PDA

View Full Version : The Fashion Police - fashion pet peeves

Solice
21-01-10, 02:30
Don't get caught being tacky with them around (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31851441@N04/4062373934/sizes/o/in/set-72157622695610626/):p

So what is your fashion pet peeve? Mine is simple; new cloths made to look like old cloths, and cost a lot of money. A & F is the worse offender. I mean, if you want that worn out look, go to Goodwill, or just never replace your cloths, sheesh:D

Catracoth
21-01-10, 02:32
Wearing your trousers low like it's cool. You look like a fool, you're constantly picking up your pants and can't walk straight. I don't care if it's "G" or "gangsta." It's disgusting and no one needs to see your underwear.

And I believe there's a thread on this already. I remember discussing people wearing tights as if they're pants.

Nenya awakens
21-01-10, 02:34
wearing a 10 when your clearly a 16.

hera7days
21-01-10, 02:39
Socks with sandals, and belts over shirts. I never really got either of those.

Catracoth
21-01-10, 02:41
I don't really see a problem with wearing belts over your shirt, if you're trying to have it show. A few of my friends do it and I think it's pretty snazzy.

scoopy_loopy
21-01-10, 02:43
Socks and sandals/thongs. WTF do British people insist on doing this? You look like freaks! :tea:

Paddy
21-01-10, 03:07
Dont get whats bad about sandals, I love wearing them, hardly makes people look like freaks.

scoopy_loopy
21-01-10, 03:11
No, people that wear socks and sandals.

http://muchmorethanmommy.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/socksandsandals.jpg
:tea:

Paddy
21-01-10, 03:12
No, people that wear socks and sandals.

Ah my apologies :o didnt see that bit :p
I agree socks and sandals look stupid.

Johnnay
21-01-10, 03:15
Oh Peeves

Catracoth
21-01-10, 03:26
Ah my apologies :o didnt see that bit :p
I agree socks and sandals look retarded.

I'd prefer if you'd use the word 'stupid.' I take offence to using the word 'retarded' in such a manner :). But yes, socks and sandals together do look stupid.

Paddy
21-01-10, 03:27
Its only insulting if I called someone retarded tbh though.
And noone tells me what I can and cant say.

Shark_Blade
21-01-10, 03:32
Wearing your trousers low like it's cool. You look like a fool, you're constantly picking up your pants and can't walk straight. I don't care if it's "G" or "gangsta." It's disgusting and no one needs to see your underwear.

And I believe there's a thread on this already. I remember discussing people wearing tights as if they're pants.I agree, it's disgusting.

And some who wears t-shirt with collar up. I mean it's okay if you wear a coat but with t-shirt it looks just stupid. The boys said it makes them look mean and gangsta. :rolleyes:

Clicky (www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=121386)

scoopy_loopy
21-01-10, 03:32
I'd prefer if you'd use the word 'stupid.' I take offence to using the word 'retarded' in such a manner :). But yes, socks and sandals together do look stupid.

http://static.open.salon.com/files/rsz/crop_364x485//files/freaky_before1236994326.jpg

Paddy
21-01-10, 03:34
^^ :vlol:
I do agree also the way people have underwear hanging above their pants is lame, then again people that act gangster **** me off.

Carbonek_0051
21-01-10, 03:36
http://static.open.salon.com/files/rsz/crop_364x485//files/freaky_before1236994326.jpg

I agree, people with bad hair tend to bother me.

scoopy_loopy
21-01-10, 04:20
I also have to say, everytime I see someone wearing jeans and runners; I die a little inside.

Angel666
21-01-10, 04:27
I really loathe the whole tights as pants thing. Every time I see it, my mind just screams out: "PUT SOME PANTS ON, YOU'RE IN PUBLIC!!!"

takamotosan
21-01-10, 05:14
I don't think my list could fit on the entirety of the internet, it's so long.

Orionvalentine
21-01-10, 08:42
It's gotta be the socks and sandals, it's just so...so...yucky!

(Anybody watch Fashion Police on E! last night? Joan Rivers <3)

Love2Raid
21-01-10, 13:52
I really loathe the whole tights as pants thing. Every time I see it, my mind just screams out: "PUT SOME PANTS ON, YOU'RE IN PUBLIC!!!"
Yuck, I agree 100%. I once saw a girl who was wearing pants (they really were pants, not even tights) so tight, her butt crack was visible. I mean HELLO, don't you have any decency in you?! :confused::confused:

LightningRider
21-01-10, 13:58
It's gotta be the socks and sandals, it's just so...so...yucky!

(Anybody watch Fashion Police on E! last night? Joan Rivers <3)

Damnit! I miss her, was it good? :o

I absolutely hate fads. Ugh, bye bye trends.

xXhayleyroxXx
21-01-10, 13:59
i have to admit - i wear pumps & socks :p I don't know if they'd count as sandals

for me it's probs wearing your belts back to front - why :confused:
and wearing a thong or g string up your back

Admles
21-01-10, 14:07
Crocs.

Crocs with socks.

EWWWWWWW

MiCkiZ88
21-01-10, 14:16
As with pretty much everyone else, socks with sandals, crocs and wearing your shirt inside the jeans/trousers.

I also dont like overly loose clothing. What's so great about wearing a tent?
Oh, and dont get me started on skating shoes. The ones that are overly big and make you look like bigfoot.

nightwishgirl84
21-01-10, 14:21
Oh yes, definitely crocks *yeugh!*

And those "gangsta" wannabes.
They look like idiots with their the crotch of their pants hanging near their knees.
I don't want to see their underwear.
And the way they wear those caps, that looks pretty dumb too.

People wearing clothes that are either too big or way too small is bad too.

I also hate it when women wear slutty super tight clothes, I don't care if they have a good figure or if they are pretty or hot.
It's okay when you wear it sometimes, like when you go out/clubbing but not all the time, especially at work (day job).
My ex-boss was a bit slutty (but she was a nice person though), she only wore super tight dresses/skirts/tops/whatever that were both really short and had scoop necks (not that she had much in the boob department but hey) and made her look cheap and easy if you know what I mean.
Always though she'd look much nicer with some modest clothes and sans the orange tan.
Sometimes she'd wear a long sweater as a dress (which was barely above her butt) :rolleyes:
Also, thongs sticking out of the mini skirts and skinny jeans are a major pet peeve...
Not very decent for someone in a shop, but I always suspected she liked the attention.

Bringing up the topic of orange tans, gosh those are horrid!

Lavinder
21-01-10, 14:28
Huge girls wearing leggings - you can see their bum bulging out of thier pantyline and they can never find tops long enough to cover it ...

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk321/lol90045/l_ffda80d9978bec99ca767d534bad2fd3.jpg

Also men that have freakishly skinny legs, and they wear skinny jeans - complete turn off!

http://earthskyknitter.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crocs.jpg

ewww?

LightningRider
21-01-10, 14:44
I don't know, I wear crocs. They're comfy. :p

Lavinder
21-01-10, 14:45
Although I did own a pair of these when I was younger http://thevinylvillage.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jellyshoes.jpg

but only kids wore them! Not adults too, crocs are just embarrassing!

Orionvalentine
21-01-10, 15:19
Damnit! I miss her, was it good? :o

I absolutely hate fads. Ugh, bye bye trends.

It was fantastic! It seems that E! are a lot less prissy about mild swearing. Joan was a joy to watch without censoring beeps left right and centre :p

viper456
21-01-10, 15:35
I hate people who only wear branded stuff. Like everything they have on is once brand...it looks tacky as ****.

Simochka
21-01-10, 15:41

I always wear tights. I haven't used jeans since 2008. Tights are more comfortable and looks better IMO.

But I always have long tshirts or shirts that covers the butt and the front

Jack Croft
21-01-10, 15:42
I hate people who only wear branded stuff. Like everything they have on is once brand...it looks tacky as ****.

:tmb:

Lee croft
21-01-10, 15:46
Bin bags

and them crock shoes??? TACKY!!!!

Skate trainers (the ones that look like they are recycled from Emma Buntons platformer's dating back to the spice girls era)

MiCkiZ88
21-01-10, 15:47
I am very picky for what I want to wear, and usually I do buy it from only one store, so you do get to see me wearing a lot of lacoste or jack and jones :/ I just happen to like the clothes the best. Then again, I only buy clothes every three or four months. Something I invest on.

viper456
21-01-10, 16:07
I am very picky for what I want to wear, and usually I do buy it from only one store, so you do get to see me wearing a lot of lacoste or jack and jones :/ I just happen to like the clothes the best. Then again, I only buy clothes every three or four months. Something I invest on.

