PDA

View Full Version : Digimon the Anime show from the 1990's

-Chromeo-
12-01-10, 01:38
Now I've been remembering the many long days I would spend at age 8 or 9 watching Digimon.
It was such a huge part of my childhood, and when I just recently watched some old taped videos I had, all the childhood dreams came back to me, wanting to of course be a digidestined.
LOL

Who else here watched Digimon? and what was your favorite even that happened in the first 2 seasons?

I'm trying to remember all that I've forgotten haha

AmericanAssassin
12-01-10, 01:39
I used to love it, as a matter of fact. Sooooo much better than Pokemon. Seriously. :mis:

Love2Raid
12-01-10, 01:41
^ No it's not! :mis:

Yeah, I have watched a few episodes. :whi:

At first, I was sceptical. I thought it would be a Pokémon rip-off. But it turned out to be very different and I enjoyed it a lot! :tmb:

-Chromeo-
12-01-10, 01:42
I used to love it, as a matter of fact. Sooooo much better than Pokemon. Seriously. :mis:

I know RIGHT! I mean everyone was obsessed with Pokemon and it was like the #1 thing on every 9 yearold's mind, but Digimon was the other side of the fence.

FINALLY Someone who loved it also! Who was your favourite character? Mine was Angewomon...she was so awesome. =\

Love2Raid
12-01-10, 01:44
I know RIGHT! I mean everyone was obsessed with Pokemon and it was like the #1 thing on every 9 yearold's mind, but Digimon was the other side of the fence.

FINALLY Someone who loved it also! Who was your favourite character? Mine was Angewomon...she was so awesome. =\
She was my favourite too! I was soooo excited when the little digimon (forgot the name, Patamon? :confused:) evolved into her! :D

WSOwen02
12-01-10, 01:48
I watched it. Only the first couple of seasons though. I quit when they got a new group of kids. It was about that point when they were really reaching for new creatures and it got really dumb.

I remember seeing one where they fought some digimon in a trash can called, wait for it . . . TRASHMON, and I was like "that's it, I'm done."

:BitterSweet:
12-01-10, 01:50
I never really watched the show. Well maybe I have but I don't remember. I do remember playing with figures from Digimon. I don't know where I got them though, one I know I stole from someone in my class. :p

http://www.freewebs.com/digital_destiny/rika.jpghttp://www.thedigi-zone.com/images74Leo/Henry%20and%20Terriermon.jpg

Those two. :p The one I stole is the fox thing, called Rika? Or is the girl named Rika? I'm assuming the girl, not the fox thing.

-Chromeo-
12-01-10, 01:51
I watched it. Only the first couple of seasons though. I quit when they got a new group of kids. It was about that point when they were really reaching for new creatures and it got really dumb.

I remember seeing one where they fought some digimon in a trash can called, wait for it . . . TRASHMON, and I was like "that's it, I'm done."

HAHHA Really? I remember those ones, didnt they shoot like purple poo, except the poo was like perfectly shaped, and one of the girls grabbed it.

Love2Raid: I think it was Gatomon that turned into the girl angel,
which was highly suggestive i might add. She was wearing like a feather for a bra... ahhaa

Love2Raid
12-01-10, 01:58
LMAO at Trashmon. :vlol:

Love2Raid: I think it was Gatomon that turned into the girl angel,
which was highly suggestive i might add. She was wearing like a feather for a bra... ahhaa

Here she is:

http://digimon.neoseeker.com/w/i/digimon/5/5a/Angewomon.jpg

I remember now, there was also a male version: Angemon.

Shark_Blade
12-01-10, 02:12
I really like Matt and Patamon (because he's so damn cute). I couldn't care about the rest lmao.

I only watched the first movie, and the anime only on some episodes. It sucks when they have grown up and going to college, leaving it to the bratty geenrations. From there everything going down.

patriots88888
12-01-10, 02:18
EDIT: Oh dear, I did it again. Nvmnd. I confused it with another show from the 80's. My memory is crumbling lately. :o

Legend 4ever
12-01-10, 02:35
I watched Digimons in like, 2001. I was 10. Loved them. Pokemons were lame after watching Digimon. And I only liked Digimon 1, it had a story, the rest of them sucked IMO.

ShadyCroft
12-01-10, 08:44
Digimon and Pokemon are...well, different...despite both having the same idea of kids having these creatures as pets and the fighting and everything.

