PDA

View Full Version : Forget When A Stranger CAlls...(Traumatic experience last night)

elizard_9594
10-01-10, 16:32
so after watching when a stranger calls at my friend Ali's house for her 15th birthday party, i posted it on here in the general horror movie discussion thread. well, little did i know that being scared of that movie was the smallest of things that could go wrong last night.

all in all, Ali's house caught fire while we were staying there at her big 15th b-day party at 2a.m.-ish. It was in the furnace and luckily nothing actually caught ablaze, but we still could have died of smoke inhalation if we had gone to bed like we were talking about instead of Meghan and Abby wanting another pizza. If it weren't for their black pit stomachs, i would be dead right now.

talk about trauma.

has anyone else had something happen to this like them? something that made you think 'wow, i could have died.'?

lara c. fan
10-01-10, 16:33
so after watching when a stranger calls at my friend Ali's house for her 15th birthday party, i posted it on here in the general horror movie discussion thread. well, little did i know that being scared of that movie was the smallest of things that could go wrong last night.

all in all, Ali's house caught fire while we were staying there at her big 15th b-day party at 2a.m.-ish. It was in the furnace and luckily nothing actually caught ablaze, but we still could have died of smoke inhalation if we had gone to bed like we were talking about instead of Meghan and Abby wanting another pizza. If it weren't for their black pit stomachs, i would be dead right now.

talk about trauma.

has anyone else had something happen to this like them? something that made you think 'wow, i could have died.'?

:yik:

:hug:

You want to ask Hayley about that question...
Myself, nearly been run over twice, and nearly been involved in a crash.

Minty Mouth
10-01-10, 16:36

I have come very close to being run over on two occastions also, although these were actually pretty much completely my own fault. That and the combination of infinitely busy roads and me not having all day to wait there because I have to be at college. Would it be so hard for a driver to stop and let a pedestrian pass every now and again?

elizard_9594
10-01-10, 16:42
this was horrible though, we thought the house was on fire and molly was hysterical because she'd left her boyfriend's class ring inside and knew exactly where it was and was having a breakdown in the front yard crying and screaming that she had to back in and get it. i was wearing my skinny jeans and a t-shirt and Ali's mom's coat and was in the snow iwithout shoes and only socks. the only thing i grabbed were my phone (didn't actually grab it cuz it was in my pocket) and Ali's dog.

CuteKittenlol
10-01-10, 16:42
I nearly drown when i was about 7-ish. Had one of those body boards, it was getting towards the end of the day so the tide was changing, and i couldn't swim. Went a bit too far out and it got to the point where my feet couldnt touch the ground, obviously panicking i was splashing about, shouting for help and my dad was just sat friggin' smiling at me..until he realised i wasnt ****ing about, he came over (to stop and put my STUPID little brother on his shoulders becaus he wanted to come too..) and grabbed me. There was like no one else in that part of the sea because it was getting late. My dad said he thought i was waving..like no, im small, the water was deep to me, i can't freakin' swim and im just y'know, going under and flailing my arms about for no reason :)

Nearly been knocked over a few times too, but when you need to cross a busy road to catch an 8:55am tram when you have to be at college for 9am and you can hear the bells to signal the tram is almost ready to leave..yeah, you're gonna run across the road because drivers must think its funny to watch you miss your tram.

Encore
10-01-10, 17:24
It's really creepy to think that if it wasn't for some coincidence, you could have been killed. Makes you wonder about fate.

I was very close to drowning once. I was rolled up by a big wave, and I was very young at the time... Only my sister and my cousin were at the beach with me and they didn't see me, neither did the lifeguards so basically I only survived because the sea allowed me to. If for some reason that wave didn't throw me to the shore at the time it did, I probably would have died. It was one of the strangest experiences in my life, that feeling that you simply can't breathe! :eek:

Aranara
10-01-10, 17:27
I was once almost run over by a car. Jerk. He is one of my neighbors. Had to change his tires next morning. :whi:

lara c. fan
10-01-10, 17:32
I was once almost run over by a car. Jerk. He is one of my neighbors. Had to change his tires next morning. :whi:

I've definitely never done that to the 2 people that nearly did that to me :pi:

Oh yeah, I remember I went down one of these racing things that you go down a slide and whoever is fastest wins, I didn't realise that the water was 5 ft high, me being about 4'9 at the time. And I wasn't a good swimmer.
I ended up having to push from the bottom every time I went under, until about 10 seconds later I managed to grab something to keep me above water.

Not as bad as the other ones, but it made me scared of deep water, which I still am today :o

Azerutan
10-01-10, 17:59
I was shot in the face when I was 13... but I don't think I got trauma from that. I just moved on with my life.

shadow_fire
10-01-10, 18:11
**** thats scary!!
Ive nearly been run over countless of times. and I have been hit like 3 lols I never look both ways when I cross the road.( musta missed that lesson at school :pi: I just....cross. Scarest time was when I just about got hit by a giant Mac Truck.

Another time I nearly drowned when I was little after I snuck onto the hyrdalside and nearly drownd in the pool in the bottom. some fat **** landed on me too the dumb ass.

Another time I nearly drowned in a pond at the bontanical gardens when I was 5. My father had to dive in and save me......all I wanted was to pat the ducks lols

was staying at at camping ground and got threatend by a crazed P addict, I also have been threatend to be killed by this other **** who beat up my mom and sister...

Reggie
10-01-10, 18:13
Wow. I'm glad you're safe.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
10-01-10, 18:17

talk about trauma.

When I was young, once or twice while driving like a maniac. Then I wrecked my first car and needless to say, I've been a much more careful driver.

elizard_9594
10-01-10, 18:23
Wow. I'm glad you're safe.

thanks. the weirdest part of it was that Ali and i were talking bout how old her house is right before she went upstairs and then came down and noticed the wall of smoke. the convo was:

Me: "How old is your house anyway? i know it's old but, you know."
Ali: Well, these two rooms are older than the rest, theyre just build-ons mostly. see how these walls are so thick?
Me: yeah...
Ali: It's cause they have real logs underneath from where this was a cabin and stuff. they just have boards over them now, and a layer of drywall."
Me: so how old is it exactly, or do you know?
Ali: they think it was the 1890's. That's what the people we had out here to tell us about it said.
(Someone from upstairs: ALI! COME UP HERE!)
*ali runs upstairs*
Me(to myself): Wow, I'm amazed nothing's happened to it yet...

(House catches fire bout 5 minutes later)

jackles
10-01-10, 18:23
I had a few things that sort of shocked me...Someone broke into my bedroom when I was about 14...and I sat up in bed and told them in no uncertain terms to get out of there. Luckily they turned and ran. Luckily.

Another time which affected me was when I worked at a building society and this HIV postive (as we found out later) junkie jumped the counter and robbed us. All I could think once the adrenaline stopped was that if he had had a weapon I could have been dead. I had to change jobs not long after, one of the girls there had been in branch when we had been robbed for three times. :(

You just never know how you are going to react in any given situation though.

TombOfRaiders
10-01-10, 18:42
I could've died, when I chased by pikeys on quadbikes who were armed with D-B shotguns! :pi:

sarahamsterdam
10-01-10, 18:45
good stuff

HappyShannon
10-01-10, 20:31
:eek: I'm glad you're alright :o

I've nearly been hit by a car a lot of times - When I was 10 & 11, my friends would always run across the road with out looking, even though we knew it wasn't safe and all that stuff. We thought it was cool, until I was riding my bike home from school and was hit by a car in May 2008.
It's kinda traumatised me, I don't really use my bike now, and I know I traumatised the man who hit me, because I heard him telling my mum "I'll never forget the look of horror on her face seconds before I hit her". :(

I'm still mad at myself for that :hea:

Tommy123
11-01-10, 00:12
Glad your okey :)

almost got hit by a car a few times but thats about all i can remember

miss.haggard
11-01-10, 00:22
I almost got crushed by a tree when I was out riding my bike... in a tornado.

Srs.

remote91
11-01-10, 00:26
I almost got crushed by a tree when I was out riding my bike... in a tornado.

