PDA

View Full Version : Something my friends did

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:26
Ok, so i went to one of my friends house today. All my friends except 1 were there. Theyd captured a spider and a snail in a tank. "Cool", i thought, because pet insects/snails would be awesome.

One of my friends called me over to look. I went over, and he grabbed the snail and started to rip its eyes off :( If this was a movie, i would have probabaly strangled him to death right there, but since it was real life i decided to run away crying. Later one of my friends told me "how funny" it was when they set the spider on fire, and how i "should have seen it".

:(

LightningRider
12-01-10, 14:28
Oh for the love of God's sake, report them, it's cruelty, they should have common sense enough to do that. It's horrible, horrible. :hea:

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:29
Oh for the love of God's sake, report them, it's cruelty, they should have common sense enough to do that. It's horrible, horrible. :hea:

I would report them, but i don't think it counts for animal cruelty if its on an insect. :(

voltz
12-01-10, 14:29
Disappointing. I was expecting something out of Spider vs Snail death match or something.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 14:30
:(

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:30
Disappointing. I was expecting something out of Spider vs Snail death match or something.

I'm sure you wouldnt have been dissapointed, as my friend informs me that "the spider ran round and it was :cen:ing funny" :whi:

LightningRider
12-01-10, 14:32
I would report them, but i don't think it counts for animal cruelty if its on an insect. :(

Parents, your parents, anything, as of right now, they need to learn that lesson.

Let's see how they feel when they dissect a frog...

o.o

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:34
Parents, your parents, anything, as of right now, they need to learn that lesson.

Let's see how they feel when they dissect a frog...

o.o

We dissected a lamb when we were in school. I think i started crying and they started laughing and got up close to the lamb.

I just realised i hate my friends.

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 14:35
Oh for the love of God's sake, report them, it's cruelty, they should have common sense enough to do that. It's horrible, horrible. :hea:What, for torturing an insect? While I certainly don't agree with it (what's the point?) I wouldn't put it in the same league as abusing a cat or a dog.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-01-10, 14:35
Insects are not adverse to doing much more heinous things to each other. I'm not saying it's right to do what they did, but it's not like the Snails life was set to be a happy little fairy tale.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:36
but it's not like the Snails life was set to be a happy little story.

Oh, that makes it alright i suppose. :rolleyes:

XBOXCroft
12-01-10, 14:37
^ Your not alone. I hated my friend who is now my enemy. 8)

Anyway, That's bad for me. I would say condolence to the snail's family. -_-

Azerutan
12-01-10, 14:38
You sure cry quite a lot :confused:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
Oh, that makes it alright i suppose. :rolleyes:

I like how you left out the first half of my sentence... You know, the part where I said "I'm not saying it's right to do what they did".

Joely-Moley
What, for torturing an insect? While I certainly don't agree with it (what's the point?) I wouldn't put it in the same league as abusing a cat or a dog.

I agree with this.

Your friends sound pretty strange.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:39
You sure cry quite a lot :confused:
Yeah :p
I like how you left out the first half of my sentence... You know, the part where I said "I'm not saying it's right to do what they did".
I know you said that, and im not trying to make out that you said it was ok to kill insects, but i dont see how it makes it any better because "the Snails life was set to be a happy little fairy tale"

Nemo_91
12-01-10, 14:39
I'm sure you wouldnt have been dissapointed, as my friend informs me that "the spider ran round and it was :cen:ing funny" :whi:

God, what is so funny about a spider that running around? :confused:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-01-10, 14:40
Yeah :p

I know you said that, and im not trying to make out that you said it was ok to do that, but i dont see how it makes it any better that "the Snails life was set to be a happy little fairy tale. "

You need to watch more nature shows.

T-Sex
God, what is so funny about a spider that running around? :confused:

Nothing, its horrible. Unless youre my friends in which case its really hilarious.

irjudd
What? Who hasn't set bugs on fire or put salt on slugs or fried worms with a magnifying glass or crunched beetles? :confused:

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:41
You need to watch more nature shows.

Uh, ok? Something was gonna kill the snail anyway? That doesnt make it good that the snail died unnessecarily. At least if it had died in nature or whatever, something would have eaten it.

