PDA

View Full Version : Internet Arguing Techniques

silver_wolf
15-01-10, 22:43
Here (http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-argument-techniques/)
Sooooooooo true.

spikejones
15-01-10, 22:45
I win, you loose - end of discussion ;)

Surohicko
15-01-10, 22:46
No i win, and you all Lose :p

lara c. fan
15-01-10, 22:48
That's amazing :vlol:

Eddie Haskell
15-01-10, 22:49
Yeah, I wrote that article. Gonna prove me wrong? :D

spikejones
15-01-10, 22:58

yessuh Mr. Tree.

Chocola teapot
15-01-10, 23:05
I win, Because I care :)

:hug: To everyone in thread.

Love2Raid
15-01-10, 23:11
Hahaha, I love this!
I have seen some good examples on this forum too. The 'examples' the author has used (apparently not real ones, otherwise I wouldn't be able to speak right now or wouldn't be able to type this, LOL) are hilarious.

Thanks for posting. :D

Reggie
15-01-10, 23:11
Now who does this best on TRF eh? eh? :mis:

Lizard of Oz
15-01-10, 23:12

I will prove you wrong:

I wrote it.

tomblover
15-01-10, 23:13
The haus of fail approves. :whi:

Love2Raid
15-01-10, 23:14
I will prove you wrong:

I wrote it.
No you didn't. Are you going to put another twig on your head now? :vlol:
:mis:

Ward Dragon
15-01-10, 23:18

I will prove you wrong:

I wrote it.

Come on now, everybody knows that the article spontaneously combusted out of thin air. Of course I meant generated. Why would I have said combusted? Well actually if you look at the 17th and 23rd definitions respectively, you'll see those two words actually mean the same thing, so I knew what I was doing all along. QED! :pi:

Eddie Haskell
15-01-10, 23:31
yessuh Mr. Tree.

Come on now, everybody knows that the article spontaneously combusted out of thin air. Of course I meant generated. Why would I have said combusted? Well actually if you look at the 17th and 23rd definitions respectively, you'll see those two words actually mean the same thing, so I knew what I was doing all along. QED! :pi:

No, really! And I also invented the internet. Yep, that's it...that's the ticket... ;)

TRfan23
16-01-10, 00:02
No, really! And I also invented the internet. Yep, that's it...that's the ticket... ;)

I invented the computer for you to make the Internet under my name ;) Which you didn't put on :smk:

snork
16-01-10, 00:04
... post my ***** **** epic poem ...
:eek: I had no idea paperdoll was into writing poetry.

;D

Mad Tony
16-01-10, 00:26
No, really! And I also invented the internet. Yep, that's it...that's the ticket... ;)No Al Gore did.

Eddie Haskell
16-01-10, 00:42
No Al Gore did.

That's true, but this is one time that George Bush actually beat Al Gore, Bush invented the Internets... :)

Mad Tony
16-01-10, 00:43
That's true, but this is one time that George Bush actually beat Al Gore, Bush invented the Internets... :)Yeah well there's that and the election :D

Eddie Haskell
16-01-10, 00:49
Yeah well there's that and the election :D

Yeah, one guy got more votes, and the other guy cried to the Supreme Court. :D

Mad Tony
16-01-10, 01:04
Yeah, one guy got more votes, and the other guy cried to the Supreme Court. :DOne guy got more votes, but the other guy won fair and square by electoral college votes. :D

silver_wolf
16-01-10, 01:37
Hey up there! You two, knock it off!:mad:

Mr.Burns
16-01-10, 02:47
Blah blah blah. :p I like number 8 :D

rowanlim
16-01-10, 02:52
:vlol:

I don't think I've ever indulged in any of the methods :whi:

spikejones
16-01-10, 02:59
Blah blah blah. :p I like number 8 :D

there's no such thing.

Catapharact
16-01-10, 03:33
Pfft... Amatures.

When asserting one's importance on ze intrawebz, one must trample over the fragile self-worths of all those computer cuffed pimple faces by placing one's self importance at a level where others can't reach.

Ergo I once again quote the guide of my mentor... The Street Wise Professor:

It seems to me that many of you noobs need to learn a little of my world-class assertiveness. I assure you, before you ask, my assertiveness truely IS world class. No, I don't have to prove it! You'll take my word for it, and you'll like it! Thus, I'm going to give you a quick crash course in the art of primadonnahood. Which is a word because I SAID so. When we're done here, you'll all be able to give Borfase and I run for our self-centered money. Or you'll at least THINK so. WE'LL know the truth. Remember, I'm presenting these rules in the first person, so you can follow in my glorious footsteps. Try to keep up.

Rule# 1. I'M number one.

When you're the greatest thing on the planet, reminding yourself how awesome you are
is seldom necessary. But, I do it anyway. One of the best ways to do this is by keeping a large selection of quality pictures of myself at the ready, for my own enjoyment, and that of my millions of loyal fans. I keep similar photos in my wallet, where lesser folk keep pictures of their familiy and loved ones. Sure, I have family, but my primary function is to inform others of my awesomeness. I will not be deterred.

http://people.1up.com/media?id=1865359&type=lg

http://static.flickr.com/21/32169315_7b8650d4a2.jpg?v=0

Note: That last pic is an excellent example of my uniqueness and courage. No one's going to tell me the proper way to ride a plastic seahorse! You're not the boss of SwP!!

Rule #2 Use of Third Person

This is similar to the royal WE. The main distinction is that there IS NO WE. There is only ME. Deal. The premise is thus: When one speaks in third person, one maintains an appropriate distance from others, allowing one to dispense wisdom and judgement from on high.

Examples:

Random Person: "I like peanut butter."

SwP: "The SwP isn't down with that action. He DISLIKES peanut butter.."

Note: The SwP actually DOES like peanut butter. He just didn't want to allow a normal person to think that they had something in COMMON with him. It's all about image, people!

Rule #3 There's no such thing as too much positive feedback.

This rule is important. Positive feedback is how we know when we're doing a good enough job of imposing our awesomeness on others. An average day for a good prima donna involves at least four different people becoming wildly excited to see you through the course of the day. In IRC, this manifests itself in long exclamation point strings. One can measure one's importance based on the lenght of the string. I'd like to note here, taht the SwP rarely achieves fewer than 10 points for each of his strings. Uh-HUH. You heard the SwP. Aspire to be like me.

I'm going to truncate this post, so that you lot may absorb what you can, without risk of mental meltdown, or ego eruption. Remember, working to my level of greatness requires baby steps. And the ability to run away from those who can't comprehend my greatness. Because nothing hurts those closeup glamour shots like black eyes, and swollen lips. :P

Paddy
16-01-10, 03:40
Pfft... Amatures.

When asserting one's importance on ze intrawebz, one must trample over the fragile self-worths of all those computer cuffed pimple faces by placing one's self importance at a level where others can't reach.

WTF is that?
I believe I have however heard of the term amateur :p

Catapharact
16-01-10, 03:41
Pfft... The Cat doesn't accepts the mainstream version of that word. Hence you shall accept my version. If you truly are cool, you shall do as the Cat says.

Paddy
16-01-10, 03:43
Nah I dont respect your authority :p I shall do what I want when I want.

knightgames
16-01-10, 04:03
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/knightgames/someoneswrong2.jpg

Paddy
16-01-10, 04:08
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/knightgames/someoneswrong2.jpg

I loled :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
16-01-10, 04:09
This is really funny. :vlol: Arguing on the internet is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. A friend of mine gets into huge, heated "arguments" on YouTube... It's the stupidest thing. I will never understand the appeal.

Paddy
16-01-10, 04:26
This is really funny. :vlol: Arguing on the internet is like bringing a knife to a gun fight. A friend of mine gets into huge, heated "arguments" on YouTube... It's the stupidest thing. I will never understand the appeal.

The idiots on youtube arent even worth arguing to haha.
Most of them are a bunch of dumb****s.

spikejones
16-01-10, 04:49
Pfft... Amatures.

I smell Genetic Fallacy, and at least two sub-fallacies thereof ;)

Dream_Raider
16-01-10, 06:45
I loled @ this thread, really awesome!! :D

xXhayleyroxXx
16-01-10, 09:36
haha! i have to say - a hell of a lot of you guys do some of these!

it's not just me who sees how silly it is :p

Paddy
16-01-10, 09:38
haha! i have to say - a hell of a lot of you guys do some of these!

it's not just me who sees how silly it is :p

Agreed, some of the arguing that goes on is plain childish :p

xXhayleyroxXx
16-01-10, 09:40
Agreed, some of the arguing that goes on is plain childish :p

i know, now when it's directed at me i let them know then leave it - its stupid :p

jackles
16-01-10, 13:21
*reads*

*smirks*

*assigns labels*

*leaves*

lara c. fan
16-01-10, 13:24
*reads*

*smirks*

*assigns labels*

*leaves*

And who has these labels assigned to them? :p

jackles
16-01-10, 13:29
*taps side of nose*

I couldn't possibly say.

:p

I'm joking anyway.

lara c. fan
16-01-10, 13:30
*taps side of nose*

I couldn't possibly say.

:p

I'm joking anyway.

You're always mysterious :pi:

igonge
16-01-10, 13:50
I find myself doing some of these sometimes... But I'm clearly The President and I can do what I want :pi:

touchthesky
16-01-10, 14:06
Haha, that was funny.

Ban me! I demand to be banned because I couldn't possibly leave and never come back...:o

Dennis's Mom
16-01-10, 15:36
I think Hitler wrote it. :D

Knightgames, that cartoon is priceless---and so true! http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/smilies/18.gif

scoopy_loopy
16-01-10, 16:17
:vlol: It's funny because it's ever so true!

Encore
16-01-10, 16:30
I think numbers 2, 4 and 7 are very common in TRF :whi:

Trigger_happy
16-01-10, 16:49
I think Hitler wrote it. :D

I'm surprised nothing was said about Hitler. Its worrying how true some of their examples are.

Dennis's Mom
16-01-10, 17:10
What's really worrying is that "winning" is the primary objective of the discussion.

Explorer
16-01-10, 17:25
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/knightgames/someoneswrong2.jpg[IMG]

Haha! great one :D

The idiots on youtube arent even worth arguing to haha.
Most of them are a bunch of dumb****s.

I often hide the comments when viewing a video on there, I haven't got time for vitriolic arguments ...

What's really worrying is that "winning" is the primary objective of the discussion.

Indeed :(