Srs.
...lol'd

January_Snow*
11-01-10, 00:29
I once watched a late movie, and I wanted something to snack, so I put some mini pizzas in the oven..... and I fell asleep that was 12 am, I was in the living room, wich is conneceted with the kitchen, when I woke up it was 6 am, the house was full of smoke, I dont know how I didnt suffacate from smoke, pure luck I guess...

Encore
11-01-10, 00:52
I was shot in the face when I was 13... but I don't think I got trauma from that. I just moved on with my life.

Whaaaaat? :eek:

... I'm not sure if I'm more shocked at this post or at the fact that no one else noticed it.

elizard_9594
11-01-10, 01:29
Whaaaaat? :eek:

... I'm not sure if I'm more shocked at this post or at the fact that no one else noticed it.

i just really wasn't sure what to make of it

and thank-you to all the people who are glad im okay. im still a bit shaken up over it.

larafan25
11-01-10, 01:32
HOLLY COW!

that is wild O.O

well onetime we had this broken switch that wouldn't turn off the ceiling light, and the light just flicked insanly all night because it was too hot to take the bulb out...so it woulve have caught fire or we could have had an electrical fire O.O

but thankfully I woke up to no fire in the morning:)

digitizedboy
11-01-10, 01:51
The only thing I can think of is when I got beaten up. These men were kicking the **** out of me (aiming for my head mainly). And I swear they weren't going to stop. But this red car pulled along and someone shouted out the window, "Leave him alone". Then they just did that...

It was about 1.00 am in the morning and not many people were about, so I was lucky that car came I guess. :shrug:

MiCkiZ88
11-01-10, 01:59
Im glad that you all are alright :hug:

There is only one traumatic situation that has ever happened to me. Being beaten up by a gang of 6 brothers. In the very middle of town on a busy square, yet people just gathered around the ''fight'', and no one even bothered to help me up. My bike was trashed and I had to somehow walk back home. I never spoke of it to anyone.

As for near death situations, well.. my grandfather saved my life when I nearly got ran over, and my father saved my life when I was about to choke on a hard candy that I accidentally swallowed, due to being adhd.

larafan25
11-01-10, 02:03
holly cow!

so many people just get randomly beaten up?

I am really sorry that there are such horrible people in this world.:(

Encore
11-01-10, 02:12
Yeah, it's so depressing to know that people have fun beating someone up, for no reason at all, just because. :( Makes you think about the evil that lurks inside human beings.

MiCkiZ88
11-01-10, 02:28
It is in our nature, but not that many know how to handle their feelings. We are fighters and fighting is the key to survival. The strongest ones live bla de blaah blaah etc.

Blegh. The silly thing is that I dont feel any need of revenge or anger at them.

touchthesky
11-01-10, 14:06

This is no good.

Did you need any operations or the like?

I've almost been hit by lightning.

For anyone who wasn't aware..lightning is LOUD. :o

Lightning Soul
12-01-10, 09:03
I nearly died from Menacocle-septicemia (a deadly form of Meningitis) when I was younger - my mum said she was praying for God to save me, he didn't - it was the love and support of my family :hug:
I could have lost limbs, eyesight or hearing - thankfully I'm 100% okay tho!

I also busted open my knee, after falling down the stairs in our house - my leg went through the wall, all the pressure caused my knee to swell up and had to be drained of fluid... it stunk like CAT PEE!! & hurt like a *****! :(

Other then that, no I've been pretty lucky - touch wood!!

@ person shot is face, I feel for you :o

elizard_9594
12-01-10, 21:18
im finally out of being so shaken bout this so im moving on, even tho im am gonna be pretty skitzo around fire for awhile still.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 22:00
im finally out of being so shaken bout this so im moving on, even tho im am gonna be pretty skitzo around fire for awhile still.

Hope it doesn't turn out like my not liking deep water stuff :)

*shudders*

T-Sex
12-01-10, 22:04
Some random guy once charged towards me with a knife and was getting pretty close, then some other random guy tackled him and tried to grab the knife so i ran off :whi:

HappyShannon
12-01-10, 22:21
Some random guy once charged towards me with a knife and was getting pretty close, then some other random guy tackled him and tried to grab the knife so i ran off :whi:

:eek: Wow, close one.

