PDA

View Full Version : what have core design done???

danjodan
22-01-10, 22:24
i typed in core design and here is what came up http://www.coredesign-inc.com/

Cheat Raider
22-01-10, 22:29
That's not the core design we know, that's for sure.

TheBloodRed
22-01-10, 22:30
Looks like now that the company doesn't exist anymore, someone else can take the name. BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

An entrepreneur is using the name and has added ", Inc." to it to allow the name's use. xD
--

Has nothing to do with the Eidos company of course.

da tomb raider!
22-01-10, 22:32
Indeed, "Core Design Inc." is just a company that happens to share the same name as our Core Design. It doesn't actually have anything to do with them. There are loads of companies that are called Core Design, in fact, but only one of those companies created Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. :)

Eddie Haskell
22-01-10, 22:34
Oh yeah, after they got canned from Tomb Raider they decided to branch out into in a more lucrative field. They are designing and engineering a life size, robotic Lara for the consumer market. It should be out in a few years, but it won't look or act like CD's Lara.

da tomb raider!
22-01-10, 22:37
Life-sized, robotic Lara? Consider me interested.

Eddie Haskell
22-01-10, 22:39
Life-sized, robotic Lara? Consider me interested.

It's not anatomically correct though. It's like a full size Barbie doll... ;)

da tomb raider!
22-01-10, 22:41
Consider me even more interested.

Eddie Haskell
22-01-10, 22:43
Consider me even more interested.

They also are making a life-size Kurtis doll for the ladies, and for the, well...you know... ;)

Phlip
22-01-10, 23:10
Indeed, "Core Design Inc." is just a company that happens to share the same name as our Core Design. It doesn't actually have anything to do with them. There are loads of companies that are called Core Design, in fact, but only one of those companies created Lara Croft and Tomb Raider. :)

Isn't that copyright infringement? The first person should have patented the name.

da tomb raider!
22-01-10, 23:29
Isn't that copyright infringement? The first person should have patented the name.

I imagine that minor changes (in this case, "Inc.") make it legal. The country in which the company is based in might bypass any copyright infringements, too (Tomb Raider's Core Design was of course based in the UK, whilst the company in hand seems to be based in America). I'm no expert, though.

TRfan23
22-01-10, 23:53
Seems Eidos own's Core Design's website to - http://www.coredesign.com/

They also are making a life-size Kurtis doll for the ladies, and for the, well...you know... ;)

:vlol: I can tell this is a joke right?

da tomb raider!
23-01-10, 00:02
Seems Eidos own's Core Design's website to - http://www.coredesign.com/

:vlol: I can tell this is a joke right?

No mention of Core Design there, then. :(

And it better not be a joke. I'm looking forward to my threesome.

TRfan23
23-01-10, 00:32
^ Do you even know your gender yet from seeing the poll? lol.
You never know you might be neither male nor female ;) Be a bit hard for the old, you know what I mean :p

TRBeth
23-01-10, 00:48
The Tomb Raider CORE was Core Design, Ltd....not inc,

da tomb raider!
23-01-10, 01:35
^ Do you even know your gender yet from seeing the poll? lol.
You never know you might be neither male nor female ;) Be a bit hard for the old, you know what I mean :p

Nah, I've been thinking, and I reckon that I'm both. :)

T-Sex
23-01-10, 12:39
That company kicks ass.

Vince C.
23-01-10, 13:54

Imagine what would happened if it had been true for knives, forks, spoons, hammers, nails, doors, windows (erm... no, not windows, it's done already :D)

lara c. fan
23-01-10, 14:47
This :tmb:
Oh yeah, after they got canned from Tomb Raider they decided to branch out into in a more lucrative field. They are designing and engineering a life size, robotic Lara for the consumer market. It should be out in a few years, but it won't look or act like CD's Lara.

:vlol:
That would be awesome :p

tomblover
23-01-10, 15:05
I believe Core's official name was something like CORE Design Ltd.

Mytly
23-01-10, 18:12
Moving to General Chat.

SomeRandomEnemy
12-02-10, 18:39
I do believe, but don't count me on this, that they changed their name after Eidos announced that Crystal Dynamics were taking over Tomb Raider. I think they became Circle Studios or something along the line.

Either way, Core should really have patened that name XD .

SLAYER
12-02-10, 19:46
circle was another studio created by former core employes.
and i think core's website was core-design.com

Atlantisfreak666
12-02-10, 21:28
That website completely freaked me out for some reason.

marla_biggs
12-02-10, 21:39
The music <3

SomeRandomEnemy
12-02-10, 23:50
circle was another studio created by former core employes.

Fair enough :D . At least Core lived on somehow, even if only through a few people.

da tomb raider!
13-02-10, 00:15
Fair enough :D . At least Core lived on somehow, even if only through a few people.

Unfortunately not. Circle Studio shut down in 2007.

SomeRandomEnemy
13-02-10, 01:05
Oh... Maybe not then, huh?

michaeldt
13-02-10, 01:46
Oh... Maybe not then, huh?

well, some Core members went to work for Rebellion, most of them who went there have worked on the new AVP game! :D

SomeRandomEnemy
13-02-10, 01:59
Cool! :D

I didn't know they were doing another AVP. At least, I'm sure they've done one before. Go on, Core people! Carry on the good fight, and all that jazz.

da tomb raider!
13-02-10, 15:48
well, some Core members went to work for Rebellion, most of them who went there have worked on the new AVP game! :D

As far as I know, no Core Design members worked on the upcoming Aliens VS Predator game. That was done by Rebellion Oxford; the former members of Core Design were working at Rebellion Derby. Also, as you might recall, Rebellion Derby was faced with getting closed down a few weeks ago - I don't think that we ever got a final confirmation, but it probably happened, given Rebellion Derby's last two incredibly poorly-received games. If that's the case, then I don't believe that there's any other teams consisting of former Core Design members. There's bound to be a few former employees still working in the gaming industry, but they're probably working individually and sepearately from each other now, as opposed to being part of a team like they once were. :(

SomeRandomEnemy
13-02-10, 17:50
A sad fact of life I suppose. At least Core were awesome once upon a time, and we have that, and the games they made, to be thankful for :) .

da tomb raider!
13-02-10, 21:11
^ Quite right. :)