PDA

View Full Version : Inception

Pages : [1] 2

Jedd Fletcher
13-01-10, 10:23
Is anyone excited for this yet? I sure am. Inception is a new sci-fi action thriller "set within the architecture of the mind", directed by "The Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan and starring Leonardo DiCaprio. I love the tagline, "Your Mind is the Scene of the Crime". So far not many details on the plot have been released, but it sure looks very intriguing. Have a look at the trailer:

RSyQ3K0xnYg

LightningRider
13-01-10, 10:52
Wow, it's actually a pretty original idea from Hollywood. Go them, I love both the people working on this. I can't wait. :tmb:

lara c. fan
13-01-10, 10:57
So.....
Does that mean everyone's experience is different?

That could get confusing....

Autolycus
13-01-10, 11:02
Most admit it does look intriguing, but the trailer ain't giving anything away.

Carbonek_0051
13-01-10, 11:04
It looks ok, I love Ellen Page. So I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.:)

Encore
13-01-10, 14:59
Absolutely, this movie is probably going to be fantastic if it's anywhere near the style of Nolan's other thriller, Memento. :tmb: He's one of the best directors out there and Leo is great so there's a lot to look forward to here.

Jedd Fletcher
14-01-10, 06:50
Also in this film besides Ellen Page and Leonardo DiCaprio are Batman Begins alums Ken Watanabe and Cillian Murphy.

Encore
14-01-10, 11:32
Ken Watanabe rocks!! :D

Nemo_91
14-01-10, 12:59
Also in this film besides Ellen Page and Leonardo DiCaprio are Batman Begins alums Ken Watanabe and Cillian Murphy.

And Marion Cotillard! :tmb:

Can't wait for this one.

TheBloodRed
14-01-10, 13:02
"Conception"

Watch the trailer and think of pregnancy. >:3

ajrich17901
14-01-10, 13:41
Eh..looks interesting enough I'll keep a lookout on it.

Jedd Fletcher
15-01-10, 06:43
"Conception"

Watch the trailer and think of pregnancy. >:3

A Juno reference. Clever :p

Jedd Fletcher
16-07-10, 04:27
The movie is out now, and I just saw it. Here is my review

Movie Review

INCEPTION

Starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard
Directed by: Christopher Nolan
Released by: Warner Bros Pictures

As many reviewers have noted, this summer movie season...well, it’s almost not deserving of being called a summer movie season at all. Sequels. Remakes. Reboots. Rehashes. Re-what-have-yous. Granted, they were not all bad, but neither were they all good. Along comes Christopher Nolan, saviour of the movie universe, with Inception.

The psychological action-thriller centres on Dom Cobb (DiCaprio), a skilled “extractor”. Cobb is a master of a specific kind of corporate espionage: he enters peoples’ minds while they are asleep to retrieve secrets from their dreams.

Cobb and his partner Arthur (Gordon-Levitt) are approached by the wealthy Saito (Ken Watanabe) to perform “inception”: planting an idea instead of stealing one. Their target is Robert Fischer Jr (Cillian Murphy), the son of a terminally-ill tycoon. Saito wants Fischer to disband his father’s empire.

However, Dom is a deeply troubled individual, and with valid reason: he is wanted for the supposed murder of his wife Mallorie (Cotillard), and visions of his wife manifest themselves in the dreams Dom enters. Being a fugitive, Dom is unable to return to their children.

Dom assembles a team to help perform the inception, consisting of Arthur, college graduate and “dream architect” Ariadne (Ellen Page), “forger” Eames (Tom Hardy) who impersonates others within a dream, Yusuf (Dileep Rao) the “chemist” who formulates the drugs needed to enter the dream state and Saito himself, as a “tourist” in the dream world.

And then things get (even more) complex.

In many ways, Inception, despite its mind-bending premise, is classic Christopher Nolan. Memento, Insomnia and the Prestige all display similar traits in that they enjoy playing with the audiences’ minds. However, Nolan is a director who learns, and after gaining the experience of the big-budget Batman films, is able to translate his ideas into mind-blowing spectacle.

Inception exemplifies the thinking man’s blockbuster, and it is very rare that filmmakers of tentpole summer fare treat their audiences like geniuses. After scores of films that are so painfully dumbed-down, it doesn’t hurt to watch a brain cell-jolting flick like this one once in a while.

Inception operates on its visuals: the notion that anything is possible within the world of the dream allowed production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas to go wild. The film includes such scenes as an entire city folding in on itself, a freight train running through a city, an assault on a fortress that wouldn’t be out of place in a Bond movie and a desolate, abandoned dream city filled with crumbling buildings. One of the many great sequences in the film is a zero-gravity fight scene performed by Gordon-Levitt along the corridors of a hotel. Even for audiences jaded by the proliferation of “wire-fu” since the Matrix films, it’s exciting.

Inception’s greatest asset however is arguably its emotional core that functions like a rope guiding the viewer through the labyrinth of story. Leonardo DiCaprio has carved a career out of playing emotionally-complex characters, Cobb indeed brings to mind DiCaprio’s recent performance in Shutter Island. Cotillard is also commendable in that it’s never easy to play a character who exists only as a figment of another character’s imagination, and Cotillard does this hauntingly well.

The rest of the cast, too, is an iron-clad ensemble. There is literally not one weak link, everybody is perfectly cast. Gordon-Levitt especially seems to be emerging as a bona fide movie star, after making a name for himself in smaller character films. Watanabe manages to be dignified yet possess a misleading sinister streak as the employer and money man.

Tom Hardy is a hoot as the comic relief who is actually really useful. My favourite however (it could be just that I’m a 17-year-old male) is the lovely Ellen Page, who has no problems portraying the youngest yet deepest character in the film. My only complaint with regards to the cast is that Michael Caine, as Cobb’s mentor and father-in-law, is woefully underused.

If you’re tired of being insulted by blockbusters that throw money at the screen and hope it sticks, then treat yourself to one of the best cinematic uses of money ever. There’s no shortage of spectacle or intelligence in what I can safely say the best movie of the year. And it’s only July! Or is it...

RATING: 4.5/5 STARS

Jedd Jong

Mikky
16-07-10, 04:36
It does look like an interesting movie. I wouldn't mind seeing it. :)

Tommy123
16-07-10, 04:41
very excited to see it! Me and some friends are hopefully going

Alpharaider47
16-07-10, 04:42
I might go see this, it looks interesting.

CiaKonwerski
16-07-10, 05:55
It looks really interesting. I might see this.

MangelinaJolie
16-07-10, 05:57
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Cillian Murphy! Too much hotness for one movie, I think.

Going to see this ASAP.

just*raidin*tomb
16-07-10, 06:42
It looks amazing! I've been REALLY looking forward to this! That whole idea of dreams vs. reality...I love THAT about it! I hope it's as good as it looks. :)

Legend of Lara
16-07-10, 08:59
I saw the posters when going to see Toy Story 3 and they looked really cool and interesting. So... this might be the first movie I go to see based on the posters alone. :p

Reckless Lara
16-07-10, 09:38
I saw the trailer a long time ago and I think I'm going to watch it :)

igonge
16-07-10, 10:37
I'm going to see it on Wednesday :)

*laralover*
16-07-10, 11:21
Seems good ill see it eventually :)

miss.haggard
16-07-10, 14:01
I might go see this, it looks interesting.

It looks really interesting. I might see this.

Interesting. Might see it.

Encore
16-07-10, 14:10
^ lol, oh the eloquence! :D

I saw the posters when going to see Toy Story 3 and they looked really cool and interesting. So... this might be the first movie I go to see based on the posters alone. :p

That's true, there's this gigantic poster of the film hanging on the front of a building here in Lisbon (covering the whole front) and it's absolutely EPIC.

Lemmie
16-07-10, 14:31
I'm seeing this on Monday. I don't know much about it, but it looks interesting. :)

Aranara
16-07-10, 14:36
Christopher Nolan! :yah: I've been waiting for this movie for a while. :whi:

My parents booked tickets for the premiere here, but it's on the 30th of July. :(

Ada the Mental
16-07-10, 16:31
Interesting. I might see it. :p

EDIT: Actually, I badly want to see it and I just found out it won't be here until late August. I hate summer.

miss.haggard
16-07-10, 16:33
:rolleyes: :p We're seeing it saturday night.

jackles
16-07-10, 17:02
Tom Hardy is in it! I love Tom Hardy with a vengeance......and have been waiting for the damn film to be released. :jmp:

Alpharaider47
16-07-10, 17:03
Interesting. Might see it.

:vlol: he forgot "go" though :D

M.A.
16-07-10, 19:00
Just went back from the movie. Here's my micro review:

A-W-E-S-O-M-E mind-**** movie. Finally! An action movie where you don't need to leave your brain outside of the theater. You will need it greatly for this movie. Damn, my mind is still reeling.

The second the movie ends, this three sounds are distinctively heard:

1. "What the ****?!"
2. "Nooo!!!"
3. *Applaud*

Seriously, go watch. DO NOT miss it!!!

:)

trlestew
16-07-10, 19:22
I saw Shutter Island, so I'll go see this :p

Something tells me I'll like it and spend hours trying to figure out what the heck was going on hours after the movie ends.

M.A.
17-07-10, 01:51
Oh yeah, forgot to add. If you want a movie that will make you question your sanity and reality, watch this movie. :D

EmeraldFields
17-07-10, 02:37
I'm going to go see this tomorrow night with friends! :D

TombRaiderLover
17-07-10, 02:42
I really wish to see this for three reasons:

1) The trailers are very promising.
2) The reviews have been very complimentary.
3) Christopher Nolan!

However, I'm seeing Toy Story 3 next week (assuming my "friends" are coming - at the moment, it's a succession of "... maybe," or "I don't have the money.") I could see both films, but I'm already saving up for several Blu-rays being released in September and would rather not spend much.

LaraLuvrrr
17-07-10, 03:37
I just saw it...

It was a good film but leaves you very confused at the end and makes you have to think ALOT.

But it's thought provoking :)

_Awestruck_
17-07-10, 06:09
I smell an Oscar winner....

Jedd Fletcher
17-07-10, 06:54
*sniff sniff sniff* I smell it too!

Possible nominations/wins:
-Best Picture
-Best actor (Leonardo DiCaprio)
-Best Visual Effects
-Best Cinematography
-Best Editing
-Best Original Screenplay
-Best Director
-Best Original Score

Holy cow this is a good movie. And M.A., I heard much the same thing in the movie theatre when the movie ended too.

tonyme
17-07-10, 08:10
I saw the trailer a few days ago while at the movies watching 'Eclipse' and I really liked it! I wanna see this movie :tmb:!

michaeldt
17-07-10, 08:24
not too excited for this movie :/

M.A.
17-07-10, 13:53
Ooh, one more soundbite my mind spout out while watching this movie...

"Psychonauts:The Movie"

:D

Rai
17-07-10, 17:39
Saw this last night with my son. We liked it, but it was cofusing. The ending resulting in a a collecteive sigh from the audience :pi:

Jo269976
17-07-10, 19:53
After seeing this trailer, I'm sold.

ZrYPJ4Yc31g

Carbonek_0051
17-07-10, 19:57

ZrYPJ4Yc31g

:vlol:

Gladous
17-07-10, 20:01
I'm about to go see it in a bit! :jmp:

EDIT: Okay, I just saw it and it was BRILLIANT! I loved it! It was so confusing but later in the movie, it finally made sense. :D

Really good! :tmb:

EmeraldFields
18-07-10, 07:16
I just saw it and I loved it! :cln:

I'm still thinking about it!

LightningRider
18-07-10, 07:23

ZrYPJ4Yc31g

Oh My God. I'm in tears. :vlol:

woody543
18-07-10, 20:44
Just saw it! It was VERY good.

It didn't confuse me as such though :/.

Aphrodite22
19-07-10, 01:28
Ive been looking forward to this movie it looks amazing!

Shauni
19-07-10, 01:53
Saw this movie yesterday. I thought it was amazing! :D

Hairhelmet12
19-07-10, 01:53
I don't get it.

trlestew
19-07-10, 02:11
That Dora trailer :vlol:

I need to see this movie soon. I just hope I'm not hopelessly confused. Shutter Island was understandable, but I heard that this one makes little sense unless you ponder VERY hard about it :/

Tommy123
19-07-10, 02:38

ZrYPJ4Yc31g

Hahaha!

:}hello friend
19-07-10, 03:27
As soon as it peeks to our theatre, I will see it. I smell potential...:D

WSOwen02
22-07-10, 07:14
Just got back from this movie. Nolan is truly a master of his craft.

TRhalloween
22-07-10, 07:16
It was confusing but at least it wasn't boring!

ZrYPJ4Yc31g

lmao that's brilliant.

igonge
22-07-10, 12:27
I went to see it yeserday and I loved it :D

Shark_Blade
22-07-10, 15:33
Yeah I think I will check out the movie when it come out.

I was browsing around youtube and stumble into this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-PAVFWnIhs)..

WTF Professor Lupin??*vomit*

Trigger_happy
22-07-10, 18:11
I watched it yesterday as well, and I thought it was amazing! I wanna see it again!

Alpharaider47
22-07-10, 18:12
Saw this Monday, really enjoyed it!

M.A.
24-07-10, 06:50
Had second viewing yesterday and there's so much detail that I missed the first time round. And IMO, the end...

Spoiler.

is DEFINITELY a dream since the kids don't change appearance at all! They are still wearing the same outfit from all the flashbacks and visions! :D

Trigger_happy
24-07-10, 12:27
Had second viewing yesterday and there's so much detail that I missed the first time round. And IMO, the end...

Spoiler.

Well, I'm not so sure. The top did look like it was about to fall over. Either way though, the beauty of the film is, whatever the ending, Cobb gets "his" ending.

Endow
24-07-10, 20:51

MangelinaJolie
24-07-10, 23:19
Just got back from the theater! I definitely want to see it again. Perhaps my new favorite movie, it was that good.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is hot. :pi:

Squibbly
25-07-10, 01:15
I'm seeing this movie tomorrow. I keep hearing about how amazing it is so we'll see!

Admles
26-07-10, 08:38
Saw it two days ago, didn't think it was that great to be honest, during the first 45 mins or so I was thinking "Is this going to pick up anytime soon?"

The ending was fairly cool though

M.A.
26-07-10, 19:35
Someone at Kotaku posted this:

Spoiler:

"Note that Cobb wears a wedding ring while dreaming, but in reality he does not. At the end, Cobb was not wearing the ring. Also after the credits listen for "ping" indicating that the top did eventually drop."

WHAT?! The top drops??!!! Oh, God. Now I have to go back for a third viewing! Who's with me? :D

egypt_gypsie
26-07-10, 19:48
I think my favorite part of the movie is when Ariadne and Cobb are in the dream thing together, and she like flips the town/world upside down so it is sitting on top of the real town...

Wow, just typing that confused me...

M.A.
27-07-10, 03:50
Okay. If you haven't watch Inception, DO NOT play this Youtube video. If you have, then by all means, get ready to be blown away.... :D

Inception literally used in Inception music score:

UVkQ0C4qDvM

Jedd Fletcher
27-07-10, 06:37
^^How very goosebumpsey! It could be just Hans Zimmer being the hack that he is, ripping off his own and other peoples' past scores. But it is really really interesting.

thanatos
27-07-10, 07:14
Spoilers:

You know what really annoys me, all these people who think they're so clever for "figuring out" that the whole movie is a dream, first off you are purposefully led to question whether the 'real' world is a dream, including Mal taunting Cobb with the possibility, so coming to that conclusion isn't exactly smart. The fact is though that we aren't given any reason to actually believe that is the case and if it is it goes against the rules laid out in the film regarding shared dreaming. If he IS in limbo at the end he is there from when he chased Fischer in.

Speaking of which, why is everyone so determined to work out whether or not he is in limbo at the end anyway? To me the ending isn't about teasing us whether or not he is trapped in limbo, it is about the fact that Cobb doesn't seem to care whether he is or not. During the film he constantly spins his top, obsessed over whether he is dreaming or not, but at the end he spins and then pays it no attention, leaving it completely when he finally sees is children, implying that his obsession with being in the real world had more to do with avoiding facing up to the guilt of Mal, who chases him in his dreams, than it did with caring whether he was dreaming or not which is what plagued him when he was in limbo previously. By ignoring the top it shows he has come to terms with the guilt and loss over Mal and can move on and live in peace, whether he does so in a dream or not.

MangelinaJolie
27-07-10, 07:19
^ Agreed 100%. :)

_Awestruck_
30-07-10, 05:11
I saw this yesterday, and it seriously was the best movie I've ever seen. The actors really surprised me entirely, I normally pick up on bad acting jobs, but there wasn't a single person I was unimpressed with. I've got to give it up to Ellen Page though, because she was brilliant in this, especially for this being her first movie in this genre.

I'm definitely seeing it again. I could watch it over and over again.

lara c. fan
31-07-10, 22:07
One of the best films I've ever seen.

Minty Mouth
31-07-10, 23:10
Spoilers:

Speaking of which, why is everyone so determined to work out whether or not he is in limbo at the end anyway? To me the ending isn't about teasing us whether or not he is trapped in limbo, it is about the fact that Cobb doesn't seem to care whether he is or not.

Also spoilers, but it's the film's thread, isn't that a given?

Don't you think that's a kind of selfish thing for him to do? Not caring would have meant he would have had to have left his children fatherless in the real world, right? Just giving up so he could be happy would be kind of against his character and motivations.

Also, the top clearly faltered in the final scene, which in previous scenes when he was dreaming it never once did. When he is dreaming the top spins perfectly and uninterrupted every time. That was not the case in the last shot.

just croft
01-08-10, 01:11
Nolan has done it again! :tmb: Best movie of 2010 so far!

I just love when there are still a few people like Nolan in Holywood who can make big productions of good quality. I'm getting a bit tired of always seeing Di Caprio arround water to be honest...

Spoilers:

(HUGE TEXT WRITTEN IN WHITE HERE. CHECK ORIGINAL POST)

You know, I think it is up to us to make our own choice of how it ended. I like to think that Nolan wanted us to have different opinions about the end and to each his own. I my view he's still dreaming and I have my reasons: the fact the kids haven't aged, their cloths and the setting all together. On the other hand this is something that has kept me awake in the past night while I was still thinking about the film: you know that deja vu feeling you get when you think you already dreamt what it actually happeing right now? well that could also be applied to the end of the film and then it would mean he is awake. Nolan is a genius, not only for being able to direct such a production but also for comming up with this study on the human mind.

_Awestruck_
01-08-10, 03:56
I saw it again in IMAX today. As soon as I left, I wanted to see it again.

The movie is almost too epic. I'm in a completely different world when I watch it.

Dark Lugia 2
01-08-10, 04:21
Brilliant film. Definately worth going to the cinema to wach :)

I loved how it ended, the spinning thingy (forgot what they called them in the film =/ ) spun for long enough to confuse the audience, even though it faltered at the very end. I love a movie that leaves you wondering what happened in a great way, usually its a cheesy cliffhanger or cheap way of not showing us what happened.

Admles
01-08-10, 06:25
I must be the only person to walk out of this movie and go "Meh, was okay"

WCookie
01-08-10, 06:31
(forgot what they called them in the film =/ )

It's a totem :p

Nemo_91
01-08-10, 10:10
Still haven't seen this :(

lara c. fan
01-08-10, 10:15
Also spoilers, but it's the film's thread, isn't that a given?
(SEE ORIGINAL POST TO SEE THESE SPOILERS)

But then again, there could of been a bump in the table... :p

No, I jest. Well, semi-jest. But anyway, there is other evidence for him dreaming, such as the child's clothes, and that they were in the same position as he saw them while he was dreaming before. And the fact that he hadn't seen them in ages. Wouldn't they have grown?

It is one of those movies that's very hotly debated...:p

Minty Mouth
01-08-10, 10:38
But then again, there could of been a bump in the table... :p

No, I jest. Well, semi-jest. But anyway, there is other evidence for him dreaming, such as the child's clothes, and that they were in the same position as he saw them while he was dreaming before. And the fact that he hadn't seen them in ages. Wouldn't they have grown?

It is one of those movies that's very hotly debated...:p

If you look their shoes are different. Besides, two actors for each child are listed in the credits and on IMDB. Phillipa, for example, had an actress credited as 3-years-old and an actress as 5-years-old.

I took the position and the movement being the same as symbolism, more than anything.

lara c. fan
01-08-10, 12:04
THE UBER SPOILERS

Ah, didn't notice that.
What about James?
Symbolism maybe, but when you're in a dream and every time you see them like how he sees them at the end (Other than they didn't run away) you're either a very good seer, or you're still dreaming :p

Minty Mouth
01-08-10, 12:43
Ah, didn't notice that.
What about James?
Symbolism maybe, but when you're in a dream and every time you see them like how he sees them at the end (Other than they didn't run away) you're either a very good seer, or you're still dreaming :p

Yeah, they both have different actors. Something else worth noting is that Cobb only wears his wedding ring when he is in a dream. He isn't wearing it in the final scene.

lara c. fan
01-08-10, 13:02
TEHE.

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm more on the side that it isn't a dream, but I gotta think about both sides.

MangelinaJolie
01-08-10, 16:14
He was also wearing his ring when he went to get Saito, after he had confronted Mal. I think that's important because it shows he didn't just take his ring off in his dreams.

jbrown013
01-08-10, 22:49
Oh man, I can't get over how great of a movie this was.

Tom Hardy, Ellen Page, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were all amazing. Forget Leo DiCaprio. I can only hope Nolan pulls a Dark Knight on us and totally trumps the first film with an amazing sequel.

Legend of Lara
01-08-10, 22:56
The ending.

Okay, what I just saw was the best movie ever made. It was just perfect. This is my top movie of 2010. Nothing can possibly top Inception. Nothing.

THE ENDING.

jbrown013
01-08-10, 22:59
Was I the only one sad to see it end?

I mean, 78ish hours since I saw it the first time.... 24 since I saw it the second, and I cannot stop thinking about it.

Legend of Lara
01-08-10, 23:02

I mean, 78ish hours since I saw it the first time.... 24 since I saw it the second, and I cannot stop thinking about it.

No. I want to see this again.

just croft
01-08-10, 23:03
OK I'm Giving out a warning here to everyone who comes to this thread:
If you don't like spoilers get out now!
I'm getting tired of seeing everything written in white and I doubt there will be much disscussion here now unless it has to do with the film's plot.

Well, in a dream or not, he got what he wanted right?

lara c. fan
01-08-10, 23:08
I'm getting tired of seeing everything written in white and I doubt there will be much disscussion here now unless it has to do with the film's plot.

Uh...

Not everyone will see that message. Best to keep everything in white :p

_Awestruck_
01-08-10, 23:10

He wanted to see his children's faces "up above". If he was in a dream at the end of the film, he didn't get what he wanted.

jbrown013
01-08-10, 23:56

Yeah, as Brandon said, he refused to see their faces in limbo, and wanted to see them "up above". What if he is still in limbo? That makes for a good sequel, there's just apart of me that thinks the story didn't become full circle. Dom may have felt that he got what he wanted in the end, but what if Mal just shows up again proving that it's all just in limbo?

Tyrannosaurus
02-08-10, 00:03
This is the movie The Matrix should have been.

jbrown013
02-08-10, 03:20
An amazing analysis of the symbols throughout the movie. The person who wrote this really did a lot of thinking about this.

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/07/the_ultimate_explanation_of_in.html

Killercowz
02-08-10, 04:07
I just saw the film today, absolutely mind blowing.
I don't want to spoil anything so I'm not going to post my question about the ending.

And it was like one of the few movies in which Leo doesn't die. LOL :p

erreway
02-08-10, 04:29
I saw it and it's great,i loved it :D
I have to see it again :p

patriots88888
02-08-10, 06:44
I wasn't overly impressed. It was decent and an entertaining movie, but nothing which I would consider Oscar worthy. Like dreams themselves, I'm not going to spend any considerable time analyzing this movie. It was what it was... just a way to kill a couple of hours, nothing more than that.

jackles
02-08-10, 07:36
Some of us are still waiting to see the film you know!

patriots88888
02-08-10, 07:38

Who are you talking to? My post wasn't anything revealing about the movie at all. Just my personal opinion of it. :confused:

lara c. fan
02-08-10, 07:42
Who are you talking to? My post wasn't anything revealing about the movie at all. Just my personal opinion of it. :confused:

Sometimes it shows the page behind, which just happened to be full of spoilers.
I did say to keep using white...

patriots88888
02-08-10, 07:47
Sometimes it shows the page behind, which just happened to be full of spoilers.
I did say to keep using white...

Sometimes what shows the page behind? My post has been up on this new page for an hour now. I just wasn't sure if that comment was directed at me because mine was the previous one or just in general regarding any possible giveaways of the movie's plot.

lara c. fan
02-08-10, 07:51
Sometimes what shows the page behind? My post has been up on this new page for an hour now. I just wasn't sure if that comment was directed at me because mine was the previous one or just in general regarding any possible giveaways of the movie's plot.

Sometimes, if you just click on the link and not specific page numbers, it will default to a page or more behind.

Although, thinking about it, Jackie has to moderate every post anyway. Oh dear...

jackles
02-08-10, 07:52

I was referring to further back when they were talking about not bothering to use spoilers.

If I meant you I would have quoted you.

I meant this OK I'm Giving out a warning here to everyone who comes to this thread:

patriots88888
02-08-10, 07:55
Sometimes, if you just click on the link and not specific page numbers, it will default to a page or more behind.

Although, thinking about it, Jackie has to moderate every post anyway. Oh dear...

Not to get too far off topic but I still don't understand what you are saying. If you click last page, that is what you'll get, the last page, not one or two behind. And if you click the thread title, you'll start from the thread's beginning. Unless you're referring to the first new post icon?

jackles
02-08-10, 07:57
I have to read back pages and pages of threads sometimes.

patriots88888
02-08-10, 08:00
I was referring to further back when they were talking about not bothering to use spoilers.

If I meant you I would have quoted you.

I meant this

I have to read back pages and pages of threads sometimes.

Okay, was just wondering because I didn't see anyone quoted in your first post. :) I can certainly understand how frustrating that must be to have to moderate and while doing so seeing spoilers.

Uzi master
02-08-10, 08:07
well crap, I was just at teh drive in with my family, the second movie was inception but everyone else was falling asleep so I had to leave half way through!:hea:

just croft
02-08-10, 13:15
He wanted to see his children's faces "up above". If he was in a dream at the end of the film, he didn't get what he wanted.

Yeah, as Brandon said, he refused to see their faces in limbo, and wanted to see them "up above". What if he is still in limbo? That makes for a good sequel, there's just apart of me that thinks the story didn't become full circle. Dom may have felt that he got what he wanted in the end, but what if Mal just shows up again proving that it's all just in limbo?

Totaly forgot about that second part

I see jackles. However if you see the posts before mine, most of them were starting to be all written in white. There really wasn't any disscussion in here unless it had spoilers. I understand that some may have not seen the film yet and I appologize for the big red letters. But those who haven't seen it yet can't disscuss much about it as well can they? :o

M.A.
02-08-10, 13:54
I've posted this somewhere. Thought it will be nice to be posted here. And I have a suggestion\; should we create a separate thread where we can discuss Inception in all its spoilerrific glory, without this white texts? Since some haven't seen them and such. What do you think?

