PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Rocks! (iPhone sucks!)

Real Life Raider
25-01-10, 00:01
Hello Folks!

I recently upgraded my mobile cellphone to a BlackBerry Curve and it really is awesome! :jmp:

I shoulda done it ages ago. It is sooooooo cool and tons better than the glitchy twitchy iPhone! :hea:

Any other BB users out there??!! :cln:

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 00:03
I miss my BlackBerry. I had to downgrade. Imagine having that thing you love taken from you. It's horrible. :(

Catracoth
25-01-10, 00:06
I was going to get a Blackberry from AT&T when I switch to them in April, but I decided on an iPhone instead :wve:. Blackberries are indeed quality phones but I think iPhones are better.

Bongo Fury
Mine died a couple of months ago and I'm kind of cranky about having to get another so i'm going with my old phone for now. Not sure what I'll get yet.

Vickkyyy
okay, i've never owned a blackberry.
but what does it mean when "The Blackberry Network" is down? :confused:

Real Life Raider
I miss my BlackBerry. I had to downgrade. Imagine having that thing you love taken from you. It's horrible. :(

I'm truly sorry for your loss AmericanAssassin :(

Catracoth
25-01-10, 00:09
okay, i've never owned a blackberry.
but what does it mean when "The Blackberry Network" is down? :confused:

Precisely that. The network that supports the Blackberry service is down, aka not working.

Johnnay
25-01-10, 00:15
pffffffffffffff wait for the next iPhone announcement sometime this week

yes a new iPhone 4G is being announced next week according to the press

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 00:19
Precisely that. The network that supports the Blackberry service is down, aka not working.

Yes, okay. But i don't get how blackberry has it's own network? Dosn't you're blackberry just go through your PHONE company? (aka-Bell/Rogers/Telus)

What does this blackberry network do?

Catracoth
25-01-10, 00:22
Yes, okay. But i don't get how blackberry has it's own network? Dosn't you're blackberry just go through your PHONE company? (aka-Bell/Rogers/Telus) What does this blackberry network do?

The Blackberry Network, much like the Sidekick and iPhone networks are separate yet connected to/from your phone company. The company offers individual support for select [popular] products. For instance, the 3G network is separated from the general service because it's a different network. Chances are, if you've a phone with it's own network, it's easier to get assistance.

Hyper_Crazy
25-01-10, 00:23
Oh I love mine. (L)

Catracoth
25-01-10, 00:24
pffffffffffffff wait for the next iPhone announcement sometime this week, yes a new iPhone 4G is being announced next week according to the press

Actually, it's rumoured to be announced. No one really knows what Apple is up to just yet.

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 00:25
I intend to work this summer and save up for a new BlackBerry. My contract ends in August. Perfect for the next school year. :mis:

miss.haggard
25-01-10, 00:32
I enjoy my BB to a modest extent. The $30 for internet, not so much. **** you ATT.... **** you...

Hyper_Crazy
25-01-10, 00:34
What? I pay £10 a month and get unlimited interent and 300 texts, and then £5 taken off for the messenger.

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 00:35
I enjoy my BB to a modest extent. The $30 for internet, not so much. **** you ATT.... **** you...

I didn't mind the money. It was nice having it on hand at all times... I was through Verizon, though. ;)

Real Life Raider
25-01-10, 00:37

In uk you get BIS on most tariffs free :)

miss.haggard
25-01-10, 00:38
Well you guys must be lucky. Out here its ATT or no phone service. I had to drop the internet to save money. $30 is practically what we spend on internet for our house, like 1,000 times faster?

Not worth it IMO.

Little-Lara
25-01-10, 00:39
pffffffffffffff wait for the next iPhone announcement sometime this week

yes a new iPhone 4G is being announced next week according to the press

Noo. Are you serious? Has it even been 6 months since the 3G came out.
Meh. I use T-mobile, Behold, its ok. Would like to get a better one tho. :D

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 00:39
The Blackberry Network, much like the Sidekick and iPhone networks are separate yet connected to/from your phone company. The company offers individual support for select [popular] products. For instance, the 3G network is separated from the general service because it's a different network. Chances are, if you've a phone with it's own network, it's easier to get assistance.

I kind of understand .. What could these networks provide that a regular phone network dosn't provide.
I won't even ASK what a 3G network is. (always wondered, but i probably wont understand the explination) -.-

(no, i'm not living in a cave, i'm just not good with this kind of stuff.)

