PDA

View Full Version : Time trial help :(

almayah
10-01-10, 18:49
Do you have any advice??

Everytime i want to complete a time trial, I get so nervous, I loose like a 10000 times, and i never get to finish the time trial :(
I finished only bolivia and Peru :(

Any advice??

Thxx anyway :)

aussie500
10-01-10, 19:24
Practice flying through the level on normal replay, and keep an eye out for shortcuts, things Lara does not have to do. Avoid fighting if you can it only wastes time.

Aranara
10-01-10, 19:34
Maybe this (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/timetrials/index.html) will help you :D

And I'm just focusing on not loosing health :)

Rai
10-01-10, 21:15
Which level are you needing help with? Or is it in general? If it is general, then you need to just practice the level. Start with an easy level, perhaps Bolivia to start. I might be able to give tips for individual levels.

aurora89
10-01-10, 21:40
Bulletproof Lara (defeating England TT) and One Hit Kill (Bolivia Redux TT) were all I needed to help me. I had a lot of trouble doing the motorcycle bit in Kazakhstan but luckily that's probably my favourite level so I didn't mind playing it over and over again!

It gets easier the more you play it.

almayah
11-01-10, 08:58
Which level are you needing help with? Or is it in general? If it is general, then you need to just practice the level. Start with an easy level, perhaps Bolivia to start. I might be able to give tips for individual levels.

I need help for England, I always finish it 5 minutes after the time trial is over :(
I finished Peru and Nepal so I unlocked some cheats
I'll try bolivia redux, to unlock one shot kill :)

TheBloodRed
11-01-10, 09:05
I never had any problems with the Time Trials. The amount of time they give you is WAYY more than enough. o-o;;

Just try to remember what happens next in the level and that you are allowed to die a few times.

Legend wasn't so hard at all. Just stick with it! ^_^

Anniversary on the other hand. T_T

TombRaiderFan.
11-01-10, 10:47
The time trials in Legend were fairly easy. Kazakhstan, Peru, and Bolivia Redux were a pain in the ***, the first two mainly because of the bike sequences.

The time trials in Anniversary I didn't even bother with! XD The levels in Anniversary are way to long for me to even want to replay in time trial mode. :p

If you are playing in the pc, use the fly cheat. It may be cheating, but it gets things done. :mis:

Ward Dragon
11-01-10, 14:29
I need help for England, I always finish it 5 minutes after the time trial is over :(

I thought it automatically quit once your time ran out :confused: Anyhow, with the one-shot-kill it's really easy :) Unfortunately you still have to do the serpent battle the regular way, and that back left bell always gives me problems, but you should have saved enough time with the one-shot-kill that you have time to do the serpent battle without too much pressure :)

The time trials in Legend were fairly easy. Kazakhstan, Peru, and Bolivia Redux were a pain in the ***, the first two mainly because of the bike sequences.

For the bike sequences, be aggressive and hunt the other bikers down instead of staying off to the sides where it's relatively safe. Also, the one-shot-kill cheat is amazingly good at making these parts go by quickly :D

almayah
11-01-10, 15:11
Thxx just completed Kazakhstan, and having fun with Amanda xD

I completed Nepal too, but there's something that bothers me. It says that you get special forces outfit, once you get the gold reward in Nepal. I got snowsuit when i collected it. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong??

almayah
11-01-10, 15:13
I thought it automatically quit once your time ran out :confused: Anyhow, with the one-shot-kill it's really easy :) Unfortunately you still have to do the serpent battle the regular way, and that back left bell always gives me problems, but you should have saved enough time with the one-shot-kill that you have time to do the serpent battle without too much pressure :)

For the bike sequences, be aggressive and hunt the other bikers down instead of staying off to the sides where it's relatively safe. Also, the one-shot-kill cheat is amazingly good at making these parts go by quickly :D

Yeah it does automaticly quit, but when I don't play the time trial, always takes 5 minutes after. I tried everything, but i'll get it. England is not my favourite level, so I never played it, exept when I had to :P

shadow_fire
11-01-10, 17:29
There is one bug in the game I discovered.
Start a time trial then quit.
Then start the level as normal and kill yourself after the first save point.
When you go back to the save point, the time trail should start.

I found that out by accident :p

Im not sure if it works on all the consoles but I have the xbox version :D

Love2Raid
11-01-10, 18:19
I finished Peru and Nepal so I unlocked some cheats
I'll try bolivia redux, to unlock one shot kill :)
Yes, use the cheats to your advantage. :)
Also, you can skip a big part of England by using a glitch. I'll just quote myself (too lazy to type it again lol):
That Snake can be annoying as hell, especially if one of its attacks throws you in the water. Remember to stand close to the levers so the grapple attaches easily. When one attempt fails, go to the other side of the 'bridge', that worked for me.
See here for more advice: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=132879

If you really can't do it, just skip the boss fight! :D
Do the 'walk on air glitch'* after you reach the right side of the tomb (after swinging on both lamp poles), then walk right to the tunnel you can't reach before the snake is dead. It's great, helped me to get the Time Trial. :tmb:
See here for a video of this shortcut: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=161920

Good luck! :)

*To perform this glitch, stand before a higher ledge/rock. Press the shoot button and jump button at exactly the same time, followed by forward. Watch the video in the link above to see what it looks like if done right. Then release the jump button but keep holding the shoot button and keep moving. If you stop moving or shooting, she will fall. It's possible to 'roll' while in the air, jumping is not possible (she will fall).

There is one bug in the game I discovered.
Start a time trial then quit.
Then start the level as normal and kill yourself after the first save point.
When you go back to the save point, the time trail should start.

I found that out by accident :p

Im not sure if it works on all the consoles but I have the xbox version :D
It only works on the XBOX version as far as I know, but not if you have installed the update for Legend.

shadow_fire
12-01-10, 05:16
Another one (aparently, I have never managed to do it but Ive seen video's)

you can do that walk on air trick in the england level and just pass the whole discovering the sword bit and the monster battle. You just walk straight to the tunnel

Its that one where you have to have Lara's guns sticking out. I have only ever made Lara walk on air once, and I got stuck in the Gym roof in Anni :p.

TombRaiderFan.
12-01-10, 17:40

I've always found it silly that the length of that sequence is solely dependent on how fast you kill the bikers. It could go on forever if you didn't kill them...makes it seem like a bit of a cheap level if you ask me since there wasn't any hard work into designing it, it was just the same thing over and over again.

Better than nothing I guess...:o

Ultimate_Lara
19-01-10, 02:19
My advice is to try and do Japan and England first

almayah
21-01-10, 09:59
Thxx guys
I completed final time trial-england
But my sister played legend, and when she finished bolivia, she saved it on my avegame, and i had to go all over again :confused: xD