PDA

View Full Version : If TRL was redone with TRU's everything..

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 00:21
Okay, so lets say TRL was redone with TRU's graphics, lara's equiptment, better selection of guns, larger levels, better puzzles, more interactable objects (rock climbing, poll balencing, running and swinging ) and less enemies..
Do you think legend would have been a more enjoyable game?

I'm not saying " LETS REDO LEGEND " .. but i'd like to have opinions. :)

Phlip
25-01-10, 00:25
They're both pieces of ****, but for different reasons to each other. So overall no.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 00:30
^
really? I rather liked both of them, not as much as the CORE DESIGNE games, but i didn't hate them.

I thought that it would've made the game better.

Phlip
25-01-10, 00:37
TRU had terrible bugs and glitchy gameplay, whilst Legend was just a rubbish "Tomb Raider" in itself. TRL would have been better if for example TRU was made first before Legend and Anniversary, and there where no gameplay/engine changes because they would have taken the few bits of feedback they did.

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 00:41
I prefer Legend's background music over Underworld's. <.<

Legend had color at least in some areas(Japan definitely), Underworld seems like the color of the specific area is the color you see everywhere(Artic: white/blue, ship: gray, etc)

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:05
so you guys are looking at the environment more so than the graphics and laras equitment and things she's capable of doing.
I did like the variety of legends levels aswell though.

TheBloodRed
25-01-10, 01:08
Legend was good otherwise. I mean I seemed to enjoy it. D:

My fave part of Legend that I wish would return giant crevasses that were fun!
Most notably Ghana's giant toilet bowel of doom! :D

I found myself killing myself by jumping off of things in Legend a lot funner whereas in Anniversary and Underworld I feel so cramped in. :/

(I have jumped off the high ledge in Nepal, bounced off lower ledge and into the plane, then plane then proceeded to slide down the cliff side. I sooo wanted a video of its epicness!!)

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:13
^
so perhaps TRU could take a lesson from TRL in this case.

larafan25
25-01-10, 01:21
They're both pieces of ****, but for different reasons to each other. So overall no.

Clearly underworld is an improvement upon legend in the way of becoming a tomb raider game. If Lara is given tons more moves, the graphics are updated, there is more to do in the environments, the puzzles have fastly improved....There is change and there is improvement, put legend on one engine and it may just change, however put it on underworld's engine and it upgrades majorly.

You don't need to like a game to understand it's quality when compared to another game.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:28
^
I totally agree! :D

Phlip
25-01-10, 01:28
Clearly underworld is an improvement upon legend in the way of becoming a tomb raider game. If Lara is given tons more moves, the graphics are updated, there is more to do in the environments, the puzzles have fastly improved....There is change and there is improvement, put legend on one engine and it may just change, however put it on underworld's engine and it upgrades majorly.

You don't need to like a game to understand it's quality when compared to another game.

Yes but things like colour usage, controls and glitches are a downgrade from Legend.

Catracoth
25-01-10, 01:29
I think Legend is fine as it is.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:31
^
There's always room for improvement in the technological world!

T-Sex
25-01-10, 08:10
I agree with Phlip to be honest. And if it was remade the only thing it would improve is graphics. Since you basically stuck on to everything and glitchily flew through the air to grab a ledge in underworld, it would probabaly make the gameplay in legend worse.

EscondeR
25-01-10, 08:15
Legend has too many things to be redone to form a decent game - therefore not worth it - easier to make a new one with straight hands and state of mind than fix that one ;)

Dennis's Mom
25-01-10, 12:34
Legend is what it is: an action game starring Lara Croft. Changing the graphics wouldn't impress me much----although everything Lara wore in TRU was an improvement over Legend, even the a$$suit. So if that's included, it would be an improvement for me.

Still won't ever play it again. :D

Paddy
25-01-10, 15:21
If it was done better like Underworld Id be the same, finish it and never play it after that.
Legend is a game that I enjoyed on first play through but is too boring to play again.
Same with Underworld.

HappyShannon
25-01-10, 16:29
I think the only thing that needs improving is maybe the graphics, and more challenging puzzles :D

Other than that, Legend is great :) In my opinion :3

gremlinta
25-01-10, 18:53
Okay, so lets say TRL was redone with TRU's graphics, lara's equiptment, better selection of guns, larger levels, better puzzles, more interactable objects (rock climbing, poll balencing, running and swinging ) and less enemies..

That would be pretty cool IMHO. After playing TRU I miss some of the moves from TRU when I play TRL like being able to pull up and balance on poles. I like Lara's walk in TRL more. But TRL with TRU's graphics would be awesome.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 19:18
^
yeah :)

i thought legend was a great game to replay, had a great story, one that didn't get old. and had LOTS of story, not just a cutscene every 2 hours of gameplay (BORING!) .. i actually enjoyed legend more than TRU actually.
even TRA wasn't that good as far as i'm concerned...

ThatNorskChick
25-01-10, 23:20
From a technical standpoint, I think Legend is much better than TRU. So it would make Legend suck even more.

larafan25
26-01-10, 00:57
Yes but things like colour usage, controls and glitches are a downgrade from Legend.

Colour usage has nothing to do with what materials they were using, it has to do with the artistic direction taken. Controls didn't really change, the gun buttuns were moved down to make room for more moves and there was a kick added. As for the glitches, yes those are a problem.

ozzman
26-01-10, 02:47
i want to see a new tomb raider with the core era gameplay, it just looked better [i saw some LE leves and they had amazing graphics, i also liked the way the original games looked, maybe a mixture of both the new era of TR and old, i want more atmosphere, and Underworld had that, in a way,

Vickkyyy
26-01-10, 03:54
I think that the Core's Lara in general looked much better, but Crystals Environment is more seamless.
Although if they worked together i'm sure they'd make a masterpeice. All core needs is a new engine that they can master with their technique .

SamReeves
26-01-10, 06:36
Legend had lots of potential, and I wished it lived up to it. Otherwise graphics wouldn't have mattered, nor would I wish to change them now. Increasing the length of Legend would have done a lot for it.

T-Sex
26-01-10, 08:25
Increasing the length of Legend would have done a lot for it.

Not really, i was sick of it by the end.

Paddy
26-01-10, 08:55
Legend had lots of potential, and I wished it lived up to it. Otherwise graphics wouldn't have mattered, nor would I wish to change them now. Increasing the length of Legend would have done a lot for it.

Agreed, that was the main thing I hated about Legend was how short it was.

lunavixen
26-01-10, 14:25
i actually like both games just the way they are, granted the extra moves in Underworld did enhance the way Lara moved within the levels and i wouldn't have minded if Legend was a little longer, but other than that i think the game is fine as is

tranniversary119
26-01-10, 15:19
Why? Both of them are fine the way they are, IMO. Let's forget the past, and move on to the future.

AmericanAssassin
26-01-10, 15:27
The only things that bother me about Legend are the linearity of it and its length. More so its length. So, making it prettier wouldn't affect much.

What you're talking about is a whole new game, it looks like. I'd rather CD focus on the next game...

Vickkyyy
26-01-10, 16:54
^
well of course.
I never said i wanted a Legend remake, i just wanted to see people's opinions.
Also, i think that if Lara's moves (climbing and blancing and such ) would have been incoorperated in legend, it might've been longer. Maybe since Lara was soo limited, they ran out of ideas.

Ultimate_Lara
27-01-10, 02:42
They were both good, but could've improved.

anniversarytr11
28-01-10, 00:22

no, why do you want the terrible rock climbging, poll balancing and swinging? along with the ledges I find CD's level design annoying, so repetitive and not very replayable, why didn't they keep the maze like explore gameplay style of core? I still play core's tomb raiders now after more than a decade and I still get lost and appreciate their level design and find it enjoyable

^
well of course.
I never said i wanted a Legend remake, i just wanted to see people's opinions.
Also, i think that if Lara's moves (climbing and blancing and such ) would have been incoorperated in legend, it might've been longer. Maybe since Lara was soo limited, they ran out of ideas.

hello? do you know what tomb raider is about?! its not about what moves lara can do its about exploration, lara was MUCH more limited in core's games and yet they made games 3 time the length and 3 times better

Mercenary
28-01-10, 02:37
Lengend was a good game for me. I mean, it was a HUGE jump in the franchise, and now that the "Amanda" storyline is done with, we might get what we wanted.

As for Underworlds everything in Legend, i do agree. the only things that should be kept in legend compared to underworld are the boss fights, those playable cutscenes ( i likes em, i dont think anyone else did..) and thats about it.

Vickkyyy
28-01-10, 04:05
no, why do you want the terrible rock climbging, poll balancing and swinging? along with the ledges I find CD's level design annoying, so repetitive and not very replayable, why didn't they keep the maze like explore gameplay style of core? I still play core's tomb raiders now after more than a decade and I still get lost and appreciate their level design and find it enjoyable

hello? do you know what tomb raider is about?! its not about what moves lara can do its about exploration, lara was MUCH more limited in core's games and yet they made games 3 time the length and 3 times better

I liked the rock climbing, poll balancing and swinging. Its new, and better than anything Lara could do so far.

AND yes, i know what tomb raider is about. No need to freak out. IMO i think the more Lara can do, the more she can explore.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no need to bash someones opinion. :wve:

almayah
28-01-10, 11:18
Well is puzzles were a bit harder, then yes. But I don't really care about moves

almayah
28-01-10, 11:20
I liked the rock climbing, poll balancing and swinging. Its new, and better than anything Lara could do so far.

AND yes, i know what tomb raider is about. No need to freak out. IMO i think the more Lara can do, the more she can explore.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, no need to bash someones opinion. :wve:

Poll balancing was something Lara could do in chronicles and before, it's nothing new. So is rock climbing-sort of.

Phlip
28-01-10, 15:45

She could do all of those in Core's games anyway. The free climbing was actually more advanced, too.

Poker15
07-02-10, 20:49
id say yes it would be nice with a remake i actually like cd's games more than eidos and core's ones i always give up on every lvl in clasic games:p

HappyShannon
07-02-10, 21:13
id say yes it would be nice with a remake i actually like cd's games more than eidos and core's ones i always give up on every lvl in clasic games:p

That's the same with me :p
I tried to play TR1 last month when I was off school ill, and I couldn't get past the first part of the first level :vlol:
I had too much trouble getting up those two ledges after the dart hallway :vlol:
Except I was doing great with AOD, until my game crashed... :rolleyes:

Vickkyyy
08-02-10, 03:34
HOLY POO!
i forgot you about the smoother rock/vine climbing in AOD.. that was awesome! :o
jeeze.. i guess CD has some things to learn.. and i remember that you could so such thing in TRC, but its more advanced now (poll walking and such)

TombOfRaiders
08-02-10, 13:31
If TRL was redone with TRU's everything...FAIL!

Just like putting crap and crap together, you get more crap.

[Xmas]
08-02-10, 19:08
No, both games should stay as they are at this moment ;)

NCHSDK
13-02-10, 03:50
I'm definitely going to say I'd rather keep Legend's just how it was. I actually enjoyed Legends graphics and Lara model better than Underworlds. Plus, Legend's Lara was B.A. and Underworld's Lara, was rather whiny.

scremanie
13-02-10, 06:44
Well.. I very much dislike Legend and Anni is not much of an improvement.. but I very much enjoy Underworld. :wve:

Ivo
13-02-10, 07:53
I think Legend is fine as it is.
And so do I! :D
It was the first Tomb Raider game I've played and I still think it's a good game! ;)

daventry
13-02-10, 08:17
If TRL wasabout Excalibur and Avalon, then the Game and Story would've been Great with Anya/Amanda/Rutland/Winston/Lara and the Dais Allone, then Lara and Amanda could've gone through the Gate together (like in TRU) where Amanda goes on her Rampage Revenge and Lara shoots her in the Leg and leave her to die. (TRU Deleted Cutscene)

So yes i would play TRL if it was like TRU.

sikasika18
13-02-10, 12:03
When we heard about TRL with Excalibur and Avalon, we thought it was going to be Another Classic TR Game made by Americans called Crystal Dynamics, but then Toby Gard came and said it was all gona be about Mamma and her Little Girl Lara Croft Archeohologist Wannabe. Aaaaw :rolleyes:

So we made Threads and Discussions and Ideas about Avalon/Arthur/Excalibur when we assumed we were going through this Gate to a Mythical Land.

The Game and Story would've been Great if it was about Amanda/Rutland/Winston/Lara and the Dais Allone, then Lara and Amanda could've gone through the Gate together (like in TRU) Amanda goes on her Rampage Revenge and Lara shoots her in the Leg and leave her to die. (TRU Deleted Cutscene)

TRU wasent even needed if you cut out Mommy/Natla/Amanda/Zip/Alister/Doppleganger and the Game would've been great if it was about Lara and the Hammer and also with Peter/Jessica and the Eye of Odin.

The Girl gets Posessed by the Staff of Odin and Peter askes the Help of Lara Croft and she goes on a Journey to find the Hammer and stops Ragnarok (A Real Beast) Summoned by Jessica and then Lara saves the Girl.

this has nothing to do with the question.
and u have posted this in another thread.

Lara Fan 4Life
13-02-10, 13:10
Plus, Legend's Lara was B.A. and Underworld's Lara, was rather whiny.

I'm sure you're getting mixed up, as Legend Lara is the whiny character, while Underworld Lara was more of the Lara we all liked from the start!

almayah
13-02-10, 14:08
I don't hate C.D, but I don't like it eighter :P

xXhayleyroxXx
13-02-10, 21:42
i enjoyed legend anyway but yeah :)

i love re-playing legend xx

dinoslayer
13-02-10, 22:29
i enjoyed legend anyway but yeah :)

i agree...
i replay legend the most out of the three games :ton:

Lara Fan 4Life
13-02-10, 22:59

Legend is one of my most replayed TR games, just because it's so easy to dip in and out of the game unlike the other games in the series!

Los Angeles
13-02-10, 23:10

:hug:

anniversarytr11
13-02-10, 23:50
yeh totally! sure! why not add more ledges! more poles! rubbish animation! even more mommy! stroyline! why not have lara were more revealing outfits! even spyro getaway to glimmer is less linear and more imaginative game design!

Mokono
14-02-10, 00:42
TRU engine is, in my oppinion, the cherry that could crown the three last Crystal games, but is it really good enough? As mentioned, i believe there are many limitations in TRU engine (such as the scripted ledges) that make it dull, bUt the gameplay is still very entertaining, and i enjoyed it on my 360. I think that in order to make a propper "legend" they should improve TRU engine "a little", at least enough to cover all the claims of classic fans (this humble zebra included). However, Legend is still not old enough to be remade, but what if it included the guns and level sets that were taken away? It could probably shine a little, and serve as a learning path for CD to build a propper TR game.

almayah
15-02-10, 14:39
Accually I never cared about equipment. In legend I always used pistols(exept Amanda Hybrid boss fight), I almost never used the flashlight, and I never used binoculars. So,... my oppinion stays the same LEGEND IS A PIECE OD *?!"