There's nothing wrong with that :p! Just as long as you don't wear all matching brands at once, like t shirt, jacket, jeans and shoes etc. Its to much! To much I tell you *shakes you* lmao

Love2Raid
21-01-10, 16:10
I hate it when people wear stuff with the name of the brand all over it.

irjudd
21-01-10, 16:17
I hate when people obsess over others fashion choices.

viper456
21-01-10, 16:42

You would say that, I mean look at the state of you

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/viper456/emoticons/21kwktd.gif

I luff jou weally Wudd!!!

TRhalloween
21-01-10, 16:50
Ugh, fur.

Chocola teapot
21-01-10, 16:51
Yellow and or Green clothes. :/

interstellardave
21-01-10, 17:37
I hate skorts. I hate the whole idea of them. They are a tease of a tease... and they make no sense. :p

lara c. fan
21-01-10, 17:44
Socks and sandals/thongs. WTF do British people insist on doing this? You look like freaks! :tea:

You try living in a country that barely goes above 20 degrees Centigrade on its hottest day and wearing sandals with no socks....:pi:

Not that I do it though, I don't have sandals ATM :p

remote91
21-01-10, 18:06
..erm, we don't. Not that I know of

toxicraider
21-01-10, 18:35
I've never seen anyone really wearing socks and sandals.
I dislike guys showing their arses; Wearing low trousers is OK, because a lot of Jeans are made like that, but to the extent of showing your bum...
Pregnant or large ladies wearing normal sized t-shirts/showing their bellies are a nono. Sorry, it might be natural, but some people act as if a pregnant belly is a fashion accessory.

PandaINC
21-01-10, 19:09
I don't know why people like to wear clothes with their name all over it. Its so silly. Oh and denim jackets. Blech.

Lavinder
21-01-10, 19:11
I don't know why people like to wear clothes with their name all over it. Its so silly. Oh and denim jackets. Blech.

http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/images/marginart/160_lara_denim.jpg

:D

CroftGameGirl
21-01-10, 19:15
I hate skorts. I hate the whole idea of them. They are a tease of a tease... and they make no sense. :p

What are skorts? :vlol:

Pregnant or large ladies wearing normal sized t-shirts/showing their bellies are a nono. Sorry, it might be natural, but some people act as if a pregnant belly is a fashion accessory.
People do that? O_o

Ugh, same :pi:

jackles
21-01-10, 19:22

I haven't ever seen any brits doing that either....maybe it is a stereotype like all aussies wear hats with corks on!

;):cln:

Too tight clothes.. just...no.

interstellardave
21-01-10, 19:23
What are skorts? :vlol:

Skorts are an abomination... and I don't even know if they're still around, but I think they are.

They are basically shorts that appear to be a skirt from the front... but, from the back, you see they are shorts. Blatent false-advertising to us guys who love a nice looking woman in a miniskirt! Not to mention just plain dumb anyway! :p

robm_2007
21-01-10, 19:35
people wearing their Snuggie to the grocery store.

nightwishgirl84
21-01-10, 19:44

People actually do that? :yik:

jackles
21-01-10, 20:11
What the heck is a snuggie?

nightwishgirl84
21-01-10, 20:14

Some ugly fleece blanket you can wear :p

Catracoth
21-01-10, 20:27
Its only insulting if I called someone retarded tbh though.
And noone tells me what I can and cant say.

I wasn't telling you what you could and couldn't say. I stated that I would prefer if you didn't use the term in such a manner. Next time, actually read the post.

jackles
21-01-10, 20:29
People wear blankies??

You would get laughed out of the streets if anyone did that here!

lara c. fan
21-01-10, 20:29

If I'm right, it's a blanket with arm holes :)

nightwishgirl84
21-01-10, 20:30
People wear blankies??

You would get laughed out of the streets if anyone did that here!

I'd laugh too tbh, it's like something you'd see on People of Walmart :p

egypt_gypsie
21-01-10, 21:03
Girls who wear ties over their clothes...

*cough*Avril Lavigne*cough*

Aranara
21-01-10, 21:25
-Any type of underwear that looks uncomfortable.
- Really small t-shirts, when you can see the bellybutton. It looks ridiculous. (I'm more into baggy stuff)

Jo269976
21-01-10, 21:37
If I'm right, it's a blanket with arm holes :)

Because you know, it's too much trouble or too complicated to take part of it off to use your arms.

CroftGameGirl
21-01-10, 22:11
Skorts are an abomination... and I don't even know if they're still around, but I think they are.

They are basically shorts that appear to be a skirt from the front... but, from the back, you see they are shorts. Blatent false-advertising to us guys who love a nice looking woman in a miniskirt! Not to mention just plain dumb anyway! :p

Oh, yuck! :p
Seriously... who thought that one up? :vlol:

:eek:

+1 :yik:

TqHSIiAXdSU

Rediculous :pi:

Lee croft
21-01-10, 22:34
You wouldnt catch me dead or drunk in a snuggie :pi:

Zebra
21-01-10, 22:39

A lot of Germans also do this, I think. It's pretty disgusting.

toxicraider
21-01-10, 22:49
TqHSIiAXdSU

Rediculous :pi:

Wow, if I saw someone in that in a supermarket, I'd think it was some kind of religious cult. :vlol:

Love2Raid
21-01-10, 23:14
http://i50.************/2rc1hja.jpg

TRenTIs
21-01-10, 23:16

I think they're pretty much designed for young school girls. So that they can wear a skirt, but still do cartwheels and **** without looking like a total whore.
They're still disgusting, though.

Laralissa
21-01-10, 23:31
You know what I miss? Skousers :p I used to love them, then they just dissappeared...

xXhayleyroxXx
21-01-10, 23:38
You know what I miss? Skousers :p I used to love them, then they just dissappeared...

what r they :p

Legend of Lara
21-01-10, 23:45

I happen to like denim jackets...

*cough*
A few students in my school wear their pyjamas in public.
I am dead serious.
This is horrible, immoral and offenders should be executed.

robm_2007
22-01-10, 00:12

yes they do. i almost cried laughing when i saw a woman in one at the supermarket.

Paddy
22-01-10, 00:13
I must confess I love walking around in my UFC hoody :p
The only hoody I actually like.

PandaINC
22-01-10, 00:13

*cough*
I am dead serious.

I admit, they can look good sometimes, but other times they look ridiculous when paired with jeans.

And they do that at my school too! I feel like they were too lazy to get dressed, and it also makes me think that they're dirty and don't shower.

da tomb raider!
22-01-10, 00:15
Nothing regarding fashion bothers me much. I just wish that some people wouldn't expose their behind or stomach or some such. I have a hard time trying not to vomit whenever I go out as it is, without having to stare at someone's butt on the escalators.

Admles
22-01-10, 08:53
Muffin tops!

shadow_fire
22-01-10, 09:54
TqHSIiAXdSU

Whats wrong with a dressing gown??

Well, after reading whats in this thread,alot of what I wear would annoy peeps :p

I love sneakers (sport ones, sk8er ones, casual ones) I prefere to wear baggy clothing, love my hoodies and my baggy jeans :D and I own a couple of denim jackets :ton:

I also have worn my PJ's into town (we live in town) its actually quite common here, and I have gone to the supermarket and into town with a blanket wrapped around my shoulders like a poncho...I love poncho's :D :D and ugg boots :D and boots in general

I agree though, I dont like those girls who go frolicking around in skimpy scraps of material they try to pass as everyday clothes.
I also dont like those pump shoe things that people wear, you not they are flat but an inch high or whatever.

I also hate it when people come in from milking, come into the supermarket covered in cow**** from head to toe.....ew much!!

erosan
22-01-10, 10:00
holy **** i want a pink snuggie =o

Orionvalentine
22-01-10, 10:08
LMFAO muffin tops :p

shadow_fire
22-01-10, 10:10
what are muffin tops?

Orionvalentine
22-01-10, 10:44
Isn't it the little flabby part around the midriff that sometimes overhangs tight trousers?

LightningRider
22-01-10, 10:54
Yellow and or Green clothes. :/

Green's my school color. It's pretty mandatory. :(

Muffin tops!

Lmfao.

Minty Mouth
22-01-10, 11:09
Isn't it the little flabby part around the midriff that sometimes overhangs tight trousers?

Yes, please, no unessesary display of midriff!

Lee croft
22-01-10, 13:25

*cough*
I am dead serious.

