PDA

View Full Version : Were you obsessed with something when you was young?

TombOfRaiders
18-01-10, 19:04
Was you ever obsessed with something in your younger days (6-15 years)? If so, what was it, how you became obsessed with it and did you ever put an end to this obsession?

I was once a MASSIVE of the Final Fantasy when I was around 10-11. Then, as I grew older, I grew apart from it. I also used to watch my friend play Kingdom Hearts on his PS2 and I was like, "KH is for 3 year olds, FF is for 12 year olds!" I hated the game. I became obsessed when I "apparantly" had the entire series since I was 4 and loved it. So I went and brought FFX in-store and I couldn't believe how amazing it was! Nowadays, I seem to be growing apart from this obsession until I pick up FFXIII.

Legend of Lara
18-01-10, 19:06
I used to eat up anything Sonic related.
I'll let you guess what snapped me out of it.

ajrich17901
18-01-10, 19:06
I used to be obsessed with TR up until AOD, after that my excitement for newer games in the series just died. Uh as for tv shows that I couldn't stop watching there was Buffy. Music wise there was Linkin Park, Evanescence,

Don't have any now of course lmao.

Carbonek_0051
18-01-10, 19:07
I also used to watch my friend play Kingdom Hearts on his PS2 and I was like, "KH is for 3 year olds, FF is for 12 year olds!" I hated the game.

http://i42.************/2dl5f1c.jpg

Anyways, I was and still am obsessed with anything Disney.

Tombraiderx08
18-01-10, 19:08
Britney spears and the spice girls :) i like wanted to marry them all, and everyone was like "Okay! Yeah you do that!" :vlol:

ultima espio
18-01-10, 19:09
I'll let you guess what snapped me out of it.

Just like me:)

lara c. fan
18-01-10, 19:10
According to this, I'm still in my younger years...
So I choose KH.

Also, you may have made enemies in me and Nate....:pi:

Lee croft
18-01-10, 19:11
Putting cloths on teddy bears heads for hair to make them female, i once walked into school with one (i was in year 1 or 2) ...i turned ALOT of heads in my school with that one bear :p

jackles
18-01-10, 19:11
Dinosaurs and Narnia.

:D

Though not always at the same time!

Catracoth
18-01-10, 19:15
James Bond. Oh hey, look at that, I still am.

Melonie Tomb Raider
18-01-10, 19:16
No, not really.

Minty Mouth
I go through phases of obsession every few weeks :p not necessraily when I was young :p

TheBloodRed
Dinosaurs. This eventually evolved into dragons.

I still hold all the info I learned about the dinosaurs though, so at least I have that.
-

I have and will always be obsessed with video games. It was always my escape from being bullied and pressured and now it still is today, though I no longer get bullied.

Oh NES, you saved me a load of emotions. :P

Larson_1988
18-01-10, 19:18
11 years ago, the original Metal Gear Solid game. And a few years before it was TR1. :jmp:

And flames. :o

:BitterSweet:
18-01-10, 19:19
Anyways, I was and still am obsessed with anything Disney.

:hug:

So yeah, Disney stuff. Probably more, but I can't seem to think of anything else.

Aranara
18-01-10, 19:19
This is still an obsession of mine: I'm really delighted when I see my sister playing AoD because I don't have any real life person to talk to about TR games. I have my best friend, but she likes the TR comedies and glitches etc etc not the series :D

CroftGameGirl
18-01-10, 19:20
I go through phases of obsession every few weeks :p not necessraily when I was young :p

This :p

The ones I have been through :

Tomb Raider obsessions
DMC obsessions
FF obsessions
Anime obsessions
Fantasy novels obsessions

Music obsessions which include
The Offspring
Good Charlotte
and my current one, Lady GaGa :p

There's probs more :ton:

Carbonek_0051
18-01-10, 19:21

So yeah, Disney stuff. Probably more, but I can't seem to think of anything else.

I have a few other things like TR, Kingdom Hearts, and video games in general. And I still am obsessed with all of those, but Disney was/is my biggest obsession.:p

Probably have a lot more, but I won't make a list.:pi:

robm_2007
18-01-10, 19:26
i used to be obsessed with pokemon and YugiOH

ajrich17901
18-01-10, 19:28
i used to be obsessed with pokemon and YugiOH

O_O SAME, can't believe I forgot about them two card games/shows lol.

TombOfRaiders
18-01-10, 19:31
According to this, I'm still in my younger years...
So I choose KH.

Also, you may have made enemies in me and Nate....:pi:

I didn't fully hate it but it was a little..childish. But when this music played I got adrenaline rush!

uB25ZcTuXaM

When does this sound again? When you're fighting nobodies or heartless?

