airbrushed look by slapping on a lot of foundation on makes a person gay?

Oh I sure hope you don't spit things like that out outside of the cyber world.

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:47
So putting up a picture of a guy with makeup on as an example that anyone can pull off the flawless airbrushed look by slapping on a lot of foundation on makes a person gay?

Oh I sure hope you don't spit things like that out outside of the cyber world.
You don't seem like you have make up on, on your profile image :confused:

Catapharact
12-01-10, 20:48
You don't seem like you have make up on, on your profile image :confused:

See, my wife tells me not to get angry at her friend for giving me that haircut... But its kinda hard not to do that with remarks like these.

Don't worry Luka, this isn't ment as a hostile attack on you Lol!

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:51

See, my wife tells me not to get angry at her friend for giving me that haircut... But its kinda hard not to do that with remarks like these.

Don't worry Luka, this isn't ment as a hostile attack on you Lol!
Haha, I like that response, I actually tried to joke with you to make you angry, didn't expect that one coming. You got a point from me :tmb:

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 20:51
Thats practically the definition of trolling :ton:

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 20:54
I'm sorry :(

I actually think make up makes people prettier and therefore people should wear it. OF course there are people who look good with no make up, but surely they would look good with make up. So I don't care if starts wear make-up, we need a little pretty after all :)

mau3genius
12-01-10, 21:09
yh she is :)

lmao
It would be cool to have famous TR fans though :p

I actually think make up makes people prettier and therefore people should wear it. OF course there are people who look good with no make up, but surely they would look good with make up. So I don't care if stars wear make-up, we need a little pretty after all :)

I agree. Make up enhances good looks, so even for those who do look good without it, it's not bad to wear it. If done properly, it can be quite appealing. lol I love women with make up on. :p

Catapharact
13-01-10, 02:36

I wonder as to how much of a frenzy people would have gotten into had I tried something like that.

I agree. Make up enhances good looks, so even for those who do look good without it, it's not bad to wear it. If done properly, it can be quite appealing. lol I love women with make up on. :p

No one is arguing about if its good or bad to wear makeup; Its just that people have such a facination with celebs and their faces yet the irony of it all is that its all usually makeup.

TRhalloween
13-01-10, 12:03
lmao
It would be cool to have famous TR fans though :p

Shirley Manson actually said she's a Lara croft fan in an old interview.

mau3genius
13-01-10, 12:06
Shirley Manson actually said she's a Lara croft fan in an old interview.

*faints*
The best of both worlds :D

TR luver7
13-01-10, 15:25
http://addisabram.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/camerondiaz.jpg

sweet heaven! :yik:
but it still looks like she's got on makeup in the bad one. Maybe it was just a bad picture,