Tempted, 6th Book
Burned, 7th Book (April 27, 2010)

The rest haven't been announced a release date. But here are the titles:
Stolen, 8th Book
Burdened, 9th Book
Touched, 10th Book
Cloaked, 11th Book
Wanted, 12th Book

Apparently there is going to be a movie made in the near future for Marked! Yay!

(For those of us who are still reading, please! No Spoilers!)

Catracoth
25-01-10, 01:26
I read a bit of Marked, but I couldn't get into the series. I find it boring and the writing can use some work. And a movie, of course :rolleyes:.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:30
^
Really? I instantly fell in love with it!
Although, i really think this vampire stuff is really getting shoved down our throat these days!
( At least this isn't your totally typical TWILIGHT stuff though ) :rolleyes:

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 01:32
I got the first book for Christmas. It's on my shelf, but I haven't picked it up yet. :)

Catracoth
25-01-10, 01:33
Mainly, my hate for any vampiric literature was the reason why I didn't enjoy it. The poor writing was the other. But that's just my opinion--please don't feel like I'm dogging on your series :p.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 01:43
^
oh no! the topic is open for discussion, everyone is entitled to an opinion! Glad you're not falling into all the vampire stuff actually. I can't seem to help myself. :mis:

AmericanAssassin - I got it for Christmas too! I didn't touch if for a while either. Get crackin! It's an awesome book! :jmp:

touchthesky
25-01-10, 11:25
Touched must be named after me.

I've read the first one but I can't remember it for the life of me so I did say recently I'd re-read it and then read the rest of them that I own.

I own up to Tempted.

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 19:22
^
how come touched is named after you? I havn't read it yet.. should i read it first? ROFL

Shauni
25-01-10, 19:27
I loved Marked, thought it was really cool. :) It's so not original though, it's what it would be like if you slapped Bella in Hogwarts or something. Trying to ride the fame from both Harry Potter and Twilight's movie/book success I think. But, I really enjoyed the first book, 'Marked'! :) The second book however, is so dang boring I just couldn't finish it. I've heard the third book is good though, so I might finish 'Betrayed' just to get to the next book lol. :D

Vickkyyy
25-01-10, 19:49
^
slapping bella in hogwarts sound original to me! :O
and, OMFG, the third book is FULL of 'OMFG WTF' moments ( so is the end of the second one, KEEP GOING! .. serously! )

AmericanAssassin
25-01-10, 19:50
Touched must be named after me.

I'm waaaaay too dirty minded. :vlol:

Shauni
26-01-10, 00:21
^
slapping bella in hogwarts sound original to me! :O
and, OMFG, the third book is FULL of 'OMFG WTF' moments ( so is the end of the second one, KEEP GOING! .. serously! )
haha well I mean that the whole Vampire part is very Twilight inspired, then the school part reminds me of Hogwarts a ton. It just seems like the writers like both and wanted to go with something they knew people already liked.
And ooo, I think I'll try to finish that book then. ^_^ Especially if they end up turning them into movies. I'll want to know all about them I'm sure, cause I'm a sucker for books turned into movies. xD

elizard_9594
26-01-10, 02:16
finished the series awhile back, loved it!

Vickkyyy
26-01-10, 03:57
haha well I mean that the whole Vampire part is very Twilight inspired, then the school part reminds me of Hogwarts a ton. It just seems like the writers like both and wanted to go with something they knew people already liked.
And ooo, I think I'll try to finish that book then. ^_^ Especially if they end up turning them into movies. I'll want to know all about them I'm sure, cause I'm a sucker for books turned into movies. xD

Has anyone actually checked into the dates? Perhaps Marked was Published before Twilight?

Shauni
26-01-10, 15:30
I guess no one likes my opinion. :rolleyes: Just saying what I was honestly thinking :)
And: Twilight - 2005. Marked - 2007.

AmericanAssassin
26-01-10, 15:32
It's not that anyone dislikes your opinion. It's that it's not possible. :whi: Nothing is Twilight inspired because there's no original content (besides sparkling-LAME) in the books. It would make more sense to say that it's inspired by Buffy, Lestat, or the True Blood books (which believe it or not started before Twilight).

Shauni
26-01-10, 15:41
I think Twilight was inspired by Buffy. lol xD And it's not impossible they weren't inspired by Twilight either. Twilight isn't that original, but you can still get inspired from anything. Especially if it's popular, might as well fit in with the trend while it's hot. I guess there's no way of really knowing their true inspiration. Though I'm sure most of it was their own creativity, not saying the ripped off something. I just thought when I picked up the book it reminded me of Twilight and Harry Potter. I'm not accusing them of stealing ideas, I was just saying what I thought about the book. Not sure why what I said is so interesting all of the sudden, cause it's not necessarily a bad comment about it. It's similar to books I like, how is that bad? I like the books and I'm pretty sure I'll keep reading them. :)

LaraCroftRox
26-01-10, 18:23
Why are people talking about Twilight?
I love HoN <3

Vickkyyy
26-01-10, 19:05
^
:hug:

I guess no one likes my opinion. :rolleyes: Just saying what I was honestly thinking :)
And: Twilight - 2005. Marked - 2007.

oohhh, makes sense then.