PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand and it really hurts, LITERALLY!

TRLegendLuver
19-01-10, 06:59
Okay, so this guy has been acting like he likes me, and even sends a romantic picture on my phone. He has been talking to me for quite some time now, and then all of the sudden, I see that he has read my messages, and won't reply to them. I can honestly say that I did absolutely nothing to make him not talk to me.

It really hurts my feelings, because every guy I have liked, or has liked me back, just drops me like a atom bomb.

My heart hurts so bad. (physically and emotionally) I am just ready to give up on being with someone ever. It kinda in a way doesn't surprise me, I mean I have been told no one would care about me, Ever. Maybe they were right.

[Edit] I have come to all sorts of conclusions, like, am I not really what he wants? Am I not pretty enough? Well actually, I have been told by guys that I'm not pretty enough for them. But I guess I shouldn't take it to heart though, but it still hurts my feelings.

T-Sex
19-01-10, 07:16
Uh... go ask him why he wont reply?

TRLegendLuver
19-01-10, 07:24
Uh... go ask him why he wont reply?

Well that would be a bit too forward, and if he likes me enough, he should either tell me, act like it etc.

And he definitely is not a shy person, so its like he's too shy to say anything to me.

Necromanser
19-01-10, 07:31
You say that he should come and out and tell you and that he's not shy, well maybe if he's not telling you anything he doesnt like you. Maybe he's just looking for a friend and not a relationship.

TRLegendLuver
19-01-10, 07:35
But if that was true, why would he send me, love pictures and act like he likes me?

That doesn't make sense.

Tihocan9
19-01-10, 07:40
How long has it been that he hasn't talked to you? I would guess that he is probably just being a guy and sometimes guys just like guy time and just ignore everything else for a little while but guys do like it when girls are forward with them because we don't like to solve mysteries when it comes to women we just want them to be open with us so I would say if you really want a relationship with this guy ask him why he seems to be ignoring you and go ahead and ask him out see what happens because sometimes nothing happens if you don't make it happen.

Paperdoll
19-01-10, 07:43
Well that would be a bit too forward, and if he likes me enough, he should either tell me, act like it etc.

And he definitely is not a shy person, so its like he's too shy to say anything to me.

Honesty is the best policy. Instead of walking around beating yourself for it, just go and ask him.

lcaddict
19-01-10, 07:46
I don't have that kind of problems (no boy likes me; lonely-ness FTW) but if I were you, I would've punch the heck outta him, so he would never ever forget you. Sorry for my bad english, I hope you can understand anything I wrote..

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 08:35
guys are like that with me too :*(

Spong
19-01-10, 08:41

He knows that does he? If you won't say anything to him then it's your own fault what's going on inside your head doesn't get resolved. Don't expect him to know.

CerebralAssassin
19-01-10, 08:44
I wouldn't worry too much about it,this is probably a tactic of his to keep you interested.unless....unless he's genuinely a dick,in which case I'd drop him like a hot potato if I were you.only a little time can tell which of the 2 is the case.

XBOXCroft
19-01-10, 08:47
I think that it also happens to me. Well, not really, but the person I hate. He does the same thing to me, but no romantic pictures and stuff, Just all of a sudden, he stares at me during tests and acts all calm around me.

Jedd Fletcher
19-01-10, 10:06
People do that sometimes and it gets really confusing when someone whom you know well doesn't want to talk to you. Maybe the guy got cold feet all of a sudden and was afraid of committing to a relationship. Or maybe he's just toying with you, just as Cerebral Assassin said. You just have to remind yourself that it's not your fault and try to work through the pain. Give your heart a chance to heal, as cliche as that sounds.

Whoever told you no one would care about you is WRONG. You have to cling to the hope that there will always be people who care about you. Many of us care about you even here on TRF, which is why we've replied. Just give it some time and take it easy okay? All the best.

Minty Mouth
19-01-10, 11:05

And he definitely is not a shy person, so its like he's too shy to say anything to me

No, it isn't too forward. This is what you need to do. Swallow your fear and make something happen. It can't possibly hurt any more than this, right? So what do you have to lose?

trXD
19-01-10, 11:10
[Edit] I have come to all sorts of conclusions, like, am I not really what he wants? Am I not pretty enough? Well actually, I have been told by guys that I'm not pretty enough for them. But I guess I shouldn't take it to heart though, but it still hurts my feelings.