I remeber back when i was in secondary school on non uniform day alot of the girls would wear there PJ's with hugg boots _

Melonie Tomb Raider
22-01-10, 13:49
I love my snuggie. :D

I'm personally not a fan of skinny jeans on guys. They're just so dang feminine looking.

Solice
24-01-10, 02:44
^^ :vlol:
I do agree also the way people have underwear hanging above their pants is lame, then again people that act gangster **** me off.

Particularly when they are rich, suburban white kids who think they are 'Down with the brothers'. I call them...'Vanilla Ice' :D

Tommy123
24-01-10, 03:57
I love my snuggie. :D

I'm personally not a fan of skinny jeans on guys. They're just so dang feminine looking.

i know right, (even though i wear them) lol

:}hello friend
24-01-10, 04:15
I see people who wear big, oversized t-shirts, and really short shorts everyday. My GOD, they look pantless D:.

Catracoth
24-01-10, 04:16

I wear the skinniest of skinny jeans :ohn:. My mother swears they're painted on.

:}hello friend
24-01-10, 04:20
I wear the skinniest of skinny jeans :ohn:. My mother swears they're painted on.

I would buy some, but I am too fat to fit in them D:.

MangelinaJolie
24-01-10, 17:10

I have a few pairs as well...

I don't get what's wrong with it if you're really skinny. I can't exactly wear baggy clothes, that just makes me look anorexic.

marla_singer
24-01-10, 20:41
Definately not a fan of leather look leggings, or those sequin hotpants that look like the attire of a circus ringleader :pi:

Sweets
24-01-10, 20:49
Don't like fur

When people wear their pajamas in public, such as to the grocery store or gas station. Come on take some time to get dressed..

When girls wear a bra under a halter top and you can see the bra straps..that bugs me too.

HappyShannon
24-01-10, 20:55
Don't like fur

When people wear their pajamas in public, such as to the grocery store or gas station. Come on take some time to get dressed..

When girls wear a bra under a halter top and you can see the bra straps..that bugs me too.

Not our fault :ohn: :p

I hate crocs :pi:
They look uncomfortable and kinda wierd :pi:

Love2Raid
24-01-10, 21:01
Not our fault :ohn: :p

I hate crocs :pi:
They look uncomfortable and kinda wierd :pi:
Yes it is. Strapless bra's aren't that expensive. It looks cheap.

Nerd For Life
24-01-10, 21:02
Yes it is. Strapless bra's aren't that expensive. It looks unflattering.

Strapless bras and really heavy boobs don't mix. :ton:

Love2Raid
24-01-10, 21:03
Yeah...then a corset is in order! :mis:

Nerd For Life
24-01-10, 21:04
Corsets are beautiful. :cln:

Anyway, on topic... I think Uggs or whatever those boots are called, they're really ugly.

TRenTIs
24-01-10, 23:27

I just don't like them on straight guys. Only gay guys should wear them. Same with pink. I hate seeing straight guys wearing pink.

I don't mind this one. Especially if the girl is wearing a bright coloured bra.

lara c. fan
24-01-10, 23:32
Anyway, on topic... I think Uggs or whatever those boots are called, they're really ugly.

Or, indeed, Uggly. :p

aileenwuornos
25-01-10, 08:17

word

MattTR
25-01-10, 09:48
Well there's a long list of things that I don't like.. :p

But thanks I do like are:

Quiksilver, Billabong, and Hurley T-Shirts
Plaid shorts
Rubber wrist bands
Leather jackets
And Hoodies

Oh yeah, and Vans skater shoes for the win! :ton:

The basics, really.. :p

Johnnay
25-01-10, 10:22
i hate people who wear gangsta type clothes and a rats tail too( which has nothing to do with clothes, just something to do with long small hair.)

anyways i wear

Polo Ralph Lauren Polos

some pants i have are size 40 which in fact i should be wearing a bit more than size 40

t shirts

basic stuff

Muffin tops!
i have one... but im trying my best to get it off

Paddy
25-01-10, 11:02
I dont necessarily have a problem with people wearing a certain style, its the way some act really up themselves and think theyre just awesome because they do that.

knightgames
25-01-10, 21:00
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but what's with girls wearing pajama bottoms for pants? HUH?!!? I've been seeing that more and more lately.