SPOILER:

About the kids, watch carefully the end scene. Their clothes are slightly different. Same style but different color I think. Their shoes are different too. Plus their position changed slightly from "the memory". And if you read the credits, you'll notice that James and Phillipa are both credited with two actors each to portray different ages. I only remember James' - he was portrayed by one actor for 20 months age and another for 3 year old.

And about your opinion about dying in limbo. When you die in limbo, you shoot straight up into reality. (Addriene and Ficher didn't die. The gave themselves a kick by falling, thus going up a level instead of shooting up to reality) The hard part is to convince yourself that the limbo is fake and not a reality (this is what happened to Mol and Saito). Notice when Cobb spin his top in his apartment before the helicopter scene, he was holding his gun near his head. He was ready to blow his brain out if the top stays spinning. And in the Limbo scene at the end, old Saito was holding the gun nearer and nearer to his head once he slowly realizes that he is actually in Limbo. Cobb was there to remind him of what he has forgotten - he is in limbo, not in reality. I guess when you are stuck so long in limbo(Mol), or a newbie (Saito), you'll start to except limbo as reality. Cobb was too, or at least have some trouble keeping his sanity (Saito's bodyguard: "He was delusional but he asked for you by your name") but he "remembered" once he found old Saito.

And about the top, notice that when it is spin in (supposedly) dream world, (Mol's safe and Old Saito's place) it just PERFECTLY spin and spin. But when it is spin in the (again, supposedly) reality, it toppled (Cobb's apartment). So why did the top WOBBLE in the end scene? And to add fuel to the fire, various forum has reported that if you stay through the credits, you could actually HEAR the sound of top falling. I've yet to confirm this. Got to go for the THIRD time! :D

Sigh, I haven't loved a movie like this for a very, very long time...

laralover_07
02-08-10, 15:44
What. What. Now I need to go see it again.

jbrown013
02-08-10, 16:45
SPOILER:

If you read back a page, I posted a link with basically what you said, just way more in depth.

Minty Mouth
02-08-10, 16:47
If you read back a page, I posted a link with basically what you said, just way more in depth.

A couple of people (including myself) also made the same points earlier in the thread :p

But the good thing about films like this that go mainstream is that they show that some people can still actually think, even if it is only a little :ton:

jbrown013
02-08-10, 17:22
Yeah, the guy who wrote that did a fantastic job. I would atleast suggest giving it a look even if you feel the same way.

I'm calling Inception to win or at least get nominated for the following Oscars:

Best Picture
Best Original Screenplay
Best Director
Best Actor
Best Supporting Actor (Either Gordon-Levitt or Tom Hardy... hell, maybe both)
Best Supporting Actress (Marion Cotillard)
Best Film Editing
Best Visual Effects
Best Art Direction
Best Cinematography
Best Sound Mixing
Best Sound Editing
Best Original Score

Blue = Guaranteed
Red = Probably
Green = Pushing it, but it's possible.

M.A.
02-08-10, 17:24

As I said, I posted my thoughts somewhere else and reposted them here. Thanks anyway for the link. Very interesting read. Although....

But why should we believe that he's wanted for his wife's murder?

I don't think he is wanted for his wife murder. Cobb's line, "THEY think I killed her!" refers to his family. Mol wrote a letter to her lawyer before she died, remember? A letter that said that she feared for her safety around Cobb. I guess he was a suspect, but not a convict. But the damage has been done, at least to his family. And he running away from them only made it worst. Yes, he is wanted by the law. But not because of his wife.

jbrown013
02-08-10, 17:34
That's a good way to look at it, Mal only wrote that letter so it could convince Dom to jump with her, because he was basically trapped with both choices... running was the only solution.

Cochrane
02-08-10, 17:50
I donít think so. I never quite got what Alfredís relationship was, but he seems supportive of Cobb and his children clearly love him. I am not entirely sure about Grandma. Either way, if it was really his family instead of the law, then I see no way how one phone call, no matter by whom, can make it go away. So it is clearly not the family that considers him to be the murderer.

jbrown013
02-08-10, 19:15
Idk.... there's still a lot to speculate on that the film doesn't answer. I suppose that the beauty of it all is the mystery itself.

Cochrane
02-08-10, 19:29
IMHO not. It left all important questions answered rather clearly, with the only exception being the very ending. And in fact you could argue that this isnít an important question at all. What matters is that Cobb is emotionally where he needed and wanted to be.

His quest was only partially to see his children again. The real quest was to get over Mal, to bring himself to accept her death. An important part is also for him to accept that he is, indeed, responsible for hear death. That is a mission accomplished, and seeing his children again is just a reason for him to finally do it and a reward, nothing more.

It is important to note that there is no external conflict in the way. He has a conflict with an amorphous entity, i.e. "the law", a conflict that is just a road block and can, in movies at least, indeed be removed by one phone call made by the right businessperson. If the conflict had been with his family instead, it would have been a quite different movie. Accepting his guilt about Malís death and consequently pushing her away is an internal moment, quite literally in his subconscious, with only Juno as a catalyst. If he had a conflict with the family, that wouldnít work, because he would have to convince others to forgive him, something that Satoís phone call could never realistically do. His quest for forgiveness would be entirely external.

In short, of course the police think he killed her. If instead his family thought so, the entire movie would collapse.

just croft
02-08-10, 20:33
Best Picture (alot more to come, we'll have to wait. But it's the best so far)
Best Original Screenplay :tmb:
Best Director :tmb:
Best Actor (Doubt it)
Best Supporting Actor (Either Gordon-Levitt or Tom Hardy... hell, maybe both) :tmb:
Best Supporting Actress (Marion Cotillard) (I really hope not, I even think Page toped her by miles on this one.)
Best Film Editing :tmb:
Best Visual Effects :tmb:
Best Art Direction :tmb:
Best Cinematography :tmb:
Best Sound Mixing :tmb:
Best Sound Editing :tmb:
Best Original Score (mehhh)

Blue = Guaranteed
Red = Probably
Green = Pushing it, but it's possible.

Orange = My opinion
:tmb: = My opinion

jbrown013
02-08-10, 20:58
I loved Page's performance, but Cotillard was SCARY in her scenes.

So, if they were to nominate in the supporting actress category, I think Cotillard will be in favor with the academy. I'm not saying Page isn't deserving of a nomination, but like I said, Cotillard freaked me out in her scenes... and it was kinda believable. You don't really come across a movie where someone goes psycho and plays it out really well like she did.

Whereas, in the supporting actor category, you have Tom Hardy who was on par with Gordon-Levitt, they both deserve to be nominated.

But, the cast as a whole was brilliant. No bad acting, it was all real. Something you don't get in a movie anymore. Kinda refreshing when the world is taken over with the Twilight saga where the acting in those movies is utter crap, and you get a movie like Inception (which is rare with Hollywood film makers anymore), that the cast seems to fit well together.

If there was an Oscar for best ensemble cast, Inception would have it in the bag.

just croft
02-08-10, 21:39
Well you do have a point there. Mal's look was very scary when Adriane was in the elevator. But apart from that, her role did't seem that big (not in importance but rather in what was asked of Cotillard). I'm not saying Cotillard did a bad work, I'm saying the role itself doesn't make for an award, in my opinion.

larson n natla
02-08-10, 21:46
I watched this movie in the Cinema with some friends on Saturday and it was absolutely amazing I loved every second. I honestly think that although DiCaprio was really believable the supporting cast and members shone through especially the 'wife' character and the other 'dream invaders.'

:tmb:

jbrown013
02-08-10, 22:17
The best acting scene though was when Mal jumped off, Leo's reaction was pretty amazing.

Trigger_happy
02-08-10, 23:05
I loved Page's performance, but Cotillard was SCARY in her scenes.

So, if they were to nominate in the supporting actress category, I think Cotillard will be in favor with the academy. I'm not saying Page isn't deserving of a nomination, but like I said, Cotillard freaked me out in her scenes... and it was kinda believable. You don't really come across a movie where someone goes psycho and plays it out really well like she did.

Whereas, in the supporting actor category, you have Tom Hardy who was on par with Gordon-Levitt, they both deserve to be nominated.

But, the cast as a whole was brilliant. No bad acting, it was all real. Something you don't get in a movie anymore. Kinda refreshing when the world is taken over with the Twilight saga where the acting in those movies is utter crap, and you get a movie like Inception (which is rare with Hollywood film makers anymore), that the cast seems to fit well together.

If there was an Oscar for best ensemble cast, Inception would have it in the bag.

The acting was top notch throughout the whole film. And I have to agree, I think Cotillard would be the one to get the supporting actress nod, but I think its due to what you mean by "supporting". I would call Ariadne a main character, not a supporting one.

_Awestruck_
03-08-10, 00:44
The acting was top notch throughout the whole film. And I have to agree, I think Cotillard would be the one to get the supporting actress nod, but I think its due to what you mean by "supporting". I would call Ariadne a main character, not a supporting one.

I would too. Arthur was a supporting character, as was Tom Hardy's and Ken Wantanabe's characters. Mal played a big part of the whole story, but her character wasn't relevant enough in the main storyline to be considered a main character.

jbrown013
03-08-10, 13:28
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1939332

LOL

laralover_07
06-08-10, 22:19
Just saw it again, and it clicked together for me. STILL, some ideas that say otherwise.

