PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park 4 movie - A New Reboot Trilogy

Shark_Blade
14-01-10, 14:38
Jurassic Park 3 director Joe Johnston says a fourth Jurassic Park 4 film is coming and it will start a whole new trilogy.

Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And itís going to be unlike anything youíve seen. It breaks away from the first threeóitís essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. Itís going to be done in a completely different way. Thatís pretty much all I can tell you.

If you think of the first three as a trilogy, number four would be the beginning of a second trilogy.

http://filmonic.com/joe-johnston-says-there-is-going-to-be-a-jurassic-park-iv-2013

TombRaiderLover
14-01-10, 14:40
I'm hoping by new trilogy he means "Star Wars Episodes I-III"-type new trilogy (albeit better.) If they're rebooting the storyline altogether, I'll be so irritated. The number of reboots and remakes coming out is ridiculous.

Carbonek_0051
14-01-10, 14:41
^What this wise boy said.

LightningRider
14-01-10, 14:41
I never really cared, but I duly hope it's not another of those... "remakes and reboots." :rolleyes:

Ward Dragon
14-01-10, 14:44
If it's a sequel that starts a new story arc, that's okay with me. If they intend to erase the original movie, they can go get eaten by the T. rex :p

TombRaiderLover
14-01-10, 14:44
^What this wise boy said.

:mis:

I'm hoping they don't delay the upcoming Trilogy Blu-ray release to coincide with the fourth film, but then I don't think they will. An Alien prequel is in the works, but Fox are continuing to release the Quadrilogy later this year. :)

Shark_Blade
14-01-10, 14:46
Reboots seems so out of hand nowadays. Have showbiz ran out of fresh new ideas that they have to reboot every successful movies? Seems nothing is sacred anymore.

Word is, this new movie will be in 3D and that'll be their selling point.

digitizedboy
14-01-10, 14:47
It seems nothing escapes...

Rivendell
14-01-10, 14:47
As long as it's not the unbelievably stupid idea of trained-dino-soldiers-with-guns, fine!

Carbonek_0051
14-01-10, 14:49
As long as it's not the unbelievably stupid idea of trained-dino-soldiers-with-guns, fine!

Nah, they wouldn't. Would they?

Rivendell
14-01-10, 14:49

Nah, they wouldn't. Would they?

The idea was toyed with a few years ago! :( I hope they don't go back to it!

Ward Dragon
14-01-10, 14:50

Seriously? :eek: I know the Velociraptors are smart and all, but guns seems like a bit of overkill :p

Greenkey2
14-01-10, 14:50
*scrape, scrape, scrape*

Yep, that's this barrel well and truly done for :rolleyes:

Carbonek_0051
14-01-10, 14:51

Oh god, really?!:vlol:

Yeah, I definitely won't even consider seeing it if they go with that idea.:p

MiCkiZ88
14-01-10, 14:51
Absolutely loved the first two movies, but.. I am not certain if they can achieve the same quality of the first.

Dennis's Mom
14-01-10, 14:56
If it's a sequel that starts a new story arc, that's okay with me. If they intend to erase the original movie, they can go get eaten by the T. rex :p

Totally agree. And we have just the member who can do it. :D

Evan C.
14-01-10, 15:00
I just had a dream with lots and lots of dinosaurs,I can't believe it.
AMAZING NEWS!!! :D

Fallen.Angel
14-01-10, 15:03
YAY!! I just hope it's true, I'm kind of sick of waiting to see if it's going to happen or not. There have been rumors for years now.

erreway
14-01-10, 15:15
I loved the movies :)
And i can't wait for the new JP !
I hope it's going to be good.

ajrich17901
14-01-10, 15:18
Never liked the series to begin with, not shocking to see them doing the reboot thing either lmao.

Phys
14-01-10, 15:23
Why are so many movies being rebooted lately :confused:

Dark Lugia 2
14-01-10, 15:23
Awesome! excited. :D If its a new trilogy like they say then I cant see it being bad. If it is, meh, the first trilogy lives. :D

People in this thread are saying its a reboot? It doesnt say that anywhere... it says new trilogy. :confused:

xXhayleyroxXx
14-01-10, 15:26
i hope its good - iv always liked the ideas in the films

I'll be interested enough to watch it certaintly.

Shark_Blade
14-01-10, 15:29
Awesome! excited. :D If its a new trilogy like they say then I cant see it being bad. If it is, meh, the first trilogy lives. :D

People in this thread are saying its a reboot? It doesnt say that anywhere... it says new trilogy. :confused:
Yes it is. Go to the link I posted in my first post. :)

It breaks away from the first three—it’s essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy.
e.g. Michael Nolan's Batman Begins trilogy is the second Batman trilogy, breaking away from the original 4.
e.g. Just like CD's tr a second tr trilogy, breaking away from the first 6 Core's tr.

Dark Lugia 2
14-01-10, 15:34
Yes it is. Go to the link I posted in my first post. :)

I did go to the link :p That says a second trilogy, not a reboot... I'm assuming its a completely new trilogy?

corey01
14-01-10, 15:34
Cools :D I love Jurassic Park trillogy :D

I can see it being all military though, instead of tourist people, being the main characters...if that makes sense :|

Shark_Blade
14-01-10, 15:37
I did go to the link :p That says a second trilogy, not a reboot... I'm assuming its a completely new trilogy?
Yes, a new trilogy. I've edited my last post.

Dark Lugia 2
14-01-10, 15:44
Yes, a new trilogy. I've edited my last post.

Ohh I see :D thanks for the info! Hope this one takes a turn in a good direction...

AmericanAssassin
14-01-10, 15:45
I'm hoping by new trilogy he means "Star Wars Episodes I-III"-type new trilogy (albeit better.) If they're rebooting the storyline altogether, I'll be so irritated. The number of reboots and remakes coming out is ridiculous.

Exactly. :tmb: I want to see some familiar faces. I'm sick of all the new ****. I don't want remakes. I'd rather see sequels. :pi:

ShadyCroft
14-01-10, 16:19
Yes it is. Go to the link I posted in my first post.

e.g. Michael Nolan's Batman Begins trilogy is the second Batman trilogy, breaking away from the original 4.
e.g. Just like CD's tr a second tr trilogy, breaking away from the first 6 Core's tr.

See here, regarding Batman and TR, both versions had the same main character. TR classics and the new ones have Lara, same with the old Batmans and the new ones.

However, in JP, all the characters moved on and if they made a new one with newer characters, it wouldn't be a total reboot or as if they scraped the first ones...as long as they make references to the old movies, it would be fine.
Also, if they keep in mind that Dinos exist and it all began from this island it wouldn't be a fresh start. If however the new one started with no dinos and later introduced the dinos as if they weren't around before, that would be a reboot of course and would be sad. :(

Dennis's Mom
14-01-10, 17:37
Why are so many movies being rebooted lately :confused:

Cuz it's a new buzzword. It's a way to convince people you're not rehashing familiar territory.

interstellardave
14-01-10, 17:41
I've mostly just enjoyed what they've done with the dinosaurs in these movies. They are not so deep, character-wise, or story-wise, that a reboot would scare me. These movies are just terrific action fun, IMO!

asherz
14-01-10, 17:46
Yay! I love the Jurassic Park films.

igonge
14-01-10, 17:49
Reboot... *sighs*

da tomb raider!
14-01-10, 17:53
After patiently waiting about 5 years for a sequel, consider me uninterested. I don't like reboots to begin with, and if they're going to pretend that the previous Jurassic Park universe doesn't exist (and I'm assuming that that's what they're going to do), then I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that the reboot doesn't exist, so there. And if it's essentially a sequel under the old "New Trilogy" name, then I might be slightly more interested, but it's still bound to be in a different style and whatnot (judging by the comments in actual report, anyway). Ah, well. At least I've always got the first three films on VHS!

In any case, thinking about it, even if it was going to be another actual sequel, it probably wouldn't be the same anyway. Stan Winston and Michael Crichton wouldn't be likely to have anything to do with it, and they had a heck of a lot of input in the past films. Any new films aren't likely to be the same or as good, I reckon. Ah, well. At least I've always got the first three films on VHS!

Jo269976
14-01-10, 18:12
Another reboot? :rolleyes:

interstellardave
14-01-10, 18:16
I don't see the word "reboot" in the article, unless I missed it. It certainly doesn't sound as if they are overriding the first 3 films; they are simply starting a new story-arch that doesn't involve the original island.

I'm not sure "reboot", and all that implies, is accurate from what little we know.

tranniversary119
14-01-10, 19:21
I'm a HUGE fan of the films & dinosaurs in general. I've been waiting quite a long time for this movie, and just like the third TR film news pops up once in a while and then you don't hear about it for another couple of years. I'm not getting my hopes up, basically because it will probably suck or it wont come out for another 10 years. But, glad they're finally "making it".

miss.haggard
14-01-10, 19:30
All I hope for is raptors. Lots and lots of raptors.

Minty Mouth
14-01-10, 19:42
Another reboot? :rolleyes:
Reboots are the new sequel! :D

Jo269976
14-01-10, 20:08
Reboots are the new sequel! :D

Remakes are the new Originality
http://**********************************/images/e/e3/Awesomebuu.png

ShadyCroft
14-01-10, 20:21
^ Quick !! Delete that ghost emoticon off your post or some one will see it and suggest a Casper remake. :o

Catapharact
14-01-10, 20:54
I think I might be one of the few people who actually felt kinda sorry for INGEN after the Isla Nublar incident. They got sabotauged from the inside out. And offcourse, the next movie HAD to take the side of hippy goofs and tree huggers :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I am in no way interested in a sequel. Jurrasic Park 3 failed to bring in the crowds and seeing how the New Terminator movie failed to revive the interest in the Terminator franchise (which BTW offered tons of possibilities character developement and plot wise compared to Jurrasic park,) you can sure bet I am skeptical about the success of this venture.

silver_wolf
14-01-10, 20:56
Ooooh, please don't F this up. I loves me some dinos.

Tomb Raider Jay
14-01-10, 21:13
I love the JP series, loved 1 the most still... lol I thought for some weird reasons there was two blonde woman in the movie - silly me Elle just took off her shirt thingy :cln:

I though David Boreanez was to be in JP4 and Neil Patrick Harris... maybe they can still be there, both guys are extremely HOT AND BUFF!!

Oh I need a wet towel, saucy lols I loves being back on the forum, it's been so long :hug:

ThatNorskChick
14-01-10, 21:13
Well if they can make another kickass dinosaur movie, I'm all for it.

The only one I truly loved was the first one. The second was pretty good, but the third was suck.

Tombraiderx08
14-01-10, 21:15
hmmm idc if its a reboot because jurassic park was pretty amazing? :D

egypt_gypsie
14-01-10, 21:19
If they do a reboot, they have officially lost their minds...

I heard the Keira Knightley was going to be playing the lead female a while back...when the rumors were going around..

Apparently Steven Speilberg approached her about it after seeing her in Bend It Like Beckham....

Tomb Raider Jay
14-01-10, 21:34
If they do a reboot, they have officially lost their minds...

I heard the Keira Knightley was going to be playing the lead female a while back...when the rumors were going around..

Apparently Steven Speilberg approached her about it after seeing her in Bend It Like Beckham....

M.Y G.O.D she was fugly skinny and awful in that movie :(

Please No!

An all male cast, filled with rippling torso action and muscles... that's my dream come true :p Maybe SMG could be the lead lady, what a super ***** she was in Cruel Intentions

Love2Raid
14-01-10, 21:36
As long as they don't do a remake of the previous movies, it's fine by me.
I'm actually quite happy they are doing another dino movie, I like dinos. :D

Jurassic Park was epic though, nothing will beat that one.

lara c. fan
14-01-10, 21:38
Tell you what we need.
A Casper remake.
*thinks*
That would actually be quite good :p

Candee Sparks
14-01-10, 23:24
The term "reboot" just needs to be outlawed. So sick of every movie franchise supposedly being "rebooted" and for what? Different faces in the same setting? How often do any of these "reboots" even succeed or even make it past the planning process anyway?

2kool4u
14-01-10, 23:38

Hahahahahaha good joke1!1111!!! No really.......i hope that was a joke >_>

I was actually just watching the first one with my baby brother. Damn that was a good movie.

silver_wolf
14-01-10, 23:42
no, that wasn't a joke. it was an actual idea.

just*raidin*tomb
15-01-10, 00:23
How many reboots does this make? Hell, the entire world should reboot! Let's all start over.

patriots88888
15-01-10, 00:26
How many reboots does this make? Hell, the entire world should reboot! Let's all start over.

The real question is, how many will go see it? It seems all that really matters these days is the cha ching!

Catapharact
15-01-10, 00:37

Anyone remember TRON?

Well... Meet... THE REMAKE!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp9rqcoHLNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp9rqcoHLNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Candee Sparks
15-01-10, 01:31
Anyone remember TRON?

Well... Meet... THE REMAKE!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp9rqcoHLNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qp9rqcoHLNE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

That's not a remake, its a sequel?

MattTR
15-01-10, 01:46
Sounds good, hope they do it right.. ;)

Rawr.

amiro1989
15-01-10, 02:25
Loooove it. Was waiting for this for freaking years. Hopefully, it won't be something stupid.

tranniversary119
15-01-10, 02:46
I hope it's actually gonna go through. The movie's been in development hell for a nine or so years now, but it's good were getting "some" news on it.

Jedd Fletcher
15-01-10, 06:37
I loved the Jurassic Park films as I was crazy about dinosaurs growing up as a kid. However, I don't really want a reboot. I want a sequel with Steven Spielberg back at the helm and Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum returning with a new storyline. I'm not sure what the remake will cover as the original film already talked about the origin of Jurassic Park.