*looks at profile picture*

But... that doesn't make any sense.

Jedd Fletcher
19-01-10, 11:18
^^I know right? Sarah, you're beautiful and don't let anyone tell you any different. You are definitely more than pretty enough for anyone. :)

BtoFu
19-01-10, 11:35
If he's went cold then something's got him spooked and it's in your best interests to find out what that is. Could be a million things and nothing close to the kind of doubtful kinks you have in mind. I'm a master of inexplicably avoiding people after taking the time to - not so subtley - let them know I'm interested. Mystery of human chemistry or something I dunno. Get a face to face on the go otherwise technology is gonna spoil the oppurtunity...I'm speaking from plenty experience as well.

Catracoth
19-01-10, 11:41
My philosophy is this: Don't waste time on people who don't deserve you. If they don't bother with you, don't chase them. If you're meant to be with a person, it'll happen easily. And most importantly, those who fall out of your life never should have been there in the first place.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:44
My philosophy is this: Don't waste time on people who don't deserve you. If they don't bother with you, don't chase them. If you're meant to be with a person, it'll happen easily. And most importantly, those who fall out of your life never should have been there in the first place.

thats such a nice way of looking at it :)

Lee croft
19-01-10, 11:48
Okay, so this guy has been acting like he likes me, and even sends a romantic picture on my phone. He has been talking to me for quite some time now, and then all of the sudden, I see that he has read my messages, and won't reply to them. I can honestly say that I did absolutely nothing to make him not talk to me.

It really hurts my feelings, because every guy I have liked, or has liked me back, just drops me like a atom bomb.

My heart hurts so bad. (physically and emotionally) I am just ready to give up on being with someone ever. It kinda in a way doesn't surprise me, I mean I have been told no one would care about me, Ever. Maybe they were right.

Oh hell no!!! :ohn: DONT let ANYONE make you feel that you are worth less then the poo on there shoe!! these boys clearly are not good enough for you!!! wait for the guy your age who acts like a man and likes you as you are !!

..im sick of this happening to people you desreve alot better!! :hug:

Catracoth
19-01-10, 11:55
thats such a nice way of looking at it :)

Thanks Hayley :). I've had loads of experience in my seventeen years and I find that such methods get me through the night without tossing and turning.

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 11:58
Thanks Hayley :). I've had loads of experience in my seventeen years and I find that such methods get me through the night without tossing and turning.

It's a good philosophy :hug: i just cry it out and listen to songs my parents used to play - somehow that works

One of which is tim mcgraw's 'carry on'

'carry on, what don't kill us makes us strong'

:)

Catracoth
19-01-10, 12:01
I must admit though, this philosophy is easier said than followed--usually when I'm romantically distraught, I act like I'm in a Lifetime drama and act all depressed.

Quasimodo
19-01-10, 12:05
http://i48.************/2i9ktxi.jpg

xXhayleyroxXx
19-01-10, 12:06
I must admit though, this philosophy is easier said than followed--usually when I'm romantically distraught, I act like I'm in a Lifetime drama and act all depressed.

same :P i have to distract myself - games, books, schoolwork, friends

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-01-10, 13:37

As long as the pictures you've posted on here are really you, I ensure you that's NOT an issue. You're quite pretty. :)

When you stop looking that's when someone shows up. I never believed it till it happened to me.

Catracoth
19-01-10, 13:54
When you stop looking that's when someone shows up. I never believed it till it happened to me.

Precisely. It happened to me as well, which is why I believe that philosophy entirely.

lara c. fan
19-01-10, 16:18

They should fall in love with your personality, not your looks.

BtoFu
19-01-10, 16:24

In an ideal world maybe, but in case you haven't noticed society is obsessed with the visage of it all.

lara c. fan
19-01-10, 16:26
In an ideal world maybe, but in case you haven't noticed society is obsessed with the visage of it all.

It happens even if not in an ideal world.

And I know.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-01-10, 16:29

This sounds good on paper but come on'... The thing that draws people together is that glance from across the room, at which point you know nothing about the other persons personality. It is a known fact that the first ~18 months of any relationship is basically chemistry, it's not until after this period that the hormones calm down and you get to truly know the other person. This is why so many relationships end after this duration - The physical part dies down and the people realize they have nothing in common, or can't get along on a truly personal level.

lara c. fan
19-01-10, 16:30
It's just my opinion :)

Capt. Murphy
19-01-10, 16:38
I don't know.... There are a few thoughts I have on this guy.