I watched both Pokemon and Digimon, and I gotta say that at first they're both great, but after a while you'd see that Digimon is a bit more serious and more fleshed out, sometimes even darker.
Pokemon looked like it could go on for 100 more episodes because there was no progression like in Digimon. It was throwing one tournament after another and to get to a tournament, alot of **** happens and there's like Team Rocket every episode...I mean, it was fun at first but then it turns into "same old, same old"

Digimon however was darker and the story really progressed and you were always on the edge. The kids dropped into this world and went through **** to get out, and then they go back to their world but then return because some dark souls took over.
I never felt scared while watching Pokemon. It was all green and trees and funny expressions on Ash, Misty and Brooke's faces. But in Digimon, the Bat villain kinda gave me the chills, and that huge snake thing thing that killed the whale was...:eek:

that was years and YEARS ago ! :( *sigh* childhood

ultima espio
12-01-10, 08:53
FINALLY! WOOO

I love it, still watching it now:D Finally, theres a discussion on it:D:D

Carbonek_0051
12-01-10, 08:55
I couldn't stand Digimon, my little brother however loved it, then he moved on to Yu Gi Oh!:p

Johnnay
12-01-10, 09:12
Digimon and Digimon 2 were awesome in my day

the rest...........sucked

but i loved the Angewomon/LadyDevimon cat fights

and i loved Lady devimons Voice actress

14N5coH7qDs

MO0MzXQTC3I

Orionvalentine
12-01-10, 10:11
I LOVED Digimon! The first season was the best, but I thoroughly enjoyed the second season (with the new Digidestined) But it got a tad confusing in the third season with them using magical cards and whatnot :p

It's a shame that there isn't a full season on DVD, only a select few episodes. I think they're missing out on a cash opportunity there...

LightningRider
12-01-10, 10:23
Pokemon was lame, Digimon is not, end of! :ton:

*ahem* I love Digimon, watched through the series, but it got downhill after... whichever the one got the Human Transformation or whatever. Besides, Ash still hasn't got them all, and I'd had enough. :whi:

Capt. Murphy
12-01-10, 10:36
I used to watch it. :tmb: Then each new season you'd miss the characters from the previous one, the story got recycled too much (but that's the deal with all those types of shows -I know), and somethings I don't recall finding out even after waiting so long... Like some kind of dark/evil giant Octopus thing they showed only a still of... So I eventually gave up watching it. :o

Lara Croft!
12-01-10, 12:41
I used to watch it sometimes. It was fun...

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 13:58
A blatant Pokemon rip off that never got too far.

:wve:

LightningRider
12-01-10, 14:04
A blatant Pokemon rip off that never got too far.

:wve:

Uh what?

It had a TV show, nothing else. The concept was also much better in my opinion, but I feel that it's a bit rude just to say it never got too far. I mean, a lot of Asian countries started off with Digimon before Pokemon became famous, including mine.

Ugh, I give up.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 14:25
Uh what?

It had a TV show, nothing else. The concept was also much better in my opinion, but I feel that it's a bit rude just to say it never got too far. I mean, a lot of Asian countries started off with Digimon before Pokemon became famous, including mine.

Ugh, I give up.

The reason for my oppinion are as follows.

Pokemon was released 3 years before and already maiking millions, The Titles are rediculously similar, The creatures are similar, The way of capturing them is similar, They evolve similarly.

Pokémon has since become the second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world, behind only Nintendo's own Mario series.

pekirock
12-01-10, 14:30
Digimon was my life when I was a child, good times. Digimon blows Pokemon out of the water, nuff said *snaps fingers* :ohn:

Carbonek_0051
12-01-10, 14:31
I'm just gonna pop in and say this....Pokemon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Digimon

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 14:32
Digimon was my life when I was a child, good times. Digimon blows Pokemon out of the water, nuff said *snaps fingers* :ohn:

No evidence.

Pokemon stamps out Digimon. FACT.

pekirock
12-01-10, 14:34
No evidence.

Pokemon stamps out Digimon. FACT.

Evidence? Exactly *snaps fingers again* :ohn:

LightningRider
12-01-10, 14:42
As much as it is, some of us just grew up with Digimon, some of us grew up with Pokemon. End of. Stop *****ing.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 14:43
Evidence? Exactly *snaps fingers again* :ohn:

Pokémon is infact the second most successful video game-based media franchise in the whole wide world.

Digimon isn't even on the top ten.

Thats enought to prove my point.

Orionvalentine
12-01-10, 14:56
Chocolate Teapot, as harsh as it sounds facts are rarely noticed by those that do not care. You cannot just say something is better than something else, because those are not in the territory of fact, it is opinion...

Reggie
12-01-10, 14:58
I loved Pokemon - and all it entailed but I liked Digimon too. The shows were actually entertaining and I particularly liked the whole Myotismon era. It was quite dark and dramatic for a kids show as I recall.

LightningRider
12-01-10, 15:04
Pokémon is infact the second most successful video game-based media franchise in the whole wide world.

Digimon isn't even on the top ten.

Thats enought to prove my point.

Oh, you didn't know it's not a videogame? Shame on you. :p

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 15:06
Oh, you didn't know it's not a videogame? Shame on you. :p

Oh, and did I must have forgot to metion that the pokemon anime is also more sucessful/popular than Digimon anime. :p

Alright enough, this is rediculous arguing over anime.

Lets call a truce.

LightningRider
12-01-10, 15:09
Oh, and did I must have forgot to metion that the pokemon anime is also more sucessful/popular than Digimon anime. :p

Alright enough, this is rediculous arguing over anime.

Lets call a truce.

I already did. But the comments continued. :whi:

Truce. :D

Orionvalentine
12-01-10, 15:10
*Flame on*

Well Sailor Moon was better than Pokemon... :vlol:

Carbonek_0051
12-01-10, 15:13
*Flame on*

Well Sailor Moon was better than Pokemon... :vlol:

+1,000,000

Sailor Moon R the Movie <3

LightningRider
12-01-10, 15:22
Yessss, Sailor Moon, lol.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 15:24
Sailor Moon foeva <3

Tomb-Dude
12-01-10, 15:27
haha!!! Best cartoon of my childhood that and pokemon. oh how i miss my childhood now :(

ultima espio
12-01-10, 15:35
Pokemon and Digimon are totally different, similar titles maybe, but totally different.

Digimon can digivolve many times into many forms, and they can digivolve back into their previous form, pokemon cant do that

Digimon think and act for themselves, some are good while some are evil, pokemon do what their trainer tells them to.

You can only have 1 partner Digimon, where as you catch as many pokemon as you like. You do not catch Digimon, you are given them.

The digital world is where digimon live, and earth is where the people live. In pokemon they all live in one world.

Digimon has really cool digivolution cutscenes, where as pokemon simply just change shape in a flash, digimon are seen transforming.

Gav593FlQWo

And Digimon speak our language, pokemon dont:p

Ada the Mental
12-01-10, 15:41
I liked both Digimon and Pokemon. There! :ton:

I remember, everyone was all "nya nya the Pokemon rip-off" but it was pretty good. At least the first two seasons.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 15:46
At Ultima Espio

1: similar titles maybe, but totally different.

A: Not Totally different, similar in alot of ways.

2: Digimon can digivolve many times into many forms, and they can digivolve back into their previous form, pokemon cant do that

A:True, But the concept of evolution is still present in both games.

3: Digimon think and act for themselves, some are good while some are evil, pokemon do what their trainer tells them to.

A: Many pokemon can think and act for themselves, for instance Legendary pokemon such as arceus formed the pokemon world, And Palkia and dialga formed time and space. Many pokemon resist capture. Mewtwo Is a famous evil pokemon who does as it pleases.

4: You can only have 1 partner Digimon, where as you catch as many pokemon as you like. You do not catch Digimon, you are given them.

A: There is a limit, 6 pokemon are allowed in your deck at any one time.
The digital world is where digimon live, and earth is where the people live. In pokemon they all live in one world.

5: Digimon has really cool digivolution cutscenes, where as pokemon simply just change shape in a flash, digimon are seen transforming.

A:There are also many dramatic pokemon evolutions in the anime, Tiny Feebas into A Giant, beautiful milotic for instance.

6:And Digimon speak our language, pokemon dont:p

A: Many Pokemon can speak in english. Meowth of team rocket is a good example.

LightningRider
12-01-10, 15:53
I thought we all agreed Sailor Moon win?! :smk:

Oh for goodness sakes. :rolleyes:

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 15:54
Alright SAILOR MOON WIN! <3

Orionvalentine
12-01-10, 15:54
Pffft, somebody ought to make a Sailor Moon thread then :p

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 17:11
I used to have a patamon plush toy.

*revels in nostalgia*

ultima espio
12-01-10, 17:21
I used to have a patamon plush toy.

*revels in nostalgia*

In order of buying them....not that i remember;)

Gatomon
Gommamon
Koromon
Agumon
Gabumon
Patamon
Biyomon
Palmon

I had them transforming ones too lol.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 17:22
In order of buying them....not that i remember;)

Gatomon
Gommamon
Koromon
Agumon
Gabumon
Patamon
Biyomon
Palmon

I had them transforming ones too lol.
Oh, yeah and I had Gatoman pillow (*hugs it*)
and a palmon and a Biyomon plush toys :D

ultima espio
12-01-10, 17:24
I only recently threw out my toys too...i want them back:(

Flamedramon
Shurimon
Garurumon to Weregarurumon
Birdramon to Garudamon
Shiny Agumon to Wargreymon

I miss you:(

I have some small ones left, quite a lot of them too.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 17:25
awww.....
I still have mine for now :p

ultima espio
12-01-10, 17:26
I was considering buying them back again, but they are only in china and hong kong. On top of that, my parents would think i'm weird. Not like they dont already but you know:p

Alive_and_Funky
12-01-10, 17:43
I can't remember too many episodes, but I recall loving it when some of the bad guys caused havoc in Japan and the DigiDestined had to sort them out. :cool:

ultima espio
12-01-10, 17:47
lol I'm actually watching that part of season 1 now....Its Myotismon;):p