Johnnay
25-01-10, 00:51
Noo. Are you serious? Has it even been 6 months since the 3G came out.
Meh. I use T-mobile, Behold, its ok. Would like to get a better one tho. :D

well thats what im seeing at google news though

Catracoth
25-01-10, 00:51
I kind of understand .. What could these networks provide that a regular phone network dosn't provide.
I won't even ASK what a 3G network is. (always wondered, but i probably wont understand the explination) -.-

(no, i'm not living in a cave, i'm just not good with this kind of stuff.)

It's just better support and individual attention. Smartphones do a lot more than regular phones, thus their own network within the phone company is an excellent thing. 3G, without going into too much detail to confuse you, is basically the second best thing, after the 4G network that Sprint claims to have.

Well you guys must be lucky. Out here its ATT or no phone service. I had to drop the internet to save money. $30 is practically what we spend on internet for our house, like 1,000 times faster?

Not worth it IMO.

Too true. With me, the Internet on the iPhone and the iPod Touch is incredibly fast compared to that of other phones. I haven't tested the Internet on a Blackberry myself, but I hear it's not that fast. I don't know what plans you all have, but with AT&T here, Internet comes free with Blackberries.

da tomb raider!
25-01-10, 00:55
I bet I'm the only person here who doesn't have a BlackBerry, iPhone, or any other digital audio player thingy!

Real Life Raider
25-01-10, 01:01

They're not actually networks, they're service providers. ;)

Catracoth
25-01-10, 01:06
They're not actually networks, they're service providers. ;)

Well, the term 'network' is what the phone company uses when referring to the individual services for Blackberries, iPhones, Sidekicks, and other smartphones. I'm going by what they call it for the sake of accuracy.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:36
It's just better support and individual attention. Smartphones do a lot more than regular phones, thus their own network within the phone company is an excellent thing. 3G, without going into too much detail to confuse you, is basically the second best thing, after the 4G network that Sprint claims to have.

that really dosn't explain anything! D:
why is 3G different from regular service other than better assistance/attention? Is it higher quality? Faster? Cheaper?

I understand that Blackberry's send e-mails and you can do IM / MSN on them and such, does that have anything to do with it?

Catracoth
25-01-10, 01:51
That's what I said :p. 3G and 4G are better than regular services. Higher quality and much faster than regular. But not all phones are 3/4G capable--mainly smartphones.

irjudd
25-01-10, 02:20
I agree with the sentiments that iPhone sucks, but I don't really like Blackberry devices that much either.

ThatNorskChick
25-01-10, 02:28
I bet I'm the only person here who doesn't have a BlackBerry, iPhone, or any other digital audio player thingy!

No, you are not. :hug:

NemesisxAngelus
25-01-10, 03:27
I don't own a BlackBerry or iPhone but if I had to choose, BB. Simply because I detest touchscreens with a passion. Even though my current phone is semi touch but at least it has a slideable QWERTY keyboard.

sephiroth99
25-01-10, 03:49
that really dosn't explain anything! D:
why is 3G different from regular service other than better assistance/attention? Is it higher quality? Faster? Cheaper?

I understand that Blackberry's send e-mails and you can do IM / MSN on them and such, does that have anything to do with it?

I'll try to explain.

Your phone connects to the cellular network (the towers) operated by your cellphone company (bell, telus, rogeres, att, verizon, etc). Those networks are operating under different technologies. 3G is just the name of that technology. That defines the speed at wich you can download/upload with your phone.

(In reality, calling the network a 3G network is more of a marketing thing to do. Usually, the real name of the technology behind a "3G" network is HSPA. 3G just means 3rd generation because HSPA is the 3rd evolution of the bigger GSM standard.

(Sometimes you will also see 3.5G. That usually means it's a HSDPA network, a small evolution for increased speed. We also start to hear about 4G. That's LTE, a new generation with even faster speeds.

(There is a lot more different technologies, but it's not that important to know all that technological stuff.)

The blackberry "network" is just a server you connect where it provides services and infos to your cellphone, for example blackberry messenger, blackberry email, weather, etc.

I hope it was clear and I didn't lost you :p

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 18:53
^
makes sense :)

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 18:55
I agree with the sentiments that iPhone sucks, but I don't really like Blackberry devices that much either.

Organization is the number one thing BlackBerry's offer. They're also rather simplistic, whereas the iPhone would be too complicated for the typical elder who's not up to date with technology...

tonyme
25-01-10, 19:08
I'm in love with my iPhone <3

MiCkiZ88
25-01-10, 19:23
I really really dislike the looks of Blackberry *massive brick* and hate the quality of iPhone.

Nokia for the win in quality, design and extreme price tag :p

Dina_Croft
25-01-10, 20:12
Pfff I was I had a BlackBerry.The're way too expensive for me:(

But hell yeah BB is better than iPhone.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/Dina_Croft/Blackberry_by_echelonluv.jpg

ihatecold17
26-01-10, 01:55
I love my Blackberry storm, and also that its on verizon. Blackberry messenger is pretty much a hobby of mine...

Vickkyyy
26-01-10, 03:28
So lets get right down to the pros an cons (FAIR)
of a blackberry vs. Iphone

Can anyone post pro's and cons? I've never owned either, so i can't say from personal experience.

disneyprincess20
26-01-10, 08:47
I love my BlackBerry, my partner has set me up wth one for a bit. It's amazing. However, loving the BB doens't necessarily mean that the person thinks the iPhone is crap. It's just not their cup of tea.

Dustie
26-01-10, 11:36
Interesting how BlackBerrys and iPhones are all over the place in the west. Barely anyone uses them here, unless they want to show others they can afford them. They're pretty expensive and people are way used to regular phones and are fine with phone keyboards to type texts.

Real Life Raider
26-01-10, 11:59
loving the BB doens't necessarily mean that the person thinks the iPhone is crap.

True but I have worked in the cellphone industry (o2) since the iPhone came out so, my opinions are qualified! ;)

disneyprincess20
26-01-10, 12:55
True but I have worked in the cellphone industry (o2) since the iPhone came out so, my opinions are qualified! ;)
I'm not referring to you specifucaly, I'm just avoiding over generalisation. I don't love the iPhone either, but I won't slate it becaue there are those who adore it. The Blackberry is a much better device in my opinion though!

LightningRider
26-01-10, 13:17
I dread touch screen phones. They make me dizzy, and my fingers are to big. :(

So BlackBerry, I choose you! :D

irjudd
26-01-10, 13:31
I don't own a BlackBerry or iPhone but if I had to choose, BB. Simply because I detest touchscreens with a passion. Even though my current phone is semi touch but at least it has a slideable QWERTY keyboard.I shared your sentiments at one point in time. But after quite a bit of research and testing I decided that I'd rather have the solid state of a touchscreen rather than have any moving parts in a mobile device that could compromise the integrity of the body of the device. I decided that anything that goes in my pocket and everywhere with me should not have any hinges or moving parts, since those are more prone to break.

Maybe if you were a cellphone developer/engineer. What is your position in the "cellphone industry"?

AmericanAssassin
26-01-10, 13:34

I don't care if you invented both the iPhone and the BlackBerry. I still wouldn't consider you "more qualified" than the rest of us. :rolleyes:

You should watch how you word things. That came off very rude...

Ilie_Fusarau
26-01-10, 13:36
I really really dislike the looks of Blackberry *massive brick* and hate the quality of iPhone.

Nokia for the win in quality, design and extreme price tag :p
:tmb:

Kiss-Bite
26-01-10, 13:38
Happy for you that your satisfied with your BlackBerry.;)

However, I've just got myself a very nice ipone & I'm more then satisfied.:D

MattTR
26-01-10, 13:44
I have never had a blackberry, but I have an iPhone and it works pefectly. It has literally millions of free apps and it does the job nicely, but I'm afraid it's too much for me and thinking of ditching it.. :whi:

iPhones = Overrated (And that's coming from someone who owns an iPhone) :ohn:

LightningRider
26-01-10, 13:59
:tmb:

OMG Forget the other two, Nokia is Win! :tmb:

BoyTRaider
26-01-10, 14:03
The BlackBerry is pretty nice. My stepfather has one.

I, on the other hand, have an iPhone. I usually don't see what people say about it being glitchy and stuff. I never had any of those problems with it. It does all I need, and more.

BlackBerry would have definitely been my second choice though.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
26-01-10, 14:08
A friend of mine visited recently and he has an iPhone through his work. He hates it with a passion... It's constantly dropping calls (and I live in Houston, not the middle of nowhere), his calendar froze 2 minutes before a conference call... He also said that if you use the push-email, the battery will die in 2~3 hours tops. None of that motivates me to ever own one.

Kiss-Bite
26-01-10, 15:30
I haven't experienced any issues or glitches with my iphone, none whatsoever!:)

michaeldt
26-01-10, 15:32
I'd rather a Iphone than a Blackberry :)

tonyme
26-01-10, 15:33
I haven't experienced any issues or glitches with my iphone, none whatsoever!:)

Same here. :tmb: I'm more than satisfied, it's amazing

asherz
26-01-10, 15:43
I love my BB

Surohicko
26-01-10, 15:46
I agree, Iphone sucks
But then again i don't like phones :wve:

michaeldt
26-01-10, 16:13
what do people have against Iphones? :confused:

Chocola teapot
26-01-10, 16:15
I like neither.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 16:15
There's a fine line between a phone being horrible and someone not liking it. It would be nice if people learned the difference :rolleyes:.

Surohicko
26-01-10, 16:27
What is the difference ?
Iphone is just like a phone, :wve:

Catracoth
26-01-10, 16:28
Oh yes, an iPhone is so much like this:

http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/archives/images/set2/oldtyle_phone.jpg

:rolleyes:

Surohicko
26-01-10, 16:33
Look just because you are those 'wannabes' here on these forums, doesn't mean you can come in here and accuse me :wve:

No it doesn't look like it but the phone has near about the same stuff has iphones :rolleyes:

Catracoth
26-01-10, 16:35
I think you ought to check yourself--accuse you of what? I haven't accused you of anything. And "wannabe" though? Really. Don't start an argument with me just because I'm defending the iPhone. If you can't discuss properly then be gone.

And the only thing the iPhone and the first cell phone have in common is the ability to call people on the go. I suggest you learn about the phone you're going against before talking crap about it. You just look damn ignorant.

Simochka
26-01-10, 16:37
I like neither.

Same here. I prefer sony ericsson :p

What is the difference ?
Iphone is just like a phone, :wve:

lolwut?!?

Anybody seen sony ericsson satio? It beats iPhone. And the camera is muuuch better. 12.1 mp :D My friend have that phone and I could kill to get one

Surohicko
26-01-10, 16:40
Ok, go ahead ill have an argument.

Why are using the first cell phone?

Why not use a MODERN phone? Seeing as the Iphone is modern :wve:
the MODERN phone Has just about the same abilities as the iphone

Catracoth
26-01-10, 16:42
Are you like, half-asleep or something? No one said I was using that dinosaur. I was pointing out how the iPhone is nothing like it. I do have a modern cell phone and the iPhone is far superior to any other phone I've seen, including the Blackberry.

"A modern phone has the same abilities as an iPhone." LMFAO. Have you even looked at an iPhone? Why are you clucking like a hen on a topic you know nothing about?

Simochka
26-01-10, 16:45
Ok, go ahead ill have an argument.

Why are using the first cell phone?

Why not use a MODERN phone? Seeing as the Iphone is modern :wve:
the MODERN phone Has just about the same abilities as the iphone

Whoa I would love if my phone had the same abilities as a iPhone.

But sadly no normal phones have that. I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about.:wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve ::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve::wve:

Surohicko
26-01-10, 16:45
I think you ought to check yourself--accuse you of what? I haven't accused you of anything. And "wannabe" though? Really. Don't start an argument with me just because I'm defending the iPhone. If you can't discuss properly then be gone.

And the only thing the iPhone and the first cell phone have in common is the ability to call people on the go. I suggest you learn about the phone you're going against before talking crap about it. You just look damn ignorant.

I have seen and used it, it is boring and it is like a MODERN phone, internet,games,photos

wow similarities :rolleyes:

irjudd
26-01-10, 16:46
Mason stop being a wannabe. What is it you want to be anyway?

Catracoth
26-01-10, 16:47
Surohicko, get a clue. I REFERENCED to the first cell phone. I didn't say I use it. PAY ATTENTION. And you clearly haven't used an iPhone if you think that's all it does. You're hilarious.

Mason stop being a wannabe. What is it you want to be anyway?

A journalist.

Simochka
26-01-10, 16:47

I have seen and used it, it is boring and it is like a MODERN phone, internet,games,photos

wow similarities :rolleyes:

Oh so you are talking about cellphones like sony ericsson, nokia etc? I thought you were talking about a regular home phone.

Then I guess you are kinda right :p

irjudd
26-01-10, 16:50
Oh! Becoming a journalist is a noble goal. Don't let anyone stomp on your dreams.

You guys are all confused. The iPhone is just like any current smartphone out there. And those shouldn't be compared to regular phones.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 16:50
Well then you are right. Most modern phones have the same abilities. IMO iPhone isn't very special and I don't get why everyone have or want one.

Not really. I mean, take the modern cell phone. Text messaging, (some) games, calling, and photos (providing it has a camera.) Take the iPhone. Text messaging, a smorgasbord of games, loads of applications, photos, video, directions, GPS, to name a few. The iPhone does a lot more than a modern phone.

Why do people have/want it? Because they find the features useful and enjoyable.

Oh! Becoming a journalist is a noble goal. Don't let anyone stomp on your dreams.

You needn't worry, I shan't :p.

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 16:51
A journalist.
Same :D

I'm guessing your being sarcastic here.

Don't.

Surohicko
26-01-10, 16:52
Surohicko, get a clue. I REFERENCED to the first cell phone. I didn't say I use it. PAY ATTENTION. And you clearly haven't used an iPhone if you think that's all it does. You're hilarious.

A journalist.

I didn't say you were actually using one, i meant you was using it to compare something modern when the first cell phone is indeed not modern :wve:

Of course it has more possibilities, but most of the features are like MODERN phones.

Oh so you are talking about cellphones like sony ericsson, nokia etc? I thought you were talking about a regular home phone.

Then I guess you are kinda right :p

Thank you :D

irjudd
26-01-10, 16:52
I'm guessing your being sarcastic here.

Don't.

Don't talk to me.

Simochka
26-01-10, 16:54
Not really. I mean, take the modern cell phone. Text messaging, (some) games, calling, and photos (providing it has a camera.) Take the iPhone. Text messaging, a smorgasbord of games, loads of applications, photos, video, directions, GPS, to name a few. The iPhone does a lot more than a modern phone.

Why do people have/want it? Because they find the features useful and enjoyable.

I edited it. Because I want a iPhone too xD. Or a sony ericsson satio. But the iPhone is cheaper and have the same abilities.

I agree. Most phone doesn't have the same abilities. What I meant was the iPhone isn't unique anymore because more phones gets touch screen & many of the abilities. But it's still one of the best phones around

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 16:54
Don't talk to me.

Fair enough.
I coulda got into an argument here, but it's against the thread topic.
PM's? :pi:

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:16
What do you guys have against the iPhone? Why is it "horrible"?

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:20
Because i have no interest in stuff like the iphone :wve:

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:21

If you have no interest in it, then it's horrible? How can you say that if you haven't even owned one?

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:27
If you have no interest in it, then it's horrible? How can you say that if you haven't even owned one?

That's what most of the world does, so why can't i?

can you say that if you haven't even owned one?
glorious invention called Friends ;)

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:28
Ok... Then you think it's horrible because your friends say it's horrible... Why do THEY think it's horrible?

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 17:29

Just cause most of the world apparently does, doesn't mean you should.

People kill, would you do that?

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:29
No they don't, i just used it and thought *sigh*

Just cause most of the world apparently does, doesn't mean you should.

People kill, would you do that?
Why not
Matters who though :pi:

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 17:32
Why not
Matters who though :pi:

You know how you came across there, right?

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:36
No they don't, i just used it and thought *sigh*

What a very reasonable argument to say it's horrible...

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:37
You know how you came across there, right?

That's what most of the world will choose :wve:

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 17:38
That's what most of the world will choose :wve:

What do you mean by that...?

Catracoth
26-01-10, 17:39
I didn't say you were actually using one, i meant you was using it to compare something modern when the first cell phone is indeed not modern :wve:

You didn't mention modern cell phones back when I posted that. Check again. You said the iPhone is no different than any other phone. You didn't use the word modern there :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: .

That doesn't make it horrible. :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve:

Because it makes you look like a bloody idiot. Whoops. Too late. :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve:

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:40
What do you mean by that...?

Not most people would like to kill those closet to them, would they?

@Tonyme All of us have opinions and this is my opinion :wve:

TombRaider4444
26-01-10, 17:40
iLove my iPhone 3G. Can't wait for apple to bring on the HD Video watching,Recording and trimming along with the supposed video chat camera and 4G network!

Catracoth
26-01-10, 17:41

Well for the future, you need to learn how to properly state your opinion :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: .

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:42

It's not an opinion if you just say it's "horrible" because of what you've been told

Surohicko
You didn't mention modern cell phones back when I posted that. Check again. You said the iPhone is no different than any other phone. You didn't use the word modern there :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: .

That doesn't make it horrible. :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve:

Because it makes you look like a bloody idiot. Whoops. Too late. :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve: :wve:

Since your one of 'them', i guess none of us could win. So let's just settle it
I dont like Iphones and you do :wve:
There, so just bog off

lara c. fan
Not most people would like to kill those closet to them, would they?

Again, what...?

Catracoth
Define 'them.'

It's not an opinion if you just say it's "horrible" because of what you've been told

+1

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:45

I havn't been told

My very own opinion :wve:

@Catracoth, Since this is settled, no need to talk to you :wve:

Cochrane
26-01-10, 17:45
I think it is perfectly valid to form an opinion based on a product someone else owns if you get to use it for a bit. For example, I hate Windows Mobile 6 with a passion, not because of it's reputation, but because I tried to use it, and it's horrible compared to actual modern phones with multi-touch. If I had gone only by second-hand opinion, I would have been forced to conclude that WinMo is great, though (those who have seem to love this crap).

As for Blackberry: They still make them? Cool, I wasn't aware of that.

tonyme
26-01-10, 17:46
i havn't been told

my very own opinion :wve:

lol

jackles
26-01-10, 17:47
So today we are bickering about....oh that should be discussing..... iphones?

Then lets keep the topic on track and wind those smilies back in please. Thanks! :wve:

Personally I would love both! Gadgets to play with = pleasure.

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:48
This is settled :wve:
End of

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 17:50
This is settled :wve:
End of

Not my question....

Surohicko
26-01-10, 17:51
The world wouldnt want to kill there friends, family etc ( The closet to them)
Make sense now?

jackles
26-01-10, 17:53
It is not making sense to me.

Back on topic...I would hate to have to delete spam.

tonyme
Make sense now?

You said it was settled, and "bog off" and "end of" like 3 times...

Surohicko
Ok im gone

lara c. fan
26-01-10, 18:03
Make sense now?

Not in the slightest...

Cochrane
26-01-10, 18:23
Wow, you guys sure are adding value to this discussion…

Speaking of Blackberrys: I am not really familiar with their current state. What web browser do they use (and how good is it)? What Twitter clients are there for it? How well does it play MP3s, videos and so on? Just curious.

Catracoth
26-01-10, 18:24
TwitterBerry is the best Blackberry application available.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 18:26
TwitterBerry is the best Blackberry application available.

Googled it, looked at the screenshots and level of polish it shows…*well, let's just say I'm happy I have an iPhone.

tonyme
26-01-10, 18:30
Twitteriffic for the iPhone looks better I think ;)

Catracoth
26-01-10, 18:30
What application do you use for Twitter? I'm a fan of Echofon, but I do use Twitterrific from time to time, but I stress the lack of a landscape keyboard for it.

tonyme
26-01-10, 18:32
What application do you use for Twitter? I'm a fan of Echofon, but I do use Twitterrific from time to time, but I stress the lack of a landscape keyboard for it.

I use Twitterrific but you're right about the landscape keyboard though it's not really an issue for me, the tweets are rather short ;)

Catracoth
26-01-10, 18:33
I've mastered the regular keyboard with it, but I've been using a QWERTY on my Sidekick for two years, so I'm so used to it, it seems medieval to use anything but :p. Echofon is my preference though--I think it's sleeker.

Cochrane
26-01-10, 18:35
Twitteriffic here as well. I don't use the landscape keyboard even in applications that offer it, and I was honestly not aware that Twitteriffic didn't have it until right now.

I also like to use Birdhouse occasionally, but I can't use it to reply to anything, it won't allow embedding images (which is just plain stupid)… and it doesn't have a landscape keyboard either, an odd decision for a write-only Twitter client.

Edit to add: I've looked up Echofon. It's user interface is not my favorite in terms of looks, but the unread synching with my Mac and the push messages sure look interesting. Maybe I'll give it a try.