PDA

View Full Version : What Job SHould You Have??

shadow_fire
12-01-10, 08:49
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/careers/

Go here and checkout what sort of they reckon you should have :p

mines artistic, ivestigative and social... :D

Capt. Murphy
12-01-10, 08:52
Linky no worky. :pi:

Whatever it is it should be making, creating, designing stuff.

Edit: Artistic, Investigative, Social(?), and Enterprising.

Jack Croft
12-01-10, 08:52
Link broken.

shadow_fire
12-01-10, 08:54
Sorry try now :o

Jack Croft
12-01-10, 08:58
It worked it said Conventional so like working in an organisation like a Office job.

Dream_Raider
12-01-10, 11:05
Social, Artistic:D

Rai
12-01-10, 11:28
After taking that I feel quite versatile! :p

Investigative, Artistic, Social and Conventional

Punaxe
12-01-10, 11:44
Social and investigative "might suit my my interests and preferences". True: I'd like to work in projects (later on as project leader) in the field of psychology/research/engineering.

Encore
12-01-10, 14:44
Artistic, Conventional and Social.

Well, I supose that's ok because art jobs would be my "dream job" (unfortunately only that!), and I like conventional "office" jobs because they're a very easy way to earn my payment. ;)

Not so sure about social jobs, though I do like to help people, I don't see myself doing it as a profession.

Reggie
12-01-10, 15:09
Artistic
Your results suggest that Artistic type work might suit your interests and preferences.
Artistic types are interested in creativity and art, preferring freedom and independence to following rules and procedures. Self-expression is very important to Artistic types and they may prefer to work alone. Typical roles for Artistic types include artist, singer, designer, photographer, musician, writer and actor.

Enterprising
Your results suggest that Enterprising type work might suit your interests and preferences.
Enterprising types like persuading and influencing people as well as controlling, managing and selling to them. They like to take a lead and are often quite motivated and ambitious but may be impatient and can find rules and detail frustrating. They tend to favour roles such as salesperson, manager, estate agent, supervisor, lawyer, advertising or marketing executive and often like positions that have status and prestige.

Journalist seems to slide nicely between both those types. :)

john_york
12-01-10, 15:11
Artistic

Your results suggest that Artistic type work might suit your interests and preferences.

Artistic types are interested in creativity and art, preferring freedom and independence to following rules and procedures. Self-expression is very important to Artistic types and they may prefer to work alone. Typical roles for Artistic types include artist, singer, designer, photographer, musician, writer and actor.
Enterprising

Your results suggest that Enterprising type work might suit your interests and preferences.

Enterprising types like persuading and influencing people as well as controlling, managing and selling to them. They like to take a lead and are often quite motivated and ambitious but may be impatient and can find rules and detail frustrating. They tend to favour roles such as salesperson, manager, estate agent, supervisor, lawyer, advertising or marketing executive and often like positions that have status and prestige.
Social

Your results suggest that Social type work might suit your interests and preferences.

Social types like roles that focus on helping, teaching or supporting others and very much prefer working with people to working with things or ideas. They tend to prefer working in teams and like to feel they are doing something useful. Typical roles for social types include teacher, counsellor, nurse, minister of religion, clinical psychologist or police officer.

Considering my job is a mish-mash of marketing, design and teaching, I'd say I'm in the perfect job! :tmb:

disneyprincess20
12-01-10, 15:16
Queen of the Universe.

Oh, you mean the test?

Investigative
Realistic
Social

Ada the Mental
12-01-10, 15:24
I got Investigative, Artistic and Realistic.
I would absolutely hate a "social" job, I don't really enjoy working with others.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:31
heres mine:

* realistic
* conventional
*social
*enterprising
*artistic
*investigate

hmmmmm - i agree with the artistic

x

MiCkiZ88
12-01-10, 15:33
Conventional

Your results suggest that Conventional type work might suit your interests and preferences.

Conventional types are happy to work within systems and large organisations and tend to focus on accuracy and efficiency, preferring to know what is expected of them. They tend to like things to be organised and predictable and are often involved in roles that involve recording, sorting, documenting and organising. Typical roles for Conventional types include the range of administrative and clerical roles (e.g. in the government and financial sectors) as well as accountancy, banking, bookkeeping, secretarial work and some inspecting roles.
Social

Your results suggest that Social type work might suit your interests and preferences.

Social types like roles that focus on helping, teaching or supporting others and very much prefer working with people to working with things or ideas. They tend to prefer working in teams and like to feel they are doing something useful. Typical roles for social types include teacher, counsellor, nurse, minister of religion, clinical psychologist or police officer.
Enterprising

Your results suggest that Enterprising type work is less likely to suit your interests.

This brief questionnaire can't tell you exactly what you should do. It only suggests work areas to think about that may match the way you like to work but it can't tell you whether you have the skills and qualifications for these jobs.

To take things further you should consult your local careers service or your local library. Use the right-hand navigation bars at the top of this page to find links to other careers sites.

Not very surprising.

Punaxe
12-01-10, 15:34
heres mine:

* realistic
* conventional
*social
*enterprising
*artistic
*investigate

hmmmmm - i agree with the artistic

x

I think you forgot to properly read the results... Those six are mentioned as all possible outcomes. Your actual scores are down below.

Unless of course you do really seem to like every possible job in the world. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:38
I think you forgot to properly read the results... Those six are mentioned as all possible outcomes. Your actual scores are down below.

Unless of course you do really seem to like every possible job in the world. :p

i can't seem to see any other results :confused:

EDIT: it's rated artistic and investigate highest - which is good because i either want to be a animal cop investigator or doing something arty.
The rest were lower rated.

asherz
12-01-10, 15:45
I got bored half way through the test

Spong
12-01-10, 15:52
Might suit: Artistic & Realistic

Apparently.

So did I. I stopped reading the questions.

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 15:59

I got bored before I even clicked the link :p

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 16:03
Social

Investigative

Your results suggest that Investigative type work might suit your interests and preferences.

Investigative types prefer thinking to action, they like working with information and may prefer working with ideas rather than with people. They tend to like jobs in which they can research, analyse and solve problems (or come up with new problems!) and prefer using their brains to their interpersonal skills. Typical roles that suit Investigative types are scientist, engineer, laboratory worker, computer programmer, pharmacist and vet.
Artistic

Your results suggest that Artistic type work is less likely to suit your interests.

Realistic

Your results suggest that Realistic type work is less likely to suit your interests.

Realistic types generally prefer action to words, they like physical activity and may prefer working with things to working with people. They tend to favour jobs where they can work with their hands or produce things, and often like outdoor work. Typical roles that suit Realistic types are gardener, mechanic, driver, electrician, farmer, sportsperson, skilled trades, labourers and some engineering and military roles.
Enterprising

Your results suggest that Enterprising type work is less likely to suit your interests.

Enterprising types like persuading and influencing people as well as controlling, managing and selling to them. They like to take a lead and are often quite motivated and ambitious but may be impatient and can find rules and detail frustrating. They tend to favour roles such as salesperson, manager, estate agent, supervisor, lawyer, advertising or marketing executive and often like positions that have status and prestige

Mine :p
Seems pretty accurate to me, especially the investigative one...

Quasimodo
12-01-10, 16:05
Artistic, social. Not surprising.

TTV
12-01-10, 16:06
Realistic
Conventional
Social
Enterprising
Artistic
Investigative

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 16:07
Realistic
Conventional
Social
Enterprising
Artistic
Investigative

Look below that on the page...
Unless you are all of them :p

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 17:12
Look below that on the page...
Unless you are all of them :p

i was all of them :p

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 17:15
i was all of them :p
:p

My one (look above) is actually quite true.
I do prefer words to actions :p