PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cowell quits American Idol

TR FAN 18
12-01-10, 12:14
American Idol judge Simon Cowell has confirmed he will leave the programme at the end of this season as he takes British show The X Factor to Fox TV.

Cowell, whose contract ends following the show's ninth run, said he was offered a lot of money to stay.

"But that wasn't the reason behind it. I wanted to do something different. I wanted a new challenge," he said.

It has been reported that Cowell stands to make more money with the X Factor than if he stays on American Idol.

Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453267.stm)

So, now you want to bring X Factor over to the US?! The UK got enough X Factor #1s in the Top 40. I hope the same doesn't happen in the US.

ShadyCroft
12-01-10, 12:18
American Idol judge Simon Cowell has confirmed he will leave the programme at the end of this season as he takes British show The X Factor to Fox TV.

Cause that's exactly what we need more of.

*sigh*

LightningRider
12-01-10, 12:19
Lolwut? X Factor? I mean, it's okay, but he left AI for that? :hea:

tonyme
12-01-10, 12:20
But... Huh?? WTF?!?! what???? Excuse me?!!

:yik:

Dennis's Mom
12-01-10, 12:45
*shrugs* I like Idol, but it's probably run its course.

Jedd Fletcher
12-01-10, 13:07
He shouldn't have left Idol. He's a defining factor on that show and so many more people will watch it compared to X Factor anyway. He's the original nasty Brit judge and should continue to play that role.

trXD
12-01-10, 13:10
X factor and American idol are practically the same thing but in different countries, chances are Americans don't want to start watching another version of something they have grown so fond of.

voltz
12-01-10, 14:32
Simon leaving is about the only good thing I've ever see him do. Now we just need to work on getting him "off" airtime.

Legend of Lara
12-01-10, 15:18
THAT'S TARGIC!
American Idol has gotten rather stale. So has Simon's gimmick of being a jerkass.
The X Factor was never good. Ever.

Quasimodo
12-01-10, 15:25
*shrugs* I like Idol, but it's probably run its course.

Now I sorta resent Idol because FOX pushed Glee back to make way for the Idol time slot :-/

Idol's future is looking pretty grim, isn't it? They need to find a properly crabby replacement, ASAP :p

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 15:36
What is the point? Are they going to run American Idol and the X Factror in the US at the same time?

Keir_Eidos
12-01-10, 15:40
It'll be interesting to see how well judged this is by Simon Cowell. Looking at his track record, just with a few little changes I wouldn't be surprised to see another monster success on the horizon.

Lara Fan 4Life
12-01-10, 15:51
As far as I know, X-Factor has a big fan base in America, watching the contest on Youtube, and sure Leona Lewis is huge in America, so I do see the show as being sucess there!

knightgames
12-01-10, 16:36
Who?

robm_2007
12-01-10, 16:39
i always thought that Dolly Parton should be a good (non-guest) judge on AI. im not a fan, but shes famous enough for ppl to recognize, but not so famous or busy as she used to be (NMK), to not be able to go on the show, to make this her living. just as long as the shows arent during her plastic surgery appointments and recovery weeks. lol.

Jedd Fletcher
12-01-10, 23:59
The gang of Ellen DeGeneres, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson seem too happy. We need the nasty guy, and nobody can replace Simon and his own brand of nastiness.

Tombraiderx08
13-01-10, 00:23
Good riddance, meanie. Being rude to, many untalented people (and some good people too) is HARDLY challenging, but whatevz. Hope he finds what he's looking for though.

EmeraldFields
13-01-10, 00:31
Simon is trying to bring Paula with him to the US X Factor. They should have Kylie as a third judge. It could help her get her career going in the US.

SamReeves
13-01-10, 00:39
Who?

:D

voltz
13-01-10, 01:17
Is Paula still binge drinking and getting high like usual?

AmericanAssassin
13-01-10, 02:25
Good riddance, meanie. Being rude to, many untalented people (and some good people too) is HARDLY challenging, but whatevz. Hope he finds what he's looking for though.

Don't be hating on the brutally honest people. I happen to fit into that category. :p

Paddy
13-01-10, 02:27
Don't be hating on the brutally honest people. I happen to fit into that category. :p

I hate Idol but Simon Cowell being brutally honest is what that show needed.
Cant lie and say someones done well or is good if theyre not.

robm_2007
13-01-10, 15:01
Is Paula still binge drinking and getting high like usual?

i thought that she only "drank". what does she supposedly get high off of?

Melonie Tomb Raider
13-01-10, 15:06
After Paula left and was replaced with Ellen, someone who I can't imagine would know anything about music, I lost hope in the show. Sure, Paula was a pushover, but at least she had some music experience.

I can't really blame Simon for quitting.

Capt. Murphy
13-01-10, 15:19

It's in Proverbs..... a fool despises correction. :pi:

:D

remote91
13-01-10, 15:21
I saw an interview with him saying he wanted to move on from American Idol and do something completely different.

Erm.. what a massive change, Simon :\

Weemanply109
13-01-10, 17:42
Source: BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8453267.stm)

So, now you want to bring X Factor over to the US?! The UK got enough X Factor #1s in the Top 40. I hope the same doesn't happen in the US.

This is really old news, X Factor USA was announced a while back just after X Factor 2009 started.

No offence to americans, I've watched American Idol since its also on UK tv and its rubbish.

X Factor is soo much better and X Factor in the USA will be no doubt a success! :D

True reason behind this is because Simon Cowell stated that he wants to find an "American Version" of Susan Boyle. :)

Anyway, no Doubt that American Idol will be gone soon. :) I'm glad.

AmericanAssassin
13-01-10, 18:36
Psh. American Idol brought Kelly Clarkson into my life. For that reason alone, I will always love it. She's the best singer out there if you ask me. ;)

Weemanply109
13-01-10, 22:31
Psh. American Idol brought Kelly Clarkson into my life. For that reason alone, I will always love it. She's the best singer out there if you ask me. ;)

Britney Kicks her ass! :p Britney is one of the most successful female artists of all time, unlike Kelly Clarkson. ;)

AmericanAssassin
13-01-10, 23:18
Britney Kicks her ass! :p Britney is one of the most successful female artists of all time, unlike Kelly Clarkson. ;)

Britney is a good performer. Her voice isn't pretty whatsoever. Kelly has more talent voice-wise. Also, Kelly Clarkson is very successful...

robm_2007
14-01-10, 20:57
i think that they both have good voices, but i dont like BS music at all. i like KC, but BS is waaaaayy more successful (or at least, she used to be)

AmericanAssassin
14-01-10, 23:10
I figure a new thread is unnecessary. Did anybody hear Pants on the Ground last night? It was genius! :vlol:

nvCQsVcHN7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCQsVcHN7c :p

scion05
14-01-10, 23:34
Simon can shove off, he's been boring for years :p

Paula Abdul was where it was at!

http://www.abinesh.com/delirium/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/paula_abdul.jpg

Dustie
15-01-10, 21:50
I figure a new thread is unnecessary. Did anybody hear Pants on the Ground last night? It was genius! :vlol:

nvCQsVcHN7c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCQsVcHN7c :p

Just read about it on yahoo, it's apparently becoming the new sensation.

And it's actually quite catchy, lol... "Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground~~" :p