When we first meet Yusuf, the cat behind him disappears and reappears between shots. I know this might be a goof, but in a film so perfect and detailed, and with cats being notoriously bad animals to work with, do you really think Nolan would leave in the cat?

In the scene where Cobb explains the night Mal jumped to Ariadne, we see him step on the glass. The glass's smash rings in the air for a long time, and you can hear at least five distinct rings. (ie, the ring gets louder and quieter over the space of possibly ten-fifteen seconds.) Supposedly in the first level of the dream, time could be at least five times slower, correct? I just feel that the time it did ring for is too long and unrealistic. Suggesting he is infact in the first level of dreaming during the film. Also when a glass smashes later on, in the hotel bar, the ring lasts even longer than it did in Cobb's memory.

Of course, how would five minutes in the first dream = an hour in the second? Well, dead end there. Unless. Hang on. Wouldn't "what feels like five minutes" in the dream be "what feels like an hour" in the next? Suggesting reality, where Mal is, Is five times quicker?

Tonyrobinson
07-08-10, 00:24
Seen it, sort of liked it but wished it would be better. I think Chris Nolan is a great director but this is nothing compared to his other works. :(

Aphrodite22
07-08-10, 01:19
1 week left till i can finally watch it!!!!!!!!

cant wait . dont wanna see spoilers
so i better get outta here as fast as i can :ton:

Encore
07-08-10, 02:09
The best acting scene though was when Mal jumped off, Leo's reaction was pretty amazing.

If you think that's impressive you should watch Shutter Island or the Aviator. If Leo ever deserved an award like no one else, those were the movies.

rowanlim
13-08-10, 15:39
I just watched it again, someone told me that after the credits, the totem would stop spinning & drop but it didn't! Is it true?

I love the film, it's really good. Superb acting :tmb:

just croft
13-08-10, 18:03
I just watched it again, someone told me that after the credits, the totem would stop spinning & drop but it didn't! Is it true?

I also stayed utill the very end, nothing. It's a fake mith going arround the internet...

lara c. fan
13-08-10, 18:07
^ I think you better edit that.
Some people still haven't watched it yet.

Aphrodite22
14-08-10, 18:14

I love the film, it's really good. Superb acting :tmb:

Great movie, the effects blew me away.. About that, when the totem is spinning it means he is dreaming or viceversa?

definitely gonna give it a second watch to understand it better. Plus i was very sleep so i couldnt focus 100%.

just croft
14-08-10, 18:46
^ I think you better edit that.
Some people still haven't watched it yet.

What's the point? How is that going to spoil the film? Only those who have seen it get what it means ;)

Alpharaider47
14-08-10, 18:51
What's the point? How is that going to spoil the film? Only those who have seen it get what it means ;)

This is true :o

Lara Croft!
14-08-10, 19:30
This movie is gonna be either great or a fail. No middle way in this one.

M.A.
15-08-10, 03:47
I also stayed utill the very end, nothing. It's a fake mith going arround the internet...

It's not a visual. It's just a sound of the top dropping and stop.

rowanlim
15-08-10, 09:23

Damn that myth. Had to analyze the film again when I heard it & AGAIN when I found it wasn't true :mad:

I like Arthur in the film. So funny :D

Afonya
15-08-10, 09:49
Went to see this movie yesterday with my dad. It was pretty much what I expected (=good and made me think about stuff). It was not a big surprise that Chistropher Nolan was a director. This movie also reminded me of Matrix...

Ken Watanabe was great, one of my favorite actors :tmb:

Encore
15-08-10, 12:54

Really????? That's pretty cool.

Ken Watanabe was great, one of my favorite actors :tmb:

Same! :jmp:

I think all the cast does a great job considering the type of movie it is (not very actor-oriented). Cillian Murphy also gives a very good performance.

FloTheMachine
15-08-10, 13:14
I just seen it. The end was brilliant :D

just croft
15-08-10, 16:25

I wasn't refering to visual. I said that nothing happens. ;)

MangelinaJolie
15-08-10, 17:12
Obvious spoilers, but I just want to say... If it was all a dream, Mal probably would have shown up during the more tumultuous "awake" parts, such as the chase in Mombasa. Regardless, I don't think it even matters. The point of the movie was Cobb's situation with Mal and how it ended, and that he doesn't care if he is awake or not at that point.

just croft
15-08-10, 17:23
Obvious spoilers, but I just want to say... If it was all a dream, Mal probably would have shown up during the more tumultuous "awake" parts, such as the chase in Mombasa. Regardless, I don't think it even matters. The point of the movie was Cobb's situation with Mal and how it ended, and that he doesn't care if he is awake or not at that point.

No because he doesn't think he is asleep so his mind wouldn't put her at those places.

tonyme
17-08-10, 19:09
It was amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! I saw it today and I really liked the ending!:tmb:

I think it wasn't a dream after all/btw

Lara Croft!
31-08-10, 22:13
Please don't quote spoilers as they become visible.

This movie is gonna be either great or a fail. No middle way in this one.

I was right. And fortunately it was great! I loved it. Although the script was complex and the explaining bits were passing in very fast speed, I think I got it all.

And my view on the end... SPOILERS!!!!!

Everything was a dream and there are 2 proofs imo.

1)The totem at the end never stopped spinning. This was shown rather cleverly, as it seemed for a moment or two that it could stop, but the whole scene seemed too colorful and a bit blurry, like in a dream. And his kids happened to be at the same place/same position as he often dreamed them? No different hair/ages etc?

2) The chase scene at the beginning, it seemed very fake, like the ones that were caused by the projections of the "victim" later on in the film. The local man in the cafe refusing to serve DiCaprio a coffee gave an awful lot of aggressive attention and so did the others around. So real angry people or alert projections of DiCaprio's subconscious, trying to wake him up? Moreover, that thin passage between the walls he was trying to go through, it's a common nightmare concept. And Saito appeared like a Deus ex machina out of nowhere?
SPOILERS!!!!!

tonyme
31-08-10, 22:17
^ We didn't see it stop but I'm pretty sure I heard it stop and fall right when the end credits began.

Lara Croft!
31-08-10, 22:21
I was paying as much attention as possible and to me it was neither. They showed both but let the viewer decide on their own.

tonyme
31-08-10, 22:24
I'll have to watch it again.:p

But I really HOPE it wasn't all just a dream!!

lara c. fan
31-08-10, 22:29
^Why not? I think the meaning of the ending wasn't about whether or not it was a dream. It was about Cobb not caring anymore. Accepting whatever it was.

tonyme
31-08-10, 22:31
But his kids... He wanted to go back to them in the end... :/

Lara Croft!
31-08-10, 22:57
If all was a dream then the story can be whatever he wanted to. Maybe he never had kids or a wife in his real life.

Alpharaider47
01-09-10, 05:58
^^ That's an interesting theory, but if it is all just a dream, then why did he do everything that he did? Was it a way of losing himself in the dream or something?

Reckless Lara
01-09-10, 11:25
My new signature says it all.

Lara Croft!
01-09-10, 12:48
^^ That's an interesting theory, but if it is ..........

Two possible explanations. 1) Di Caprio is really a loner and dreamed all that adventure so as to have a family.
2) Di Caprio has a family but they all died or don't want to see him, so he visits them only through dreams. Ending up with his two kids and having dealt with the remorses about his wife is his happy ending inside the dream

pinklaralover
01-09-10, 12:55
I watched ths not long ago with my brother and my god its amazing!
I recommend who havent watched it.. to watch it,
and who have watched it.. to watch it again.

Lara Croft!
01-09-10, 16:45
and who have watched it.. to watch it again.

Of course I will! :)

I checked IMDB, the movie is rated 9.1! It's #4 in the top 250 list.:eek:

Monari
01-09-10, 18:11
I love this movie so much!!! :jmp:

SPOILER!!!
I don't think it was a dream.

The totem started to wobble at the end. We just didn't see it fall. (Probably.) :pi:

His kids were in the similar position, but not exactly the same. On top of that, they had slightly different clothes. And I've read somewhere that there were two actors for each of his kids (younger/older).

In my opinion, both options are meant to be acceptable. If it was completely clear, it wouldn't have been discussed like this. Also, I think some people are simply overanalyzing this movie. :p

But this great movie definitely deserves attention. :tmb:

Afonya
01-09-10, 20:08
Ken Watanabe <3

Yes, I liked this movie alot :) It was interesting and at last we have something different!

/EDIT: Lol, just realised I already posted in this thread :D

robm_2007
01-09-10, 21:49
i want ot watch this very much. and i have to go tomorrow, cuz its the last day of its showing at my theatre.

Lara Croft!
02-09-10, 09:35
Also, I think some people are simply overanalyzing this movie. :p

Hey! :mad:
:D :)

As you said, it deserves our attention.

Your_Envy*
02-09-10, 09:37
I liked it but it wasn't like ZOMG THAT'S SO AWESOME!!1! for me.. At all. :pi: It was a nice movie but nothing special. :D

Lara Croft!
02-09-10, 11:16
I thought there was no middle liking to this one. You proved me wrong Ana.

Monari
02-09-10, 11:25
Hey! :mad:
:D :)

I meant it in general and I didn't mean it in the bad way. ;)

Your_Envy*
02-09-10, 12:20
I thought there was no middle liking to this one. You proved me wrong Ana.

Oooh.. Well yeah, I am in the middle. :o

silver_wolf
02-09-10, 14:55
Best movie I've seen all year. So far...

Lunatia
13-09-10, 20:58
I've only seen this movie once, which was when it came out. That's about two months ago or something, right? At the moment of my writing this post, I'm listening to song number 12 of the soundtrack, it's gorgeous and hauntingly saddening. Inception is one of the best movies I've ever seen (It'll never overtake The Usual Suspects for me, but no movie ever will. :D ) and I still think about it a whole lot. What can I say, I'm slightly obsessed. Overall, I love this movie so much and I think it deserves its place on the IMDb top 250. It used to be number 3, but I think there's people out there who create new accounts to vote for The Godfather 1 and 2. I'm into conspiracy theories, can you tell? :whi:

Jedd Fletcher
26-12-10, 15:41
Inception is out on Blu-Ray and DVD now. I've reviewed it (not the actual film, I reviewed that when I saw it in theatres) here:

When I walked out of the movie theatre after seeing this film with my family, my brother turned to me excitedly, and said "we HAVE to buy the Blu-Ray when it comes out." I must say I agreed, and now he's been proven correct. The format was the winner in the "optical disc format war", pitting it against the now-defunct "HD DVD" format - never since the days of Betmax vs VHS have home video format wars been this brutal. My Dad says he feels for those who stocked up on a HD DVD collection and are now left with a large pile of very useless discs.

Anyway, the format has been around for three-ish years now, but Blu Ray discs are still significantly more expensive than a normal DVD release. In the case of the Blu-Ray release for Inception, is it worth it?

Simply put, yes.

Watching the film in the comfort of your own home, you can rewind, pause or play the film in slow-motion, and Inception is one of those films where many cinemagoers did want to go back to have a closer look at an earlier scene. But why watch it in Blu-Ray?

Inception is a very visual film. Oodles and oodles of artfully-shot, awe-inspiring images come one after another. I'm sure it looks great on a regular DVD as well, but the Blu-Ray format does indeed do the film incredible justice. Every tiny detail in unparalleled quality. There's also the sound. Hans Zimmer's throbbing, ominous score and the sound effects - especially the bit where Ariadne steps on a broken glass, and there's that eerie ringing tone - come to vivid life. Not every film needs to be seen in Blu-Ray. When my Dad bought the Blu-Ray player, one of the free discs they packaged with it was a Blu-Ray release of the comedy "First Sunday". That film doesn't need to be seen in Blu-Ray - Tracy Jordan is scary enough as he is on TV.

But Inception is one film that needs to be seen in Blu-Ray. I'll go as far as to say if someone puts a gun to your head and says you can only choose one film to own on Blu-Ray, choose this one. And no, neither Warner Bros. Pictures, Syncopy, Legendary Pictures, Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio nor Tai Li-Lee (the Japanese kid on the train who helps Cobb with the "kicks") are paying me any money to say all this. I'm just really excited that it looks, sounds and feels brilliant at home - as much as it did in the movie theatre.

And of course, the biggest reason that I get video releases of films to watch at home - aside from being able to watch the film at home and as many times as I want to - are special features. Unfortunately, Inception is slightly thin on the special features, at least when compared to some other Blu-Ray releases which contain tens of hours of bonus material. However, quality does trump quantity this time around. The second disc contains most of the supplementals. There's a 45-minute-long documentary featuring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and real-life PhD and MD-holding dream experts, who discuss the psychology and the inexact science behind dreaming. I always like it when the audience gets a peek into some real-life context behind a movie, and the documentary is informative, deep, yet fun to watch. Apart from the interviews, "Dreams: Cinema of the Subconscious" features fascinating animated and re-enacted sequences that attempt to portray what it looks like when we dream. Very artistic.

You also get a "motion comic" of "The Cobol Job", which is a comic book that acts as a prequel to the film and sets it up very nicely. "The Cobol Job" tells of the circumstances leading up to Cobb, Arthur and Nash performing the extraction on Saito at the beginning of the film, and provides great context - provided you watch the film first, as the film in turn provides context to its prequel. A motion comic is a stylised animated representation of the comic book: you get the speech bubbles, narration and onomatopoeic "sound effects", but also a degree of animation accompanied by Hans Zimmer's music and some sound effects. It's a surreal and novel way to tell a story as the characters don't "speak" audibly. It's supposed to be a comic book come to life, and that's exactly what it is. The art is gorgeous, and there are some pretty good likenesses of Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt drawn into it.

You get the standard collection of trailers, TV spots and promotional art, with intriguing and very exquisite concept art thrown in for good measure. Disc 2 is rounded off with ten tracks taken off the film's soundtrack, composed by Hans Zimmer. I'm not a big fan of the composer, as his scores are often derivative and repetitive - there indeed are moments of the soundtrack that are recognisable as riffs from other Hans Zimmer soundtracks for other films. However, he does use some very clever tricks in his composition, including adapting parts of "Non, je ne regrette rien" (the Edith Piaf song used for the kicks) into his score. It's fun to listen to the music in such quality, and it does suit the film very well.

The main special feature is back on Disc 1: "Extraction Mode", which is a version of Warner Bros' "Maximum Movie Mode" feature only available on its Blu-Ray discs. It's like an audio commentary, but much cooler: director Christopher Nolan and star Leonardo DiCaprio pop up at many moments during the film to give some insight into the behind-the-scenes process for filming that particular scene. This is sure to excite any movie buff: an opportunity to enter the mind of the mastermind, so to speak, and hear it straight from Nolan himself. For those who want to go deeper into the story and want some questions answered, watching the movie this way is sure to be a treat. But, just as a magician never gives out his secrets, Nolan attempts to remain deliberately vague on those plot details. At any rate, the "extraction mode", which is exclusive to the Blu-Ray edition, is a really big reason to get this on that format.

I don't own it, but there is also a limited edition release packaged slickly in an aluminium briefcase-type case. You get the Blu-Ray, DVD and digital copy versions of the film, as well as four postcards, an in-universe "instruction manual" on how to operate the PASIV device that enables the shared dreaming in the film, and coolest of all, a prop replica of the spinning top totem.

The Blu-Ray release of Inception lets you dream big, dream clear, dream in vivid detail and dream as often as you want to. Now, the dream truly is real.

Dina_Croft
26-12-10, 16:22
I think this movie definetly deserves an oscar. I don't get how many people didn't understand this movie. Is it so hard or are they just stupid?

_Awestruck_
26-12-10, 16:37
I think this movie definetly deserves an oscar. I don't get how many people didn't understand this movie. Is it so hard or are they just stupid?

I agree. I watched it five times the week it came out on Blu-Ray (not including the two times I saw it in theaters), and I learned something new every time. But I still completely understand. I'll probably watch it again today, I'm overdue :p.

I'm addicted to this movie.

DragonSlayer
26-12-10, 16:43
Best movie of the year, definite contender for movie of the year, bought the soundtrack a half hour ago.

Dina_Croft
26-12-10, 17:12
Plus, Inception's Cast is an eyecandy. All of them. lol

If anyone wants Inception memes, tell me so that I can post them here. I've got like 300 memes.

laralives
26-12-10, 20:13
I thought it was quite boring, I was expecting it to be mind-blowing, but most everything was predictable. :o

And reminded me of an episode in a certain show...so I didn't think it was very original...

Just my opinion. :)

:wve:

Dina_Croft
26-12-10, 20:29
I thought it was quite boring, I was expecting it to be mind-blowing, but most everything was predictable. :o

And reminded me of an episode in a certain show...so I didn't think it was very original...

Just my opinion. :)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/tumblr_lbt0rddaiF1qahab3.gif

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l8n41yP2SX1qblixoo1_500.jpg

Aphrodite22
26-12-10, 21:58
Best movie of the year, definite contender for movie of the year, bought the soundtrack a half hour ago.

:tmb: the winners gonna be either Black Swan or Inception (havent seen black swan yet =(

Lara's Nemesis
26-12-10, 22:19
It probably will win oscars although that isn't necassarily a sign of quality.

digitizedboy
26-12-10, 22:38
It probably will win oscars although that isn't necassarily a sign of quality.

The working crew don't need oscars to say this film is a masterpiece. Best movie of 2010 IMO. But that's pretty irrelevant really because there's been some right turkeys this year.

_Awestruck_
27-12-10, 01:41
:tmb: the winners gonna be either Black Swan or Inception (havent seen black swan yet =(

For Best Picture, I think The Social Network is a shoe-in. 2010 was an awesome year for movies, so Inception's gonna have some tough competition.

Lara Croft!
27-12-10, 13:28
Best movie I've seen all year. So far...

Same here. And 2010 is closing to its end, so I think it's safe to say it.

robm_2007
27-12-10, 19:30

It is a rather complicated story.

BtoFu
28-12-10, 02:21
If you don't get things all you hafta do is watch it again. One of those movies designed to make you feel smart for figuring it all out - in spite of the fact that next to nothing in it is implicit.