LightningRider
Yeah yeah, but c'mon, you don't care for something? I mean, you get it to kill it? Not a single thing helpful about that. :p

Mad Tony
Am I the only one here who's indifferent to insects? I don't go around hunting them, but it's not like I care if I accidentally step on one. I deliberately kill flies when the summer comes round but that's only if they come into the room. When I let them out they always come back in through the back door <.<

Ikas90
12-01-10, 14:42
Don't be their friends anymore.

Their actions determine what kind of sick people they are. Don't hang around them. They are a bad influence. You are much better than them; you have a heart, and you deserve better friends.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:43
Am I the only one here who's indifferent to insects?

Probabaly not, but i care about them :pi:

Crisl
12-01-10, 14:47
What? Who hasn't set bugs on fire or put salt on slugs or fried worms with a magnifying glass or crunched beetles? :confused:

Umm...me? :whi:

T-Sex
12-01-10, 14:47
Don't be their friends anymore.

Their actions determine what kind of sick people they are. Don't hang around them. They are a bad influence. You are much better than them; you have a heart, and you deserve better friends.

Umm...me? :whi:

Me too.

interstellardave
12-01-10, 14:48
There's an inherent difference between swatting flies in your house and pulling eyes off of snails--or setting a spider on fire--then bragging and laughing about it. Anyone who can't see the difference kind of scares me. It's really not even about the end result for the insect, because it's the same either way, it's the mind-set of those doing these things that is scary.

I would bet money that (for at least one, maybe more of those kids) it's insects today and then cats and dogs later. Possibly even people after that.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-01-10, 14:49
Uh, ok? Something was gonna kill the snail anyway? That doesnt make it good that the snail died unnessecarily. At least if it had died in nature or whatever, something would have eaten it.

Have fun:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/516205/brutal_insect_fight/

LightningRider
12-01-10, 14:51
But, laughing about it! I mean, have people no heart?

john_york
12-01-10, 14:51
Firstly, to be picky, neither the snail nor the spider are/were insects. Snails are molluscs and spiders are arachnids. Both are invertebrates but neither are insects.

Secondly, the behaviour described in the OP is abhorrent. Purposefully causing harm to another creature for no other reason than entertainment is wrong. Full stop. It is not the same as swatting a fly or killing a creature for a source of food.

Many people keep spiders and snails as pets - I think most of those people would be rather upset to say the least if someone wandered into their home and treated said pets in this manner.

I'm actually shocked at the number of people who seem to be condoning this.

remote91
12-01-10, 14:52
Guilty as charged.

Years ago when I was like 10 I set fire to a slug with a lighter.

Killing insects or whatever you want to call them isn't a big deal amongst kids at all, especially little boys, you're just being a bit over the top.

Dennis's Mom
12-01-10, 14:53

There's certainly an age where this happens. I remember using a magnifying glass to burn ants and catching grasshoppers to throw into spiders' webs. It didn't last until double digits though (age wise.)

There's an inherent difference between swatting flies in your house and pulling eyes off of snails--or setting a spider on fire--then bragging and laughing about it. Anyone who can't see the difference kind of scares me. It's really not even about the end result for the insect, because it's the same either way, it's the mind-set of those doing these things that is scary.

I would bet money that (for at least one, maybe more of those kids) it's insects today and then cats and dogs later. Possibly even people after that.

This is my concern as well. It's not the killing--we probably kill a lot more insects than we're aware of simply by walking on grass, but the intent to cause suffering and enjoy it.

Death is unavoidable. It comes to us all, but enjoying someone/thing else's pain is sick.

Quasimodo
12-01-10, 15:08
This is one of those topics of little significance (stop the presses! little boys pulling wings off flies!), but it's going to get as fiery of a discussion as...well, genocide or something.

interstellardave
12-01-10, 15:11
If the topic creator is 20, as his/her profile states, then these aren't little kids.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 15:12
I'm actually shocked at the number of people who seem to be condoning this.

Same here.

Killing insects or whatever you want to call them isn't a big deal amongst kids at all, especially little boys, you're just being a bit over the top.

It was a big deal with me when i was a kid and its still a big deal now

Jo269976
12-01-10, 15:12
Ew, he actually touched a snail?

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:15
you know what? i actually love snails - i stare at the floor obsessively so i dont squish one. so i look weird.... i dont really care

just because spiders look a bit scary sometimes, doesnt mean they deserve death.

This is disgusting T-sex - report them. I don't really know what you could say, maybe that you think they'd harm other animals.