Carbonek_0051
18-01-10, 19:34
I didn't fully hate it but it was a little..childish. But when this music played I got adrenaline rush!

uB25ZcTuXaM

When does this sound again? When you're fighting nobodies or heartless?

The only childish part about it is the Disney worlds, but even then that's part of it's charm. It's actually very complex for something that has to do with Disney.

That's the battle music for Twilight Town.

ultima espio
18-01-10, 19:35
The only childish part about it is the Disney worlds, but even then that's part of it's charm. It's actually very complex for something that has to do with Disney.

That's the battle music for Twilight Town.

Roxas' twilight town... :whi:

Carbonek_0051
18-01-10, 19:35
Roxas' twilight town... :whi:
Duh.:p

HappyShannon
18-01-10, 19:37
Hrm...
Rugrats. :p

I just wouldn't let go of that show. I didn't stop watching till I was 9, and then I starting watching "All Grown Up" (the continuation of Rugrats :)). Plus, if I ever get home from school early, and nothing's on, I'll still go onto Nicktoons and watch the last ten minutes... :o

But that doesn't leave this thread :pi:

TombOfRaiders
18-01-10, 19:37
I also have an interest in it as it was published by Square-Enix which also published Final Fantasy

Minty Mouth
18-01-10, 19:38
Hrm...
Rugrats. :p

I just wouldn't let go of that show. I didn't stop watching till I was 9, and then I starting watching "All Grown Up" (the continuation of Rugrats :)). Plus, if I ever get home from school early, and nothing's on, I'll still go onto Nicktoons and watch the last ten minutes... :o

But that doesn't leave this thread :pi:

I'm already getting the posters made.

HappyShannon
18-01-10, 19:39
I'm already getting the posters made.

:pi: You're crafty.

mind
18-01-10, 19:40
Prehistory. I was am such a nerd. I was the only child who used to borrow anthrology books from library for summer breaks. Ive got so many books because there werent books I didnt have so I received some of them twice or even more! Dinosaurs were all over the place -everyone used to give them to me. I knew so much about it - 90% of my knowledge is gone. :(

Minty Mouth
18-01-10, 19:41
:pi: You're crafty.

Wait until you see the matching T-Shirt! :D

TheBloodRed
18-01-10, 19:42
Crap! How could I forget my Final Fantasy VIII obsession! I know everything there is to know about the game and am like a living strategy guide. xD
--

And of course, could anyone forget their Pokemon obsession? It all started for me when I saw the TV show the morning it debuted. It went all crazy from there. xD

(if my avatar is any indication)

HappyShannon
18-01-10, 19:46
Wait until you see the matching T-Shirt! :D

:vlol:

Oh yus, I was also obsessed with The Sims 1 and the EPs :D When I was little, I'd watch my brothers play it, and then when I learnt how to use a PC, I was always playing it! :D
But can you blame me, it's epic :p

Lavinder
18-01-10, 19:47
Runescape and Habbo Hotel :ton:.

ThatNorskChick
18-01-10, 19:57
I was freakishly obsessed with dinosaurs and reptilian things for a long time. I'm pretty sure Jurassic Park is to blame for that. :p

James_Rutland
18-01-10, 19:57
The Spice Girls. :p

I'm worried for myself. I even used to try and dress up like Scary Spice and wear my mums leopardskin blouse with only the middle button done up. And I'm a boy also. :whi:

Alex Shepherd
18-01-10, 20:32
Xena Warrior Princess (SHE WAS MY EVERYTHING)
I collected 20 figures of her, too many pictures, videos and more...
Always dream about her, and imagine her she's next to me in school, playground, playing basketball with me :vlol: and stuff...

Raider Man

Beans-Bot
18-01-10, 20:38

My brother was obsessed with Runescape and I was obsessed with Habbo Hotel. :o Also an online game that's been offline for a bit now called Sissyfight. :ton:

Other than that I was [am] obsessed with Batman. Only the cartoon, though, the comics went a bit over my little 7-year-old head at the time. Also, I think it's funny that my brother was obsessed with Batman and Madonna when he was like 4, now look what happened. :pi:

Simochka
18-01-10, 20:39

This :p
I've thrown too much money on habbo + I used to own a scam site hahaha
I haven't played it for like 2 years but I still buy hc (habbo club) every month

And make up. I've played with make up since I was like 5 lol

Mad Tony
18-01-10, 20:39
I'll let you guess what snapped me out of it.Umm, what was that then? :p

James Bond. Oh hey, look at that, I still am.I'm with you on that one.

tranniversary119
18-01-10, 20:42
I was freakishly obsessed with dinosaurs and reptilian things for a long time. I'm pretty sure Jurassic Park is to blame for that. :p

Same here :p I was overly obsessed with ^ and Tomb Raider. I'm sure there's other things...

gabrielorie
18-01-10, 20:44
i was obssessed with stuffed animals:o.