Jedd Fletcher
28-12-10, 15:14
What I really like about the film is that you don't have to get a concrete answer, the viewer is left to interpret the film for himself. I never really cared about accepting a "one true theory" about the film (particularly its ending). Christopher Nolan employed ambiguity as a storytelling tool. There's no fun if everything is spelled out for you in bold capitalized letters. There's no official "word of God" interpretation of Inception, and it's amazing the way it is.

Admles
28-12-10, 15:16
I must seriously be the only person who walked out of this and went "bleh......... kinda boring" :vlol:

Dina_Croft
28-12-10, 20:13
I must seriously be the only person who walked out of this and went "bleh......... kinda boring" :vlol:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/Joseph%20Gordon%20Levitt/2n9aluxjpg.gif

Y YOU NO LIKE INCEPTION?

amaris
28-12-10, 20:16
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard it was amazing. :D

Aphrodite22
28-12-10, 22:04
For Best Picture, I think The Social Network is a shoe-in. 2010 was an awesome year for movies, so Inception's gonna have some tough competition.

Social Network for best picture?? nah i dont think so :p

im still suprised and :mad: because Shutter Island wasnt nominated. I was really expecting it.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/Joseph%20Gordon%20Levitt/2n9aluxjpg.gif

Y YOU NO LIKE INCEPTION?

Tombcool
28-12-10, 22:06
Am I the only one who did not like this movie? :o

Aphrodite22
28-12-10, 22:12

i hope so

Admles
29-12-10, 04:11
I thought it was boring myself

Lara's Nemesis
29-12-10, 04:38

I agree, thought it started off really well but there was just something too clinical about the whole thing. Another part of the reason I was a bit letdown was the huge amount of hype that was surrounding it. Just about everyone I know said that I must see it, I'm sure I could have got by without it. Decent film but nothing special imo.

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 10:36
Once again,

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6ac1abgvw1qcj1j9o1_500.jpg

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 10:40

definitely not. i didn't even bother finishing it myself; that's how much i didn't like it. same goes for everyone in my house... they couldn't finish it, either. xD sure, it had Ellen Page, but her cuteness isn't enough to keep me watching that movie.

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 10:49
Ok guys, stop bashing the Inception thread. You didn't like it. We got it.

Now could you mind GTFO and

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/b8u74k.gif

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 10:54
Ok guys, stop bashing the Inception thread. You didn't like it. We got it.

Now could you mind GTFO and

[IMG]http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/b8u74k.gif[IMG]

exactly; it's the Inception thread and people are allowed to their opinions. it's not an appreciation thread, or anything, is it? it's a thread for peoples feedback on the movie. if they liked it, then good for them, if they didn't, then you should learn to accept it and move on.

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 10:59
exactly; it's the Inception thread and people are allowed to their opinions. it's not an appreciation thread, or anything, is it? it's a thread for peoples feedback on the movie. if they liked it, then good for them, if they didn't, then you should learn to accept it and move on.

I never said that i don't accept your opinion. Plus the same thing happened to the Twilight thread and the haters stopped posting there. It wasn't an apreciation thread but still.

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 11:02
I never said that i don't accept your opinion. Plus the same thing happened to the Twilight thread and the haters stopped posting there. It wasn't an apreciation thread but still.

well, i apologize, then, but that's what you were making it seem like.

as for that... well, i have no control over that, lol. i use to like Twilight quite a bit, but now that it's become so overrated and retarded, i highly dislike it now. i think people need to get over their obsession with those movies for 5 seconds, and learn to accept that some people just don't like it and are going to give their feedback on it.

Your_Envy*
29-12-10, 11:07

definitely not. i didn't even bother finishing it myself; that's how much i didn't like it. same goes for everyone in my house... they couldn't finish it, either. xD sure, it had Ellen Page, but her cuteness isn't enough to keep me watching that movie.

So I am not alone! Yaaay! :jmp: It was kinda boring (and I understand it very well, it's not because I didn't get it or anything :rolleyes:) and definitely not worth all the attention it's getting. :vlol:

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 11:08
well, i apologize, then, but that's what you were making it seem like.

as for that... well, i have no control over that, lol. i use to like Twilight quite a bit, but now that it's become so overrated and retarded, i highly dislike it now. i think people need to get over their obsession with those movies for 5 seconds, and learn to accept that some people just don't like it and are going to give their feedback on it.

I'm not a big fan of Twilight either. But still I won't go and bash the Twilight thread. Ok you said your opinion, now cut it out.

Um, guys. Seriously.

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 11:11
i fail to understand how we're bashing it.

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 11:14
i fail to understand how we're bashing it.

LOLOLOL.

The last pages are all about you guys telling how boring and overated this movie is.

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 11:17
LOLOLOL.

The last pages are all about you guys telling how boring and overated this movie is.

it is overrated, dear. also, calling something boring isn't really bashing. it's not like we said "oh, this movie is so retarded" or "god, this movie should only be used to wipe someones ass"

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 11:25
also, calling something boring isn't really bashing. it's not like we said "oh, this movie is so retarded" or "god, this movie should only be used to wipe someones ass"

It's still a form of bashing something. You can't deny this.

it is overrated, dear.

It's still your opinion. It's not a true fact. How can it be overated when the critics are loving it?

The film opened to strongly positive reviews. Many critics have applauded Inception as a smart and innovative story, as well as the cast, score, and memorable action scenes.

I agree to this so much. Hell yeah it was an innovative story. The cast was excelent. And the action scenes were indeed MEMORABLE.

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 11:32
never seems to stop you when you have an opinion on a successful artist, now does it?

exactly, it's my opinion that it's overrated. sure, see it as bashing, but that is your problem, not mine. like i said; this is a thread for feedback, and apparently you can't handle if someone does not like this movie, and states their opinion on it, as you've made that quite clear.

if you consider someone calling something "boring" bashing, then i would hate to see if someone called something you like stupid - their head would probably go missing.

hey, everyone, you either like this movie, or just don't bother posting in this thread at all, kay?

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 11:37
never seems to stop you when you have an opinion on a successful artist, now does it?

hey, everyone, you either like this movie, or just don't bother posting in this thread at all, kay?

Why am I the one who is being called like I don't apreciate diferent opinions where it was ok when months ago this was happening in the Twilight thread?

Yeah it is for feedback but come on,

OMG Guys I am not the only one. YES This movie is SO overated HAHAH :vlol:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/MGMT/tumblr_ldwk5kETZw1qbumwro1_400.gif

Nemo_91
29-12-10, 11:42
I liked it, but I didn't think it was THAT good, really. I've seen some better films this year tbh.

Admles
29-12-10, 11:42
Stating an opinion is NOT bashing.

SkyPuppy
29-12-10, 11:47
Stating an opinion is NOT bashing.

thank you! atleast some people understand that.

Chocola teapot
29-12-10, 11:48
FFS People.

I love how these seemingly different and 'alternative' people call others out on not being able to take someone's opinion (Usually concerning musicians)

And they can't even take it themselves.

:vlol:

Lara Croft!
29-12-10, 11:52
Dina, I know how you feel. When I meet yet another person who didn't like Inception, I'm surprised myself. But it's a movie, it cannot be liked equally by all people.
Some who didn't like it may not even like that kind of movies. Or if you watch a movie once in a blue moon, then having your brain deal with a film like that... erhhmmm... I think the brain would skip up all the difficult parts of the plot and you would end up getting bored. Inception is not an easy film to watch, you have to be 100% there and think about the plot while the action happens. Not many movies do that to you, that's why I liked it so much.
Secondly, it's a movie that you should see 2 times, whether you liked it or not. You will get more answers as you will see some parts again.
I also believe that a fair amount of viewers that did not like that film, is because they didn't get it.
Because, if you are a fan of that kind of movies, you like action, innovative and complex plots, then there is no reason not to like Inception. The worst argument I have heard about this film was "I didn't like its complexity. Just because a film is complicated it doesn't make it a masterpiece" .Now, while this argument is true and valid, its opposite is also true. Just because a writer decided to come up with something different and mind-scratching, it doesn't mean that it cannot be a masterpiece.

robwolf666
29-12-10, 12:07
Is anyone excited for this yet? I sure am. Inception is a new sci-fi action thriller "set within the architecture of the mind", directed by "The Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan and starring Leonardo DiCaprio. I love the tagline, "Your Mind is the Scene of the Crime". So far not many details on the plot have been released, but it sure looks very intriguing. Have a look at the trailer:

RSyQ3K0xnYg
Sooo.... in other words it's The Matrix 4, without Keanu?

Cool...

Your_Envy*
29-12-10, 12:08
We don't like Inception.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2k/GO/1b6cCn0b/dealwithitdoggif.gif

Admles
29-12-10, 12:15
Also, I am tired of the whole attitude of "you don't like Inception because you didn't understand it"

Lara Croft!
29-12-10, 12:16
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PpNKNkdKU6g/TJRSzjLhp_I/AAAAAAAABpc/sOVZSLGbc6s/s1600/inception-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Inception-David-after-Dentist.jpg

Your_Envy*
29-12-10, 12:18
^ LMAO! :vlol: I love those pictures with Leo, always made me laugh. :vlol:

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 12:25
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PpNKNkdKU6g/TJRSzjLhp_I/AAAAAAAABpc/sOVZSLGbc6s/s1600/inception-HATERS-GONNA-HATE.jpg

This. So this.

We don't like Inception.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2k/GO/1b6cCn0b/dealwithitdoggif.gif

And we like Inception.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/Joseph%20Gordon%20Levitt/IeO5R.gif

Admles
29-12-10, 12:27
http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/3383/original/inceptionfreshprince.jpeg?1280542457

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 12:32
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l8n41yP2SX1qblixoo1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l5vz3hQwZP1qcis8vo1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6bl2forMD1qcbjrjo1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l7ic7rApXG1qbb6ugo1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l7nsv5WDwz1qcbjrjo1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l8koyjIP2f1qduuuxo1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l8ndqagXeV1qcjfrdo1_250.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l60uquxnea1qcis8vo1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l8zgek8mkz1qa4ihzo1_500.png

Oh I'm so loving the Arthur - Eames love thing lol.

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/3383/original/inceptionfreshprince.jpeg?1280542457

In case you're trolling, let me say that this meme was made by an Inception fan.

Your_Envy*
29-12-10, 12:34
^ :vlol:

Ahhh The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air! :jmp:

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 12:37
More meme SPAM. :D

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_lazf9wasLG1qeqmowo1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_la7e73AmCD1qbembco1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/cobbandfischer1.png

Admles
29-12-10, 13:05
In case you're trolling, let me say that this meme was made by an Inception fan.

I wasn't sweetie

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 13:15
I wasn't sweetie

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/tumblr_l7q6k72DXO1qbmhm6.gif

Gimme a hug, within a hug within a hug in a hug. :)

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/Inception-Memo-CobbxFischer-inception-2010-14731984-305-1131.jpg

Admles
29-12-10, 14:01
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/tumblr_l7q6k72DXO1qbmhm6.gif

Gimme a hug, within a hug within a hug in a hug. :)

*checks GIF size first*

:vlol: Love it :vlol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

(btw I notice you're very good at keeping under the GIF size limit)

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 14:03
*checks GIF size first*

:vlol: Love it :vlol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

(btw I notice you're very good at keeping under the GIF size limit)

I try, while others don't. :whi:

When I find a GIF I always check its size first. If it's big I only use it on the MGMT Forum.

Admles
29-12-10, 14:09
Theres one way to fix that.......

http://i54.************/20pyqtf.jpg

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 14:14
Theres one way to fix that.......

http://i54.************/20pyqtf.jpg

That is priceless.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Gifs/Joseph%20Gordon%20Levitt/2v0z9lu.gif

_Awestruck_
29-12-10, 14:39
http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4082971/You-were-supposed-to-come-for-dinner-tonight-Sorry-I-only-eat-with-asian-people.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Inception

http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/07/waiting-for-a-train-inception.png

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcff4vxAsB1qcal2wo1_400.gif

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcgje8Wuse1qbijm5o1_500.png

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lccr5h28ae1qbg4wbo1_500.png

http://inceptionmemes.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1655477547/1/tumblr_lcbj78Ujtl1qcqgnh

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lc1oz1r2uz1qajitdo1_500.jpg

/your scrollbars

:D

Dina_Croft
29-12-10, 14:47
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l7mt84GoFE1qd4gpjo1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l7j2c5sGsl1qd1ucjo1_400.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l7gzzgATur1qd4gpjo1_400.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l7ez2vU2QV1qd4gpjo1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6z58jP4ds1qcahcq.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6yy1gZKV51qd4gpjo1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6xkcud7Wn1qzpd3po1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6x0gfLdKu1qbyhl9o1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6wz16HZqj1qc6c5ro1_500.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6rnlzgMgi1qd4gpjo1_400.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6qrpbNVkf1qcun5go1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6pgs48ETJ1qb2etzo1_500.png

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l5vzmk9qxg1qa0880o1_400.jpg

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/t5k9z9.png

_Awestruck_
29-12-10, 14:50
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbql4uBeCq1qd7m1so1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbqzgm4tDt1qdbg4mo1_500.jpg

http://inceptionmemes.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1556470352/1/tumblr_lbri24Fw4K1qagpgb

And my personal favorite:

cUwf4OmGBTQ

Lara Croft!
29-12-10, 17:48
Also, I am tired of the whole attitude of "you don't like Inception because you didn't understand it"

It is true in many cases though. I remember 4 people I have talked to and they had missed on a lot of concepts of the movie. After I explained they were like "Ooooh riiiight. Well now it sounds better. I'll watch it again"

Admles
29-12-10, 17:56
Doesn't mean it's ALL cases, but in my experience, it's the first thing people say.

Watch it again? Ugh, I couldn't make myself sit through it again, and I love Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon Levitt, excellent actors.

Remember, I don't think it's a bad movie, but I just didn't enjoy it. Perhaps it wasn't the best movie to see after a 16 hour shift :vlol:

_Awestruck_
29-12-10, 17:57
It is true in many cases though. I remember 4 people I have talked to and they had missed on a lot of concepts of the movie. After I explained they were like "Ooooh riiiight. Well now it sounds better. I'll watch it again"

Some people just didn't bother getting it. I have friends who went to see it and thought it was horrible, where I've seen it seven times and I learn something new everytime, whether if it's something Saito says (because his accent if ****ing hard to understand at times :p), or it's a plot detail I'd missed prior.

Some people go into the movie expecting a blockbuster shooter movie and wind up disappointed because it's actually so much more than that. You have to sit there and be able to watch it in order to get it, and some people will see a movie because they were drawn to it by the pretty pictures in the TV spots and trailers. It's a film, made by a brilliant film maker.

I'm very passionate about this movie. Some people won't understand and actually want to like it, others will get it and love the hell out of it, and the ones left simply won't care.

Doesn't mean it's ALL cases, but in my experience, it's the first thing people say.

Watch it again? Ugh, I couldn't make myself sit through it again, and I love Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon Levitt, excellent actors.

Remember, I don't think it's a bad movie, but I just didn't enjoy it. Perhaps it wasn't the best movie to see after a 16 hour shift :vlol:

Ellen and JGL are amazing actors, but there were a handful of people who were much better in my opinion. The whole cast across the board was brilliant if you ask me.

Lara Croft!
29-12-10, 18:16
Perhaps it wasn't the best movie to see after a 16 hour shift :vlol:

Definitely not!

Aphrodite22
29-12-10, 20:54
And my personal favorite:

cUwf4OmGBTQ

omg :vlol:

jbrown013
29-12-10, 21:20
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7230/icneptionmeme2.jpg

http://i29.************/6h7or5.png

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l60izuahC81qcbjrjo1_400.png

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5xdkfwlYe1qahs88o1_400.jpg

Jedd Fletcher
30-12-10, 10:06
This definitely can't compare, but I thought it would be a good idea at the time.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs076.snc6/168643_494483672121_634852121_5808889_7667465_n.jp g

Liara
30-12-10, 10:32
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Inception/tumblr_l6qrpbNVkf1qcun5go1_500.png

This would be absolutely amazing on a T-shirt.

Dina_Croft
30-12-10, 11:32
This would be absolutely amazing on a T-shirt.

Oh yes. I might do it. Lol. :vlol:

Jedd Fletcher
30-12-10, 16:49
I couldn't resist.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs020.snc6/166997_494636012121_634852121_5811463_680563_n.jpg

Reckless Lara
01-01-11, 10:07
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/Anastasia187/tumblr_l6uaiwujgW1qc0m6fo1_500.jpg

Lara Croft!
01-01-11, 15:00
If you could experience that yourself, like the girl architect or like Leo and his wife, would you do it? I bet it would be really exciting to build your own world. But do you think that you might get addicted to it like his wife?
If I had the chance I would try it, but I would set a limit. E.g only once a year. For 3 days inside the dream.

_Awestruck_
01-01-11, 15:24
I would and probably never come back. It'd be too surreal for me to want to return to reality, unless I get really miserable like Cobb did.

Jedd Fletcher
02-01-11, 08:24
What is scary about the film is how some viewers can believe the idea that their entire world is a simulation, a dream. Now don't look at me like that, there are plenty of Avatar fans who fell into a deep depression after watching the film, sad that Earth is not like Pandora.

This is frighteningly true for those who suffer from "derealisation", a psychological state of delusion whereby the sufferer is convinced that "reality isn't reality". "Derealisation", "depersonalisation" and "disassociative disorder" occurr mainly to those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and some other kinds of mental illness. Imagine if they saw the film, and it convinced them to kill themselves in order to escape "the dream". Brr.

robm_2007
02-01-11, 08:46
Imagine if they saw the film, and it convinced them to kill themselves in order to escape "the dream". Brr.

I did it, and I'm okay ;)

Go ahead and try it at home, kids!

Delamo1999
02-01-11, 18:51
I saw this movie in the theatre. I really liked it. I highly recommend it.

:)

Encore
02-01-11, 18:55
If you could experience that yourself, like the girl architect or like Leo and his wife, would you do it? I bet it would be really exciting to build your own world. But do you think that you might get addicted to it like his wife?
If I had the chance I would try it, but I would set a limit. E.g only once a year. For 3 days inside the dream.

I would feel dangerously tempted, as by nature I'm an extremely "escapist" person and I have very vivid imagination and dreams. It's why Mal's story was particularly disturbing for me.