I actually wish I hadn't opening this thread as I'm crying.

R.I.P little snaily and spider.

I used to keep snails because they're cute! poor little things

remote91
12-01-10, 15:18
you know what? i actually love snails - i stare at the floor obsessively so i dont squish one. so i look weird.... i dont really care

just because spiders look a bit scary sometimes, doesnt mean they deserve death.

This is disgusting T-sex - report them. I don't really know what you could say, maybe that you think they'd harm other animals.

I actually wish I hadn't opening this thread as I'm crying.

R.I.P little snaily and spider.

I used to keep snails because they're cute! poor little things
Oh sweet Jesus..

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:19
Oh sweet Jesus..

excuse me? so I care too much for all creatures great and small, it's not my fault I have a big heart.

Over-sensitive - maybe. These stupid idiots need to be stopped.

irjudd
12-01-10, 15:21
This is one of those topics of little significance (stop the presses! little boys pulling wings off flies!), but it's going to get as fiery of a discussion as...well, genocide or something.

You love it.

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 15:22
This is one of those topics of little significance (stop the presses! little boys pulling wings off flies!), but it's going to get as fiery of a discussion as...well, genocide or something.Only on TRF...

remote91
12-01-10, 15:22
excuse me? so I care too much for all creatures great and small, it's not my fault I have a big heart.

Over-sensitive - maybe. These stupid idiots need to be stopped.
You're crying about a spider and snail that died :rolleyes:

God help you when someone you know kicks the bucket

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:24
You're crying about a spider and snail that died :rolleyes:

God help you when someone you know dies.

family i know have died - yes it's hard to cope with at least i care. I've been brought up to love all creatures and respect them. Forgive me if they're in my thoughts

Lara Fan 4Life
12-01-10, 15:26
I'd say someting if it was a cat or dog or any other animal for that matter, but it's insects! I mean, how many are killed each day by any normal person , e.g a person seeing a spider in their room, instand instinct to kill it! Them people really have no lives if all they have to do is torture insects, especially if they're not little kids like Remote91 said, but it isn't that big of a deal people are making it out to be!

Legend of Lara
12-01-10, 15:26

I... haven't... :pi:

Well, they're obviously little sadists. They'll probably be going "Wouldn't it be funny if we tortured this girl to death?" in a few years.

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 15:27
OP, don't buy Paramore's latest album (http://www.dlhusky.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Brand-New-Eyes-paramore-6866084-600-600.jpg).

interstellardave
12-01-10, 15:27
Cruelty is cruelty no matter how big or small the act. And smaller acts of cruelty lead to bigger ones. The mind set of allowing aberrent behavior to continue and turning a blind eye towards acts of violence and cruelty eventually creates a society capable of ignoring/promoting genocide (to the point brought up earlier)

Do you think it happens out of the blue? And overnight?

Well, they're obviously little sadists. They'll probably be going "Wouldn't it be funny if we tortured this girl to death?" in a few years.

And people on this forum will be saying "why didn't someone see this coming?"

remote91
12-01-10, 15:30
op, don't buy paramore's latest album (http://awmusic.ca/1/photos//hlic/3e549079fb30077002a1ceaa235eca8a.jpg).
omfg

Minty Mouth
12-01-10, 15:32
omfg

Fix'd

Nemo_91
12-01-10, 15:33
OP, don't buy Paramore's latest album (http://www.dlhusky.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Brand-New-Eyes-paramore-6866084-600-600.jpg).

lmao.

TRhalloween
12-01-10, 15:41
I don't understand how people can be so remorseless and disgusting. I know people are like "It's just a snail and a spider" but how exactly can this be seen as non-disturbing? It's using pain as entertainment and humour.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:42
I don't understand how people can be so remorseless and disgusting. I know people are like "It's just a snail and a spider" but how exactly can this be seen as non-disturbing? It's using pain as entertainment and humour.

i know iv only seen a few people who agree! its disgusting! poor little things

T-Sex
12-01-10, 15:43

Lol me too, once when i was about 5 years old i accidentally stepped on a snail and got really upset by it, so i buried it and made it a little grave stone and put it in the same grave as my pets :)

Also i agree with TRHalloween :)

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:45
Lol me too, once when i was about 5 years old i accidentally stepped on a snail and got really upset by it, so i buried it and made it a little grave stone and put it in the same grave as my pets :)

omg same and i tried to blu-tack it's shell up XD

no really this is terrible! x

remote91
12-01-10, 15:49
Personally I've always enjoyed the sound of a snail's shell under my shoe..

just kidding y'all

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 15:54

just kidding y'all

why bother posting that?