T-Sex
18-01-10, 20:45
Sims 1, Runescape and Tomb Raider. Im still obsessed with TR and i still like the world runescape is set in :pi:

Kelly Craftman
18-01-10, 20:46
when i was younger i liked barbies (Still do)
when i was a teen i was obessed with Boys (Still am) :p

Eleana
18-01-10, 20:46
Between the ages of 10-13:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/kirsty_162/tumblr_kuqfwqRH8k1qz4kmso1_400.jpg

I was very unpopular in school, given that I looked like the 4th Hanson brother (only with brown hair), and this was as popular as I was going to get. By reading about it.

TRenTIs
18-01-10, 22:08
When I was younger I loved the Spice Girls. I had dolls, CD's, videos and even jewelry from them. I still listen to them.

This is still probably my favourite album of all time:

http://i46.************/4hw7qs.jpg

:)

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-01-10, 22:10
Legos. I used to build some really cool stuff... Ahh those were the days.

EmeraldFields
18-01-10, 22:11
I can't really think of anything that I'm obsessed with.

:whi:

dizzydoil
18-01-10, 22:13
SIMS & TOMB RAIDER :jmp:!

... oh wait. I guess nothing has changed.

Chocola teapot
18-01-10, 22:14
The Spice Girls (Baby Spice), Butterflies, Windmills, The Titanic's Propellors (lol)
Crystals, Card Captors, Pokemon.

Legend of Lara
18-01-10, 22:15
When I was younger I loved the Spice Girls. I had dolls, CD's, videos and even jewelry from them. I still listen to them.

This is still probably my favourite album of all time:

http://i46.************/4hw7qs.jpg

:)

Embarrassing as it is, they were my guilty pleasure ever since I was 4.

...and they still are.

Chocola teapot
18-01-10, 22:18
We all had a spicegirls obsession.

I used to stand up on my Sofa pretending to be Emma Bunton. :vlol:

I was even obsessed with the name Emma because of that. Lol I was only about 3/4.

miss.haggard
18-01-10, 22:19
When I was young (lol) it was guitar, music, food, and of course Star Wars... and so far nothing has changed.

I was however really into facial piercings... good thing that fell through!

Punaxe
18-01-10, 22:28
Lara Croft, of course. Also Jiu-Jitsu; in fact, I had considered going to one of those martial arts monasteries for a while.

irjudd
18-01-10, 22:36
It was Tomb Raider. I played for hours and hours, collected Tomb Raider and Lara Croft paraphernalia and the like. Good thing I grew out of that. :)

*glances around the room* :pi:

Lara_Fan_33
18-01-10, 22:38
I've was obsessed with tomb raider when i was six, i drew pictures of her, i beat all the games without walkthroughs (by the time i was about 10) Im not even close to being obsessed with her now, partly because of the fact people would call me wierd lol, and because tomb raider has kind of lost its flair. BUT I continue to draw Lara to this day and it has helped me draw people ALOT! :D

patriots88888
18-01-10, 22:41
Girls. Yes even at a young age. I found them intriguing, fascinating, and mysterious and still do. :) Except I'm obsessed with the older ones nowadays. :p Well, maybe not obsessed, just an extreme keen interest. ;)

maniakatosheto
18-01-10, 22:44
Pokemon :mis: and tomb raider! and sims ! lol
Wait... nothing changed here either :vlol:

irjudd
18-01-10, 22:45
Girls. Yes even at a young age. I found them intriguing, fascinating, and mysterious and still do. :) Except I'm obsessed with the older ones nowadays. :p Well, maybe not obsessed, just an extreme keen interest. ;)
Ah you like the GILFs now. :eek:

patriots88888
18-01-10, 22:52
Ah you like the GILFs now. :eek:

Um, there's one in particulair that I'm fond of, but that's as far as this conversation goes. And it's purely plutonic at this point so... :p

MattTR
18-01-10, 22:59
This:
http://i.testfreaks.co.uk/images/products/600x400/12/game-boy-color.439308.jpg

- Pokemon
- Tomb Raider
- Rugrats

And last but not least:
http://deangifts.com/beanies.jpg

LaraLuvrrr
18-01-10, 23:01
TR
the batman series (poison ivy and harley quinn)
Egypt lol
pokemon and digimon
i think sailor moon for awhile

Jedd Fletcher
18-01-10, 23:34
Oh, I went through several phases as a child. The first was music. I would pretend I was a conductor and wave a stick in the air to music. Then probably came insects. After which were sharks and dinosaurs. Then Star Wars. And finally, till today, Batman.