I hope the random guy who helped you was alright :o

Uzi master
12-01-10, 22:40
well, that does remind me of when my cousin almost shot me whith a rifle, but nothing else comes to mind really

T-Sex
12-01-10, 22:42
:eek: Wow, close one.

I hope the random guy who helped you was alright :o

Well i never heard a news report of someone being stabbed around that time, so i guess he was ok :)

elizard_9594
12-01-10, 23:32
i also drowned once and had to be recusitated and now i hate water
(i was 5)

and i almost got shot with a large firework and it just barely missed me

and now this.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 23:35
i also drowned once and had to be recusitated and now i hate water
(i was 5)

I was around 8 when I nearly drowned, didn't need resuscitating though, and I've had an utter fear of deep (Or at least if my feet can't touch the floor) water from then on out....

Uzi master
12-01-10, 23:37
I'm not really a big swimmer, but no experiences there gladly:D some people seem to have a lot of tramatic moments,

Capt. Murphy
13-01-10, 13:45
I was robbed at Gun Point once...

But the most terrified I've been would be when I was eating a frozen pizza I had cooked. I had cut it in half before I cooked it (since I was only eating half of it). While eating it I inhaled some crust-dust (the edge was so crispy) or some crumbs. I can't explain it any other way than my air-way constricting. I knew... I was certain that I couldn't have inhaled something so large to make me choke like that. I kept trying to cough it up - but the more I'd cough the more air I was losing... Because I couldn't inhale! :( I got up, beat my chest... Stuck my finger down my throat... Nothing was helping. I kept on coughing and trying to inhale. Then I got to jumping and trying to suck in air as hard as I could. I was gritting my teeth... And not much air was coming in. I got to thinking I'd have to take a sharp kitchen knife and stab a hole into my windpipe. But I kept on sucking in air... About the 3rd or 4th time I started getting a little bit of air.

Eventually I could breathe again... But the next few days I felt a real bad pain in my chest/lungs. And the whole experience was very unnerving. :(

I nearly died from Menacocle-septicemia (a deadly form of Meningitis) when I was younger - my mum said she was praying for God to save me, he didn't - it was the love and support of my family :hug:
I could have lost limbs, eyesight or hearing - thankfully I'm 100% okay tho!

You can't even thank God for your families' Love and Support?

Nevermind.

LightningRider
13-01-10, 13:49
****, I'm going to hug all of you because I'd be worried for you guys! :hug:

remote91
13-01-10, 13:53
But the most terrified I've been would be when I was eating a frozen pizza I had cooked. I had cut it in half before I cooked it (since I was only eating half of it). While eating it I inhaled some crust-dust (the edge was so crispy) or some crumbs. I can't explain it any other way than my air-way constricting. I knew... I was certain that I couldn't have inhaled something so large to make me choke like that. I kept trying to cough it up - but the more I'd cough the more air I was losing... Because I couldn't inhale! :( I got up, beat my chest... Stuck my finger down my throat... Nothing was helping. I kept on coughing and trying to inhale. Then I got to jumping and trying to suck in air as hard as I could. I was gritting my teeth... And not much air was coming in. I got to thinking I'd have to take a sharp kitchen knife and stab a hole into my windpipe. But I kept on sucking in air... About the 3rd or 4th time I started getting a little bit of air.

Eventually I could breathe again... But the next few days I felt a real bad pain in my chest/lungs. And the whole experience was very unnerving. :(

That's one of my worst fears, especially if I was on my own while it was happening.

xXhayleyroxXx
13-01-10, 15:10
that is seriously scary hunni - im glad you're okay. fire and deep water are the elements which scare me most - i'd hate to drown or burn :(
I'm glad you're ok and your friend didnt loose her house xxxx and im glad the doggy was ok x

haha! yeah death wants me but hasnt claimed me yet :p i should be dead - i've had 7 bad near-death experiences or so. It's actually so bad i've decided i want a white/cream coffin and a happy funeral. I should get life insurance at 17 :p