EDIT: just seen the white text :p sorry im really radgey because of something that's happened family-wise

Lara Fan 4Life
12-01-10, 15:55

just kidding y'all

http://i42.************/zsn1tu.gif

:p

remote91
12-01-10, 15:56
Not going to lie though..the crunching sound is oddly satisfying.

Like popping bubblewrap or something

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 15:57

An insect is an animal...

corey01
12-01-10, 15:57
LMAO.

Ok its not a very nice thing to do. But do you really have to cry about it on a forum?

T-Sex
12-01-10, 15:58
LMAO.

Ok its not a very nice thing to do. But do you really have to cry about it on a forum?

Yeah i do.

interstellardave
12-01-10, 15:59
Yeah i do.

May I ask how old these people are, just for clarification?

T-Sex
12-01-10, 16:01
May I ask how old these people are, just for clarification?

Youngest is 19, rest are 20.

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 16:02
Yeah i do.

me also. honestly t-sex i share your pain

T-Sex
12-01-10, 16:02
me also. honestly t-sex i share your pain

interstellardave
12-01-10, 16:03
Youngest is 19, rest are 20.

That settles it, folks... not thoughtless 10 year olds, here. I'd steer clear of them if I were you... and I'm not in any way kidding.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 16:05
That settles it, folks... not thoughtless 10 year olds, here. I'd steer clear of them if I were you... and I'm not in any way kidding.

I will do, after seeing them pointlessly kill a snail and then being told that they killed a spider I dont really need to be told to stay away from them :p

Lara Fan 4Life
12-01-10, 16:06
I guess they find it as entertainment for themselves! Would have guessed 10 or 11 when I heard the post, but they're young adults! :pi:

knightgames
12-01-10, 16:24
So you did nothing? You didn't defend the life of the snail and spider? You let your friends torture and kill innocent insects and invertibrates?

While I don't condone their actions in the least I have to ask - how do they treat other animals? Do they go around beating, abusing, neglecting them? Is this behaviour part of the norm? Are they social misfits expressing frustrations?

If this is a one time thing, verbally b!tch slap them and move on. If this is a developing pattern then intervention may be needed in which case the animals really aren't that important compared to what's going on in their heads.

Reporting them to authorities for such a small infraction could have unintended consequences you may not see right now. Do you really want to give someone a permanant record that may affect their ability to get a job.... loan... etc etc. Things can spiral out of control sometimes and this is hardly anything to create such a predicament.

That's why I mentioned their behaviour.

robm_2007
12-01-10, 16:27
when i was about 10 or so, i used to catch flies, tear off their wings, and put them in a spider web, and watch the spider eat them. sometimes i would leave their wings on, to give them a fighting chance.

the last time that i did it (i was about 13), i left the fly's wings on, and put it in the web. then, for some reaason, i felt sorry for the fly; i let it free, and i killed the spider instead.

to be 19 or 20 and doing these things is rather sad, maybe if you are a kid, it seems better, because you are usually the most immature at that age.

da tomb raider!
12-01-10, 17:04
It's good to see that there are at least some people in this thread who know that doing such things to insects (or rather, molluscs and arachnids, but you get the picture) is just plain horrible. Killing an insect purely by accident is just about acceptable, but doing it for fun is absolutely disgusting, particularly when one is an adult. Insects are living things, too, and they hardly deserve to have their eyes ripped out or get set on fire because some people have nothing better to do. Of course, insects are killed naturally in the wild, but as others have pointed out, something killing something else for food is quite a bit different than killing something to laugh at. And if one is going to show such cruelty to insects, how the heck are they going to treat other animals, or even people? Indeed, I'd keep well away from those sad, sad people if I were you.

Human beings have the potential to be the greatest species on the planet. It's a shame a lot of people don't use that potential...

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 17:10
It's good to see that there are at least some people in this thread who know that doing such things to insects (or rather, molluscs and arachnids, but you get the picture) is just plain horrible. Killing an insect purely by accident is just about acceptable, but doing it for fun is absolutely disgusting, particularly when one is an adult. Insects are living things, too, and they hardly deserve to have their eyes ripped out or get set on fire because some people have nothing better to do. Of course, insects are killed naturally in the wild, but as others have pointed out, something killing something else for food is quite a bit different than killing something to laugh at. And if one is going to show such cruelty to insects, how the heck are they going to treat other animals, or even people? Indeed, I'd keep well away from those sad, sad people if I were you.

Human beings have the potential to be the greatest species on the planet. It's a shame a lot of people don't use that potential...

you're absolutely correct, but the thing is about humans... we abuse our power. Some humans feel the need to determine thier authority by harming things smaller than themselves - be it child or animal. It's due to our kind we no longer have the dodo or the noble tasmanian wolf.
We're rapidly loosing species of animals - and even ones we specify as pets are abused or left cold wandering the streets with an empty belly.
Human beings are loosing their respects for these creatures! We need to gain it back.

You know, last night my rat was ill. I thought he was dying. I stayed up all night until he looked ok before i retired to bed. Reading some of the responses in this thread has annoyed me - because people dont show the same respect.

It's a lesson we can all learn.

remote91
12-01-10, 17:10
Yeah right, I totally read everything you just said, BUT..

It was a snail and a spider.

interstellardave
12-01-10, 17:16

At what point is it important to you though? People like that do the same things to dogs and cats too. It happens shockingly often, actually.

Maybe these guys won't go farther, who knows? I do know they are sadistic at the very least, and that's not good.

da tomb raider!
12-01-10, 17:24
you're absolutely correct, but the thing is about humans... we abuse our power. Some humans feel the need to determine thier authority by harming things smaller than themselves - be it child or animal. It's due to our kind we no longer have the dodo or the noble tasmanian wolf.
We're rapidly loosing species of animals - and even ones we specify as pets are abused or left cold wandering the streets with an empty belly.
Human beings are loosing their respects for these creatures! We need to gain it back.

You know, last night my rat was ill. I thought he was dying. I stayed up all night until he looked ok before i retired to bed. Reading some of the responses in this thread has annoyed me - because people dont show the same respect.

It's a lesson we can all learn.

If people were as respectful to other creatures as you seem to be, perhaps this thread wouldn't be here now. Endangered or not, it'd be nice if some people showed a little more compassion towards other living things. Obviously, I'm not asking for everyone to not walk on the grass or something, but I certainly don't want to hear about people setting spiders on fire or some such. Completely unjustified and contemptuous, and neither traits are particularly appealing to me.

As I suggested in my last post, snails, spiders, or anything else, they're all living things, and I see no reason whatsoever why they should be killed like that. And if it's snails and spiders today, what might it be tomorrow?

tombofwinston
12-01-10, 17:25
Killing creature for fun is just disgusting, If I were you I'd sever all relationships with these awful people. Killing for fun is the most degrading and awful thing you can do.

miss.haggard
12-01-10, 17:26
I suggest you join PETA, so you can travel the world saving each and every insect you see.

remote91
12-01-10, 17:28
I suggest you join PETA, so you can travel the world saving each and every insect you see.
Oh snap son

xXhayleyroxXx
12-01-10, 17:35
If people were as respectful to other creatures as you seem to be, perhaps this thread wouldn't be here now. Endangered or not, it'd be nice if some people showed a little more compassion towards other living things. Obviously, I'm not asking for everyone to not walk on the grass or something, but I certainly don't want to hear about people setting spiders on fire or some such. Completely unjustified and contemptuous, and neither traits are particularly appealing to me.

you know, it's nice someone shares my views :hug: i agree with every word u said. xx

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 17:37
Reading some of the responses in this thread has annoyed me - because people dont show the same respect.Which posts are you referring to?

interstellardave
12-01-10, 17:42
Death is a part of life.
Killing is a part of life.
Callousness should not be a part of life... not when compassion is the better alternative.

"It's just an insect" covers it for some (although it's already been pointed out these aren't insects... and are actually animals).

There are plenty of people who, given different circumstances, also say "it's just a cat" or "it's just a dog". "It's not like it's a person". (That's happened already on this forum).

And then there are those who say "It's just a jew" or "it's just a nigger".

Is it really all a matter of individual perspective? No, I don't think so.

What we're talking about is not just killing. It is torture and killing... and deriving pleasure from it. As shocking as that is it's more shocking that so many people have such a hard time condemning it.