Minimus
18-01-10, 23:35
I've been extremely obsessed with Sailor Moon, Tomb Raider, Buffy the Vampire Slayer And recently Bones and Lady GaGa. They count because I'm still 15 until Saturday.

And FYI, I have 268 Lady GaGa songs.

CerebralAssassin
19-01-10, 04:32
I had a keen interest in these guys :p (the old-timers know em for sure)

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/CerebralAssassin1983/3stooges.jpg

oocladableeblah
19-01-10, 04:38
I was and still am obsessed with Looney Tunes

I was obsessed with the Redwall book series stopped reading them then decided to read them again and am now a fan (wouldn't say obsessed :p)

I was and still am obsessed with Buffy

I was obsessed with MTV and am not anymore

I wasn't obsessed with Disney and now I am (yeah backwards I know :p)

Carbonek_0051
19-01-10, 04:38
I wasn't obsessed with Disney and now I am (yeah backwards I know :p)

It was my influence wasn't it? ^_^

oocladableeblah
19-01-10, 04:43
It was my influence wasn't it? ^_^
A little, but mostly grad night :p

mau3genius
19-01-10, 04:44
Was you ever obsessed with something in your younger days (6-15 years)? If so, what was it, how you became obsessed with it and did you ever put an end to this obsession?

-My first "girlfriend" (I was like 5 lol) Never seeing her again was the end of the obsession!
-Stealing stuff (I was 5 too lmao) Getting caught ended it.
-Tomb Raider (It started when I was like 6/7) I'm still a fan. But I'm no longer obsessed with TR.
-Garbage (I listened to Version 2.0) This obsession will never end.

Carbonek_0051
19-01-10, 04:44
A little, but mostly grad night :p

It was so me.:pi:

Aranara
19-01-10, 04:51
I have a hidden kleptomaniac in me too :vlol: Really, if I go at school, at least I have to check my pencil case twice because I'm in a class of kleptomaniacs. IDK, I just like colored stuff :vlol:
But that obsession is gone now...sort of :mis:

shadow_fire
19-01-10, 08:12
Oh when I was lil I was obsessed with plenty of stuff.

Salior Moon- I would dress up has her and throw my Tiara around saying "Salior Moon Power!!" (yup even down the main street in the town/city we lived in :D)

Sonic- I had wanted to have 3 kids and name them: Sonic, Tails and Knuckles (I was 6 at the time)
and then there was me and my friends "crew" lols. We all had our own nicknames. One was Tails, One was Knuckles, One Was Sonic, I was Shadow, and there was one more. (we were 13/14 at the time :pi:

Harry Potter- My friend and I had our own Harry Potter club. We actually made our own brooms and wands, got black sheets and used them as cloaks, dressed in Red and play Harry Potter :p and we would store our Brooms and wands in the back of the class room in the "Broom Cupboard" yes thats right we ran around the school like that :p (was about 12/13)

Music- aparently even as a infant I was obbsessed with music. Wouldnt go to sleep unless they played certain songs ( MC Hammer FTW :p) and I still am. I remember onetime I was threatend that my MP3 player was going to be taken off me and I burst into tears...lame I know....but to me music is my life line.
Some musical obbsessions were MC Hammer, Spice Girls, Evanesance, Metallica ect and some fade over time but one that has never faded since I first heard her song in 2000, Is Nelly Furtado (ftw) I can safely say that I am still addicted to her music :D (hence why some of my mates call me furtado freak :p

Gaming. I have loved gaming. I remember using a really old console that used cartiges (spelling I know) and the few games you could play were stuff like ping pong :D
then was my PS1 and my Sega :p I loved most games in generall

any way thats my essay over and done with :tea:

Jack Croft
19-01-10, 08:23
Gaming and still is obssessed over it but not to the extent of killing. (Refering to other thread)

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 08:51
my little ponies, barbie dolls & tomb raider

:p

scoopy_loopy
19-01-10, 08:55
Tomb Raider. I mean, really, obsessed. I would draw Lara all over my books, I would pretend to be Lara on the playground, jump around on kitchen cabinets... I was addicted to Lara :o

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 08:58
Tomb Raider. I mean, really, obsessed. I would draw Lara all over my books, I would pretend to be Lara on the playground, jump around on kitchen cabinets... I was addicted to Lara :o

haha same :p

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:19
:yik: how could i forget the Spice Girls and Digimon

LightningRider
19-01-10, 11:23

This. I can't seem to stay on one thing. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:24
:yik: how could i forget the Spice Girls and Digimon

spice girls & pokemon :p

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:24
spice girls & pokemon :p

nah i preferd digimon i was always a rebel

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:26
nah i preferd digimon i was always a rebel

u would b a rebel wouldnt u :p

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:29

Yes!! i played with Barbies too but i stoped that when i was 5ish i think.. :p then i went on to female action figures!! (Lara did that)

LightningRider
19-01-10, 11:31

Yes you would, Digimon is considered a stripped down version of the "epicness" that is Pokemon, ergo, your a rebel. :p

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:32
Yes!! i played with Barbies too but i stoped that when i was 5ish i think.. :p then i went on to female action figures!! (Lara did that)

omg same :p we had good taste ;)

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:32
Yes you would, Digimon is considered a stripped down version of the "epicness" that is Pokemon, ergo, your a rebel. :p

Dont diss teh Digehmon!! :pi:

*is aware of my own spelling mistakes*

omg same :p we had good taste ;)

Yup we do :D :hug:

LightningRider
19-01-10, 11:40
I hate Pokemon, love Digimon. :D

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:43

Thats more like it!!! :hug: i loved Lilymon!!! and Angiwoman and Mimi

Encore
19-01-10, 12:21
Not really... Of course I had multiple "phases" where I would be very much into something (this still happens), but I never had one single major obsession when I was younger.

TRhalloween
19-01-10, 12:22
Pokemon was the hottest girl in school, Digimon was the sad girl who tried to copy her style but couldn't pull it off.

Lee croft
19-01-10, 12:23
Pokemon was the hottest girl in school, Digimon was the sad girl who tried to copy her style but couldn't pull it off.

Yet in England Digimon came 1st :p

LightningRider
19-01-10, 12:25

Halers: And here. :p

Tombraiderx08
19-01-10, 12:26
I was also obsessed with the rugrats and the power rangers! :D

xx_Hunt_xx
19-01-10, 12:32
TR2
Power rangers
Playing stuck in the mud
5ive :ton:

Surohicko
19-01-10, 15:08
I was obsessed with this person :pi:
But he moved :(

Chocola teapot
19-01-10, 15:10
Yet in England Digimon came 1st :p

Pokemon is the second hottest in the world, And what happened to Digimon?
She got ugly.

ultima espio
19-01-10, 15:20

Thats more like it!!! :hug: i loved Lilymon!!! and Angiwoman and Mimi

Lets not start this Pokemon/Digimon thing again, we've all got our own opinion on it, and this will end up turning into an argument thread:p

Chocola teapot
19-01-10, 15:24
Very True! :D

Encore
19-01-10, 15:27
I was obsessed with this person :pi:
But he moved :(

Oh yeah, when I was 11 to 13 I had a giant obsessive crush on a guy too, but he completely ignored me :vlol: When I turned 15 he came to the same class as me and I finally got to know him, but - surprise - by then I had grown out of it.
Life is so weird when you're a teen :D

Surohicko
19-01-10, 15:52
Wow, you could of got lucky :pi:

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-01-10, 16:38
Laplace Transforms.
http://i48.************/1oq720.gif

lara c. fan
19-01-10, 16:39
Oh yeah, when I was 11 to 13 I had a giant obsessive crush on a guy too, but he completely ignored me :vlol: When I turned 15 he came to the same class as me and I finally got to know him, but - surprise - by then I had grown out of it.

Isn't it just? :p

ultima espio
19-01-10, 17:27

It really is :p

Encore
19-01-10, 17:44
Wow, you could of got lucky :pi:

Sometimes I think that the fact that he ignored me was part of the obsession. :p

Surohicko
19-01-10, 18:11
It is :p

digitizedboy
19-01-10, 18:13
I was obsessed with star wars movies and merchandise when I was very young. I think at one point I balled my eyes out for days because my parents wouldn't buy me the Millenium Falcon.

fancy crying over a piece of plastic tsst. lol

Six
19-01-10, 18:32
My main obsessions:

1995 - The game Doom. It was the first game i ever played, and is, and forever will be my all time favourite game. I still play even now, i can never EVER get bored of it.

1996 - My Sega Megadrive II, i played it non-stop for years afterwards, and i still have it to this day, 14 years later. It's almost as old as some members here, probably even older. Favourite games are the Streets Of Rage series.

1998/9 - Sonic the Hedgehog, then Tomb Raider, then Pokémon cards.

After this, i generally had no on-going obsessions. Right now i'm not obsessive with any particular thing, but i like to keep/maintain everything that meant something to me years ago, like my Sega Megadrive for example.