PDA

View Full Version : Whedonverse magazine

InVisibleLight
24-01-10, 23:03
Hey everyone check this out.

This is entirely fanmade dedicated to any of Joss Whedon's works.

http://rmh223.blogspot.com/2010/01/whedonverse-magazine-non-profit-fan.html

and the full magazine is here:

http://forum.slayalive.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=9359&page=1

http://btvsfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=TV&action=display&thread=16834&page=1

http://dollhouseforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1845

http://www.buffy-boards.com/showthread.php?p=775638#post775638

Catracoth
24-01-10, 23:04
Joss who?

viper456
24-01-10, 23:05
Joss who?

The creator of Buffy and Dollhouse etc. Hes kinda well known :p

Catracoth
24-01-10, 23:06
Can't say I've heard of him.

AmericanAssassin
24-01-10, 23:06
He's one of the most famous TV director/writers in existence.

Cochrane
24-01-10, 23:07
Joss who?

I'd say that if you have to ask this question, you probably won't have any use for this anyway. Still: Joss Whedon is an american script writer, noted for creating the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and recently Dollhouse, the internet series "Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog", weird names for his products, the movie Serenity and some other stuff.

Edit to add:He's one of the most famous TV director/writers in existence.
That may be an exaggeration. His shows were never that successful compared to many others, and folks like JJ Abrams and Gene Roddenberry may be safely said to be more important. That being said, he certainly is one of my favorite TV directors and writers.

viper456
24-01-10, 23:07
Can't say I've heard of him.

Well I'm sure if you look him up you will be familiar with a lot of his work at least. Buffy being the big example.

AmericanAssassin
24-01-10, 23:09
That may be an exaggeration. His shows were never that successful compared to many others, and folks like JJ Abrams and Gene Roddenberry may be safely said to be more important. That being said, he certainly is one of my favorite TV directors and writers.

I really don't think it's an exaggeration at all. He's one of the few director/writers that you can read about in all of the tabloids. People go crazy trying to figure out what he's going to do next.

Plus, Buffy/Angel has one of the largest cult followings out there. That can't be denied.

InVisibleLight
24-01-10, 23:10
He's also written comics like he had a 4 arc run on Astonishing X-men and wrote Fray: Future Slayer. he even contributed a line to the X-men movie. "do you know what happens to a Toad that gets struck by lightning?"

It doesn't matter how mainstream or popular he is, its that if you like his work you can appreciate it if thats your thing.

viper456
24-01-10, 23:10
I really don't think it's an exaggeration at all. He's one of the few director/writers that you can read about in all of the tabloids. People go crazy trying to figure out what he's going to do next.

Plus, Buffy/Angel has one of the largest cult followings out there. That can't be denied.

^^Or how his next TV series is going to flop lol. Shame really, I loved Dollhouse!

Catracoth
24-01-10, 23:11
He's one of the most famous TV director/writers in existence.

That may be an exaggeration. His shows were never that successful compared to many others, and folks like JJ Abrams and Gene Roddenberry may be safely said to be more important.

I was going to say the same thing. He obviously isn't that famous if there are people who haven't heard of him. I've heard of his shows, but I've not heard his name until now. Now JJ Abrams on the other hand, is the genius behind Alias.

AmericanAssassin
24-01-10, 23:11
^ Ummm. You're definitely in a minority, having never heard of him.

I'm excited that he's going to direct an episode of Glee and that he may develop his next show on FX. I think he'll do good there. :)

Catracoth
24-01-10, 23:14

And your point is? I didn't realize it was a global threat not to know who he is, and not to mention I can name about 400 other people who haven't heard of him as well.

Minty Mouth
24-01-10, 23:14
Firefly! Whoo!

Cochrane
24-01-10, 23:26

Well…*considering Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, James Cameron and so on…

I hadn't ever heard of him either (thinking that Buffy was a child's show somewhat like Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which I never liked), until I checked out Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog because I was bored.

Look, there are many people out there who love his work, and in the geek-centric part of the internet, you can almost think it's everybody, but the fact of the matter is that we're still the minority. We just found a way to network. The fact that Firefly got cancelled for bad viewer numbers while House is nearing it's seventh season should give you an indication.

woody543
24-01-10, 23:39
I love Joss! He's my actual hero! haha (I'm so sad!)

Not to sure about the magazine though, it seems a bit all over the place, it needs a standard theme throughout. It also seems to be mainly concentrating on Angel...

Many people seem to forget that Joss also wrote the screenplay for Toy Story!