PDA

View Full Version : Donations to Haiti

mudkip25
22-01-10, 01:34
As everyone knows, Haiti has gotten some earthquakes recently had another one the other night. Have you guys donated anything??? :)

I donated $10...

Still working on some cash though. :o
People without jobs here in the U.S. are richer the survivors of the earthquake so any amount is good!

I just made this because I noticed that there was barely any money donated at my old 6th Grade Science teacher's fundraiser this year. :( He makes fundraisers every year to help people.

Please donate! :o

Trigger_happy
22-01-10, 01:38
Money donated to foreign aid charity like never goes where its meant to. Charity basically props up the rich people in Africa, while everyone else continues to die of poorness.

Quasimodo
22-01-10, 01:40
\Charity basically props up the rich people in Africa

Baroo?

Trigger_happy
22-01-10, 01:42
Baroo? What's that?

coolaideonfire
22-01-10, 01:54
I donated 5 to DEC's Haiti Appeal.

Tombraiderx08
22-01-10, 02:01
I havent donated a thing, i feel terrible :(
I have some change though that i can donate tomorrow, students from our french classes go around collecting money through the lunch periods, so i can donate then :)

Ward Dragon
22-01-10, 02:11
Baroo? What's that?

I think she was confused by your post mentioning Africa since Haiti is an island in the Caribbean.

Trigger_happy
22-01-10, 02:17
I think she was confused by your post mentioning Africa since Haiti is an island in the Caribbean.

Oh, I was just saying that any money donated to charity, whether to Haiti or anywhere else, is unlikely to find its way to where its most needed.

Spong
22-01-10, 02:20
Oh, I was just saying that any money donated to charity, whether to Haiti or anywhere else, is unlikely to find its way to where its most needed.

Most of it gets swallowed up in administration. As is my understanding of current affairs programmes that have tackled the subject of charities in the past. It's far better to donate physical things like clothes, food & equipment than it is to donate money.

Trigger_happy
22-01-10, 02:36
Most of it gets swallowed up in administration. As is my understanding of current affairs programmes that have tackled the subject of charities in the past. It's far better to donate physical things like clothes, food & equipment than it is to donate money.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna say: its more difficult to use t-shirts and tinned food to fund your drugs empire, but surprisingly easy to use if you are a homeless earthquake victim.

Encore
22-01-10, 13:51
There's a diference between continuous flows of aid to poor countries (most of it gets stuck in corrupted authorities), and donating in a situation of natural disaster.

I believe that in this particular situation it is OK to donate as long as it's directly to an NGO working in Haiti right now - for example, donating to the Red Cross. Because I believe this money right now is probably going towards buying medical supplies and other things that they need immediately.

But there have been reports of frauds occuring through these appeals to donate for Haiti so beware.

disapearing-boy
22-01-10, 17:42
I donate to Oxfam monthly so hopefully it's going somewhere!:) Though I feel inclined to donate clothes and stuff.. something that will go to the right use! My wardrobe is over flowing, may as well do something worthwhile with clothes I may not wear for a long time!

TombOfRaiders
22-01-10, 18:39
I get adverts on TV about this, so annoying!

Death Mask
22-01-10, 23:51
Have you guys donated anything???
Hell no.

uc-XMrj1ors

LaraLuvrrr
23-01-10, 02:13
I donated 25 dollars to a charity

scion05
23-01-10, 11:07
Yep, but I'm not donating a lot. I'll be purchasing a couple of the performances from last nights telethon in order to give money :)

T-Sex
23-01-10, 11:37
I donated 5 and looked totally tight in front of everyone else who were giving 20 - 40

Mad Tony
23-01-10, 11:42
Hell no.

uc-XMrj1orsLol at the survivalist tin-foil hat BS at the end of the video.

I would donate money, but I'm completely broke :( :p

scion05
23-01-10, 11:49
Hmmmmm, why not just buy one song then from amazong, itunes or wherever, - something from the live album being released soon... :)

I'll be buying this :

t49LV4EUiwc

Was very moved watching this at 2.15am lmao.

Alex Shepherd
23-01-10, 11:56
As everyone knows, Haiti has gotten some earthquakes recently had another one the other night. Have you guys donated anything??? :)

I donated $10...

Still working on some cash though. :o
People without jobs here in the U.S. are richer the survivors of the earthquake so any amount is good!

I just made this because I noticed that there was barely any money donated at my old 6th Grade Science teacher's fundraiser this year. :( He makes fundraisers every year to help people.

Please donate! :o

God BLESS you man... Really God bless you... If I have the visa card for the internet, I'll donate but I am soon to get one... Hope so

Raider Man

lara c. fan
23-01-10, 13:56
Hell no.

uc-XMrj1ors

Patriotism to the last. (assuming he's American)

Seems to me like he's saying don't send it to Haiti for such and such reason, but give it to America for the same....:confused: