PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

danjodan
09-01-10, 21:07
When I play Legend with next gen on,at some places the frame rate goes down to 20 it is still smooth but no lower but I usually get 35 FPS and up.Is this normal,it doesent happen with next gen off and I have ATI HD 4770 512mb

aussie500
10-01-10, 01:26
What frame rate you get is dependent on your hardware and what resources are available for playing the game. If you want to improve performance while gaming you could try turning off unnecessary programs running in the background, defragmenting the hard drive, and checking for spyware and such.

Ward Dragon
10-01-10, 01:28
When I play Legend with next gen on,at some places the frame rate goes down to 20 it is still smooth but no lower but I usually get 35 FPS and up.Is this normal,it doesent happen with next gen off and I have ATI HD 4770 512mb

Does the frame rate always drop at the same places? For example, at the very beginning of Ghana or during the bike chase at Kazakhstan?

danjodan
10-01-10, 03:26
Does the frame rate always drop at the same places? For example, at the very beginning of Ghana or during the bike chase at Kazakhstan?

yeah,it does not lag but you feel the frame rate drop and it feels choppy

Ward Dragon
10-01-10, 04:04
yeah,it does not lag but you feel the frame rate drop and it feels choppy

That happened to me too despite the PC more than meeting the recommended requirements. I think a few areas in the game are poorly optimized for next-gen mode. For example, I had to turn next-gen completely off during the bike chase in Kazakhstan because parts of the map kept flickering and turning invisible (such as the ground and the obstacles).