He could be a "playa"... You'd probably know, but would you be able to find out if he does this to any other girls or not? It might be some stupid game he's playing, or maybe his friends put him up to a dare. Or worse yet... I don't want to say. But it's very sleazy. :mad:

OR, He could be genuinely... (what's the word?) like; "Yes! She likes me too!" and he doesn't know what to do... Or he could be apprehensive. Like Will Smith's character in that movie 'Hitch'... He can get people together, but when it comes to getting his own 'relationship' he finds he needs help.

Whatever happens, just be careful.

Alive_and_Funky
19-01-10, 17:05
I'm far from an expert on stuff like this, but to me it sounds like the guy has either gotten nervous or has quite frankly just lost interest. Don't let it bother you too much though; I get the idea that many girls end up in the same situation that you are in. You just have to take a look at all the threads just like this one on TRF! :)

Wow, guys have actually said that to you? That's pretty damn mean.

AmericanAssassin
19-01-10, 17:13
I don't understand and it really hurts, LITERALLY!
I shouldn't be allowed on these forums with my perverted mind. :pi:

On topic: It sounds like this guy is emotional unstable. Run. If he's acting this way now, you'll never be able to trust him in a relationship. ;)

TRLegendLuver
19-01-10, 21:49
He still hasn't spoken a word to me, but right now I feel so loved and cared for by every one of you. You all are helping me deal, and I humbly thank you. I will try the best suggestion, since you all gave me so many to choose from. :p

I just hope someday some guy will be willing to stand up, ask me out and care about me.

If anyone has any more ideas, please feel free to share.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
19-01-10, 22:11
He still hasn't spoken a word to me, but right now I feel so loved and cared for by every one of you. You all are helping me deal, and I humbly thank you. I will try the best suggestion, since you all gave me so many to choose from. :p

I just hope someday some guy will be willing to stand up, ask me out and care about me.

If anyone has any more ideas, please feel free to share.

I say forget about him. Any guy who plays bull**** games now is always going to do so, better off to not have gotten too involved.

Quasimodo
19-01-10, 22:15
I say forget about him. Any guy who plays bull**** games now is always going to do so, better off to not have gotten too involved.

Yeah. Life is too short to pour your heart into someone who obviously isn't as invested in the relationship as you are.

Capt. Murphy
19-01-10, 23:03
Yeah. Life is too short to pour your heart into someone who obviously isn't as invested in the relationship as you are.

Quoted for TRUTH.

And the Truth shall set you free.

tombraiderluka
19-01-10, 23:06
You are really pretty, but tastes are different, to some you're pretty to some you are not. And for that guy you are not pretty. Hope this helps :hug:

TRLegendLuver
20-01-10, 08:40
I suppose so tombraiderluka.
Its just, why do people play with a person's feelings, emotions, and heart? What does it accomplish? Does it feel good to think you have power over them? Well you know what I say? The weak are cruel; the strong have no need to be. And that's what they are. Weak, in the sense that they would stoop so low to hurt others, and they know they are so they pick on someone whose stronger in confidence in themselves, than obviously are.

Jedd Fletcher
21-01-10, 01:03
There are many people out there who are not as nice as we want to them to be, and some who are really sick and derive pleasure from messing with peoples' emotions. Then there are some who are not out to do it on purpose, but by not knowing how to handle the situation break the other party's heart. I won't try and speculate which category this guy falls into. Bottomline is, don't succumb to people like that, and always remember that you deserve better and there are people who care for you and love you. Be strong, okay? :)

Love2Raid
21-01-10, 01:07
Some wise words! :tmb:

He is apparently not interested (anymore). Screw him, you deserve better. :hug:

Quasimodo
21-01-10, 01:18
I suppose so tombraiderluka.
Its just, why do people play with a person's feelings, emotions, and heart? What does it accomplish? Does it feel good to think you have power over them?
*points to signature*

Either that or he's playing games for a cheap ego boost.

Does it matter, though? You could obsess over whatever faults (on your part and/or his) caused the death of this relationship, but to what end?

TRLegendLuver
21-01-10, 06:29
http://i37.************/2czxp5.jpg All hail Heather: Lady of Wisdom! http://i37.************/2czxp5.jpg