Cruelty is cruelty. Callousness is callousness. Sadism is sadism. The victims may change but the problem is the same.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 17:43

Exactly :(

James_Rutland
12-01-10, 17:45
May I ask of their age?

interstellardave
May I ask of their age?

I asked. They were 19 and 20.

lara c. fan
May I ask of their age?

19/20

It's been said :rolleyes:

:p

Marianna12
12-01-10, 17:47

Best post in this thread, I completely agree with you!:tmb:

Evan C.
12-01-10, 17:48
I am 20,so don't get offensive about ages,because stupidity doesn't discriminate.
But nature is wise,and probably he will pay for what he did.Death is part of life,but when you see this kind of **** you deserve to practice that theory.

Simochka
12-01-10, 17:52
I would report them.

Who knows what they will try on next time? Maybe something biggeR?
And who cares if it's a insect? Ripping someones eyes out or setting someone on fire is horrible no matter what it is

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-01-10, 17:52
I asked. They were 19 and 20.

That still amazes me... Is life so dismal that these dudes are resorting to things 10 year olds would normally do for fun? I guess flaming bags of dog poop is next.

James_Rutland
12-01-10, 17:53
That's pathetic. They have no life. :p I'm sorry.

miss.haggard
12-01-10, 17:54
That still amazes me... Is life so dismal that these dudes are resorting to things 10 year olds would normally do for fun? I guess flaming bags of dog poop is next.

Hey now! Lets not get hasty here! :mis:

Mokono
12-01-10, 17:57
lSJcl00Q57g

remote91
12-01-10, 18:04
lSJcl00Q57g
Lmao

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 18:07
I am 20,so don't get offensive about ages,because stupidity doesn't discriminate.
But nature is wise,and probably he will pay for what he did.Death is part of life,but when you see this kind of **** you deserve to practice that theory.Wait, are you saying watching someone torture an insect is a good reason to murder them?

remote91
12-01-10, 18:07
g9f-6jygRJk

tombraiderluka
12-01-10, 18:11
^ Indeed.

Chocola teapot
12-01-10, 18:12
g9f-6jygRJk

Daaaaaaaaaaaw, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW Awww! DAW! <3

*Cries with happyness* DAHAW! <3

knightgames
12-01-10, 18:15
It's cute untill you realize that tickling Lorises causes their bladders to become weak. Have you ever smelled Loris pee?

I do like it's expression. Hey you. Don't stop. (or is that: "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey yooooooooooooooooooooooooooou. dooooooooooooooooooooooon't stooooooooooooooooooooop.)

T-Sex
12-01-10, 18:16
LOL, 101 ways to kill a spider video is funny, but look at the comments:

"i cut off the legs, then I watch it suffer. and if it doesn't die quick enough, sha-wing pull of da knife "

If he isnt joking i want to batter him with a shovel :hea:

2kool4u
12-01-10, 18:25
tRQ8rhprIpk

I dont suppose youre part of that group that went ape **** over barack obama killing a fly on live t.v. Seriously, i took Environmental Studies and people are curious and do silly things. That's no reason to cry about it, no offense but thats just ridiculous. I've set fire to a spiderweb and put salt on a snail. Found out what it did and had my Lolz; now its boring.

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 18:40
tRQ8rhprIpk

I dont suppose youre part of that group that went ape **** over barack obama killing a fly on live t.v. Seriously, i took Environmental Studies and people are curious and do silly things. That's no reason to cry about it, no offense but thats just ridiculous. I've set fire to a spiderweb and put salt on a snail. Found out what it did and had my Lolz; now its boring.Now you posted that video watch how Obama goes from loved on this forum by most to hated by most.

Seriously. :p

egypt_gypsie
12-01-10, 19:27
I wouldn't have friends like that in the first place....

That is just a sign of a person lacking intelligence...

I hope that one day all the animals gang up on human beings and just pwn us all...

I don't however think that they are in the same league of stupidity as the dumbass that threw the dog over the bridge -_-

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 19:29
I hope that one day all the animals gang up on human beings and just pwn us all...Are you saying that in anger? This sentence just doesn't seem logical at all. You do realize that human beings also include yourself and the people you love, not just the people you hate?

Wont happen anyway. We could take them on.

What's with all the "I hate humans I wish we'd all die" attitude on these forums? I've seen it a dozen times.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 19:34
What's with all the "I hate humans I wish we'd all die" attitude on these forums? I've seen it a dozen times.

Because of stuff like what this thread is about.

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 19:36
Because of stuff like what this thread is about.So these people are obviously a bit messed up in the head. This means the entire human race should die why?

T-Sex
12-01-10, 19:38
So these people are obviously a bit messed up in the head. This means the entire human race should die why?

It doesnt, but more people than you seem to think enjoy hurting animals and stuff like that. Look at how many people attend bull fights in spain, or bear baiting in wherever they do that.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 19:40

I like to call it....

THE AVATAR EFFECT!

T-Sex
12-01-10, 19:42
I like to call it....

THE AVATAR EFFECT!

as in the movie? I was gonna go see that but my friend (who wasnt involved in the incident that spawned this thread) left to see it without me :mad:

Is it good?

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 19:44
as in the movie? I was gonna go see that but my friend (who wasnt involved in the incident that spawned this thread) left to see it without me :mad:

Is it good?

Yeah, its good, but some people become depressed as it reveals the human's flaws or something.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
12-01-10, 19:46
I've never considered bribing a moderator to close a thread. Until now... :ton:

jackles
12-01-10, 19:47
There is a difference between say killing something that is causing problems..such as slugs eating food and deliberately torturing something for kicks.

sick and pathetic.

Mad Tony
12-01-10, 19:49
It doesnt, but more people than you seem to think enjoy hurting animals and stuff like that. Look at how many people attend bull fights in spain, or bear baiting in wherever they do that.What's your point? This doesn't mean everyone is like that.

I like to call it....

THE AVATAR EFFECT!Nah, this forum has been anti-human for as long as I can remember. :p I can see why Avatar appeals to so many people here though given it's rather anti-human nature.

T-Sex
12-01-10, 19:51
What's your point? This doesn't mean everyone is like that.

I didnt say everyone was like that. I was saying that so many people are like that it makes the number of people who ARE like that seem quite massive.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 19:53
Nah, this forum has been anti-human for as long as I can remember. :p I can see why Avatar appeals to so many people here though given it's rather anti-human nature.

I guess I'm just a noob....

Phlip
12-01-10, 19:58
That's just ****ed up. :mad: :cen:

touchthesky
12-01-10, 20:03
A lot of people argue that insects don't have feelings.

I like to think they do.

So it's extremely messed up. And in my personal opinion, if they can do it to one living creature, they can do it to any. Especially judging by the fact you're on here you must be older than 13...past the age of "experimenting" with insects like little little kids do (pulling wings off flies etc).

Friends? Well, I certainly wouldn't want friends like that.

I used to RACE snails! :p

mau3genius
12-01-10, 20:11
You have weird friends.

Tony9595
12-01-10, 20:20
OMG hand them over to the snail police and the spider army :mad:
I'm sure they'll suffer the consequences there :ohn:

But still... :cln:

marla_biggs
12-01-10, 20:35
Whenever I kill spiders I always make sure it's quick and painless. Pulling them apart and setting them alight just seems cruel :(

TRfan23
12-01-10, 20:46
I used to torture insects on my plasma ball when I was younger, zapped them with electricity.
I used to shove crane flies into spider webs, the spiders would eat them.

Now it's plain boring, I have better things to do.

That 19 year old & those 20 year olds need a new life ;)

g9f-6jygRJk

I prefer this one :)

0Bmhjf0rKe8

ThatNorskChick
12-01-10, 20:46
The fact that they are adults torturing insects is unsettling. Sure, I did some horrible things to snails when I was a kid, but I'd never rip one apart now just to see wut happunz lulz!!11! I'd keep an eye on your "friends" if I were you.

Brikas94
12-01-10, 20:54
That's just... stupid... I mean, how old are they? 5?

Maybe someone should rip your friends' eyes out, to see if they like it...

Seriously, how low can someone get?

viper456
12-01-10, 21:22
Oh ffs. Does it really matter what they are killing? Yes it may be a couple of insects but the freaky part is that you have "19"/"20" year old killing a living thing for fun? WTF really? I would just tell them to go **** themselves...I wouldn't really want to be a part of that and I definitely wouldn't want to be associated with the "socially retarded bug killers".

It annoys me when people laugh at stuff like this or should I say at people who are sensitive to it. Oh and it really shouldn't matter if it was an insect they did this too or a dog or a cat or whatever. Like I said at the beginning its still a living thing that they are killing/torturing for fun; who does that really?

miss.haggard
12-01-10, 21:30
Really? REALLY? You all think because someone "enjoys" killing an insect that someday they are going to go on a killing rampage. Please. Sometimes the assumptions people make on this forum make me facepalm in real life.

I would understand your anger if this was happening to a cat, a dog, a horse. But there are a billion bugs, Im sure momma snail isnt sitting at home crying over "spawn #452" anyways.

viper456
12-01-10, 21:32
Really? REALLY? You all think because someone "enjoys" killing an insect that someday they are going to go on a killing rampage. Please. Sometimes the assumptions people make on this forum make me facepalm in real life.

I would understand your anger if this was happening to a cat, a dog, a horse. But there are a billion bugs, Im sure momma snail isnt sitting at home crying over "spawn #452" anyways.

Wouldn't say they are going to go on a killing rampage but I still find it ****ed up that they sit there at the age of about "20" torturing insects as a form of entertainment. Seriously weird. :S

miss.haggard
12-01-10, 21:34
Some people dont grow up like others. Its certaintly not a good reason to banish the whole human race, saying that animals should kill humans.

Paddy
12-01-10, 21:43
I kill spiders, because I hate the little ****s. Well the deadly ones anyway and if theyre in my house.

da tomb raider!
12-01-10, 22:22

I don't think that anyone's suggested that they'll be going on a killing rampage exactly, but the situation may well escalate. If one can kill an insect for giggles and get away with it, what makes you think that that person won't move on to something bigger? I'm no psychiatrist, but it seems perfectly possible to me. Probable, in fact. One doesn't need to go on a killing rampage to move on to dogs or some such.

So then, I guess it'd be alright if these young adults set fire to a stray cat - after all, there's a billion of them and it's momma isn't going to cry over it. It's the same principle, and one I understandly don't agree with.

Mona Sax
12-01-10, 22:29
I think it's pretty much insignificant if they grow up to be Jack the Ripper or not - the fact that they enjoy torturing another creature makes me question their sanity. Children are often cruel to animals out of ignorance and curiosity, but if you haven't grown out of that phase at age 20... :(

ThatNorskChick
12-01-10, 22:30
So then, I guess it'd be alright if these young adults set fire to a stray cat - after all, there's a billion of them and it's momma isn't going to cry over it. It's the same principle, and one I understandly don't agree with.

I actually knew some kids when I was in high school who did just that and sat there laughing about it. They didn't become psycho killers (as far as I know) so no, I'm not assuming that anyone who enjoys such thing will go on a killing spree but like you said, the potential is there. In any case I find it wrong.

Dennis's Mom
12-01-10, 22:58
Whenever I kill spiders I always make sure it's quick and painless. Pulling them apart and setting them alight just seems cruel :(

Just don't kill them. Put them outside. Or leave them alone. They don't do much.

Really? REALLY? You all think because someone "enjoys" killing an insect that someday they are going to go on a killing rampage. Please. Sometimes the assumptions people make on this forum make me facepalm in real life. .

Causing something pain for "fun" and "entertainment" is simply wrong. It doesn't matter if it has fur on it; it displays a callous lack of empathy for a living creature. As a parent, I'd be horrified if I found out they did something like that at age 20.

lara c. fan
12-01-10, 23:02
Just don't kill them. Put them outside. Or leave them alone. They don't do much.

Arachnophobia ;)

Uzi master
12-01-10, 23:14
(skips ten pages) okay, well killing things for fun is a sighn of a serial killer, but I guess for the average teenager you expect this stuff but people around here are a little less, shall I say, unruley? anyway I'm sorry you had to go through something like that, it's not always easy to find really good friends.

Also, I'm not saying killing insects is worng but purposley catching them and troturing them is, worst thing I'd do is squish a spider, and it is rather quik, Sometimes you have to do it too, like seeing a Black Widow.

2kool4u
12-01-10, 23:35
yes. Those kids growing up are going to turn into these two :rolleyes:

Gm9yDcQIIj8

Love2Raid
13-01-10, 00:01
I'm sorry but I really don't feel bad for bugs at all. :o
But I wouldn't just kill them for fun or anything, I just hate them.