PDA

View Full Version : Your worst ever TV adverts?

TR FAN 18
17-01-10, 20:05
So, 2010 has arrived and has brought along with it MORE RUBBISH ADVERTS that make you want to smash your telly.

What are your WORST TV ads?

Here are mine:

GoCompare - This has got to be not just the most annoying TV ad of 2009/10 but also probably most annoying in HISTORY! :mad: Why do we need FIVE versions of these ads with a very annoying opera singer belting out the words "GO COMPAAAARE!?!" Everytime it comes on, I'm forced to mute this rubbish.

ALL Cash for Gold ads - Seriously, this rubbish just screams SCAM! Why is Dale Winton in a Cash My Gold ad?! :hea: If I had any unwanted Gold then I'm not gonna send it to these rip off merchants!

Halifax - I have hated all Halifax adverts in the past but this latest one were they are pretending to be a radio station is just AWFUL! :mad:
What the ad is saying is that their account gives you an extra 5 each month but you have to pay in 1,000 EVERY month. Why would 5 make anyone want to Hi 5? This works out as 0.05% which really is just tiny.

Envirofone - Yeah, I'd like to see ANYONE get 150 from these people. I've tried entering a few phones on there and the highest I came across was like 15. I'm guessing you only get 150 if it's a brand new iPhone or something like that.
Also, the guy who shouts "WONGA!" really does my head in! :hea:

Webuyanycar - Very annoying song and stupid dancers make me NEVER want to use this service.

ALL 118 service ads - I seriously can't see why anyone would want to use this directory service on the phone as the costs are just beyond :cen: ridiculous and this can be done FREE online. One of the ads I saw said it costs 40p PER MINUTE and a 99p connection charge. So after one minute that's already cost 1.39. Just why?

NHS - I am just sick to death of seeing an NHS ad every time. All these "quit smoking" ads are just very annoying especially the one with CHILDREN. Argh, I just hate ads that use kids. :mad:

Dulco Ease - Disgusting advert. Why are these women at a CAFE table discussing their toilet problems?!

Activia - I'm am really getting sick of seeing ads that make up scentific gibberish like "Bifidus Actiregularis." What the heck is that supposed to be?! Just hearing the words "Tummy Loving Care" makes me want to go INSANE! :hea:

There are more but these are my most annoying.

Chocola teapot
17-01-10, 20:08
GoCompare - This has got to be not just the most annoying TV ad of 2009/10 but also probably most annoying in HISTORY! :mad: Why do we need FIVE versions of these ads with a very annoying opera singer belting out the words "GO COMPAAAARE!?!" Everytime it comes on, I'm forced to mute this rubbish.

Good Lord, Pass me a shotgun.

EDIT: http://www.giocompario.com/

digitizedboy
17-01-10, 20:14
^ hahah my thoughts exactly!

mind
17-01-10, 20:17
The one created by Slovakian T-Mobile. Carols singers meet a girl on the street and sing her a message from her boyfriend: Hi, Cristina, my parents have gone away for a weekend, should I fill up a bath tub?
I hate it so much that Ive transformed it into: Hi, Cristina, my parents have gone away for a weekend, should I fill up a bath tub, or there will be hardcore sex only?
SO embarassing

marla_biggs
17-01-10, 20:21
So bad it's good:

a0-2n8JHc1M

TRhalloween
17-01-10, 20:24
I think it's Boots or something:

Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls.

Shut up! :cen:

Surohicko
17-01-10, 20:25
9DgsKGFwYjY

Oh just go away :hea:

marla_biggs
17-01-10, 20:27
Will I receive 100 PERCENT OF THE COMPENSATION? :mad::hea:

YES, definitely. ;)

Surohicko
17-01-10, 20:29
Those ****ing Bingo adverts, i mean how many bingo websites are there now?

