PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Like About Yourself?

Naz2000
22-01-10, 17:27
Basically I decided to create a feel good thread which involves you simply posting something about yourself which you are admire and are proud of or something which you feel is unique. What makes you look in the mirror and think "It feels good to be me"?

It can be a personality trait, a physical feature or a talent/skill that you possess. Anything at all...Except the word "Nothing" or anything degrading.

Start with the phrase "I am proud to be me because..."

So post ahead! :tmb:

Aranara
22-01-10, 17:29
I am proud of me because I don't care what people say or think about me, as long as I' happy :tmb: Some people are really concerned about that...:pi:

lara c. fan
22-01-10, 17:31
I am proud of me because....I e-mailed a guy at KM to ask if I could write a monthly column?

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 17:32
I'm handsome and talented. And I also have fashion sense. Ladies.. I'm taken :p

xXhayleyroxXx
22-01-10, 17:32
i like the fact i'm creative - drawings, painting, lyrics, stories
i like the fact i stand up for animals where others don't and rescue them when they have no home
i like myself because i'm a true friend, and would jump a bullet for anyone. I also like the fact i follow my dreams and that family means the world to me.

Btw im not big-headed! hehe xx

patriots88888
22-01-10, 17:34
I am proud to be me because no one else would take the position.

Ilie_Fusarau
22-01-10, 17:35
What Do You Like About Yourself? What's not to like ;):p
I am proud of me because I don't care what people say or think about me, as long as I' happy :tmb: Some people are really concerned about that...:pi:
Same :)

disapearing-boy
22-01-10, 17:36
I am proud to be me because of my perky, happy, optimistic attitude that always has me looking on the bright side no matter what. I'm well known at work and by my friends for this! It's almost a creepy Brady bunch level of happiness though!!:p

My resilient attitude has helped me beat a serious depression that lasted over 4years (and re-lapsed once or twice) and now I feel as though I can accomplish anything. I conquered it myself by sheer will as I had no-one to confide in at the time and never got treatment. Since then, i know life get's better and I never feel down for long knowing i can handle anything that's thrown my way!!

I'm a young, peppy and confident young man and life is good!:D

I like this thread;)

Aranara
22-01-10, 17:36
Oh and I'm proud of myself because I don't get all emotional in front of a crowd or on stage :D

Legend of Lara
22-01-10, 17:37
I'm, er, really good at RPGs. :p

lara c. fan
22-01-10, 17:38
I'm, er, really good at RPGs. :p

That's what you think...:pi:

Keir_Eidos
22-01-10, 17:39
What a nice thread idea!

I like that I put others first. Hence why I'm in this job.

Legend of Lara
22-01-10, 17:41
That's what you think...:pi:

Hey, don't you dare take away my one good point!

da tomb raider!
22-01-10, 17:45
I am proud to be me because I am absolutely perfect. :)

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 17:49
What a nice thread idea!

I like that I put others first. Hence why I'm in this job.
Oh yeah :mis:

Keir_Eidos
22-01-10, 17:51
Oh yeah :mis:

Yes. When the brand managers see me coming they try and hide. Power to the people!

HappyShannon
22-01-10, 17:53
Erm...
I like that I'm always me, and don't act different to impress people? :D

patriots88888
22-01-10, 17:55
Erm...
I like that I'm always me, and don't act different to impress people? :D

That's a really good reason. I like that. :) But do you doubt yourself? :p

NemesisxAngelus
22-01-10, 17:56
I am proud to be me because I surprise myself each day again by still going on.

VictorXD
22-01-10, 18:07
I am proud of me because I'm funny, have green eyes, tall, and a good drawer:) That's about it really:o

Jack Croft
22-01-10, 18:09
I am proud of me because I'm funny, have green eyes, tall, and a good drawer:) That's about it really:o

.............and because your avatar is AMAZING.

AmericanAssassin
22-01-10, 18:10
I have pretty eyes. I like to do creative things. I'm very honest, blunt even. I'm nothing like anybody else I know. :)

It just caused me physical pain to compliment myself like that. :pi:

lara c. fan
22-01-10, 18:10
Hey, don't you dare take away my one good point!

What's to stop me :mis:

J/K :p

LaraCroftRox
22-01-10, 18:11
Umm. My best physical feature is probably my mouth...I like that I'm very openminded and I've never cared what people think of me. Which is pretty rare in the kinds of teenage girls I see all the time :P. I'm honest, I won't give false compliments or untruths. That's why it's best not to ask me anything unless you know you can take the answer.

Chocola teapot
22-01-10, 18:17
I Like My Eyes, Nose (Sexy nose lol) and face in general!

I think that I'm Random, a nice person and A great Drawer!

I also think I'm reasonably inteligent and fabulous!

Lee croft
22-01-10, 18:18
I have a bum that would make J-Lo jealous so i suppose im proud of that.

:p

Laralissa
22-01-10, 18:18
Im proud of my determination. I always give things a fair shot before losing all hope - I think its a good quality to have.

Legend of Lara
22-01-10, 18:39
Wait, I just thought of a good point!

I love how I always think ahead. Like "Maybe I'll need this tomorrow" or "I should copy this file in case it ever goes balls up". It may not seem like much but I always consider my future self's well being. :p And this has never, ever failed me.

MiCkiZ88
22-01-10, 18:41
I'm proud of myself for being multitalented and able to multitask.
I also like that I am able to push my own needs aside and help others first.

x2crazyidiot
22-01-10, 18:46
physical traits: I love my eyes and my hair :D (oh, and my stomach :pi: :p)
but more seriously I like the way I'm completely different from anyone I know, and I like the fact I never fail to put a smile on someone's face :)

Gabi
22-01-10, 18:47
I am proud of myself because I am where and who I am now in spite of adverse circumstances.

CuteKittenlol
22-01-10, 18:52
Physical..i like my eyes and apparently i have a "lovely" bum, which i quite like anyways so i'll go with that XD

Other things..i like that im pretty much always able to be optimistic and try to see the best of things, i suppose

HappyShannon
22-01-10, 19:21

Yes, yes I do :D:D

lara c. fan
22-01-10, 19:21

Doesn't everyone at some point :p

TRfan23
22-01-10, 19:30
Self Pride :p jks

To the fact I don't seem to be relying on my parents so much. In terms of agreements ;)

That I'm learning things, and becoming more aware and more confident.

All I can think of.

patriots88888
22-01-10, 19:32
Yes, yes I do :D:D

Doesn't everyone at some point :p

I only asked because of the ? at the end of the reply. It would've been so much better with a ., or even better yet with a !

sandygrimm
22-01-10, 19:35
does anyone really read this?.. i can write : A surfing duck wnet back to the farm to lay eggs when the cat that was driving the boat crashed. would anyone read?

I like my hair :D and proud of my gwad damn sense of humor, even is sometimes i don't get others sense of humor, sometimes other never get mine :P a vicious circle

Reggie
22-01-10, 19:38
does anyone really read this?.. i can write : A surfing duck wnet back to the farm to lay eggs when the cat that was driving the boat crashed. would anyone read?

I like my hair :D and proud of my gwad damn sense of humor, even is sometimes i don't get others sense of humor, sometimes other never get mine :P a vicious circle
Now that's imaginative! :p ;)

What do I like about myself? I think I have fairly good taste in general. :o

HappyShannon
22-01-10, 19:39
I only asked because of the ? at the end of the reply. It would've been so much better with a ., or even better yet with a !

Yeah, I was sorta doubting myself :p
Low self confidence init.

toxicraider
22-01-10, 19:40
I like my eyes, I guess, both the shape and colour. As far as personality goes, I'm proud of my genuinity; I always act myself, and I consider myself a nice person.

lara c. fan
22-01-10, 19:40
Ahhhh......
Yeah, I was sorta doubting myself :p
Low self confidence init.
Same here :pi:

Laras shadow
22-01-10, 19:57
I like me because.. I can sing, play trumpet and erm play tomb raider :P

Minty Mouth
22-01-10, 19:58
My sense of humour.

Dina_Croft
22-01-10, 20:02
Absolutely Nothing:pi:

Aranara
22-01-10, 20:21
^
You sure have something! :hug:

Dina_Croft
22-01-10, 20:28
^
You sure have something! :hug:

Meh I dunno lol

Squibbly
22-01-10, 22:16
I would say my body I guess, because I've always been an active person and eat healthy (most of the time) so I am thin and in shape. :)

I also like my eye colour and my lips. That's about it for physical things.

I would do absolutely anything for close friends and family. I'd give my own life for them. That is something I like about myself... you don't come across many caring people these days. :p

I like that I am a very hard worker.

Ikas90
22-01-10, 22:36
My appreciation of nature. For example, I can stand on a mountain top, and just take in and appreciate the view for what it is. I could just stand there for ages.

My dedication to travelling around the world, and the fact that I'm trying to pursue that dream.

My appreciation for certain people. I like that I can appreciate anyone for who they are. I'm not going to dislike someone just because they are "different". With the exception of bad people like murderers, of course. :p

irjudd
22-01-10, 22:39
Girls like me. A lot.

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 22:43
Girls like me. A lot.
Cause you're 'The Chosen One'. If you get what I mean :mis:

Minty Mouth
22-01-10, 22:44
Girls like me. A lot.

Some boys too :whi:

TRfan23
22-01-10, 22:45
Girls like me. A lot.

I'm in to :cln: smexy.

miss.haggard
22-01-10, 22:46
I like my hands, but I like hands in general. Hands are cool.

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 22:47
So is hay ;)

Squibbly
22-01-10, 22:48

Hans are, too.

miss.haggard
22-01-10, 22:49
And tuna.

wait... what?

Psychos'Я'Us
22-01-10, 22:50
Hmmm....
I like my eyes, my mouth, my cheeks, my jaw...actually, my whole facial structure...but I'm not in love with my nose. Sometimes I like it and I think it has personality but other times I just hate it.
Uh, I loooove my hair. I also think I have a great ass and legs.
Yes, I'm a total narcissist and I'm proud of it. It's better to love yourself and be confident than hate yourself and have insecurities.
As far as personality goes...I like pretty much everything.

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 22:51
Hmmm....
I like my eyes, my mouth, my cheeks, my jaw...actually, my whole facial structure...but I'm not in love with my nose. Sometimes I like it and I think it has personality but other times I just hate it.
Uh, I loooove my hair. I also think I have a great ass and legs.
Yes, I'm a total narcissist and I'm proud of it. It's better to love yourself and be confident than hate yourself and have insecurities.
As far as personality goes...I like pretty much everything.
You're cool, but I dislike your nose :)

Quasimodo
22-01-10, 22:53
Physically...I like my almost white-pale complexion, and my hip-length hair. Personality-wise, I like that I can make people laugh.

Evan C.
My mouth is really cute indeed,it's really small but the down lip is bigger than the upper,so it's kind of sexy.And I proudly say that I have a BIG bubble butt :D

Psychos'Я'Us
You're cool, but I dislike your nose :)

I dislike you, full stop :)

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 22:54
I dislike you, full stop :)
Haha :p

corey01
I like my features :)

just*raidin*tomb

Yes! I love hands. I think they're pretty. :DYeah I know it's odd, but at least I don't like feet. Feet are disgusting!:mad:

I like that I'm original, artistic, and I love my hair. :p

...and my hands. ;)

Mad Tony
22-01-10, 22:55
No offense Luka but I think this recent trend of yours which involves going round randomly insulting people is quickly making you very unpopular here.

miss.haggard
22-01-10, 22:55
Hands! *high five!*

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 22:59
No offense Luka but I think this recent trend of yours which involves going round randomly insulting people is quickly making you very unpopular here.
Alright I'm sorry, no offense taken :)

Psychos'Я'Us
22-01-10, 22:59

Yeah, you hurt my feelings Luka. Now I'll have to get a nose job...

It's all good :p That's just how me and Luka show each other affection :)

TRfan23
22-01-10, 23:00

I thought he was always joking? :confused: For a little laugh :)

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 23:01
Yeah, you hurt my feelings Luka. Now I'll have to get a nose job...

It's all good :p That's just how me and Luka show each other affection :)
Precicely, I was actually kidding. But it's ok, I guess people who are bothered come before the people who like it :)

Psychos'Я'Us
22-01-10, 23:02
Precicely, I was actually kidding. But it's ok, I guess people who are bothered come before the people who like it :)

I know you were kidding, and I was kidding too ;) People just have to lighten up or ignore it.

Mad Tony
22-01-10, 23:10
It's not just that I was referring to.

Kelly Craftman
22-01-10, 23:10
I like everything except my hands, my nose and my height if i could change them i would be perfect in my opinion

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 23:13
I like everything except my hands, my nose and my height if i could change them i would be perfect in my opinion
Why don't you like your hands?

Kelly Craftman
22-01-10, 23:14
Why don't you like your hands?

5 year olds have bigger hands then me -_-

Minty Mouth
22-01-10, 23:15

Daww, that's cute xD

And I do hope you are not concerned about being short as a girl. :ton: Being a short dude is a lot worse, believe me :/

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 23:15
Oh yeah, well what's there to do. At least the rest of you is superb :cln:

Kelly Craftman
22-01-10, 23:18
Daww, that's cute xD

And I do hope you are not concerned about being short as a girl. :ton: Being a short dude is a lot worse, believe me :/

i don't have a thing against being short but i wouldn't mind being a little taller :o Awww Jakey :hug:

~Luke pfft Hardly

tombraiderluka
22-01-10, 23:19
i don't have a thing against being short but i wouldn't mind being a little taller :o Awww Jakey :hug:

~Luke pfft Hardly
Don't make me go and slap your lil' hands missy :ohn: Ya know what, I'm heading there straight away :mis: babieees!

Nenya awakens
22-01-10, 23:42
I like my toes :)

Oh & my white skin.

Dark Lugia 2
23-01-10, 00:15
I like my smile a lot :p nice thread! :D

ajrich17901
23-01-10, 00:37
I like the fact that I've gotten through as much as I have and haven't become a bitter person like most would.

Tomb-Dude
23-01-10, 00:42
I like I put my self out to help friends when I can and family... Even though sometimes they are never there when i need them (friends) or they use and abuse my friendship :pi:

LightningRider
23-01-10, 00:46
I'm proud to be me, as it seems no one else can be. :)

tranniversary119
23-01-10, 01:37
I like being myself. I'm thankful for who I am and what I've been blessed with, especially when people have it so much worse.

LaraLuvrrr
23-01-10, 02:17
Im proud cuz i have an intelligence that lets me be good at anything I want. And i mean anything...

Jedd Fletcher
23-01-10, 02:38
I am proud to be me because I'm a nerd through and through and am passionate about my nerdy pursuits (such as Batman, Star Wars and Tomb Raider). I also can write well and have a good sense of humour about me.

BtoFu
23-01-10, 02:52
I like the fact that I'm never satisfied, constantly in the pursuit of improvement.

Tombraiderx08
23-01-10, 03:22
I like my eyes, lol.

XBOXCroft
23-01-10, 04:20
I'm proud to be me because I like GaGa. Oh, and I'm a computer nerd.

gabrielorie
23-01-10, 04:22
i'm proud of myself because of my eyes and smile:D.

lara is mine
23-01-10, 04:24
Im proud to be myself because i can make people laugh :p

Alex Shepherd
23-01-10, 08:33
I am proud to be me because of my personality, my knoweldge, and the way I lived...

Raider Man

CroftGameGirl
23-01-10, 13:28
Well, physically... I'm proud of my fat arse :D Me and my sister have 'hip and booty wars' as we call them :vlol:
One day I'll beat her... :pi:

And I like my eyes and lips :D
And sometimes, my hair :p

But... I'm also proud at how I wanna try everything :D
And of my devotion to the arts :)

TR love
23-01-10, 13:32
Im proud to be myself because...when people say stuff about me i laugh it off instead of taking it hard like other people might

CerebralAssassin
23-01-10, 18:57
Nothing.Nothing at all.

The Swede
23-01-10, 19:14
Everything

Navid
23-01-10, 20:02
Everything

Me too! :D
I love everything about myself and I am proud of what I am. :)

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-10, 20:12
Physically: I like my eyes and my hair, and I love my body. I'm a skinny girl, but I got a booty on me, and I love it. <3 :vlol: Of course everyone is insecure about something, and I am not arrogant or think I'm perfect, but I really am proud of how I look and I'm very happy with myself in that department, both with my good traits and my flaws. I am in love with the fact that everyone looks different, and having the uniqueness I do makes me very happy. :D

Personality: One of my favorite things about myself is that I'm laid back and cool headed. I'm almost never angry, and while I may get into a debate here and there, I have a way of letting things not bother me and I always try to make things right. This used to not be the case. When I was a teenager, I used to be more high strung. I'm very happy that I've mellowed out, and my abundance of energy is put toward happy things rather than getting angry or losing my cool.

Of course I have things I need to work on, and another thing I like about myself is that I notice these things. I don't think I'm perfect, I criticize myself more than I could ever criticize anyone else, and I am constantly working on improving myself. When I was a teenager, I had some very judgmental friends, and they influenced me and I echoed that terrible attitude! Even when I posted here, I said some terrible things in my teenage years, and that's something I'm not proud of. I've changed a lot since then, and I've learned that it's best to judge yourself, and be encouraging to others, rather than point your finger at them and point out their flaws.

Overall, I really do love myself, sorry if that sounds narcissistic. :vlol: I like to take personality tests and learn more about myself, and I always look at a mirror everytime I cross one. It may come across as self absorbed, and perhaps that's something I need to work on, but I'm very happy with myself, and I think this type of confidence is something everyone should have. <3

Simochka
23-01-10, 20:13
I love my eyes, face (expect nose) and legs :D

And my self confident. If someone tries to bully me I just laugh. It doesn't work and they just give up

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-10, 20:19
And my self confident. If someone tries to bully me I just laugh. It doesn't work and they just give up

That is so awesome, and exactly the way to act. :tmb: One thing that helped me with my laid back attitude was working in customer service. If you get mad when someone is rude to you, it makes them worse. However, if you kill them with kindness, they either blow up and make jackasses out of themselves, or they calm down and realize that they were out of line, and everyone gets along.

It depends, but I've been working with the public for a while now, and I always get compliments from my coworkers regarding how well I keep my cool if someone is downright rude or mean to me.

digitizedboy
23-01-10, 20:43
I like the fact that I don't give a **** what anyone thinks of me anymore like I used to and I can laugh at myself.

T-Sex
23-01-10, 22:23
I like the fact that i dont lie to people and would always step in to stand up for a friend. Unfortunately, not many people can see that :pi:

Antonio
23-01-10, 22:50
My mind, it's not what I'm thinking it's how I'm think. There are somethings what I can predict, of course not all of it. I am imaginary person, I like to make something new and concentrate on that idea until I made something more interesting and bigger. There so many things I have made over these years, but I can't share it with words. Only if I show you, but right now I can't.
The one thing I'm sure about is that I don't want to waste more time.

CroftGameGirl
23-01-10, 23:05
I like the fact that i dont lie to people and would always step in to stand up for a friend. Unfortunately, not many people can see that :pi:

Weird, I'm the same :pi:

Rai
24-01-10, 15:09
Physically, I like my legs
Personality, I am very kind hearted.

Los Angeles
24-01-10, 15:10
What do I like about myself?

Umm.. let's see, no the list would get too huge.. :(

Rai
24-01-10, 15:12
Just choose one then :p
If you can narrow it down of course :pi:

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-10, 17:50

omg same! haha :p we're in this together :hug:

ThatNorskChick
24-01-10, 17:59
First of all, MY HOT BOD.

Second, I like that I have a pretty laid back temperament and I don't let myself get worked up over small things.

Lee croft
24-01-10, 18:04
we're in this together

X9rAo7gkpqY

You brought it on your self.... :pi: :p

Aranara
24-01-10, 18:06
^
Do. Not. Ever. Post. HSM. Songs. Here. :pi:

Kidding, it's just that I hate HSM so bad I want all of them to die in pain. :pi:

Muhahahahahahaah!!!! *evil laugh* *cough*
:mis:

lara c. fan
24-01-10, 18:07
X9rAo7gkpqY

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

*submits self for week of horror while trying to get that song out of his head*

I hate it, BTW.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-10, 18:08
X9rAo7gkpqY

omg :p haha

CroftGameGirl
24-01-10, 18:18
omg same! haha :p we're in this together :hug:

You guys are lucky! :eek:
Pork sausages are skinnier than the fat things I happen have taped to my hands :vlol:
Honestly, compared to my fingers, sausages look anorexic :p

Nenya awakens
24-01-10, 18:20
said some terrible things in my teenage years, and that's something I'm not proud of. I've changed a lot since then, and I've learned that it's best to judge yourself, and be encouraging to others, rather than point your finger at them and point out their flaws.

I'm sorry Mel, but you do have a habit of pointing out peoples physical flaws still, and ontop of that you are still very judgemental.

Nobody's perfect right, but someone people are very much blind to their flaws.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-10, 18:39
You guys are lucky! :eek:
Pork sausages are skinnier than the fat things I happen have taped to my hands :vlol:
Honestly, compared to my fingers, sausages look anorexic :p

aww bless :hug: yeah unlike kelly i like my hands :)

lara c. fan
24-01-10, 18:53
*Looks at stubby fingers*
Hmm.....

T-Sex
24-01-10, 19:12
I also like my avatar :pi:

HappyShannon
24-01-10, 19:14
aww bless :hug: yeah unlike kelly i like my hands :)

Bah, I hate my hands :o

They're huge :o

Mum says that your hands and feet grow first, then your body, so hopefully I'll be the height I want soon :pi:

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-10, 19:16
Bah, I hate my hands :o

They're huge :o

Mum says that your hands and feet grow first, then your body, so hopefully I'll be the height I want soon :pi:

i wouldnt worry sweetie - iv just had my 2nd proper growth spurt and im 18 :p

HappyShannon
24-01-10, 19:21
i wouldnt worry sweetie - iv just had my 2nd proper growth spurt and im 18 :p

I want a growth spurt :pi:
I do like my height though, seeing as the last positive thing I said I was doubting myself :o I'm 5 foot 3 inches, which is kinda tall compared to the girls in my class, and I like being tall :p

lara c. fan
24-01-10, 19:22
I do like my height though, seeing as the last positive thing I said I was doubting myself :o I'm 5 foot 3 inches, which is kinda tall compared to the girls in my class, and I like being tall :p

You're about 1 1/2 inches away from me :p

Your_Envy*
24-01-10, 19:22
I like my hair and my eyes.. Sometimes also my long legs (I am 1,78 cm tall). :o

I also like that people trust me. :)

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-10, 19:24

that is tall - i'm 5 ft 4.5 :p thats small/medium height for my age

you'll grow don't worry - i only started coming into proportion in year 11 :p

HappyShannon
24-01-10, 19:24
You're about 1 1/2 inches away from me :p

Well, I'm actually 5 foot and 2.5 inches :pi: I just rounded it up :D

I will catch up to you, soon. :pi:

Oh, that's good :o:D
One of my friends if 5 ft 6 :pi:
She's 12.

lara c. fan
24-01-10, 19:38

O-o
I'm as tall as you (pretty much) :pi:

FourBalls
24-01-10, 19:41
I'm proud of my taste in music. I can't listen to a song just for the sake of it. It has to interest me.

And then some other stuff that I can't be bothered to write about atm :p

woody543
24-01-10, 20:26
Ooo I hate you, you've made me have to think about things I like about myself! Grrrr :P

Erm well after an hour of deliberating, I've decided my lips (not too big, not too small) my ability and love for books, and my semi-nerdiness (only wishing I was more nerdy)

Catracoth
24-01-10, 20:27
I love everything about me, as should everyone else about themselves.

xXhayleyroxXx
24-01-10, 20:29
O-o
I'm as tall as you (pretty much) :pi:

awesome :p

@happyshannon - yeah that is good :hug:

oocladableeblah
24-01-10, 20:33
My open mindedness to people and being able to just listen to them.

-Chromeo-
24-01-10, 20:40
I'd say I'm emotionally strong, and don't let negative things affect me. If they do I get over it pretty quick, and it helps when people try to backstab you, then I kinda go "whatever it's not worth it to ruin my day". =)
Yay!