@Marla: Compensation Adverts :rolleyes:

Jo269976
17-01-10, 20:29
So bad it's good:

a0-2n8JHc1M

OMG, not him, he reminds me of some little troll thing, more specifically, Roland from Sabrina.

http://fonollimanagement.com/PhilFondacaro/pfSabrinaRolandTrollBride-l.gif

Mad Tony
17-01-10, 20:30
4Ust9YBlEfY

Nemo_91
17-01-10, 20:33
^ Oh dear...

marla_biggs
17-01-10, 20:46
Simples :)

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 20:50
awww i love compare the market :p anyway for me its the army advert - the cash4gold advert & the safestyle uk one

urghhh

Mad Tony
17-01-10, 20:51
awww i love compare the market :p anyway for me its the army advert - the cash4gold advert & the safestyle uk one

urghhhWhy does everybody love it though? It's so annoying.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 20:53
Why does everybody love it though? It's so annoying.

coz of alexander the meerkat :p with his bubble bath :p

Eddie Haskell
17-01-10, 20:55
I challenge any of you to beat this one. It cannot be done... :D

O4-e4nlfdRI

Jo269976
17-01-10, 20:57

O4-e4nlfdRI

That's some Academy Award winning acting there.

Surohicko
17-01-10, 20:58
Wow, that's corny :p

Lara's Nemesis
17-01-10, 20:58
Any of the secure loan adverts with that ***** Carol Vorderman.:mad:

Anajrob
17-01-10, 20:59
Well every detergent advert can be worst, tbh XD

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:01
EDIT: I agree about the loan adverts

I've thought of another one - the one where theres that old guy in the cafe saying 'let me see if i can google a decent cup of tea/bacon sandwich'

urghh shut up

Minimus
17-01-10, 21:03
The loreal (or however it's spelt) advert with Cheryl Cole. I just ate, thank you very much.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:05
The loreal (or however it's spelt) advert with Cheryl Cole. I just ate, thank you very much.

what dont u like about it :p

Minimus
17-01-10, 21:10
what dont u like about it :p

It even says at the end that they used hair extentions (it's obvious they used much more than that) and she's generally annoying.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:11
It even says at the end that they used hair extentions (it's obvious they used much more than that) and she's generally annoying.

oh right yeh - well its all photoshopped anyway

Mad Tony
17-01-10, 21:12
what dont u like about it :pShe has such an annoying accent.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:13
She has such an annoying accent.

u said that to annoy me right?

Lara Fan 4Life
17-01-10, 21:14
She has such an annoying accent.

I love Cheryl's voice! :p

Mad Tony
17-01-10, 21:14
u said that to annoy me right?No :confused: I really do think she has a really annoying accent.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:16
No :confused: I really do think she has a really annoying accent.

Look at my location.

Your_Envy*
Every detergent powder advert. They drive me insane. >.<

Mad Tony
Look at my location.Yes, I know where you live, but just because you're from Newcastle and probably happen to have a similar accent to Cheryl Cole that doesn't mean me finding her accent annoying is a jab at you.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:19
Yes, I know where you live, but just because you're from Newcastle and probably happen to have a similar accent to Cheryl Cole that doesn't mean me finding her accent annoying is a jab at you.

It's the same accent at the end of the day. I have the same accent but weak, Cheryl's is strong.

Mad Tony
17-01-10, 21:21
It's the same accent at the end of the day. I have the same accent but weak, Cheryl's is strong.So? Look, I find her accent annoying. It is not a jab at you. Stop trying to play the victim.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:24
So? Look, I find her accent annoying. It is not a jab at you. Stop trying to play the victim.

hmmm, well im not apoligising for it getting at me.
its like saying someone hated the scottish accent - a lot of people would be like woah what?

however, move on

TombRaiderLover
17-01-10, 21:25
I don't understand why people find the Compare the "Meerkat" ads amusing. HAHAHAHA, MEERKAT SOUNDS SLIGHTLY SIMILAR TO MARKET-no . . . I find them rather annoying, personally. :p

Nemo_91
17-01-10, 21:26

O4-e4nlfdRI

Oh my god. :vlol:

Joely-Moley
17-01-10, 21:27
I think it's Boots or something:

Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls. Her come the girls, girls, girls, girls, girls.
Shut up! :cen:

YES. It is so irritating.

Also every 118-118 advert ever made.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:28
YES. It is so irritating.

Also every 118-118 advert ever made.

it annoys me how the 118 people have one big eye and one little

:cln:

HappyShannon
17-01-10, 21:31
Compare The Meerkat.

I found it hilarious at first, but now it's starting to get on my nerves.

snork
17-01-10, 21:32
OMG! :eek: So that's what you do for a living.

Seriously, that was really bad.

I don't know about your countries, but over here from roughly midnight on they have ads for "phone-sex" and such.

The most famous one was a woman in black leather with a whip, whipping it in sync with the text : "Call! Me! Now!" 0190-whatever.

I don't know the very most ads / stuff that is advertised you all mentioned.

But activia - In one of their ads, what they basically are saying is - would I eat that, I could better fart. :vlol:
Wording is different though.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:34
^^ did you know theres crushed beetles in activia? nomnom...urm not

Joely-Moley
17-01-10, 21:35
it annoys me how the 118 people have one big eye and one little

:cln:

I usually just mute it or throw the remote at the T.V when they come on.:p

Oh, I just remembered the Churchill adverts drive me crazy.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:35
I usually just mute it, or throw the remote at the T.V when they come on.:p

Oh I just remembered, the Churchill adverts drive me crazy.

hahaha yeh they intensely annoy me too

Mad Tony
17-01-10, 21:38
hmmm, well im not apoligising for it getting at me.
its like saying someone hated the scottish accent - a lot of people would be like woah what?

however, move onYeah but I said I hated a specific person's accent. So no, it's not like saying I hate the Scottish accent because that's a whole group of people.

I don't understand why people find the Compare the "Meerkat" ads amusing. HAHAHAHA, MEERKAT SOUNDS SLIGHTLY SIMILAR TO MARKET-no . . . I find them rather annoying, personally. :pOMG THIS! :p

xXhayleyroxXx
17-01-10, 21:39
Yeah but I said I hated a specific person's accent. So no, it's not like saying I hate the Scottish accent because that's a whole group of people.

OMG THIS! :p

you're really not getting the point ... just leave it

Mona Sax
17-01-10, 21:40
Enough, both of you.

Eddie, you win. No contest. :D

corey01
17-01-10, 21:57
lmfao The National Accident Helpline is brilliant :vlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld2m1y8jSnE&feature=related

There was also a Facebook spoof group on this saying "I fell and seriously injured my fringe" LMAO

Surohicko
17-01-10, 22:52
I usually just mute it or throw the remote at the T.V when they come on.:p

Oh, I just remembered the Churchill adverts drive me crazy.

Oh Yes :vlol:

trlestew
18-01-10, 00:26
"head on, apply it to the forehead"

ugh

Love2Raid
18-01-10, 00:33
I only watch the news (on different channels) and sometimes Discovery Channel/Animal Planet, nothing else. So I can avoid the stupid ads, most of the time. :)

CiaKonwerski
18-01-10, 01:07
Not really the worst, but the funniest, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ

Kapu
18-01-10, 01:33
Cash 4 freaking Gold. I get it, we send you gold, you give us money. I do not need to see your commercials every two seconds.

snork
18-01-10, 02:12
We have those too.

I do not find them overly annoying, I just don't get it. The city center is full of "on-spot" gold-byers, signs in the pedestrian area show.

How is sending gold to and money fro (that costs - p&p plus bank fees) going to raise the money I get for my gold. (no, don't have any :p)

knightgames
18-01-10, 05:03

O4-e4nlfdRI

Gawd. If that was shown at Quantanimo that commercial be considered a torture devise.

T-Sex
18-01-10, 07:04
I like those mega low budget insurance adverts, where a woman in a business suit walks into an office diagonally and theres loads of happy looking people on phones around her. Then a totally fake story comes on in which some random guy says that he fell off a ladder or something.

TR FAN 18
18-01-10, 09:55
MLAO9YnlJSU

"I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea"

SHUT UP!!!! :hea:

Who uses their laptop in the back of a taxi anyway?

Phlip
18-01-10, 14:46
SnolmuFgW7w

I hate this guy so much.

Six
18-01-10, 14:53
I'm very tolerant with television adverts these days, but if there's one ad that gets my goat, it's the new Dell laptop. You know the one "lolly pop, lolly pop, oh lolly lolly-lolly, lolly pop *pop* ba-dom dom dom".

marla_biggs
18-01-10, 15:04
I love the Windows 7 ads :D

remote91
18-01-10, 15:30
I'm very tolerant with television adverts these days, but if there's one ad that gets my goat, it's the new Dell laptop. You know the one "lolly pop, lolly pop, oh lolly lolly-lolly, lolly pop *pop* ba-dom dom dom".
Haha I actually love that advert.

freeze10108
18-01-10, 16:49
SnolmuFgW7w

I hate this guy so much.

Hmmm... I wonder which one of these guys really came up with the idea... http://i40.************/2uj42e9.jpg

rmiPzMY4nuE

Now, I really hate those Mac vs PC commercials. They bug the crap out of me every time their pompous asses show up on my television! http://i43.************/2euof1l.jpg

toxicraider
18-01-10, 17:08
-lLeNBGAy5A
Not my worst, but when I first saw it I was like 'Ievan Polkka!' :jmp: and started singing along :pi:.

Edit;
On topic, I just remembered my absolutely worst adverts ever.
F_-9QFvhQWo
mUfV97wnlcg

We put it on mute, in our house. :p

jackles
18-01-10, 17:26
I hate the Dale Winton cash gold whatever the hell it is advert.

I can feel a scream coming on as my brain tries to compute the horror.

remote91
18-01-10, 17:37
I hate the Dale Winton cash gold whatever the hell it is advert.

I can feel a scream coming on as my brain tries to compute the horror.
I've never seen a dodgier looking advert.

Rivendell
18-01-10, 17:41
Not my worst, but when I first saw it I was like 'Ievan Polkka!' :jmp: and started singing along :pi:.

Thank you! I've wanted to know who/what that track is for ages!

xXhayleyroxXx
18-01-10, 18:26
Terrys chocolate orange - round - but not round for long

that poor woman! what *****hy office co-workers

TombRaiderLover
18-01-10, 18:53

I dislike that advert with a burning passion, but everyone else seems to love it.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 08:49
I dislike that advert with a burning passion, but everyone else seems to love it.

it made me wanna buy a dell laptop :p

Croft_Original
19-01-10, 10:16

O4-e4nlfdRI

I got splinters just watching this one.:vlol::vlol::vlol:

@corey01: I can't stand the National Accident Helpline ones either. They have an accident at work, make a claim, get compensation and still have a job to go back to?::rolleyes::whi::D

Croft.

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:41
Compare The Meerkat.

I found it hilarious at first, but now it's starting to get on my nerves.

I love it!!! :D

LightningRider
19-01-10, 11:47

O4-e4nlfdRI

WTF? :vlol:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:49
^^ is it bad i like the eagleman advert :p

nick styger
19-01-10, 11:50
'Go Compare' with that singing ***$"$%

LightningRider
19-01-10, 11:50
^^ is it bad i like the eagleman advert :p

Yes, yes it is. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:51
Yes, yes it is. :p

i thought so :p i need some sort of therapy :o

TR FAN 18
19-01-10, 12:07
Oh, how could I forget DFS & SCS. Two of the most annoying ads on TV EVER!
News at 10? What a complete rip off of ITV News!! :mad:

Also, the latest Swiftcover ads are just really DISTURBING! That puppet of Iggy Pop really creeps me out.

Another ad I hate is Confused.com. That background music is just very ANNOYING and I hate all these people shouting about how much they save on their insurance. ENOUGH OF THE INSURANCE ADS! :hea:

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 12:10
Oh, how could I forget DFS & SCS. Two of the most annoying ads on TV EVER!
News at 10? What a complete rip off of ITV News!! :mad:

Also, the latest Swiftcover ads are just really DISTURBING! That puppet of Iggy Pop really creeps me out.

Another ad I hate is Confused.com. That background music is just very ANNOYING and I hate all these people shouting about how much they save on their insurance. ENOUGH OF THE INSURANCE ADS! :hea:

i totally agree about the iggy pop thing! what on EARTH

Spong
20-01-10, 03:25
Not strictly and advert in the sense that it's not a commercial, but I can't stand the campaign the BBC are running at the moment that's plugging 25 years of Eastenders. It's not so much the talking head parts, those bits are fine, it's the annoying voice over who says the last line...

"We want your doof doofs."

Shut up, you idiot :smk: